Quest for Mordor - Into the Flames

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Hobbit_Twins » Sun Aug 25, 2002 12:58 pm

In the cold winter weeks following Yule time, the Misty Mountains were covered with a blanket of snow as more blew down. The wind swirled around a lone, cloaked, figure trudging through the blizzard. The small figure stopped, a black silhouette against the white.<BR><BR>“Gypsy.” a feminine voice called from the depths of the hood. “Gypsy!”<BR><BR><i> ‘I’m right here.’</i> a small black kitten dashed to the cloaked woman.<BR><BR>“What took you so long?” the cool, crisp voice inquired<BR><BR><i> ‘I can’t run as fast as you. The snow may come up to your shins, but it is over my head.’ </i> The kitten looked up at the figure, silver eyes sparking with anger. <i> ‘Why did you bring us to this godforsaken place anyways?’</i> <BR><BR>“I didn’t have any choose in the matter, little one.” a tiny, delicate hand came out of the cloak, and caressed the freezing animals head. “We were sent on a mission. We must find out what is happening in Mordor. Everyone in the Thieves Guild is questioning it, smoke rises out of Mount Doom, the Orcs are multiplying at an alarming rate, some even say that the Dark Lord,” she made the sign against evil, “has <b>risen again</b>.” Huge eyes beneath the hood flicked white at the very thought. She shook her head, casting it out. “Luthen, the King of the Thieves, sent us to find out what is really going on, and this is the fastest way.” <BR><BR><i> ‘Well, if we don’t find a place to stay the night, I will be frozen solid.’ </i> Gypsy complained. The spy laughed, the sound of silver bells cascaded in the wind, as her eyes turned a merry green.<BR><BR>“You have a gift for stating the obvious, Gyps.” She looked around. “Yes, we will have to find a place to stay. If memory serves right, there is a small village about two miles from here. They must have a inn of some sort.” She started off again, realized that the kitten was not following, and turned around. “Come on. I thought you wanted to get going.”<BR><BR><i> ‘I do.’ </i> <BR><BR>‘Then come on! I hate the snow and I want to be away from it. Or has the cold frozen you wits?” <BR><BR><i> ‘Don’t be pert, I’m coming. But I need you to carry me, my paws are completely frigid, I can’t move them.’ </i> With a sigh the small figure dipped and picked up the shivering black bundle, pulling her inside the cloak. <BR><BR>‘Now don’t fidget.” <BR><BR>~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`<BR><BR><BR>The pair reached a grimy, worn-out inn, around dinner. Looking at the sign on the door, the spy chuckled under her breath; “‘The Pile’? How completely appropriate.”<BR><BR><i> ‘I don’t like it.’</i> Gypsy declared.<BR><BR>“You don’t like anything.” The spy snapped, her eyes flaming red. “And frankly, I don’t care.”And with that the cloaked stranger swept inside.<BR><BR>The scene that met her eyes was one that she had seen a million times. All inn common rooms are the same. The only things that change are the faces of the people, the positions of the dunk and the voices of the singer. A tall, fat man came to meet her, The Innkeeper.<BR><BR>“What can I do for you child?” <BR><BR>The spy grit her teeth to keep from giving an angry reply. “I hate it when people think I’m a child.” she muttered under her breath to Gypsy. <i>’And how old are you grandmother?’ </i> She blushed and replied, “Fourteen.” <i> Ah, I see, an amazing difference in age.’</i> “Shut up.” The girl hissed. Turning her attention to the Innkeeper she realized the he was looking at her oddly. <BR><BR>“Do you always talk to your cat as though it can talk back?”He inquired.<BR><BR>“Yes.” She replied shortly. “Now, I would like a mug of tea and a saucer of milk.” <BR><BR>“Which for which?” He asked, laughing. She glared at him, her eyes a burning red. He faltered, taking a step back. “Do your eyes always change colors?” He asked in a quivering voice.<BR><BR>“Yes.” She snapped “Now about my drink....” <BR><BR>“Come, miss. I have a empty table you can have.” He was talking very fast and she could tell he wanted to get a away from her piercing gaze. <BR><BR>“Thank you.”She pushed past him and sat down. She pulled back her hood revealing a delicate, beautiful young girl with apple blossom skin and full red lips. Her hair, as silver as her cats eyes, and little mused from being under a hood, fell in tight ringlets past her waist. The Innkeeper stared at her in open admiration. <BR><BR>“Never has such beauty graced my inn.” He whispered, his voice full of respect “And I don’t think it ever will again.” He bowed deeply and stared into her now blue eyes. “May I be so bold as to inquire you name my lady?” <BR><BR>“My name is Ariem.” The enchanting thief declared, hoping that this small, secluded village had not heard of her. Since the Innkeepers expression did not change at once to shock, she rightly guessed that it hadn’t. “And about my tea.....” <BR><BR>“Right away my lady.” The fat man bowed again and hurriedly backed away to the bar. Ariem shook her head, an amused smile on her lips and in her green eyes. She reached out a tiny hand and stroked her kitten, looking at the persons in the inn with interest.
Hobbit_Twins
Ranger of the North

Postby Letora » Tue Aug 27, 2002 6:52 pm

Eyes glared at an unknown figure that walked through the door to the in. The figure's face was hidden beneath a cloak. Slowly they walked toward the counter at the front of the large pub.<BR><BR>"I would like accomidations." <BR><BR>"For whom do shall I get this room for."<BR><BR>"Do not ask me questions. For I come from the woods of Lorien. Realm of the Lady of the Wood. You shall not ask stupid questions."<BR><BR>"Yes of course." He handed the figure a key, and told her to go to room 176 on the thir floor.<BR><BR>"I am much obliged. My name is Letora and I am an elf of Lothlorien."<BR><BR>She pulled the cloak from her head and walked up the stairs toward her room. Eyes followed her for she was an elf. Many in this part of the world had never seen an elf and were quite astonished to how beautiful she was. For they had thought that elves were like humans just taller and with pointed ears. None had known of their grace and beauty except for Ariem.
Letora
Ranger of the North

