A debt to be paid... (People needed!!!!!)

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Ráca » Sat Oct 12, 2002 8:53 am

<i>Ráca carefully picked her way down the track, understanding that she was now in the realm of Imladris. She had undoubtedly already been seen, but that didn't bother her - they knew she was an Elf, a Rivendell Elf, so they let her be.<BR><BR>Reaching the large complex of buildings that constructed the Last Homely House, she absent-mindedly checked her weapons - all there. It was a force of habit, really, to check the 'tools of her trade' before entering a building she hadn't been in for a while. It amused her, normally - they treatment she recieved when she was here. They respected her, all right, but the respect was that of fear - they feared her, more than anything.<BR><BR>Truth be told, she was quite an ominous figure, really. She was tall, willowy, but also rippled with muscle. She permanently wore dark colours - black normally, since it matched almost everything about her. On this occasion, she wore a simple black pair of trousers, and a black, long-sleeved shirt, covered with a long, mottled-green cloak for chamoflage. The winter weather was beginning to have a bite, and warmth was absolutely necessary if you spent nearly all of you time outdoors.<BR><BR>Reaching a pool, she paused by it to survey her reflection. Raven-black curls down to the bottom of her shoulder blades framed a pale face, with black, arched eyebrows, and lips that were shaped into an irritated frown. Her eyes shone in the dim, winter evening sunlight, and their colour almost matched her hair - they were coal-black, and mysteriously full of depth... though Ráca would disagree with any who described them like that - she had plenty of things to hide, to be sure. <BR><BR>What not many realised, was that Ráca was as dangerous as she was pretty - the darkness of her features matched her attitude, her mind - and her secrets.<BR><BR>She entered the gates, and walked carefully and silently into the 'common room'. There had been no fuss so far, but you could never tell... then someone took her by the shoulders, drawing her into the shadows. She whirled immediately, grabbing the offending hand and deftly slamming it hard into the nearest wall. Her instincts took over, making her instantly react. The person who had accosted her bit back a curse as she placed her hand on his jugular, and muttered quietly,</i><BR><BR>"There's no need to be violent, you know."<BR>"<b>Lokrarhim</b>?"<BR>"Of course - I <u>did</u> say I would be here."<BR><BR><i>The figure looked at her, and she recognised the features immediately - her one and only close friend, Lokrarhim. She had met him several years ago, and they had remained in touch ever since - he was a bit like a substitute father, for her. He was a great deal older than her, even for an Elf, and knew the sons of Elrond - Elledan and Elrohir - well. Ráca was timid of meeting them - she knew what they would assume, and they would be right - that was why she had always resisted him even suggesting it.<BR><BR>He looked her up and down, and frowned, she raised an eyebrow, hardly wanting to know what was coming next. He recognised the look in turn, and smiled mischeviously. Now, <b>that</b> worried her. The only time he smiled like that was when he wanted money, or...</i><BR><BR>"I have an idea."<BR><i>Ráca bit back a laugh, and offered him a wry smile in it's place. She knew that he was going to say that... Her mind instinctively wondered what he was going to say next - but her sense would have rathered that it threw itself off a cliff.<BR><BR>Her mind won.</i><BR><BR>"What idea?"<BR>"Well... you owe me, don't you?"<BR>"...For what?"<BR>"Elrond wanted to see you, last time, to be introduced - and I said you were 'out'. Now YOU owe me something. I believe you said that at the time. I'll quote it, if you wish..."<BR>"No." <i>Ráca replied, raising a hand.</i> "You don't need to quote. What do you want me to do?"<BR>"Put up with something for a few weeks."<BR>"Put up with... what?" <i>She replied, getting suspicious now. Even her mind wasn't so sure it wanted to know...</i><BR><BR>"I'm going to turn you into a lady, to see whether you would pass off as one with Elrond and the travellers that come to Rivendell."<BR><BR><i>Ráca's comment after that was so rude and so loud that several Elves crossing the hallway at that moment looked across the room in several direction, trying to root out the source of the obscenities. <BR><BR>Lokrarhim laughed, and took her by the hand, leading her up a set of stairs. Ráca squirmed, and tried her best to either get out of his grip, or the debt - but she could escape from neither.</i><BR><BR>"Look, Lokrarhim - I'm a Mercenary. A 'hitElf' - a hired and skilled killer and thief. Even if I wanted to, do you think that I could..."<BR>"You could - even if you didn't want to." <i>He replied with a grin. They reached the top room, and Lokrarhim introduced her to another female Elf.</i><BR><BR>"Ráca, this is Fingrahn. She'll... er... show you what to wear."<BR>"I can't believe you're doing this to me... if you weren't my friend..."<BR>"If I weren't your friend, you would have jumped out the window by now, I know. But go on, Ráca - let me have my fun, hmm?" <i>He shut the door then, leaving her with the woman. <BR><BR>What <b>had</b> she let herself in for?</i>
Ráca
Rider of the Mark

