The Joruney From Minas Tirith (ooc)

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Sat Sep 14, 2002 5:29 pm

hi its my first rp so help me out a little here ok! the basic story is after the battle on Amon Hen the fellowships boats were destroyed so there is no choice to go the direct route. The fellowship decides to head to Minas Tirith. (note in this version Boromir fell but Merry+Pippin werent captured. The story begins with the fellowship setting out from Amon Hen (i'll need some ideas to get Gandalf the white in this story and maybe fall of Isengard)<BR>Characters<BR>Legolas<BR>Gimili<BR>Frodo<BR>Merry<BR>Pippin<BR>Aragorn<BR>Sam<BR>Gandalf<BR>(note merry=pippin not essential but others are)<BR>and what ever characters you make up!<BR>my character:<BR>Name:ummm need some help here<BR>Race:Man (Gondor)<BR>Description: About 6'3 black hair goatee green eyes <BR>background:an elite swordsman of the white tower,protecter of the stewards assigned to help the fellowship by Faramir<BR><BR><BR>Have fun come if you are interested
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Sun Sep 15, 2002 1:38 pm

bump
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby Lana » Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:15 pm

Lana relaxed on a branch of a large oak tree. The warm sun warmed her body. There were few clouds in the sky. She closed her eyes breifly, breathing in the fresh scent of pine. She watched over a large group of mixed races examine the remaines of thier boats. She had been following them for some time. This group filled her with curiosity. One of them had fallen in a fight. She had itched to help but the idea of them not wanting help from a rogue elf was discouraging. She had been through alot of trouble before. She was cast out of her villaige ofter being wipped and accused of having the devils inside for she had an unusual power to communicate with wolfs and eagles. She sighed and took a piece of parchment out of her pocket and began to write on it hurriedly. Anticipation filled her as she scribbled a short note. <BR><BR><i>I see your boats are damaged. I am sorry for your loss. If you are in need of some help i would be glad to lend you a hand. If you dont then rip up this piece of parchment as thrpw it into the wind, and you wont hear of me again. </i> <BR><BR>She fixed this onto an arrow and shot it down infront of the group. She smile as she watched them open up the letter and look around confused. She oushed her dark, aburn streaked hair away from her face and smiled. Suddenly her smile faded. What if they reject a rogue? She worried about this for a moment but pushed it aside. Attaching her bow to her back she jumped down from her tree and landed silently on the leaves below. She had her hidden throwing daggers close to hand just incase they decided they didn't want any more help. She held her breath and waited.
Lana
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Lana » Sat Sep 21, 2002 12:29 pm

bump
Lana
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Sat Sep 21, 2002 6:13 pm

"This note says they know of our loss" says Legolas as he looks at the boats in dismay. No one seems to be paying atttention as they seem to be focused on what to do with Boromir's body and where Frodo and Sam went off to. "whats that" says Pippin to Legolas."there is a note here it says someone is here to help us".Aragorn catches on to the conversation "destroy it Sauruman could of sent it". Suddenly Legolas sees a slight stiring in the bushes down the slope. "I'll go check it out" says Aragorn. Then a Elf comes out of the bush "You have taken my offer she says".<BR><BR><BR>(off in Minas Tirith)<BR>"The horn is blowing" says Denethor as he looks out the window of the tower. "The fellowship must be nearing" "no" says a sturdy looking man standing near the doorway "it could of came from Amon Hen or somewere in the mountains" "My loyal Knight Zerathor ride out to Amon Hen and see if you are correct about the fellowship, if the powerful Boromir was in danger they all must've been". "Yes Sir i will ride out and administer any support i can in Boromirs protection". "Good" says Denethor the tower armorer will equip you, swords are scarce for we need them to fight Sauron's assault that ccould come at any time, all that time i had you practicing with the Halberd will be usefull you will recive a fine Polearm the strongest we could craft, go now Gondor needs you!" "yes my Steward any sacrifce to service the white city!"
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Sat Sep 21, 2002 6:14 pm

ooops double post
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby Lana » Sun Sep 22, 2002 2:00 am

