I Entulessë I Huinë- The Return of the Shadow

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Revenwyn » Thu Dec 12, 2002 3:31 pm

Revenwyn sat down in the Prancing Pony. She shook her head. The tidings that were sent to her were not good. <i>Shelob had made her way to Mirkwood.</i> <BR>Revenwyn would do anything to rid Middle Earth of Shelob's menace. Her middle son, Roquen, had been poisoned by her once when trying to kill her, and had not been right ever since. He was away at his grandparents house, because he could no longer fight- indeed, he was no longer the delightful person he had once been. Revenwyn sighed. Something had to be done about Shelob- she was breeding with the giant spiders of Mirkwood and causing new terror. They were destroying everything the elves loved.<BR><BR>Shelob must be stopped. Revenwyn didn't know how, and at any rate, could not do it herself. She decided to form a company of warriors to help her do the job.
Revenwyn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Woman~of~the~Waves » Sun Dec 15, 2002 11:46 am

Laoise sat idly with her wine glass in hand. Beside her was a handsome young man, whose name she had forgotten. He too held a glass in his hand, though not so elegantly as Laoise as he was now drunk.<BR><BR><i>It only took him three glasses</i> she thought listening as he babbled on about her great beauty <i>I thought men could hold in more than that</i><BR><BR>The poor man said a last few slurred words and fell asleep, his head falling into her lap. Sighing she lifted his head and rose. Laoise did so enjoy the company of men, although her elven friends thought them inferior and weak, but sometimes...<BR><BR>Placing the glass gently of a window sill, she admired the beauty of Elrond's home. She heard footstep approching and turned. Her human friend Lini came rushing down toward.<BR><BR>"Oh dear Laoise." Lini said with a tragic tone to her voice "Your home... Mirkwood.... it has been attacked."<BR><BR>Laoise eyes widen and her jaw dropped "Attacked?! Who could possibly attack my home?!"<BR><BR>"I don't know much about these things deary" continued Lini "They said it was a huge spider.. Sch... Shelob."<BR><BR>And for the first time in years found herself totally distraught with grief. "Lini, I must leave."
Woman~of~the~Waves
Shield Bearer

Postby Arwen#1 » Tue Dec 17, 2002 2:02 pm

Mel entered the inn and looked at Revenwyn,she smiled.Silently she walked over to her.<BR>"I knew you'd be here?So,what's up?"Mel said in a quiet tone.<BR>Revenwyn explain quickly and softly what had happened since Mel had left four years ago,to find what really had happened to her parents.<BR>Mel nodded when Revenwyn was finished.<BR>"So,what are we going to do about it?We can't just let these creatures rome the earth killing people whenever they please,it needs to be stopped."Mel said.<BR>"I know,but what."Revenwyn replied.<BR>Silently,they sat lost in thought of what to do.
Arwen#1
Rider of the Mark

Postby orliesmyhusband » Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:57 pm

Screams..... screams echoed in her head. The elf leaned heavily agianst her window pane, her rapid breathing and watery eyes showed signs of emotional stress. She blinked and the tears in her eyes now flowed down her pale cheeks like the bursting of a great dam. "Oricon?" came a call like the coo of a mourning dove at suns first rays. The woman turned to find her mother Lothinaya peeking into her room from behind the door. Her lovely frame was outlined by the light from the torches that lit the hall behind her. <BR><BR>"He's going to be ok." she assured, her motherly touch caressing her only daughters arm. "Your warm... Were you bitten as well?" she asked concern rising in her voice. "No mother.." she lied, for indeed she had but it was by the older form of spider.... not the new evil breed that now dwelled in the forest. "Mother they are destroying the lands!" Lothinaya nodded in agreement, her bright face suddenly saddened by the thought of her husband and familys homeland dying. <BR><BR>"The lands are steadily reaped of their goods!" cried Oricon, rising her arm in defiance but wincing in pain. Lothinaya looked annoyed and grasped her daughters hand, leading her down the hall and into the nursing unit. The elf lay upon the bed, reluctant in her stubborn ways. Her worrid mother stood poised at her bedside as her arm was wrapped. But Oricon felt she had no time for such pettiness... where was Berluil???? <BR><BR>She desperately searched for her beloved brother whom she cared so deeply about. He had been bitten in the battle of late. Her brow creased with worry, for a moment she had forgotten about the onslaught of arachnids taking grasp of Mirkwood...
orliesmyhusband
Ranger of the North

Postby Revenwyn » Fri Dec 20, 2002 8:46 am

Revenwyn looked at Mel.<BR>"I think I should lead another quest. Palantir really exhausted me, but I think I can handle this one. After all, my son has been poisoned by Shelob and I want revenge."
Revenwyn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arwen#1 » Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:20 pm

Mel looked at Revenwyn and nodded.<BR>"But,how we've only got two people and two people is not enough to defeat all those monsters.What are you going to do?Plantir really did exhaust you.We need more people."Mel replied.<BR>
Arwen#1
Rider of the Mark

