My love thou shall be avenged

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Letora » Thu Nov 21, 2002 8:00 pm

Letora pulled Carna to a halt and reared in front of the wooden gates. She breathed some what heavily as she stared into the darkness. The mountains towered behind in the distance. Gloom circled around them and there was a fear creeping over the land. <BR><BR>Bree was a small town of men that consisted of some of the most horrifying of man kind. Letora, being and elf, was not to fond of men for the only men she'd ever known had tried to kill her. She rode up to the gates and rapped three times upon the rotting wood. A tall gangly man pulled open the gates and let her pass through.<BR><BR>Letora rode almost to the edge of the town until seh reached and old rickety building that held some sort of secret just in its appearance. Carna seemed afraid but still she seemed to know the territory as if Letora had brought her there before. Not much of the building had survived these many years. It looked as if it had gone through a terrible fire. On the side of the building was a door that was almost wedged into the wall.<BR><BR>The elven lady pulled her hood from her head and leapt from her horse. She tied Carna to a tree standing nearby and walked toward the door. Slowly she pushed the door open and stepped inside. No one appeared to be there at first glance but when studied anyone could have sworn that there was a light on in one of the upstairs rooms. She continued to make her way up the stairs. Finally she reached the room at the top of the stairs. <BR><BR>If you were one of those people who just swore that there was someone in the room then I do hope you didn't bet money. <BR><BR>Letora sat down upon the bed that was in front of the fireplace. She rested her head upon the pillow and sleep captured her.
Letora
Ranger of the North

Postby Letora » Tue Nov 26, 2002 8:40 pm

The next morning Letora awoke bright and early. She looked around the room and she looked at where the sunlight poured through a crack in the wall. Since her fire had gone out that one stream of light was her only light source. She climbed off the wooden bed and made her way down the ever creeking stairs. <BR><BR>Letora walked over toward Carna and untide her from the post. She climbed on Carna and made her way to the Prancing Pony.
Letora
Ranger of the North

Postby LovelyElvenArcher » Wed Nov 27, 2002 8:07 am

Laurel stepped down from Klina, her horse, as she walked into the prancing pony. She opens the door, and the former muffled talking rises to a roar. She sees another elf sitting at a table, and goes over to her. "Merry Meet, and what might your name be?" The Elf replies, "Letora" and they converse.<BR><BR>"What brings you to this part of Middle Earth?" asks Laurel as she has a drink of water.<BR>
LovelyElvenArcher
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Letora » Wed Nov 27, 2002 8:06 pm

(OOC: Haven't you ever heard of an OOC thread? Well see me at mine. And you better write longer and more descriptive and better overall or you are not going to be on the RP thread. Now please edit the post so that it says that you didn't mean to post yet and we'll talk in my OOC thread. Thankyou and happy Thanksgiving if you are American.)
Letora
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady_Force » Wed Nov 27, 2002 8:53 pm

Mean wile, Dieannel was riding tord town on her white horse with blue eyes,Solanna. Her black and whit striped cat, Kartera, who also had blue eyes, sat on her pedasule infront of Dia. Dieannel sat tall in the saddle, her long blonide hair floting in the breeze. She scaned the land about her with her bright sea green eyes. Soon she would reace Bree and take a reast at the Pracing Pony. maybe she'd find company. Kar, who was lissoning in on her thoughts said suddenly <BR> "You mean, I'm not enogh company for you?!" Dia smilled at the cat <BR> "Of cores you are, love. I just need some... other company. you have to admite. You, me, and Solanna as company can get quite boring after a wile." The cat nodded her head and the three progresed in silence.
Lady_Force
Shield Bearer

