'Cause I've seen, the Twilight.

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Hobbit_Twins » Sun Jul 14, 2002 12:50 pm

A small delicte young woman soundlessly walked down a moonlight road. Her matalic silver hair cascaded down her back in tight ringlets. Her tiny, perfect face held huge eyes framed with long lush black lashes. Her eyes were, at the moment, deep brown. She walked quickly depite her size, her long purple cloak swishing behind her. She was almost fifteen all though looking no more then ten or eleven years old and acted over twenty. Her skin relfected the moon in a gostly pale shine as she neared the woods. Presently she entered and stoped abruptly. She wiseled a light tune and a small white bird flew down to her and landed on her outstreched hand. <BR><BR>"What news have you brought me little one?" She asked it, her voice like a silvery water fall. The bird tilted his head and criped a tune of sorrow. <BR><BR>"He is dead then." She said, her eyes a dark blue that reflected the night sky. The small bird nodded sadly. "Go," she said to it, "Give message of Ariems saddness to his parents. And put this on his body." She handed the bird a silver proimse ring. <BR><BR>"Thank you." Ariem called as it flew off.<BR><BR>She droped on her knees in the soft moss and started crying, her tears as silver driplets. It had been a long time since she had cried and now it all came flowing. How long She did not know and it did not matter. She started to sing, her voice filled with love and loss.<BR><BR>"A loved ones passing,<BR>the spring is gone forever.<BR>Though we share this humble path alone<BR>how fragale is the heart.<BR>Breath life into this feable soal,<BR>lift this mortal vail of fear,<BR>take these crumbled hopes,<BR>hatched with tears,<BR>and rise above these earthly cares.<BR>A loved one lost is a world gone by,<BR>they pass on, while you remain to see your truths<BR>and live lifes pain.<BR>I will never see the sky, the same way <BR>and I will learn to say good bye, to yesterday<BR>and I will never seace to fly, if held down<BR>and I will alway reach to high,<BR>'Cause I've seen, I've seen the Twilight."<BR><BR>Her beautiful face was streaked with tears as she finished but her voice was strong. <BR><BR>"Never again shall I love another, never again."<BR><BR>
Hobbit_Twins
Ranger of the North

Postby Hobbit_Twins » Sun Jul 14, 2002 1:32 pm

Ariem got up and looked around. 'No one there.' she thought. "No one any where.'<BR><BR><BR>(OOC Any one is welcome, come one in.)
Hobbit_Twins
Ranger of the North

Postby Eldfess » Sun Jul 14, 2002 8:40 pm

Eldritch dropped with catlike grace at the sound of singing. He felt like he must move on, but something in the music drew him in. He knew the heart that sang that song. He knew its trouble's and worries and pain. Knew it like he knew his cousin.<BR><BR><i>There was darkness all around that night. An evil mist enveloped all. There was nowhere else to go. Night and evil. And so cold....so very cold....</i>
Eldfess
Ranger of the North

Postby InnocentEvil » Mon Jul 15, 2002 8:44 am

Let's put more work into the posts here, folks. Remember, we're looking for quality of writing, not quantity of posts. If you're unfamiliar w/ the way we roleplay in the Pony you'll want to check out the Guidelines for Roleplaying In The Pony thread and the ROleplaying101 thread also found in this forum.<BR><BR>We'll need to see significant improvement if this thread is to remain open.
InnocentEvil
Ringbearer