Postby Revenwyn » Sun Dec 22, 2002 9:46 am

"We will just have to leave, and have people join as they will. That is how it went with Palantir. We started as four, and it grew to 16." She continued. "Besides, we are pursing the enemy, not the enemy pursuing us. In Palantir we had four different sides of evil and their armies pursuing us at the same time. I think we should prepare for the quest, and start tomorrow."
Revenwyn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby ThreadStalker » Sun Dec 22, 2002 2:06 pm

This thread has gone downhill from a borderling start. I suggest you all take a look at the Guidelines for this forum and perhaps take a read through on some of the excellent tutorial threads offered. If improvement towards the accepted standard is not made, this thread will be locked.
ThreadStalker
Ranger of the North

Postby Arwen#1 » Mon Dec 23, 2002 8:01 pm

Mel nodded,"But two,just two,"Mel asked,"What if no one joins?We can't fight all alone against all them monsters."<BR>Revenwyn sighed,"I know,but what other choice do we have."<BR>"Wait a minute,I have an idea.Tomorrow meet me here I'll discuss it with you then.Right now I must leave."<BR>Revenwyn sighed,"Must you?"<BR>"Of,course you know I don't sleep well,I'll go out for a ride and meet you here in the morning."<BR>Revenwyn sighed again and nodded.<BR>Mel silently slipped for the table and walked outside,when she saw Revenwyn head for her room she walked back in to see a girl she wanted to talk to.<BR>Silently,she walked up to the girl after her friend left.<BR>"Excuse me,but I couldn't help overhearing that your home was destoyed by Shelob,I have a proposal for you.See me and my friend are trying to round up some people to help fight Shelob.I think this might be an opprotunity for you to get even."<BR>A smiled toyed at the girls mouth.<BR>"Let's sit down and discuss this."Mel said.
Arwen#1
Rider of the Mark

Postby Reislied » Tue Dec 24, 2002 4:33 pm

"Spiders you say?", he asked nonchalantly. "Are they not...small things?"<BR><BR>His voice was rather soft and had a slight huskiness to it. Like a whisper it seemed, but it carried easily through the noise of the tavern.<BR><BR>"Beg'n yer pardon, Master Reis", replied a huge fellow sitting across from him. Feargus was his name. "But these be as big as you 'un me! I swear it!"<BR><BR>Reis smiled, though the expression was hidden within his travel worn cowl. Men like Feargus were a decent sort. Honest and hardworking, but prone to exaggerations. Yet, this talk of spiders was consistent throughout the areas close to Mirkwood. Perhaps there is some truth to this, he thought.<BR><BR>He gestured for Feargus to continue. What followed were the usual assumptions, conjectures, rumors, and outright fantasies. Everything from a spider queen's spawn, to the second coming of the Dark Lord was mentioned as Feargus lavished on. <BR>It got to the point where several strangers joined in and argued over just how many eyes monstrous spiders were supposed to have. With a last quaff of his beer, Reis quietly left the tavern.<BR><BR>"Mirkwood..." he whispered aloud. "Giant spiders in Mirkwood."<BR><BR>Certainly an opportunity if there ever was one. <BR><BR>Drawing his cloak tight, Reis headed for the largest house in the area. Settlements, especially ones this close to a wild area like Mirkwood, often had troubles with wolves and raiders. Sometimes the problems often got so out of hand that men were called to help the settlers. Often for a good price. <BR>But he would need to speak to the Master of the settlement first.<BR><BR>_____________<BR><BR><BR>"Oh yes, <i>certainly</i> we could use some help." said the Master, a fragile old man with shrewd eyes. Reis sat opposite the Master in his meeting room. At this point, it was merely a pantry with a table and three chairs (one with a loose leg) in it. But the Master reassured Reis that it would be quite the conference room eventually. <BR><BR>"Now, my bounty may be a bit modest for your tastes...", the Master started.<BR><BR>And so they haggled for an hour, the Master using every trick in the book to wheedle Reis into a bad deal. But the soft spoken young man was no fool and eventually he managed to pry a fair price out of the Master.<BR><BR>In fact, he even receieved a bonus of sorts. A powerful all purpose antidote. How well it worked, only the Valar knew, but it was better than nothing against the spider's venom. And so Reis set out into the night, pipe in mouth, blowing smoke rings all the way to Mirkwood.<BR><BR>
Reislied
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Revenwyn » Tue Jan 14, 2003 11:08 am

(OOC: Wow. We have hope. But now I don't get what's happening)<BR><BR>Revenwyn could not sleep for any reason. So she came back down and overheard the men speak about the spiders.<BR><BR>"I too, have heard about this happening, and I am trying to start a group to weed out this evil, because not only are there giant spiders, but another, more evil than these, is breeding with them, and now they are attacking the elves of Mirkwood. If anyone will join me, I would appreciate help on this quest."
Revenwyn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Revenwyn » Tue Jan 14, 2003 11:08 am

(OOC: Wow. We have hope. But now I don't get what's happening)<BR><BR>Revenwyn could not sleep for any reason. So she came back down and overheard the men speak about the spiders.<BR><BR>"I too, have heard about this happening, and I am trying to start a group to weed out this evil, because not only are there giant spiders, but another, more evil than these, is breeding with them, and now they are attacking the elves of Mirkwood. If anyone will join me, I would appreciate help on this quest."
Revenwyn
Citizen of Imladris

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)