Postby Lady_Force » Wed Nov 27, 2002 8:54 pm

Mean wile, Dieannel was riding tord town on her white horse with blue eyes,Solanna. Her black and whit striped cat, Kartera, who also had blue eyes, sat on her pedasule infront of Dia. Dieannel sat tall in the saddle, her long blonide hair floting in the breeze. She scaned the land about her with her bright sea green eyes. Soon she would reace Bree and take a reast at the Pracing Pony. maybe she'd find company. Kar, who was lissoning in on her thoughts said suddenly <BR> "You mean, I'm not enogh company for you?!" Dia smilled at the cat <BR> "Of cores you are, love. I just need some... other company. you have to admite. You, me, and Solanna as company can get quite boring after a wile." The cat nodded her head and the three progresed in silence.
Lady_Force
Shield Bearer

Lady_Force
Shield Bearer

Lady_Force
Shield Bearer

Postby GollumsTorment863 » Thu Nov 28, 2002 7:09 am

(OOC: Hey, Lady_Force, you might want to edit three of your posts, considering they repeat themselves, lol. The same thing happened in the OOC thread.)<BR><BR>The young man trugded into town, his head down, his eyes looking to nowhere but the ground. He was probably unaware of which town he was in, but he didn't seem to care. It was simply another town, another place to rest his weary body before moving on the next day. <BR><BR>The man continued to walk, not caring if he was in anybody's way, not even looking up when a man pushed him roughly aside. He was used to this sort of treatment. The man continued, until, hearing loud noises of merry men, he knew he had reached an inn. He finally raised his golden eyes to look at the sign, "The Prancing Pony." This would do.<BR><BR>Entering the inn, the man had a short conversation with the innkeeper and got the keys to his room for the night. But instead of going straight to his rooms, the young man sat down at the bar and ordered a drink that he didn't touch. He sat in silence, unaware of the loud voices of drunk men around him.
GollumsTorment863
Rider of the Mark

Postby Letora » Thu Nov 28, 2002 7:52 am

Letora looked around the room alert at the sound of the door being opened. Another man had walked in. Letora had quickly learned the first time she had been here that no selfrespecting woman would enter the Pony, yet out of some curiousity she wondered why she had always come here and yet know other woman had. <BR><BR>The man that had entered the room sat down at the bar after seeing himself to getting a room. He ordered himself a drink and sat in silence. Letora immediatly thought that he must not be from Bree but be a visitor. He seemed kind unlike the other men and sober. Letora wondered if she should approach him but htis was unwise when in Bree. She decided to simply watch him and hope that he would approach her. Then she heard a horse going completely wild outside. She stood up and ran to the front of the crowd migrating to the door. SHe dashed outside and noticed immediatly wich horse it was. Even though it would have been easier to handle her own horse she was glad it wasn't Carna. <BR><BR>Letora ran forward and grabbed the horses reigns pulling it back. She pulled it to her and tried to sooth it. Slowly it calmed down and eventually it was as quiet as the other horses. <BR><BR>The crowd began to migrate back inside but still a small group remained behind. The owner of the horse ran to its side and began to check if anything was to tight.<BR><BR>Letora walked toward the small group and they began to attempt o talke to her. One said,"I've never seen an elf before but I'm not from around here."<BR><BR>"I'm happy to be the first elf you've ever seen," Letora replied. She was not to fond of people telling her things like they'd never seen an elf and she was their first, but in some ways she was flattered by it. Then Letora reminded herself that seh was on a mission for Galadreil and a mission for herself to avenge her families' deaths.
Letora
Ranger of the North

Postby Wandering_Wood_Elf » Thu Nov 28, 2002 8:42 am

Culparmawen sighed pulling her cloak tightly around herself in the sudden wind as she walked through the streets of Bree. She had only been to Bree once before and so much had changed since her last visit that it was almost a new place entirely. She was one of the few elves that had a keen intrest in Hobbits, but was now leaving the Shire, probably back to Fangorn or perhaps her more recent home of Lothlorien, which was a long way away indeed. But she had enjoyed her time in the Shire, though it had also been half business due to a message she had been asked to deleiver by her Lord Celeborn. Rarely had the elves had dealings with hobbits, but she had not questioned or read the letter. <BR><BR>She came across the small crowd that had formed around what appeared to be a Lady Elf conversing with the villagers. She smiled, for she found it strange that elves could bring both joy and fear depending on the company. The elf woman was indeed lovely and their was wisdom in her deep brown eyes, as well as strenght and perhaps sorrow. They appeared to be standing in front of an Inn called The Prancing Pony. Good. She could use the rest. <BR><BR>She walked in with her cloak still about her shoulders, but lowered her hood. Her elven ears were covered by her long blond hair, but the light in her eyes and the grace of her steps betrayed her to be of an elf kin if any chanced to look upon her. She sat down in an armchair before the fire after getting a large warm drink from the bartender.
Wandering_Wood_Elf
Shield Bearer