Postby Liadan » Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:49 pm

Eadon gazed upon the moonlight sky, as the Stars of Varda were ever shining upon the darkened night and cast a glow in her eyes of the Emerald Flame. It was long she walked the boundaries of Earth, over seas and lands unknown. Ulmo carried her far as she was held high of thought in his watery realm, for Eadon loved the blissfulness and the purity in which his waters ever carried. But Ulmo sought comfort in her poetry, a poet she too was. Although in the days of late Eadon Grey was a warrior; the greatest of the women of her kin. Granted her age the years had not caught her in the phyiscal form she was of the Eldar, the First-Born.<BR>Though after the Fall of the Numenor, and Eru took Valinor and The Lonely Isle from the sights of Middle-Earth to the hidden lands Eadon Grey sailed West at her brothers command and was the only Eldar to return to Middle-Earth. For even in the beauty of Valinor, she was not ready to abdon Middle-Eart and Eadons eyes wondered East to Middle-Earth. She loved the land whence she had habited for many a years. And so she built a boat, though not realizing that Manwe had eyes like no other and he could see all that she did. On the night in which she would sail back to the East she left the harbor of Valinor. As the sea began to roar, for Ulmo was angered that she would leave him, but she hushed him and speaking to him softly she sighed,<BR> "Ulmo, great Lord of the Waters, The beauty of Valinor is great and none other land surpasses the beauty in which mine eyes see before me. Yet in my heart there sees the stars and the green Lands of Middle-Earth. I pray thee, if thou hast counsels that may sway my heart to mine eyes then pray tell. For this matter conflicts me so." And Varda listened and Manwe saw. For the Emerald Flame of Eadons eyes looked upon Ulmo with great saddness and dispair. So Manwe summoned Ulmo to bring back Eadon, she had still broken a law and there for she must be judged. Ulmo with sorrow brought her forth unto the council. Eadon looked gravely around and said unto the Lords whom sat before her. <BR>"Mine eyes and mind wish to stay with thee in Valinor, but my heart wilt not agree. For it yearns for the ever widening land of Middle-Earth." Manwe sat silently mediating on the council of Illuvatar and thence he spoke with Thunder, <BR>"The Peoples of Middle-Earth hold greater a peril than they knowst. What does thou say of this?" <BR>Eadon looked straight into the eyes of Manwe. "Their peril was cast upon them by the kin of mine. Therefore should not some go to defend those of who are in need? I am distrought, for I am torn between two beauties, and yet, one needs help more than other. What say thee to this?" she asked him.<BR>And Manwe smiled, "Thou are a noble one of the Nolder. But now here I pass the judgement of Eru. To Middle-Earth thee shall go, and there thee shall stay." As Eadons head dropped Manwe finished the sentance of Eru. "Until... thou has found, the one whom has seen the Twilight. Seek her thee must, and only then may thou return to Valinor." <BR>Eadons joy was great, though she knew not when she would return. And after a short stay Ulmo carried her swiftly to the edges of Middle- Earth. And still she stays, for she seeks the one, and whence she finds then she may return.<BR>Eadon knew the time had soon come, for Ulmo told her as she swam in his river...<BR>"Behold, me dearest Eadon, for the One is born on this night, and thou shall seek for her, though not in vain. Thou must bring her from the perils of Middle-Earth."<BR>For 15 years Eadon had been searching hoping she would fall upon a clue.
Liadan
Ranger of the North

Postby asaris » Tue Jul 16, 2002 10:56 am

(OOC: Sorry for breaking in like this, but I'd like to join, and would therefore like to know when and where this is taking place. Oh, and it might not be a bad idea for someone to start an OOC thread to explain these sorts of things, and where the thread is supposed to be going.)
asaris
Ranger of the North

Postby Hobbit_Twins » Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:32 pm

Ariem awoke to the sound of birds singing. She sat up quickly, 'I must have fallen asleep.' She thought trying to stand. She brushed off her dress and looked at the sun looking in through the leaves of the trees above her. <BR><BR>"How long have I been asleep?" She asked no one. Her eyes were still a dark blue of saddness as she thought back on her loves face. "Bradon, oh Bradon. How could you leave me so alone?" She wiped the last of her tears out of her eyes. <BR><BR>'You've been alone before.' She told herself, 'And you got by just fine.' Her eyes went a dull, unemotional gray. 'Stop being such a baby. He was a mortal, just like you. Mortals die. Get over it.' <BR><BR>She hummed a bit of the morning song that she had sung, heart bursting, the night before. <BR><BR>"'Cause I've seen, I've seen the Twilight." She sang the ending outloud. 'And you have. Oh, yes you have.'<BR><BR>(I'll start a OOC thread. It'll be called, OOC For 'Cause I've seen, the Twilight)
Hobbit_Twins
Ranger of the North