Postby Ariella » Tue Aug 27, 2002 8:29 pm

Ariella walked slowly up the road, raping her cloack around her body. She was cold and frightened. Ariella was confused why she was even here in the first place, it seemed that ever scince she had discovered some of her talents that her life had been turned upside down. Little did she know that what she had discovered was quiet literally the tip of the iceberg and if she truly had any idea of was she could do she would go mad. 6 weeks had past scince she had woken staring up at the sun through the trees. Stranger still was it that her memory was gone. The man that she had seen standing above her had spoken, <i>"It is stange how everything rests on you, such a young girl, yet there is still hope, hope that you will suceed." </i> She knew him immediatly as an elf though how she could not tell. He had told her to run as fast as she could to the inn named "The Pile" She would find one there who would help me, one like him. <BR>She had not questioned him, it was unwise to question an elf. And so she had set out.<BR>------------------------<BR><BR>Her feet ached and her heart was heavy. She was about to give up hope and curl in a doorway when she heard voices coming from up the road. The pile appeared from the outside to be bearly holding up and it made her wonder how it was that it had not yet fallen down.<BR><BR>She steped into the inn but did not remove her hood. She was here, the elf was here, she could feel her. Ariella's sighed.<BR>
Ariella
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Aloen~Elven~Half » Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:11 am

OOC Sorry Ariem, but Aloen's eyes have changed color sinse she was created. She gets it from her mother's family. So if you don't mind I'm going to keep useing that stratigy...and I hope you don't think I'm copying...OK?<BR>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<BR>The snow was blowing at what seemed a hundred miles an hour, driving into the fair face of the elvenhalf. She grimaced and pulled her hood further over her face, her tiger Jewlyn at her side. She spoke to him in his own speech saying,<BR><BR>"Where didthey go,Jewl?" To the reply of, "Over that little ridge in the rode and on down to the vilage." The wight tiger stepped closer to to the elven girl. "And I don't know why your in such an awful hurry, I'm confortable for the first time since we left Shastida!"<BR><BR>Aloen glared down at him with eyes now a bright and freezing blue. She shook her head under her hood, feeling one soft curl brush her cheak. They had been fallowing a little girl and her cat, by the request of her Uncle Elrond.<BR><BR>"Come on, lets get to the vilage before the snow gets so high you can't walk." n was his turn to glare. Aloen laughed and skipped lightly over the snow, down the path twards the village. Knowing that Jewlyn was right behind her, and if she was cought she'd be tackled and he'd probly try to lick her face till she turned blue. Smiling she ran on, for she had the advantage of being able to run on the snow.<BR>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<BR><BR>Reaching the in she stepped inside and pulled back her hood. She'd never been shy of showing off her looks, and unlike the rangers, to whom she was kin, she couldn't stand not to be able to see in all directions. Jewlyn had stayed outside so that he wouldn't frighten anyone and besides her liked it better in the cold.<BR><BR>The innkeep came up to greet her and looking up he exclamed, "So many beautiful wemon, and all at once too!" She looked down at him and smiled. "Has a girl of about 14 come in tonight?" She asked. He nodded and pointed to her.<BR><BR>"Ah, I'll have an Athalass, quikly sir." She strowd over to where the younger girl was sitting and casualy sat diwn beside her, smiling warmly, as her eyes changed from deep blue to perky and cheery green.<BR>"So, how goes it with you?" She asked, to the suprise of the little girl...she was so young.
Aloen~Elven~Half
Rider of the Mark

Postby Tobias_Red-tail » Wed Aug 28, 2002 7:22 am

Alayna came through the door, a red-tailed hawk on her shoulder. The barkeep gave a start, when he saw the hawk on her shoulder. She wore a grren cloak, trimmed with gold around the edges, and a riding dress of deep indigo slashed with yellow. Her brown hair, streaked with gold, and black eyes gave her the image of someone who had been travelling for a while. She looked for an empty table, and chose one near the corner. The bird hopped from her shoulder to the back rest of her chair, and began to preen. Alayna shook her head, Varnia could be right naughty when she felt like it. She gently stroked the bird, and ordered some mild ale for herself, and some roasted venision for her feathered friend. The bird could not speak to her, but her magic enabled her to understand the bird's thoughts.<BR><BR>A sword of fine make, with a slim blade, only the width of her index finger, hanging its sheath by her side. She peeled small pieces of meat off, gently feeding them to the bird, who accepted it without much comments, aside from a slight one that she prefered meat raw instead of cooked and roasted. Alayna allowed a small grin to spread across her features, for it was not everyday her hawk would pass comments on the cooking of the chef. Alayna was a mage, yes, more of a war mage than anything else. She could conjure shields, fireballs and the like without difficulty, but healing was completely alien to her. She had, in a strange way, bonded to the hawk that sat on the back of her chair. The bird, sensing her thoughts, gently nudged her with its feathered head. She noticed, out of the corner of her eye, that many a strange figure had entered the inn tonight. First a girl with a kitten, then an elf, now a half-elf had joined the interesting motley. With a wry grin, she thought: <i>I'm not much better than them. A war mage is rarely seen in quiet villages.</i> For a slight laugh, she used a thread of her magic to create a ball of flame on her hand, then calling to the barkeep to refill her wine by waving the hand with the flame on it. The barkeep stared. So did half the people in the room. She spoke in a lazy drawl, "What? You haven't seen a War Mage before?" She then extinguished the flame with a loud crack, causing them to jump. She smirked; magic could be used for other purposes, like getting a good laugh.
Tobias_Red-tail
Ranger of the North

Postby Aloen~Elven~Half » Wed Aug 28, 2002 3:43 pm

<i>So, how goes it with you?" She asked, to the suprise of the little girl...she was so young</i><BR><BR>The words had bearly left Aloens lips, when a women, perhapps some kind of a magition lit a fire in her hand, causing half the room to turn and look.<BR><BR><i>"What? You haven't seen a War Mage before?" She then extinguished the flame with a loud crack.</i> Aloen just shook her head.<BR><BR>"I would not be showing off like that if I were her...not in these evil days." She turned her fair elven features back to the girl. While playing with one of her many dark brown curls she gazed absantmindedly at her drink or so it seemed. There was a tention in the room, she could feel that without the slightest consontration, but where it came from she didn't know. Summining the innkeep she asked in an undertone.<BR><BR>"That mage, who is she? Do you see her kind often? I noticed you were one of the few who didn't jump at her bit of a fire trick." <BR><BR>"I've never seen her that I can remember, M'lady. We have had a number of her kind in her before though." He said almost appologeticly. <BR><BR>Aloen nodded, and was about to daze off again, to perceve the thoughts of this stranger, when she relized that the girl was talking to her. "My name is Ariem..."
Aloen~Elven~Half
Rider of the Mark