Postby dawnnamira » Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:23 pm

<i>A cloaked figure watched the activity from a dark corner near the fire. A hood covered the face, but 'his' eyes shone brightly from the darkness. The figure inhaled sharply when Letora walked in, but remained silent and motionless. When Letora left, the cloaked shadow followed her quietly, nodding to Barliman Butterbur as 'he' left. When they both were outside, the figure threw back the hood, revealing a blue-eyed mortal male. <BR><BR>Letora backed away uneasily, then 'he' smiled. 'He' assumed a more familar form, a dark-haired she-Elf, with eyes that rapidly changed colors. She smiled at Letora, then pulled the hood back over her face.<BR><BR></i>"Greetings friend. Long has it been since we have meet."
dawnnamira
Ranger of the North

Postby Letora » Thu Nov 28, 2002 3:10 pm

Letora looked the elf over and did not remember her from any previous time. She was curios to find out how this elf knew her. <BR><BR>"Who are you?" Letora asked for she was quite confused on this matter.
Letora
Ranger of the North

Postby dawnnamira » Thu Nov 28, 2002 5:42 pm

<i>Dawn smiled, though Letora could not see. </i>"I guess it has been a long time. I know you, yet you do not know me. I also have worked for Galadriel. In another form, yet I know you." <i>Dawn replied. <BR><BR>She leaned against the stable wall, and pulled out an elven dagger. She began cleaning and trimming her nails with it, while waiting for Letora's answer.<BR><BR>
dawnnamira
Ranger of the North

Postby Letora » Thu Nov 28, 2002 8:43 pm

Letora was now even more confused then before. She looked at this elf who still had not stated her name.<BR><BR>"Please tell me now who you are. Tell me I don't know you and you must be dreaming up the fact that you know me, cause a surely do not know you," in two sentences Letora blew out all the anger she had been building up ever since her husband and family were muredered. THere was one way she felt upset about the matter, she had blown all her steam on a poor she-elf. Even though Letora had done so she didn't feel embarassed like most people would, instead she felt completely normal except for a small piece of guil in her heart.
Letora
Ranger of the North

Postby dawnnamira » Fri Nov 29, 2002 10:28 am

<i>Dawn smiled. </i>"I am Artanis, though you do not know me as that." <i>She paused, then shook her head. </i>"It is too complicated to understand. Just trust me." <BR><BR><i>Letora looked at her in disbelief. </i>"Trust you?" <i>She asked. Dawn nodded. </i>"Yes. Trust me."
dawnnamira
Ranger of the North