Postby asaris » Wed Jul 24, 2002 12:46 pm

Benoit walked out of the Prancing Pony, pulling up the hood of his dark green cloak to defend himself against the rain. <i>This is no night for man or beast to be outside</i> he thought to himself as he trudged through the mud towards the stables. But duty called. Apparently the assassins guild had put out a contract on a girl -- Benoit only knew her name, Ariem, and a brief description. His contact had not been overly helpful. The last sighting had been in the woods to the east of Bree, somewhere. Benoit needed to find her before the assassins did. He took one last drag on his limp cigarette before mounting his steed and riding out of town.
asaris
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady_Force » Thu Jul 25, 2002 12:27 pm

Not far from Bree, a young woman wakes from a nother uncomfrtabal night on the grownd. "Goodness!" she thinks "you'd think that after the last few years I'd get used to sleeping on the ground. Grogly she remembers wakeing in the middle of the night from singing. There was someone elts in the woods not to far away. Dieanel pushes this thoght aside and mounts her horse Solnara and calls to her cat Kar. The snow white cat jumps on her pedastoole. Keeping her long lost Husbend in mind, Dieanel spurs her horse. She spends many hours surching the forest around her with her deep sea green eyes. Agen her mind trales to the song she had heard the night before. It reminded her so much of her. Dieanel knew she had to find the girl that had sang it. She spured her beutifal white horse on...
Lady_Force
Shield Bearer

Postby Running-Deer » Thu Jul 25, 2002 1:21 pm

You were warned to pick this up by Innocent Evil 10 days ago. Since then, 1 larger post has been posted and then a group of smaller posts have since appeared. I suggest that you all take the time to read the links in my signature line for Guidelines and how to Role Play.
Running-Deer
Mariner

Postby asaris » Fri Jul 26, 2002 11:13 am

Benoit rode down the road east of Bree, looking for the girl he was to protect. As he looked for some sign of her -- he assumed she would be traveling along the road, for speed -- he recalled that he had heard the name mentioned before, about three years ago. His friend Erinhue had heard of a theif in the Havens named Ariem, whom the authorities were seeking to apprehend. A small woman and graceful with silver hair. If this was indeed the same person, Benoit's assignment would be a little more complicated than he thought.<BR><BR>A few hours east of Bree, Benoit heard a spot of singing just off the road. He recognized it immediately -- it was a favorite in some bars and he had even sung it himself a few times. It was a sad song, which was why it was not sung more often, but it was still one of Benoit's favorites. He pulled his steed over to the side to get a better glimpse of the singer. It was indeed a small woman with silver hair. "Ariem?" the bard called out. "Who wants to know?" she replied, a hint of sadness underlying the threatening tone. "I am a friend. Name's Benoit, wandering bard of Eriador. Might I travel with you a while?" His best charming smile graced his face as he looked at the small woman from the top of his tall horse.
asaris
Ranger of the North