Postby Letora » Wed Aug 28, 2002 6:18 pm

Letora opened the door to room 176. She looked around the room. It was not as nice as her home in Lothlorien, but it would have to do for accomidations. Carefully she lifted the cloak from her shoulders and draped it over the bed. As she looked into the broken mirror that hung diagonally on the wall she realized that was quite filthy. <BR><BR>Her horse Carna was tied up outside. Carna was making a horrible noise, and it was probably killing the people's ears downstairs. <BR><BR>Letora quickly changed into an very beautiful garment and let down her hair. The long brown locks draped down her body. She headed for the door and opened it. Slowly with incredible grace she walked down the stairs. <BR><BR>In no time at all she was down in the pub. The bartender looked at her as she walked into the crowded room. Her elegance stood out among the many other people in the room. Her eyes darted to a young girl sitting in the back of the room. She had known that this girl was coming, and she knew her as Ariella. Letora began to walk toward her. The bartender walked toward Letora and asked if she would like anything to drink. She said nothing in reply and continued to walk on passed him. When she reached the table she sat herself in one of the three chairs remaining.<BR><BR>"I am Letora and you have been sent to me. By a dear friend of mine. He wishes not for you to know his name. You are Ariella as I already know. I presume that you already know whom I am. Correct."<BR><BR>The girl looked up at Letora and gave her a puzzled look. She was quiet for a while and then began to state her reply.
Letora
Ranger of the North

Postby Ariella » Wed Aug 28, 2002 8:24 pm

Ariella stared up at the elf with wide blue-green eyes from underneth her hood. She relised that she still had her cloak tightly raped around her so that people would not see her.<BR><BR>"No mistress elf, I do not know your name though you look so much like......him." Ariella replyed. Ariella Clasped her sword. She smiled softly but her eyes were wild and dangerous. <BR><BR>Ariella had seen the war mage out of the corner of her eye. She was not scared of her, she couldn't hurt her even if she wanted to.<BR><BR>Ariella turned back to the beatiful elf. She felt that something was wrong, very wrong but what she was not sure of. She hoped that the elf would have some answers.
Ariella
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Morphobia » Wed Aug 28, 2002 10:05 pm

A bushy-tailed squirrel bounded into the room. Standing straight up on its hind legs, and led a small-built young girl to a table already occupied by another girl with her hawk. It ran and clambered upon one of the chairs and got into a mock salute.<BR><b>Flaniar reporting, ma'am!</b> It cried. The girl sat down, and picked up the squirrel Flaniar. She turned to the girl and the hawk, and said, <i>I'm sorry, Alayna. Flaniar... Well, she's a little excited over that new trick of yours.</i><BR><b>Oh, Buddy...</b> The squirrel protested gently.<BR>Alayna grinned. <u>You mean this?</u> Almost immediately a green flame appeared in one hand, and a purple flame in another. Flaniar watched in awe as the two flames mixed, turning into a bright yellow flame, which extinguished with a pop. The hawk, Varnia, yawned, obviously bored.<BR><u><i>She's been practising that for some time now... It gets boring after a while.</i></u> The hawk commented.<BR><b>No one asked you, beak-face.</b> Flaniar said, watching as another flame turned orange, with a blue centre, then yellow, with a dull greyish centre.<BR><u><i>Well, then, little rodent,</i></u> Varnia turned her gaze onto Flaniar. <u><i>Let's see how fast a little animal like you can run when met up with the king of the skies.</i></u> With that, Flaniar scampered off, shouting a challenge to Varnia, and the hawk took off in hot pursuit.<BR><u>Well, Buddy, those two seem to be getting along nicely, huh.</u> Alayna grinned. Buddy grinned too.<BR><i>Yeah... Let's just hope Flaniar and Varnia come back in one piece.</i> With that, the two girls toasted to their friendship, downing huge mugs of beer inbetween them.
Morphobia
Rider of the Mark

Postby Tobias_Red-tail » Wed Aug 28, 2002 10:30 pm

"I see you have finally arrived. What do you have to report?" Alayna remarked in her usual drawl when their ale came. "Wait, don't start. I've heard it all. They are not moving, blah blah." She idly formed a streak of lightning. "I don't see how you can take so long to find things out. Our superior is waiting for your report, you know. He is getting impatient. He really wants to know if they will be attacking us anytime soon." The lightning vanished, and Alayna spoke again.<BR>"Don't try your luck with the commander. He might have you killed one night while you're sleeping. I know him. He is that merciless to all failed agents."<BR><BR>She waved a hand to signal the barkeep, and asked him for two rooms for the night. Then she turned back to Buddy.<BR>"You may be my friend, but remember. The commander was against letting you do undercover from the start, and he will love to have you killed for this reason. Be on your guard. I can't look out for you, even if he has you killed, I may never know, and you will just be another failed agent who will be used as an example for years to come."<BR>
Tobias_Red-tail
Ranger of the North

Postby Morphobia » Wed Aug 28, 2002 10:40 pm

<i>Who am I to control what they do?</i> Buddy asked. <i>I know how the commander is like, and I don't want anything to do with his bad books. I value my life, thank you. If you want quick information, I can't get it for you. Get it yourself.</i> Her eyes darted over to the door, where Varnia dragged in the exhaused Flaniar. <i>By the way, our comrades are back.</i> Alayna nodded at the two animals, as Buddy cradled Flaniar in her arms. <i>I will see you tomorrow. I don't want to discuss this now.</i> With that, Buddy stalked off, with the energy-less body of Flaniar lying motionless in her arms, towards her room.<BR><BR><BR><BR>That night, Flaniar came round to the patting of a wet towel on her head. She sat up quickly, and saw that only Buddy was with her. She smiled, and started chattering away like her usual self. <b>You should have seen Varnia go! One minute I thought I had the lead, when suddenly, whoosh, she's in front of me.</b> Buddy smiled.<BR><BR><i>I think little critters with lots to say must be very tired by now. Go to bed, Flaniar.</i><BR><BR><b>Oh, no, ma'am. I was just...</b><BR><BR><i>Go to sleep, Flaniar!</i><BR><BR>Without another word, the little squirrel curled up on her usual place:a pillow next to the bed. A few minutes later, she was fast asleep, and so was Buddy.
Morphobia
Rider of the Mark