Postby Naira » Fri Nov 29, 2002 2:29 pm

The night grew old. Culparmawen sat by herself in the glow of the dying flame. She silently sipped her drink but then suddenly the small flicker of the flame grew to a steady glow again. The elf looked up in surprise as the fire began to take a sort of shape. She rubbed her eyes as suddenly a vision of a lovely elf appeared. The flaxen haired elf glanced around noting that no one else seemed perturbed by the apparation, or they at least didn't see it. <BR><BR>"I am Naira, Heart of Flame.." she said slowly her body finally taking shape as the swirling flames died back again. Naira grinned mischeviously as her orange eyes beheld the beautiful elf before her. " Culparmawen.." she cooed softly, making the elf adopt an even more taken aback appearance."How do you know my name?!Who are you?" she exclaimed as the seeming "spirit" chuckled and took a seat leaping lightly onto a table top. <BR><BR>" Do not fear me, for I am not an evil spirit, I have only one who can bend me to their will, Mother Earth, I am the embodiement of the flame." she said noting her reddened hair and orange color dress. "I have appeared before you to notify you of something, I have been watching one of your kind outside for quite sometime now and it seems she is in need of some assistance." <BR><BR>Culparmawen looked confused and Naira explained. "Her name is Letora, her job I will not reveal to you but I know that you and your skills could be of some use to her in her...quest shall we call it?" "Whats in it for me?" questioned the somewhat interested elf. " I am sure she will tell you." laughed the almost fairy like being. <BR><BR>Naira so enojyed meddling with the likes of the beings that she inhabited. She loved to help them along... if not sometimes create a bit of mischief in the mix...<BR><BR>Suddenly Naira was aware that another could see her, and not just the one she intended to appear to. "You man! What is thy name for surely you can see me though my intentions were otherwise..." she said in wonder. " You seemed to know that womans name with ease why must you guess at mine?" asked the man cockily. Naira gave him a baffled look and swept over to where he was seated.
Naira
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Raven_Wolfsong » Fri Nov 29, 2002 4:16 pm

<i>A cloaked figure walked a young horse through the town of Bree towards the Prancing Pony. The young mare was being skitish and was angering her master even more than she was already. The folk of Bree avoided her going round her and jeering at her. They had heard the rumors, which unfortunatly were true, and she was the towns joke.</i><BR><BR>"Voronwer, I've had enough of your babyish behaviour. Just stop mucking around!"<BR><BR><i>The cloaked figures voice was strange, she didn't need to speak loudly to enable her to be heard. Voronwer (meaning - loyal one) stopped playing around and looked confused at being told off. Her owner walked on and the mare followed. The cloak billowed behind and trailed along the ground hiding the figure in it, from under the hood the stranger could see the first spots of rain, which soon turned into proper rain. The stranger dug an almost white hand into their pocket, after searching around in it for a while the hand re-emerged with a few coins in which jangled as the hand opened. The cloaked figure sighed and thrust their hand back into the pocket dropping the money back in. Trudging along the figure slowed and looked up at the sign of the Prancing Pony</i><BR><BR>"I think we'll stop here for a bit, I need a rest."<BR><BR><i>The stranger tied her steed up and after some strict words left to go into the inn, passing a group standing near the horses as she went, when she walked in the stranger was welcomed by jeers and calls of</i><BR><BR>"Demon!"<BR>"Monster!"<BR>"Evil!"<BR>"Half blood!"<BR><BR><i>The stranger went straight to a corner where they could sit and warm up. After a while the strangers almost white hands came up out of the folds of the cloak and pulled the hood down revealing a face of the same almost white skin, a pair of black eyes, slightly extended canines and short-cut raven black hair. As the hands went down her right hand rested on the hilt of her long sword, Gayaer (meaning - dreaded one). The clothes underneath the cloak were all black and so were the long leather riding boots. All these things belonged to Raven Wolfsong, who sat in thought, the jeers were right, she was a demon, a monster, she did have an almost evil nature and was a half blood. But was any of it her fault, it wasn't all that long ago herself that she found out that she was half elf, half balrog. She didn't know why it happened or how it just did and there wasn't anyway of changing it. All she knew was that when she got extremly angry or upset she would turn into the blazing demon that she had to share her pure elvish blood with and not turn back until she had calmed down. It was while she was musing on this when she was disturbed by someone...</i>
Raven_Wolfsong
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Lady_Force » Sun Dec 01, 2002 6:54 pm