<i>Lana walked closer to the group. Her heart pounding in her chest. she gulped and said </i><BR><BR>Vedui, strangers. I am Lana, I have been studying you for a while now. I am pleased that you have accepted my offer for I believe that I will be of great help to you. <BR><BR><i> Lana dipped her head in a polite bow. She smiled at Legolas for she recognised his from somewhere... She waited a while and then let out a high pitched whistle. A small wolf with flecks of red in his tail came bounding out of the bushes. A giant golden eagle swooped down and landed daintily on the ground infront of Lana.</i><BR><BR>-So you decided to join with them- <i>Tobias, Lana's eagle said speaking mind to mind.<BR>Lana nodded slightly and smiled as she saw the group were looking rather afraid at the sight of her companions. </i><BR><BR>Dont worry, they wont bite! <i> Lana said with a smile. She bent down and stroked Fell.</i><BR><BR>Now, would someone like to explain to me where we are going?
Lana
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Sun Sep 22, 2002 7:16 am

They group looked at the elf with skeptical looks on there faces. "Who are you and who do you serve" said Legolas "my name is Legolas Greenleaf son of Thranduil King of Mirkwood" "We are stuck about were to go now but the easiest path to help would be to go to Minas Tirith" said Aragorn."i may be able to rally support there.
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby Lana » Sun Sep 22, 2002 11:12 am

<i> Lana looked up at the group now and was silent for a moment thinking of the right answer. </i><BR><BR>Well, I am known as Lana...I have no idea who I'm daughter to, because I was...anyway I dont belong to or serve anyone. <BR><BR><i> She felt a pang of anger swamp her. She swallowed and looked down at the group. Her eyes were wet. She pretended to be busy with Fell. Once she had her emotions under control she looked back at the group and wondeed why they had remained silent.</i> <BR><BR>I know the land around herre pretty well so if you would like to follow me I would be glad to show you the easiest path to Minas Tirith...
Lana
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Sun Sep 22, 2002 2:21 pm

ooc (were gonna need more people for this to work if people dont show join the second ring Lana its a fun rp)
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby Silhouette_uk » Mon Sep 23, 2002 11:45 am

<i>Silhouette was riding side-saddle on her 16hh black mare who just happened to be a warhorse called Midnight Hour. Sil was wearing black and grey robes and was one of the most powerful sorceress in ME, and happend to be related to Gandelf, she had dark brown eyes with a small flame burning in them and her elbow length hair was braided with grey beads on the ends. She was cantering along the hill above the group Larka her white haired she-wolf running beside her, she stopped and looked down at them. Tobias, she knew that magnificent animal anywhere, that meant Lana was nearby. But how to get her attention, Sil made Midnight Hour rear and the Warhorse's front legs pawed the air and let out a shrill whinny and Larka flung her head up and let out a howl.</i>
Silhouette_uk
Shield Bearer

Postby Lana » Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:45 am

<i> Lana swumg round. She roecognised that call. SIL! She thought excitedly. Excusing herself from the group she turned to whistle to Fell but he was already half way up the hill where Sil was waiting on her rearing horse. Excitement pulsed through the wolf's veins. He howled back in Larka's reply. He hadn't seen her since they were mere pups. They had belonged to Serra's pack when he chose Lana for his campanion. <BR>Lana smiled as she raced up the open strech of land towards her friend. Happyness filled her body making her feel like she was bursting. Sil had helped her through those long and lonely nights when she was abandoned. Sil had saved her from the darkness. She would never forget that night. By the time she had reached the top of the hill, Fell and Larka were butting eachothersmuzzles affectionatly and Midnight Hour had stopped rearing. Sil stepped down for the saddle and embraced Lana. <BR>Lana couldn't stop smiling.</i><BR><BR>Where had you been? <i> Lana asked. </i><BR><BR>Around <i> Was Sil's reply. <BR><BR>Lana gave Sil a amused look before saying </i><BR><BR>I have been following this pack. They are making their way up to Minas Tirith and i thought i would go with them. Why have you come? Is something wrong with Phyrexian or Drake or something? <BR><BR><i> Lana mentioned other friends and Sils brother. Sil said nothing she just smiled and looked down and Larka and Fell. </i><BR>
Lana
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Silhouette_uk » Tue Sep 24, 2002 10:47 am