Postby Ráca » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:06 am

<i> Fingrahn looked at Ráca carefully, then said,</i><BR><BR>“Ráca – an unusual name… I have yet to meet another given a name like that.”<BR>“I know… though it isn’t a problem with those that don’t speak Elvish.”<BR>“But ‘Wolf’ – it indicates quite a bit about you, you know.”<BR>“Hmmm.”<i> Ráca muttered noncommittally, looking away. </i><BR><BR><i> Fingrahn looked at her for another moment, and retreated into the back of the room, into a room that could have been mistaken for a large, square cupboard. </i><BR><BR>“I don’t usually get asked to find and adjust things especially.” <i>She said, her Elven tones muffled by the expanse of material Ráca could see was stored in the room. So… Lokrarhim had pre-ordered this, <b>just</b> to prove she couldn’t do it…<BR><BR>She was going to prove him right, she decided.<BR><BR>A minute or two later, Fingrahn re-appeared with an expanse of blood-red fabric in her hands. She offered a piece to Ráca, and she felt the material carefully. It wasn’t exactly the colour he would choose, but still – the material itself felt smooth and comfortable. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad…<BR></i><BR><BR>“You like it?” <i>The Elven seamstress asked, and Ráca nodded, a nervous smile on her lips, her eyes confirming the same emotion. Fingrahn smiled encouragingly, and then asked her to stand while she took measurements. <BR><BR>They themselves seemed to take ages, and when Fingrahn was finally finished she said, smiling, </i> “Give me and my apprentices a few hours, and then come back – it’ll be ready before dinner.”<BR>“Isn’t that overworking?”<BR>“No – they need the practice, and it’ll do them good!”<BR><BR><i> Ráca thanked her, and went downstairs to find Lokrarhim waiting. She scowled at him, and turned to walk away – he walked beside her, heading back outside.</i><BR><BR>“How much is the bet for, and how many people are involved?” <i>She asked finally, not looking at him, her dark eyes fixed on the ground ahead.</i><BR>“There are six people involved – and if I won, I could feed and clothe both of us for several long months.”<BR><i> Ráca cursed – he had that much money riding on her success?</i><BR>“Who placed a bet, apart from you?”<BR>“Your ‘acquaintances’ – Johin, Corand, Piladan… Kilharad and Halmiv. Incidentally, they all bet that you wouldn’t be able to do it… I didn’t actually bet that much – though I must confess that I did goad them into putting their money where their mouth was.”<BR><BR><i> Ráca laughed despite herself, and they sat down on the crest of a hill so they could talk. She left the conversation about the bet there, and they talked until the sun went down completely. They spoke about what had happened while Ráca had been in Gondor, and while Lokrarhim had been in Dol Amroth. They spoke about old times, and finally about where they were to go next. Lokrarhim wanted to travel to Lóthlorien, but Ráca wasn’t sure where she wanted to go – wherever business was best, she supposed.<BR><BR>The Sun had gone down completely when Lokrarhim elbowed her gently and teased here with the words, </i> “Time to see how your new personality is coming on.”<BR><i> Ráca grimaced, and walked with him back to the halls, and she walked back up to the quarters of the Seamstress. She knocked on the door carefully, nervousness and a very bad feeling wracking her mind and body. She didn’t like that feeling at all – it was telling her that this would get her into a whole heap of trouble.<BR><BR>The door was opened a moment later, and Fingrahn smiled at Ráca as she presented the clothing that had been made. Ráca thanked her, and gave her the money owed for the garment – then Fingrahn suggested she come in and try it on. Ráca grudgingly did as she was asked, changing while the Seamstress waited outside. She slipped the fabric over her head, realising it was a dress – like robe, with long, bell sleeves and material that stretched to the floor. Embroidered on the front was a pattern of vines in a darker red. It hugged her figure perfectly; enhancing her curves and making her look very feminine indeed. Fingrahn walked in after she was changed, and grinned.</i><BR><BR><i>I must say you look far more like an Elfess now, <b>m’lady</b>.”<i> She said, making a mock curtsey. Ráca laughed, and Fingrahn moved over to her side. </i><BR>“Your male friend wanted you to look like a real lady – so there are a few things to be done yet, in time for the meeting after you’ve eaten.”<BR>“He’s introducing me TODAY?” <i>Ráca cried, shocked to the core. </i><BR>“Yes – I’m afraid he is…”<BR><BR><i>Fingrahn tied a section of her hair back carefully, braided it, and let the rest hang loose, the curls cascading around her shoulders. <BR><BR>Ráca couldn’t believe this was happening… he was going to introduce her <b>tonight</b>? As what - his daughter?<BR><BR>Finished, Fingrahn smiled brightly and encouragingly at Ráca, and said that she looked wonderful. Ráca made a face, but travelled down the stairs anyway, heart thumping. Lokrarhim met her at the bottom, and a spasm of shock passed his face as he saw her dressed as a lady - but the expression passed, and he grinned, offering her his arm. She took it, and he led her into the room where everyone had flocked to, to eat and talk – she looked like a very ‘noble’ Elfess, indeed.<BR><BR>She still had a bad feeling about it…<BR>
Ráca
Rider of the Mark

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)