Dieannel Road into town. It was raining hard now and Kar was not very happy. <BR> "Dont worry, Kar" Dia said "we're almost to the Prancing Pony." When Dia and Kar got close, They saw Letora standing outside of the inn talking with a man. <BR> "Letora!" Dia shouted. The man and Letora looked up. <BR> "Dia? Oh Dia! it's so good to see you! What bings you to Bree?"<BR> "It's good to see you too Letora. Kar and I have stoped for suplies. We'll be traviling on soon." <BR> "Ah I see, Well why dont you head in, get warm, and order some food. I'll be in in a bit."<BR> "okey." Dia responded as she got off her horse. Kar jumped down and the two went in to the Prancing Pony.
Lady_Force
Shield Bearer

Postby Lady_Force » Sun Dec 01, 2002 6:54 pm

Dieannel Road into town. It was raining hard now and Kar was not very happy. <BR> "Dont worry, Kar" Dia said "we're almost to the Prancing Pony." When Dia and Kar got close, They saw Letora standing outside of the inn talking with a man. <BR> "Letora!" Dia shouted. The man and Letora looked up. <BR> "Dia? Oh Dia! it's so good to see you! What bings you to Bree?"<BR> "It's good to see you too Letora. Kar and I have stoped for suplies. We'll be traviling on soon." <BR> "Ah I see, Well why dont you head in, get warm, and order some food. I'll be in in a bit."<BR> "okey." Dia responded as she got off her horse. Kar jumped down and the two went in to the Prancing Pony.
Lady_Force
Shield Bearer

Postby GollumsTorment863 » Mon Dec 02, 2002 5:34 pm

Aaron looked at the being who had just approached him. She seemed amazed that he could see her. He had seen such creatures before, but only from a great distance. She was beautiful, with her flowing orange gown and her mysterious fiery eyes. But even her beauty didn't affect him. She was just another woman, no matter what special powers she carried.<BR><BR>"You man! What is thy name for surely you can see me though my intentions were otherwise..." the being said in wonder. <BR><BR>Aaron glanced at her. His words in answer were cocky, but his voice was passive. He seemed very tired, and bored with life. "You seemed to know that woman's name with ease; why must you guess at mine?" <BR><BR>The elven being seemed very bewildered, and slightly annoyed.
GollumsTorment863
Rider of the Mark

Postby Naira » Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:46 pm

Naira cast the man a hassled look but plainly stated. "Yes well the woman seemed more open, less guarded......" she said in an almost wondering almost snappy. She appeared as though she was about to say something but instantly her head snapped around as more people entered the Inn. Surprisingly the being disappeared from the mans sight, gaining nothing so far from this encounter. But she had really not disappeared but she had fused back into the flame in the fire place, her very essence possessing the fire. <BR><BR>Silently and in guise she watched from her position as the newcomers walked to the bar and then took a seat near the fire. They sat and discussed and slowly the people began to disperse.
Naira
Petitioner to the Council

Postby dawnnamira » Tue Dec 03, 2002 8:34 am

<i>Dawn did not follow Letora and Dia into the Prancing Pony, instead she walked into the stables. She stood in the center of the main enterance, cloaked in shadow, and watched the drunken men of Bree make their way home. When darkness had fallen, Dawn made her way into the Pony, disguised as a young male Elf.<BR><BR>She stepped into the Inn and was greeting by the smell of ale. She walked to the bar and ordered a goblet of white wine. When it arrived she laid a small silver coin on the table, and moved to a table, where she could see anything that went on in the common room.
dawnnamira
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady_Force » Mon Dec 09, 2002 6:20 pm

"So how are Letora?" Dia asked. She took a sip of ale as she waited for the responce.<BR> "Oh, I've been allright. Any luck in the surch for your husbind?"<BR> "No, not really. I've acualy seen him off and on but I cant seem to keep a hold on him. something allways happends and we always get separated."<BR> "That has to be annoying." Letora said, smiling.<BR> "Very." Dia responded. The two keped talking nether notesed the young Elven man enter the inn.
Lady_Force
Shield Bearer