The others are fine, I came to see how you were getting on. As I haven't seen you in ages.<BR><BR><i>Sil looked right in Lana's eyes and said</i><BR><BR>I mean it how are you?<BR><BR><i>There was something about Silhouette's gaze that meant Lana had to tell the truth. It was important, it was true a new weight had come upon Sil, and what if it was true? If the vision that had made her find out as much information as possible on the subject.</i>
Silhouette_uk
Shield Bearer

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Tue Sep 24, 2002 5:19 pm

"another one" said Merry surprised as he hadn't seen an elf besides Legolas since the left Lothlorien. Interupting the two elfs long greeting Aragorn said "i am the heir to the throne of Gondor, since i am the blood of Numenor i have been wandering here for many years, but alas i only dimly recall how to get to the white city from here". "we chased off most of the Uruk-Hai for now says Legolas it may be safe to camp here tonight think up our plans and heal our wounds". "yes said Aragorn we leave at daybreak"
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby Lana » Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:42 am

<i> Lana agreed and started to set up camp and beconed Sil to do the same. Oce the others were out of earshot she resumed her conversation with Silhouette.She gave her a funny look as Fell rushed over and rolled in her bedroll crumpling it up again. </i><BR><BR>I have been fine... <BR><BR><i> lana trailed off and Sil knew something was up. She looked straigh into Lana's eyes and said </i><BR><BR>What's happened? <BR><BR><i> Lana said nothing and busied herself collecting wood and trying to light it. With a flick of Sil's wristthe fire was alight. She sat down next to Lana. Larka climbed into Sil's lap, Fell in Lana's. </i><BR><BR>You went back again dodn't you? <BR><i> Sil asked with worry in her eyes. Staring into the fire, Lana nodded.</i><BR><BR>Let's see the damage then!<BR><BR><i> Lana sighed and lifted her top just before her breasts. Dozens of long lashes decorated her body. Scarrs were scattered around her back and stomach. Huge red welts were around her wrists and ankles. Lana winced as Sil ran a cold finger over the worst of them. A cool rush flooded her body making the pain and aches from the whipping ceases nearly altogether.</i><BR><BR>I don't know why you keep going back! <BR><i> Sil said rather harshly. Lana gave her a hurt look and put her shirt back on.</i><BR><BR>I feel I have to... You know I do! <i> Lana turned her back on Sil and curled up in her bedroll.</i><BR><BR>Lana ran as fast as her feet would take her. Sweat poured from her face down her ripped clothes. She screamed as an arrow embedded itself in her left shoudler. Adrenaline pulsed through her body with every heart beat. Pain raced through her body. She glanced back at the group of men chasing her. Some were armed with bows, other torches. She could pick out their faces, twisted with the bitter hand of hate. She turn back round and ran on deeper into the silent woods. She scanned the undergrowth and bushes for any where she could hide. suddenly she was in the air and flying towards the ground. pain speared at her ankle. She whimpered as she tried to stand up but couldn't. She watched as the men advanced on her and shoved a dirty bag over her head half suffocating her. She was then dragged back through the woods to the nearby village. The pain was so intense Lana blacked out. <BR>When she came around she was tied to a post and th villiage crowed around watching her. A priest was standing nearby and was chanting something from his holy book. A huge man walked forwards. In his left hand he held a long strip of thick leather. <BR><b><i> With this whip, we will finally rid this village of the devil girl! </b></i> <BR>Lana craned her head around to see the man she knew so well now, raise his hand and... <BR><BR><i> Lana looked up startled. She was sitting on the grass by the side of the fire. Sil was next to her with a worried look on her face. Fell was curled up by lana licking her shaking hand. </i><BR><BR>
Lana
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Silhouette_uk » Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:27 am