Postby Hobbit_Twins » Thu Aug 29, 2002 7:58 am

<BR>“My name is Ariem.” she said to the beautiful woman sitting next to her. “And this is Gypsy.” She added, waving a hand at the black kitten who was vigorously washing her paws with a small pink tongue. Ariem’s voice was light and casual, her eyes a light blue, but even as she smiled at the woman Ariem was studying her face forcefully. The Innkeeper came back with the milk and tea. Airem sipped at her drink while mentally going through a million faces that she had seen in her lifetime. Satisfied that this woman didn’t match any of them she glanced out the window. <BR><BR>“I don’t know you, ma’am.” she said softly, still looking out at the storm. “Who are you?”<BR><BR>The woman’s voice was amused. “My, aren’t you blunt, little one?” <BR><BR>“More blunt and less little then you think.” Ariem’s voice was colder then the snow that was blowing against the small inn. Her eyes, though still intent on the blizzard, had turned a icy gray.<BR><BR>“Point taken. My name is Aloen.” Not a name Ariem recognized, she wasn’t a member of the Thieves Gild. But what was she?<BR><BR>“Thank you. A name is nice but it doesn’t tell me anything about you.” Ariem decided to remain vague with this woman until she knew more about her, friend or foe. “Occupation? Alliance? Famous relative? Well known crime in your name?” ‘Anything?’ she added silently. <BR><BR>“Forgive me,” she continued. “I prefer to know about my dinner companions before welcoming them. You never know when one of them might think you would look better with a knife between your shoulder blades.” Airem shrugged slightly. “I may be paranoid but I’ve had too many attempts on my life to not be conscious.”
Hobbit_Twins
Ranger of the North

Postby Running-Deer » Thu Aug 29, 2002 4:47 pm

I would like to bring your attention to the newer updated Pony Guidelines (listed in my sig line) which now states that advertising for more people to join is not allowed in the thread title. Could the thread originator please edit (Come on, you know you want to) out of the title? TIA
Running-Deer
Mariner

Postby ~*Elvish*Starlight*~ » Sat Aug 31, 2002 7:29 am

The dark, cloaked figure moved as quickly as possible through the thick, blinding snow. She was going to complete this task as swiftly as possible, and then be done with it. She had to many other personal matters to take care of...<BR><BR>"Ugh, I hate this dratted snow!" She kicked a white flurry up from the white, plush ground with her black boot. "Why does this stupid spy have to go this way? It's just about my least favorite route..."<BR><BR> She had gotten used to talking to herself, as she had never known another, and had always refused to travel with any, even a horse. She was a loner and always had been, serving her master in Mordor, and always just wanting to be done with it so that she may leave her homeland for the time until her next assignment. This one was very unpleasant, but still no where near as bad as some of the others.<BR><BR>The half-wraith clambered up the steep path, trying to keep hold of her target's scent, which was exceedingly hard to do in such cold and snow. But she thought she could make it out, the scent of human blood, leading up to a clearing in the hills. It seemed to be an inn, or of the sorts, and very humble-looking at that. But at least this was some shelter. She would have to be careful as not to reveal herself, though. She wasn't one much to socialize. <BR><BR>She opened the door to the building, and shook the mass of snowflakes from her black cloak. She slipped in past he commonroom, and made her way down the passage to the bedrooms, trying to keep the scent on trace. <BR><BR>She had not been given much information on who this person was, only that they would be travelling to the East using this pass. And she had to take this person out; all spies of the free peoples were to be annihilated before they could get any information from the master, or spoil his plans. <BR><BR>She had been assigned to this one, who had apparently been the one told to be the toughest to take out. Khartazul couldn't figure out why this was, she was the top-rank force Mordor could offer, and the one she was tracking now smelled like the blood of one very young, and a mortal. How could this possbly be a threat to the great lands of Mordor? She thought this very puzzling, almost as a joke, but Khartazul did not let her guard down. She would find this person, here, and take care of them the second they stepped out of the inn.
~*Elvish*Starlight*~
Shield Bearer

Postby Ohdarn,son.of.Ohtar » Sat Aug 31, 2002 8:48 am

He trudged through the snow slowly, but grateful that it wasn't any colder out. However, the snow could be deadly. Guarding a pass in the misty mountains was dangerous enough, but the snow made the post hard to conceal. There was no longer any surprise on movement through the mountains until enough snow fell.<BR><BR>When he reached the specified point, he laid down his pack, and took out his shovel. He was under orders to build an outpost here, and, for the moment, it would have to be a snow-hut for him to sleep in. After a few days, though, there would probably be someone sent to take over the post while he was sent to build another. He had now done this for some time, and the first night of camp-building was always the hardest.<BR><BR>After he had burrowed enough to shelter himself, he stopped and looked around. There on the plain, blanketed by snow, was a large inn, from which a golden light was spilling, and a comforting plume of smoke rose from its chimney. "Another quiet night in the Misty Mountains," he thought, "If I am not snowed in here by morning, or swept over by an avalanche, I will consider myself lucky."
Ohdarn,son.of.Ohtar
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Aloen~Elven~Half » Sat Aug 31, 2002 4:21 pm