Postby luthienelflover » Fri Jul 26, 2002 3:03 pm

Altariel crept through the forest, <i>trying</i> very hard to be quiet and not really succeeding. The creamy horse that followed her was not accustomed to silence. "Quiet, Asfanor," she hissed to him. The fair elf riding on his back woke at her voice. <BR>"What is it, Altariel?" He asked softly.<BR>"This stupid horse won't shut up," she murmured. "Artamir, I am not happy about this. I shouldn't be here! I don't think that being chased away from home by those I have always called family warrants such desperate measures. I don't need to be wandering hopelessly in the wilderness." She set her face in a grimace. "We could go to Bree. We are near there, aren't we?" She sighed. At least now that you are awake, I can ride Asfanor with you." She vaulted on to the horse, almost hitting Artamir. He put his arms around her waist and the horse broke into a gallop. They rode through the woods, swift as lightning. There was nothing to talk about; all they could od was ride.<BR><BR>Suddenly the horse reared. Two people were standing and talking. One had the look of a bard, and she couldn't tell with the other. She dismounted. They were staring at her, but not unkindly. "Hello," she said cautiously. "I am Altariel, and this is -" She blushed a delicate shell pink -"My fiance, Artamir." She looked at them quizzically. "And you are?"
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Lady_Force » Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:42 pm

Going threw the woods thinking mostly about nothing. Suddenly reching a clearing Dieanel realises that she has reched the road!<BR> "Oh good!" she says out loud to her self "this will mack travel mutch faster." <BR> "you must reamember, though that the orcs that killed your hubind are out for you too."<BR> "yes, Kartera, but I'm after them as well. we'll just have to see who gets who first." Dieanel says with a smile. <BR> Suddenly Solanda stops, the butifal horse wineys softly. Kartera's white and black striped ears purk up.<BR> "Voices!" she says suprised.<BR> "ya, I hear them too!" Dieanel responds. Quicly she dismounts off Sol.<BR>"wait here" she wispers to Kar and pets her. "I'll be back." quietly she goes into the trees off to the side off the road. soon she sees a small gathering of people. Two men and two men! they all where talking. Dieanel was too far away to hear what they where saying. Seeing that none looked vary theretaning, she goes back to Solanda and leads the cat and horse to the little gathering. All turn as she enters. <BR> "Hello!" she says. there is a long acuered pause. Ariem roles her eyes and the others shift uncomfterbuly.
Lady_Force
Shield Bearer

Postby BeldaranTheFair » Tue Jul 30, 2002 1:56 pm

A young theif, with blonde hair, was running though the forest when she heard singing. She stoped dead, and hid behind a tree, clutching the stolen goods. After a while, she heard voices, and slowly went toward them. She hid behind another tree, where she could watch the people. <BR> <BR>One of them had brilliant silver hair, but that was all she could see of that figure. She listened to the strangers. When they mentioned the name "Ariem", she gasped. The silver haired figure turned and yelled, "Who's there?"<BR> <BR>Slowly, the girl came out from behind the tree. She caught a glimpes of Ariem's face and gasped again. 'It is Ariem' She thought 'I wonder if she remembers me.'<BR> <BR>"My name is Beldaran" She said
BeldaranTheFair
Citizen of Imladris

Postby asaris » Wed Jul 31, 2002 9:29 am

"Elbereth but isn't this quite the party. Funny how ya can meet so many people at a random spot in the woods. But we should really keep moving, <i>Marie</i>. Your creditors are probably closing fast. Nice to meet you all, really." He then reached out a hand to help Ariem onto his horse. He hoped she would play along with him -- he really didn't want to have to fight today with the hangover he had, and the assassins were probably closing fast.
asaris
Ranger of the North

Postby Liadan » Wed Jul 31, 2002 5:05 pm

The Emerald Flame burned bright in her eyes as she thought about the memories she carried. Her mind always drifted wondering if she had made a mistake, yet her heart confirmed to her she did not. She knew one thing was sure, she would return to Valinor, dead or alive. Eadon walked over to her horse and patted him on his watery silver mane and kissed his brow. "Come Eoin, for we ride again, though our destination I know not or where. But soon I feel we may cross paths even though I am unsure what to do whence we find our task."<BR><BR>Eadon mounted the tall horse with ease for she herself was great in hieght. Her long curly black hair enveloping her torso and hips and her pale skin reflecting the shimmering moon. "Ride my sweet Eoin, ride!" She called. The horse rode at great speeds across forests and lands they searched for the girl of the Twilight.
Liadan
Ranger of the North