Hush child, here...<BR><BR><i>Sil placed a finger on each of Lana's temples and took away the pain, another burden. Just as she had taken the pain from her cuts Sil now felt the pain, she now had the pain of the memories as well.</i><BR><BR>I walked through that village and they were fuming that you had got away, you mustn't go back! At least not without magical protection, otherwise next time they'll just pile you with arrows. This time you maust listen to me! I mean it! No going back!<BR><BR><i>The fire roaring ferociously(sp?) made Lana say...</i>
Silhouette_uk
Shield Bearer

Postby Lana » Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:45 am

<i> Lana rocked back and fourth. She was shivering as she watched the fire roar at her. </i><BR><BR>I-im not bad...I never did nothing bad...I just wanted to see him... <BR><BR><i> Lana let the tears run down her face. She didn't care who saw. Tomorrow she would go to minias tirith with the group she had been following and she would forget about him...She would never return and see him again... She sniffed and burried her face in Fell's warm furr. <BR>Sil watched as Lana shook and knew she wouldn't return, not for the moment. It was for her own good she told herself.<BR>The last few times she went, she didn't even get past the ale house before they saw who it was and began hounding her.It wasn't even like he wanted to see her! After he convinced them that she had the devils inside they had made her life hell and it broke her heart... </i>
Lana
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Sat Sep 28, 2002 11:17 am

Legolas shot the arrow at the deer and hit it right in the heart. "Nice shot" said Aragorn as they both picked it up, "this should last us until we get to Minas Tirith". They brought the carcass over to Sam and the began preparing it to cook. Merry and Pippin were gettting water from the river. The deer was cut into good size pieces and put on a spit over the fire. Merry and Pippin returned with the water and proceded to start there own fire to boil it. "i'll go see if i can find some Athelas" said Aragorn as he walked off into the forest, "i'll go look for the other two" said Legolas as he walked off. "Gimili" said Aragorn "watch them while we're gone".
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby VioletEyesofDianthelle » Sat Sep 28, 2002 1:55 pm

A half-hour had passed, and the two had returned, now sitting by the fire. Legolas suddenly looked up, his sensitive ears straining, listening to something far off in the distance. It sounded like footsteps, but was so far away he could not tell what it was. "There is someone heading this way!" He shouts, but his judgement had been off. He now sees a gleam of silver in the dim light of the shadows in the forest, and then in another minute she emerges. Her flaxen hair downs her back and is very wavy, and her violet eyes dart from side to side at the others, whose weapons are drawn. She then sees Aragorn, and grovels so low her face nearly touches the ground. "Milord." She says, and stays in her position. "Hail Aara!" Aragorn says suddenly, sheathing his sword. "Stand up! 'Tis been so long since I have beheld you! How fares Dianthelle the Princess of Fraldien?" She lowers her purple eyes and clasps her hands. "Not well, I am afraid. I've been hunting in these parts with my father-and-and..." Tears spill down her tanned cheeks, her lower lip trembling. "Fernemire..." Aragorn tests. "Is dead!" She nearly shouts. "There are Orcs. We did not know, it was night fall, and..." She wipes the tears off her cheeks. "We came to search for you! I was told to seek you out, to tell you that he was no more. I was at the Council. I apologize for not telling you sooner." She says, and studies the Fellowship. "How fare you all?" She asks. "Where is Boromir?" There is a dead silence. "He is no more." Aragorn says softly, one arm on her shoulder. "He has fallen." Aara bites her lower lip and looks down. "Am I cursed? Do all I care about fall to shadow?" It seems her heart is breaking through the tears falling down her cheeks. "Alas then Strider, I have no place to go." She chokes. "Sit down then. Warm yourself by the fire, Dianthelle, and you can go to Minas Tirith with us. You are still a Ranger, therefore you still can travel by my side." The shattered princess nods, bows her head and gazes off into the flames. "So then Princess," legolas begins, but she holds up one arm from the folds of her black cloak to silence him. "Call me Dianthelle. I care not for my status." Hesitantly he begins to speak again.
VioletEyesofDianthelle
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Sat Sep 28, 2002 4:31 pm