<i>“Forgive me,” she continued. “I prefer to know about my dinner companions before welcoming them. You never know when one of them might think you would look better with a knife between your shoulder blades.” Airem shrugged slightly. “I may be paranoid but I’ve had too many attempts on my life to not be conscious.” </i><BR><BR>Aloen smiled, "I know how that is!" She sighed. "Alright, you wish to know about me. I understand that. And I shall give you as much information as I can but..." She raised an eyebrow. "I can't promise all. I'm sure <i>you</i> under stand that?"<BR><BR>"I do." Ariem replyed "But if you can't give me enough..." She didn't finish the setance, there was no need.<BR><BR>"I can give you enough information to keep you happy, you shall not lack anything you <i>need</i> to know." Aloen shifted in her seat. Better get simi-confortable, She thought.<BR><BR>"Well I am a traviler for starters. I am a worrier, archer, shield maiden, kniff thrower, rider...the like. But I'm also a healer. I was in the battle of Palannor, just a little while ago it seems, though you could only have been an infant. It was durring the War of the Ring...oh I'm sure you've heard the tales. My twin sister and I fallowed the "fellowship" by the good grace of my Uncle Elrond. We were not truely part of the company, but they knew of us. And most of the time we all travled together, no fallowing invalved. Aragorn was like a brother to me." She stopped and her eyes changed from light green to dark blue. She shook her head.<BR><BR>"Umm...lets see...I have an aliance only to friends family and my home, Shastida." Ariem's face clouded, for the relm was almost new and not well known. "It is just a little north of the Shire."<BR><BR>"Anyway I've been sent her to find you and help in your quest, my Uncle is a friend of the leader of 'The Guild of Theives'. What was his name? O well, it matters not." At that moment Aloen possed and turned her head twards the door. A mist seemed to cloud her eyes and her mouth began to move, though no sound came out. Her hand went to her throat as she clasped something unseen...<i>her</i> ring of power. She spoke but her voice was not her own, it was the voice of one in a dream.<BR><BR>"Somehing was fallowing me, as I was fallowing you. From the mountains it felt evil, though an evil I've known before...many times.<BR>It is close now, but it does not seek me, it seeks you." She turned her eyes back to Ariem, her hand returned from her throat, and her voice was back to the life it had possesed before. "Have you anything outside the front door?"<BR><BR>The girl shook her head. "Then I sujest that when we, yes WE, leave it be through the kichin and around to the back."
Aloen~Elven~Half
Rider of the Mark

Postby Ellora » Sat Aug 31, 2002 6:50 pm

Sorry forget this.
Ellora
Shield Bearer

Postby Letora » Sat Aug 31, 2002 7:29 pm

(OOC: everyone who hasn't post char on OOC thread)<BR><BR>Letora looked at the mere child sitting across from her. The girl had a glint in her eye.<BR><BR>"Where do you come from child? I wish that you tell me everything about you. Hold no secrets from me I am not your enemy." Letora stared intently at Ariella. The girl looked at her in return thinking of what to tell Letora. Letora had known people to be shy<BR>around her for she was an elf. <BR><BR>Looking around the room she felt odd. Something was hapenning and no one was around that looked at all evil in any way. Suddenly her attention was drawn to a girl sitting at a table. She was not alone another girl sat with her. Then some memory came to her. It was Ariem the thief. They had met once before in Mirkwood along with three maybe even for hobbits. Why it was Ariem the friend that had been hers. She had not seen Ariem in years and yet there she sat in the corner of a pub.<BR><BR>"Excuse me a moment," Letora said to the ever thinking Ariella. Letora got up and walked toward Ariem.<BR><BR>"Ariem," she said when she finally reached her,"my dear old friend. How are you? What brings you here? Not business agian is it? What are doing now? Another assasintion? Hopefully not. I was so worn out the last time we met. Taking care of hobbits. But look at you you've grown so. And I am yet still the elf I always was. Yet now I live in Lothlorien with my relatives. I live no more in Mirkwood. Though I am here in Mirkwood. I am returning back to Lothlorien after visiting my brother. He is now king here you know."
Letora
Ranger of the North

Postby Hobbit_Twins » Sat Aug 31, 2002 7:52 pm

"Letora!" Ariem smiled up at her. "Another assasintion? No, But yet another assignment from Luthen." She made a quick gesture meaning that they were not safe to speak freely. Ariem no longer feared her elven companion but she wasn't quite sure about others at the Inn. <BR><BR>"We were just going." Ariem continued, "Oh, did I introduse you? This is Aloen. Aloen, Letora." The two traded nods. "Like I was saying, we were just going. A spies work is never done." <BR><BR>"Oh, Aloen is a fellow spy?" Letora asked,her eyes asking, 'Why are you going?' <BR><BR>"Not really." Ariem's eyes answering, 'Someone is folowing me.' "Do you want to come too?"
Hobbit_Twins
Ranger of the North

Postby Morphobia » Sun Sep 01, 2002 5:20 am

Up in her room, Buddy awoke with a start. A young mouse was scuttling across her bed, trying to rouse the sleeping girl. Seeing that Buddy had awoken, it stretched to its full height, and squeaked, <b>Arven reportin', ma'am!</b><BR><BR>Fully awake now, Buddy asked, <i>Hmmph? Arven? What are you doing here? I thought I told you tomorrow!</i> She stared on the little mouse who wore a little green smock, which glowed in the moonlight. <i>How did you get in here, anyway?</i><BR><BR><b>Ah,</b> Arven's eyes twinkled dangerously. <b>Thass fer me ter know an' fer you ter find out.</b> He twirled about on one footpaw, as he told Buddy some new news.<BR><BR><b>Did'ya hear? They're on the move. That's a start.</b> Arven's whiskers twitched nervously as he listened to Flaniar, the worn out squirrel, snoring softly on her pillow. His eyes darted to the window and back. <b>Come on ter the window. There's somethin' yer might wanna see.</b> With that, Arven scrambeled up the crutian that was flapping in the breeze, and settled on the windowsill.<BR><BR>Buddy got out of the bed carefully, so as not to awaken Flaniar. The moonlight filtering through the window illuminated her pale features as her eyes scanned the land.<BR><BR><i>I don't see anything, Arven.</i> Buddy yawned, but Arven kept his eyes intent on the landscape.<BR><BR><b>Look 'ver there, missus. Do ya see that?</b> Arven breathed in deeply, and shuddered. A cloud of dust was slowly but surely building up, and it seemed to be heading their way. <b>It's them. I betcha Alayna's gonna be real happy with this bit o' news.</b> With that, Arven turned to leave. He slipped out of the window onto the ledge.<BR><BR><i>Arven?</i> Buddy called. The mouse whirled around, and placed a paw on the glass to prevent falling off.<BR><BR><b>What now, missus?</b> Arven asked. His breath made little clouds of steam in the cold night air. <BR><BR><i>Thanks for the news.</i> Buddy rummaged about in her pack, and drew out a tiny apple, at least three times smaller than a normal apple. She tossed it at Arven, who caught it, and then stumbled about, trying not to lose his balance.<BR><BR><b>Oh, and there's another thin' ya might wanna know.</b> The mouse looked straight at Buddy, and then his gaze flickered to Flaniar. <b>That squirrel, whass his name now... Thyme. He's been houndin' me, tryin' ter find out yer whereabouts so he can get those grimy paws o' his on that pretty squirrelmaid 'ver yonder. Jus' watch out fer him.</b> With that, the little mouse was gone.<BR><BR>Buddy slid back under the covers, and slept, her mind full of the things Arven had told her. He was her faithful mouse-spy, finding things out as well as any top investigator. She slept soundly, and did not even stir when a large tawny barn owl flapped its way in and left her a little note from the boss.
Morphobia
Rider of the Mark