Postby luthienelflover » Thu Aug 01, 2002 12:35 pm

Altariel stared at all the new arrivals, adn shook her head. "Well, it is nice to meet you all, but we really have to be going. We're going- to - Bree. Yes, Bree. Which way is it?" One of the women pointed. "Thank you," she sighed, and clambered back onto her horse. "Goodbye, Marie," she called. "Take care."
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby BeldaranTheFair » Sun Aug 04, 2002 12:49 pm

Beldaran was still staring intently at Ariem. <BR><BR><i>When will she reconize me. Does she even remember?</i><BR><BR>Ariem glanced at Beldaran, and she smiled. Waiting for Ariem to say something. When she didn't, Beldaran said, "Do you remember me, old friend? It is I, Beldaran. Did you forget me? I didn't forget you. Your the one who got me started in my craft. When I first met you, Marie, I was a homeless scully wench. You were the one who helped me turn my life around. We were best friends, 3 years ago. Remember? In Bree? With the theif Bradon?" <BR><BR>At the mension of the name Bradon, Ariem's eyes turned drak blue. <BR><BR><i>I wonder what happend with Bradon. I thought they were engaged or something. I wonder if they broke it off.</i>
BeldaranTheFair
Citizen of Imladris

Postby asaris » Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:51 am

Bradon...now that name rang a big bell for Benoit. Two years ago he had caught him with the necklace of a certain noblewoman. He lost a hand for that -- could have been worse, too. He could have been executed, but the magistrate was inclined to be lenient. There had been some indication that the necklace was perhaps not stolen, but rather was a gift...<BR><BR>But all this Benoit kept to himself. He didn't want to reveal his true role here. Rather, he looked insistently on the people surrounding he and Ariem and said, "Come, Marie, we must go. If these others wish to accompany us, they may, but we mustn't linger." As if to punctuate his words, an arrow struck a tree behind them and sat there, quivering.
asaris
Ranger of the North

Postby Iavasel » Mon Aug 05, 2002 10:38 pm

Cai inhaled sharply as the arrow sped past an inch in front of his nose. He ducked down swiftly, and crept away through the foliage, not desiring to take his chances with another shot. <i>Not meant for us.</i> One of his wolf companions, Firen, observed. <i>No.</i>Cai agreed. <i>Who cares?</i>Alagos, another wolf broke in. <i>Kill them all. Plenty of meat for the pack. We haven't had game for two days.</i> This was accompanied by a mental image of Ariem's party. <i>No,</i>Firen thought back,<i>We kill them and there are bound to be a whole mess of two legs on our tails, hunting us and driving off all our prey. Nothing we haven't dealt with before.</i>Alagos observed. <i>But not something I want to deal with again.</i>Responded Firen. The pack was silent, waiting on Cai's descision. <i>For now,</i>he told them,<i>we will follow.</i>The pack accepted their leader's word unquestioningly, and silently kept level with him as he threaded his way after the Ariem's party.<BR><BR>(ooc:sry for any confusion. Cai is a man, the rest are wolves.)
Iavasel
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady_Force » Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:02 am

"Where the heck did that come from?!" Dia asked out loud.<BR>"<i>Did you see anything Kar?</i>" she asked her cat in her head. Kar shook her head. Thoughs around them just thought that the cat was shaking her head for no aperint reason.<BR> "<b>no. I saw nothing.</b>"<BR> "I dont know where," some one said. "But I think we should get a move on." <BR> The others agreed. soon the party was on it's way. The Arrow still in the tree.<BR> "<b>Dia?</b>" Kar said. Getting her compainon's atetion.<BR> "<i>yes Love?</i>"<BR> "<b>I smell dog.</b>" she anoused. Dia looked back behind them but saw nothing.<BR> "<i>stay on your gaurd. There is something abrawed.</i>"
Lady_Force
Shield Bearer

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)