Merry and Pippin look at the newcomer "there's more people out here then i thought" whispered Pippin to Merry. The sun was setting and it was growing chilly on the hill. "get some rest" said Aragorn to the others and they unrolled skins, blankets etc, and prepared to sleep. "i'll watch first" said Sam "im worried about Frodo being alone i wont be able to sleep". I sense that Frodo will see us well before he gets to Mordor" said Legolas." "thats right" said Aragorn he couldn't cross the lake will may see him tommorow. "i hope he finds someone that will help him" "im sure he will" said Aragorn <BR>"human scouts come out near here often he might bump into one". "i hope so" said Sam. And with that they promptly dropped into sleep, besides for Sam who sat staring into the darkness near the faiding fire.<BR><BR><i>Off near the slopes of Amon Hen</i><BR><BR>Zenethor was riding all afternoon towards Amon Hen and was growing weary, his horse more weary. <i>firewood is scarce here</i> thought Zenethor i'll have to do without one. Then he noticed a fire off in the distance, maybe one mile away. He dismounted and started walking towards the fire. When he got there he said "hail anyone here"<BR><BR>"who are you" said the faint voice<BR>"i am Zenethor guradian of Gondor" he answered<BR>"i am frodo baggins of the shire, pleased to meet you. <i>what is a hobbit doing out here alone</i> he thought. Then it hit him this was the ringbearer. "why are you seperated from the fellowship" he asked. Frodo was a bit startled by the question but answered without thinking "Boromir tried to take the ring, but lost his life i fear protecting me while i fled" "why'ed you flee" Zenethor asked "Galadriel told me i must do this alone" "Nonsense" he said "doing this alone is immposible". "i will camp here with you tonight" then in the morning we will look for the fellowship, i must find out Boromir's conditon".
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby Adramir081 » Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:42 pm

Adramir walked slowly, winding through the dense trees, letting the moonlight shine down on her face. She loved the night, though there was no sight like looking down upon the fair vally that was her home. In the distance she could hear the soft murmur of voices, one was quite a bit lower than the others. She jumped into the nearest tree and peered out over the horizion, seeing clearly a fire a little more than a mile to the east.<BR><BR>She approached slowly, listining to hear anything of importance. There was talk to much of the going ons of Minas Tirith and of travels from far off. She herself would not normally be this far east, ot south for that matter, but she was sent to bear messages from her Lord. She roamed mostly west of the Misty Mountians, sometimes heading east to travel to Mirkwood or Lorien.<BR><BR>The talking ceased for a moment, but continued on as she approached closer. Zenethor looked in the trees aroung their camp, he could have sworn that he felt something approach. Adramir now was little more than ten feet, staring out at the three...
Adramir081
Shield Bearer

Postby Swordsman_Of_The_Tower » Sat Oct 05, 2002 8:43 am

Zenethor drew his dagger and held it ready "who is there" he shouted. Frodo was back in the camp asleep. Zenethor wary as he was could not sleep. He then waited for an answer, but he was still extremly cautios of anyone out at night in these parts
Swordsman_Of_The_Tower
Ranger of the North

Postby Adramir081 » Sat Oct 05, 2002 9:18 am

"A Friend," she shouted so the man could hear her. She stepped out from behind the trees so she was clearly in sight. The mans expression was that of suprise, he obviously did not expect a women in these parts this late at night.
Adramir081
Shield Bearer

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)