Postby ~*Elvish*Starlight*~ » Sun Sep 01, 2002 9:07 am

The half-wraith made her way down the small passages and halls of the inn, being sure her hood well-covered her face, all but her piercing red eyes shone from its shadows. She could track the scent easily now that she was out of the snow, and was determined to find where this person was, and take them down when they came outside. But she first had to locate the spy, of course. <BR><BR>Khartazul moved silently through the hallway, turning her head to the left and right, and determined that the human was not in one of these rooms now. The wraith turned and pushed open the wooden doors leading to the bar room. Hopefully the one she was tracking would be hee, but it would be harder to find this particular one with so many other blood scents mingled in with their own. <BR><BR>She walked through the clattered and booming room, filled with people this way and that, and blocked out all sound and people from her mind. She had picked up the scent of the human's blood, and now had only to find them. The world was a blur around her as she only focused on the direction from which the scent became stronger, trying to pick out that single one from all others. She could smell elven blood as well, somewhere close to the human, and this Khartazul did not like one bit; she despised elves, but she moved on, she was getting closer. <BR><BR>Eventualy, she could pick it up. The wraith moved silently and unseen to the back corner of the room, just beind the table which the person sat at, and waited. She could now see the person, sittig just a bit away, at this stool in front of her. This time she surely thought this was a joke. The person was only a very young girl, no more than fourteen years old. <BR><BR>Khartazul laughed softly to herself, this would be easier than she thought. But then, no, the Mordorian forces would not joke about this, not while this was happening, Mordor's comeback. They would especially never do this with Kharazul, just about the best top-rank force they could offer. There must be something to this girl that she did not yet see, somethig that made this mission worthwhile to the Master. Khartazul studied the girl carefully. <BR><BR>She was not alone. One that caught her eye especially was an elf, who was now talking to the girl, they appeared to be friends, probably meeting for the first time in a while. Khartazul shuddered slightly. She hated elves more than any creature in existence, they were always so stuck-up in themselves, so full of their 'superiority' that they did not bother to notice when a knife is shot through their back. Khartazul would not let any elf go anadaunted once she found them, she would nbot stop until they were dead, or dying. <BR><BR>This one would be no exeption. So that made two to the score, another she must deal with. But no matter, she always welcomed one more, all the more pleasure the killings would give her. She listened on now to the elf and human converse, waiting for any action between them, thinking of what the best move on them would be once they exited the inn.
~*Elvish*Starlight*~
Shield Bearer

Postby Aenarion » Sun Sep 01, 2002 10:33 am

A lone figure draped in a cloack mad his way silently towards the inn.<BR><BR> <i>A Wraith is near, it must be found. </i>thought the figure. <BR><BR>The figure entered the inn, moved trough the common room without a word to the innkeeper who stood with his back turned.<BR><BR> <BR>
Aenarion
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Letora » Sun Sep 01, 2002 12:32 pm

"Why of course I'll go with you Ariem. Though there is one thing I would like to ask. There is a young girl and a very good friend of mine saved her life recently. Well he has put her in my dept so that she will help me with my duties. One of those being to help good and old friends," Letora smiled as she said her last few words.<BR><BR>"You want her to come along don't you?" Ariem said before Letora could finish asking it.<BR><BR>"Yes I do wnat to know that."<BR><BR>"Why of course she can. Any friend of yours is a friend of mine most definitly."<BR><BR>"Thankyou Ariem. Now what have you been doing these many years. I myself have been training to be queen of my people in Lothlorien now that Galadriel is in the Gray Havens. And in about two hundred years I will be on my way there as well."<BR><BR>Letora turned around to see a knife being drawn by a cloaked figure. They were aiming for Ariem. There was no time but the present they always say so Letora ran and threw the stranger to the floor. The cloak fell from its face he or she was a half wraith.
Letora
Ranger of the North

Postby ~*Elvish*Starlight*~ » Sun Sep 01, 2002 12:47 pm

Khartazl was taken by complete surprise as she was suddenly discoered and thrown to the floor. If she had been more wary, she would have immediately swept out of the elf's grasp, or thrown her down in return. The hood of her cloak flipped up a bit as she hit the floor, and she was filled with a sudden rage. She had been revealed to all these people who were staring their direction now, though it probably did not matter, and she was attacked by an elf, the very same elf who she was planning to deal with. <BR><BR>The wraith whipped herself upward, not bothering to throw her hood back over her face, but instead grabbed the elf with her superior, inhuman strength, and dragged her swiftly toward the door. Once outside and in the cold and snow, the wraith let out a hissing rowl as she thew the elf down in the snow behind large, white rock formation, well out of view of anyone. Khartazul quickly drew out a black whip, with a silver blade at the end, and stood before the elf, ready to pull it on her the second she tried to get up or bring out a weapon. <BR><BR>"You have made probably the gravest mistake of your life, she-elf," The wraith said, slowly closing in on her, "Maybe you would have lived longer if not for your pure foolishness," Khartazul raised the whip a bit in her hand, prepared to strike.
~*Elvish*Starlight*~
Shield Bearer