Postby Letora » Tue Dec 10, 2002 5:09 pm

(OOC: Please everyone if you have never RPed with me before then don't act like you know me. And if anyone else talks or does anything for my character then I will personally yell my head off at you so loud you will hear in whatever part of the world your in.)<BR><BR>Letora didn't answer Dia immediatly, instead she sipped her water, since she didn't drink, and listened to the sound of the people talking in the room. She was ready to give her reply when she saw something outside. It was Carna and she was trying to run from a man who was merely walking past her. While laughing she ran outside and grabbed Carna as she calmly whispered to her in Elvish. Dia was close behind her and then Letora turned around to face her.<BR><BR>"Dia I am not staying here at the Pony, but I will not tell you where I am staying. Instead tomorrow I will meet you right here outside at 7:00a.m. sharp," Letora said and then she swung up onto Carna and rode back to the house in which she had stayed the night before.
Letora
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady_Force » Tue Dec 24, 2002 9:55 am

Dia watch Letora ride off. Then she headed back into the inn. kar was waiting for her on the stool that Dieannel had been sitting on. Dia finnished her drink and reneted a room in the inn.<BR> "Come on Kar. We have a bizzy day comeing." Kar sacmpered after her friend.<BR> "<b>We are going to meet Letora tomarrow?</b>" Kar asked <BR> "<i>yes, we are. what ever this is about it's importent.</i>" Dia responded. They where talking to etch other but no one could hear what was being said for they talked mind to mind. They headed to thier room, readied themselves for the next day and went to bed. <BR> The sun was riseing when they awoke.<BR> "dang! we're going to be late kar!" The two scrambled out of bed and headed to the main room, grabed a quick breakfast and headed out to meet Letora.
Lady_Force
Shield Bearer

Postby Letora » Wed Dec 25, 2002 7:39 am

Letora arrived back at the old building and headed up to the room in which she was to stay. An old friend had given her this place and she had been thankful for it. Instantly she was consumed by sleep and dreams filled her head.<BR><BR>The next morning Letora awoke quickly. She grabbed her things and left without any breakfest. It was already eight o'clock sharp when she arrived. Diannel wasn't even visible in the bar let alone waiting outside for Letora. Though Letora was pleased when she saw Dia dash down the stairs and eat the most hurried breakfest ever and run out to meet her. Letora gave her no welcome she only laughed and then motioned for Dia to follow her. Slowly they traveled away from Bree.
Letora
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady_Force » Tue Jan 21, 2003 5:57 pm

Dia Followed Letora out of Bree. She did not know exsactly where they were going but she was happy to be with an old friend. She held silent confrence with Kar and made small talk with Letora. <BR> "Where are we going any way?" Dieannel finaly asked. <BR> "Well...
Lady_Force
Shield Bearer

Postby Letora » Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:24 am

"Well," Letora began for she did not know how to say this,"since you last met me I was still living in Mirkwood but about a year after my father sent me to live in Lothlorien. Obviously the elves are leaving this land and the Mirkwood elves will surely be the last to leave. Galadriel has been wanting to leave even before the Great War of the Ring. So my father held a council with her and the elves of both of their lands. They came to the conclusion that I would be trained to rule Lorien when Galadreil left for the Undying Lands. Lately she has been sending me on petty missions, but last week my mother, sister, and husband were all murdered. My father barely escaped. You see even though I have been in Lorien my husband has been in Mirkwood. Now I am seeking after this murderer and I will have my revenge."<BR><BR>Letora did not expect that Dia would give an instant reply, and she was correct. The two rode through the woods for well over an hour before Dia even made any sign that she had listened to Letora. They slowly rode down the path making no sound.<BR><BR>Finally Letora spoke again,"We are going to Rivendell."
Letora
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady_Force » Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:56 am

"That is awful about your family. I'm very sorry to hear that." Dia responded. They road in silence for a wile.<BR> "So how is Areon?" Letora asked.<BR> "Wodent know. I lost him again." <BR> "Oh."<BR> The silence was heavy once agian. Dia thougth back on the day that she and Areon where separated. She missed him so much and wodered how he was doing. She hoped that she would fined something of him on this trip. Or atlest cetch up with old friends.
Lady_Force
Shield Bearer

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)