Postby Aloen~Elven~Half » Sun Sep 01, 2002 4:19 pm

Aloen sighed, she was not well known by any meens. Her Uncle had done his dutty of striking her from the records of this world too well. These two apperintly knew each other, well. She guessed that they were of the same clan or guild.<BR><BR>Letora was standing talking of "former buisness" with Ariem and Aloen sat listening, unsurprised to hear that her new companion had murdered someone, or that it was for her a usual job. She knew that such things had to be done sometimes and she had done it once before; though not gladly. <BR><BR>Suddenly the Ring around her throat began to glow hot. She glanced over to the corner where she saw a shadowy figure...and glowing red eyes...Khartazl! Aloen had faced this monstosity before, Khartazl was half wraith as much as Aloen was half elf. The wraith drew a kniff and was prepaired to throw, when Letora became aware of her pressents and leaped at her. Every conversation stopped as Khartazl fell, and everyone turned to look, but recoiled when they saw the silvery face and gleeming crimson eyes of the wraith.<BR><BR>Khartazl lept up and dragged Letora out side into the snow. The terror of Mordor held a whip and as she raised it Ariem, Aloen and a girl that had been talking with were at the door. Aloen growled in a voice that was of none of the free peoples of Middle-Earth. She called to her friend, her constant shadow, Jewlyn Prince of Tigers. <BR><BR>"Jewlyn, Attack!!!!" The wraith was suddenly bowled over by an enormious white tiger, nearly crushing Letora too. This was fallowed by a bloody battle of all present. Aloen with her sward, giving comands to Jewlyn, who was doing his very best to tear her linb from limb. Ariem was holding a long kniff, and Letora was ready with another sward. Her companion held the whip and a kniff that had fallen from the pocket of the wraith, out of her reach. And noone could be sure of the turn-out of this battle. Khartazl had made a mistake in her murder attempt; there were TWO elves, not just one to deal with, and one had a Ring.
Aloen~Elven~Half
Rider of the Mark

Postby Morphobia » Sun Sep 01, 2002 6:15 pm

Buddy woke up late that morning. Peering out of the window, a splendid battle scene was building on the snow underneath. A white tiger... Two elves... And... What was that? A wraith? Buddy was on the alert now. She rushed to Alayna's room, and shook the girl awake.<BR><BR><i>Alayna! Wake up!</i> She cried. Varnia, perched in the corner, opened one eye, and ruffled her feathers.<BR><BR><u><i>Buddy. Alayna's asleep. Maybe you can explain all this ruckus?</i> </u>Varnia asked apprehensively.<BR><BR><i>A Wraith! A Wraith! There's a Wraith down in the snow!</i><BR><BR>That caught Alayna's attention. The girl snapped out of bed, and cried, <u>what?!</u> She rushed to the window. <u>I don't see any Wraith.</u> Alayna sounded disappointed.<BR><BR>Buddy ran to the window. <i>It can't be! It was there a while ago!</i> The wraith had certianly disappeared. All that was left of the battle scene was a few scraps of clothing and some blood.<BR><BR>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<BR><BR><u>Anything to report?</u> Alayna asked, as the two girls sat in the common room sipping hot cocoa. Flaniar was reclining confortably in Buddy's lap, and Varnia was perched on Alayna's shoulder, eyeing Flaniar hungrily. Buddy nodded, and lowered her voice.<BR><BR><i>Last night Arven appeared in my room. Goodness knows how a little mouse like him does this kind of things.</i> Buddy shook her head. <i>Anyway, he says they're on the move. I think they might have reached by now. You know, with that Wraith and all...</i> Buddy glanced around nervously. <i>I saw them moving with my own eyes. Arven showed me.</i><BR><BR>Alayna nodded grimly. <u>Do you have any scouts around the area?</u> She asked, and Buddy grinned.<BR><BR><i>As many as you might ever want.</i><BR><BR><u>Good. Now I want you to call out one of your owls, if you have one. I want to know what's going on over there.</u> Before Alayna could finish, Buddy was motioning for her to exit the inn. Outside, Buddy drew out a little whistle. She put it to her cold, half-frozen lips and blew. A minute later, a pair of owls, one brown and the other perfectly white, met her.<BR><BR><i>Grath,</i> Buddy said, pointing at the brown owl, <i>and Thunderbeak. This is Alayna.</i> Turning to the girl, she said, <i>Give them their orders!</i><BR><BR><u>Alright, you two. We've had news of their coming, and I want the two of you to go scouting. Grath, any news, report to me. Thunderbeak, report to Buddy. I wish you all a safe and swift journey.</u> Alayna saluted the two owls, and they cried, 'YES MA'AM!' together, in their little gravelly owl voices. With that, Alayna and Buddy re-entered the inn, where Flaniar and Varnia were waiting for them.<BR><BR><b>Brrrrr! Must be freezing out therre. I'm beginning to feel the frost already!</b> Flaniar complained.<BR><BR>Buddy looked down at the squirrelmaiden, and said, <i>Okay then, let's go get you something warm to wear!</i> As usual, the suggestion was greeted by cheers from the squirrel, and together they returned to their room.
Morphobia
Rider of the Mark

Postby Tobias_Red-tail » Sun Sep 01, 2002 6:16 pm

Alayna smiled slightly, as she noticed the going ons. A sort of bar fight was taking place, but a very dangerous one. She sat there, carefully observing it. There seemed to be two elves and a sort of wraith-looking creature involved in it. Many of her fellow patrons seemed revolted when they saw the wraith's face. Alayna hid her emotions when she saw the wraith's face, for that was another thing she was good at. At that very moment the barkeep was wringing his hands behind her, and calling out to Alayna.<BR>"Please mage, help me! The inn is all I have! Break up their fight somehow! Just don't let them destroy my inn or scare away my patrons! Please!" <BR>Alayna stretched herself, wondering if she should help him. Anyway, if she didn't, she would be breaking her oath to magic, but if she did, she might end up dead, which meant she was useless either way. <BR><BR>Caught in that dilemma for a moment, she was extremely relieved when the situation resolved itself. All three of the fighters and a few other people followed them outside. Alayna was curious as to what was going on, and she followed them outside, whistling to Varnia and drawing her sword as she did so. The glowing red blade drew many uneasy glances from the patrons, who were no doubt more used to mages carrying staffs than swords. As she made her way outside, she fervently hoped that Buddy had the common sense to stay wherever she was hidden, for the girl would probably try to join in as well, and Alayna would have a hard time throwing up shields around her.<BR><BR>She would see how the battle progressed, before she would decide who to throw up shields on, for her magic was still rather full, but for back up, she drew on her extra magic hidden in her sword, just in case she needed more magic, but didn't have enough.
Tobias_Red-tail
Ranger of the North

Postby ~*Elvish*Starlight*~ » Sun Sep 01, 2002 6:27 pm

Just as Khartazul was about to bring down the cold blow of the bladed whip, out of nowhere a great white tiger leapt upon her, kocking her into the cold snow, and loosing her grip on her whipe, which fell into the snow along with her backup knife concealed in her pocket. She rolled onto her front, and then pushed herself up as quickly as she could, but still too late. The animal struck her again, its teeth sank into her arm, and the wraith emitted a hissing growl of pain as she threw herself out of reach of the creature. She clasped her bleeding arm in her hand, then dodged yet another assault of the enormous tiger, being more on her guard this time. <BR><BR>She turned with what little time she had before the next pounce and saw the elf she had attempted to attack just before, and now with the others by her side, their weapons out and aimed at the wraith. She first noticed the one standing to the left of the others, her bow drawn with an arrow, and seeming to be the one directing the tiger to attack Khartazul. The wraith immediately flashed an image back in her mind of the precise familiarity of this elf.<BR><BR>"Aloen!" Khrtazul hissed through her breath, still clutching her wounded arm. "What-" <BR><BR>but before she could make a single remark, the tiger one again threw itself upon her, crushing her with its weight as it rebounded for another pounce. Khartazul swiftly leapt out of the way, and reached for her whip, but then remembering she had none; it was lost in the snow. She turned back to look for it, but found that both it and her blade were in the hands of the elves, and the human whom she was tracking. <BR><BR>Turning to her last possible resource, the wraith reached into the back pocket of her cloak, and drew out a slender, black painted metal and wooden crossbow. She knew it was a longshot, and she had only three arrows left now from her last assault, but there seemed to be no other choice. She drew the arrow up to it, took careful aim, and let loose just as the tiger was about to turn back for another attack. The creature's aglity evaded the shot, but it still was thrown off its balance and missed Khartazul. The wraith quickly drew another arrow and shot at it again. The tiger gave a howl of pain as the sharp thing pierced its hind leg. <BR><BR>Khartazul was about to draw her last arow to its heart before it could recover, but just as she did so she was knocked to the ground once again by the elf, who had a blade drawn and lunged at the wraith with it. Khartazul quickly threw her off and began to run, toward a rock she might be able to get behind, anything for shelter while she regained herself. <BR><BR>But less than halfway there Aloen's swift elven archer skills got the best of her and Khartazul crumpled to the ground with an arrow in her back. She fell face-first into the white ground and lay there, unable to pick herself up. Her ears boomed in her head ith the pulse of her racing heart, her mind was dizzy, the pain seared through her body. "This might be it," she thought to herself, "I never thought I would fall like this..." The snow was stained red around where she lay, she was suddenly struck with many mixed feeling at once. She never thoght she would fall before, not to these young elven fools. It was pointless in trying to get up. <BR><BR>Even if she survived this, her reputation would be ruined, there would be no point. The wraith now lied in the cold frost, her eyes gleaming coldly as she stared blankly off into the white, barren land. She waited for the others to come up to her, to deliver the final blow. She never expected this. She never expected <i>Aloen</i>...
~*Elvish*Starlight*~
Shield Bearer

Postby Tobias_Red-tail » Sun Sep 01, 2002 6:42 pm

Alayna cringed as the wraith went down. She would NOT let the wraith be killed. Throwing out a shield of magic strong enough to block most blows around the wraith, and no doubt throwing one around herself as well, she ran into the fray. Her sword blade flashed like a bed of hot coals, and she would not hurt any of them unless necessary. She had learned once that no one was completely evil, and she was sure the same went for the wraith. She sat down on the snow beside the wraith, and felt deep into her powers for some trace of healing. It was true that she could barely heal, but she could try. As she focused on the arrow in the wraith's back, trying to tell if it was poisoned and how deep it went, she channeled some calming thoughts to the wraith.<BR><BR>She felt the arrow, and focusing all her strength and magic on healing, she first yanked out the arrow, ignoring the protest form the wraith, and then used magic to completely heal the wound. Or partly, anyway. The worst of it had already been healed, and all that remained was a slight wound, probably superficial. Ignoring the extremely irritated looks from the other two elves, she helped the wraith up and made herself disappear from sight.
Tobias_Red-tail
Ranger of the North

Postby Echo_Starlite » Sun Sep 01, 2002 7:22 pm

He watched from the woods, but did not move. Did not hint at compassion or shock, or even smile, if such a thing was conceivable. But he stood by and stared, his black, cold eyes catching the light reflected off the snow-covered ground. Snow stained with blood.<BR>At his feet sat a wolf, the fur on the back of its neck ruffled. It whined as the wraith stood once more, almost fully healed, and he threw it a condescending look. Mikkou. Be he wolf, troll, goblin, or any other shape he could wish to achieve, his heart was soft.<BR><BR>"Do not pity them, Mikkou." he commanded softly.<BR><BR><i>"It is not pity,"</i> Mikkou lied, <i>"but regret. Why must you stand idle while others strain to do things you could so easily accomplish?"</i><BR><BR>He was silent for a moment, his eyes fixed on the scene before him, letting Mikkou's words sink in. <BR><BR>"It is not my place to interfere," he said quietly, letting his words die as they passed his lips. Hollow and emotionless. A reflection of himself.
Echo_Starlite
Ranger of the North

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)