The White Hand

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Rainfield » Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:03 pm

<i>Uruk-hai, Orcs, Goblins, and men have assembled at Isenguard in protest that Saruman was the true King and Ruler of Middle Earth. They have assembled to destroy all that stood against Saruman in the Great War of the Ring. They come to restore Saruman's honor, and bring glory to The White Hand.<BR>Rohan and Gondor have reunited yet again to put an end to Saruman's followers once and for all. Thousands of soldiers have assembled around the edges of Isenguard. Led by Kings, led by Captains, led by themselves, the armies of these two forces have come together to rid the world of The White Hand.</i><BR><BR><BR>Darkness has settled around Isenguard as the masses of these two great armies meet. The air is cold, and the rain makes the weather all more suiting. <BR><BR>Rainfield Dactarian, Captain of Rohan, walks his horse Havi to the front of the line. Looking out into the middle of Isenguard, thousands of soldiers bearing the white hand stand ready. <BR>"Perfect night for a war," his advisor said to him looking out into the army.<BR>"We'll end this tonight," he replied back to his advisor.<BR>"Shall I signal the archers?" <BR>"No, they will go off my lead," Rainfield walked his horse further up and raised his sword high into the air. The other captains of Rohan and Gondor followed suit. <BR>"ON MY LEAD," Rainfield yelled back to his men. "Archers ready.........FIRE!"<BR><BR>
Rainfield
Rider of the Mark

Postby Rainfield » Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:03 pm

The beats of hearts pounded against the soldiers chest as thousands of arrows whistled past their bodies. The sound of rain clinking off their armor, was like drummers pounding at different paces. The wet grass made the ground slick, and the chill air was making breaths all more difficult.<BR>The arrows pounded into the Saruman followers, hundreds fell as they charged torwards the men of Rohan and Gondor. The sounds of dieing orcs are not for the faint of heart. Endless screams and high pitched moans filled the darkened sky. The followers assembled a line of archers and fired out into the men. With their archers in position the followers charged straight forward into the armies of Gondor and Rohan. <BR>Rainfield backed up into the line of infantry that awaited the soldiers of Saruman. <BR>"Make openings eighty paces to the left and right. Riders of Rohan, divide and go to the ends, once they hit our footmen, circle in around them. Show them no mercy!" Rainfield yelled to his troops under his command. <BR>The Company moved closer together making two large gaps at their ends. The riders quickly rode their horses to the gaps and awaited the time to strike. Rainfield rode his way to the left and sent his advisors to the right.<BR>The soldiers of Saruman closed in on the footmen as the stood ready for battle. Archers fired over their shoulders taking out all the followers that they could. The sight of a hundred Uruk-hai falling at the same time, and watching their life end in one shot was amazing. Rainfield awaited at the ends and saw the two great armies collide, and the swaying green grass go red.
Rainfield
Rider of the Mark

Postby Losthoroniel » Sat Dec 21, 2002 9:06 pm

LN rode with the other riders the the gaps on her horse Linte. His golden body quivered with excitement underneath her as he shifted his weight, tossing his head and snorting, his breath curling into the night air.<BR><BR>"Ready Linte?"<BR>She whispered in his ear as she leaned forward. He snorted again and danced lightly on his legs.<BR><BR>LN watched as the armies collided and waited for Rainfield's command, tighting her hand about her blade with her bow ready if needed. She clutched to Linte's mane and closed her eyes, letting the rain fall heavely on her face, the cold drops awakening her...
Losthoroniel
Ranger of the North

Postby Kaylin » Sun Dec 22, 2002 5:18 am

Mae'hriel stood in front of Elrond and the others gathered as he spoke to the others within the privacy of his council within the new homeland of the Elves, far to the west. Deep Azure coloured eyes watched the people around her, trying to gague the weight of the new threat to be answered at Isenguard.<BR>"Mae'hriel Tavari'Illith, you have come to this concil on account of the sreams you have been having. Dreams of battle and blood. Dreams of the people of Rohan and The Poeple of Gondor standing once again to fight evil." Elrond's voice echoed against the marble Elven craftsmanship of the pillars of the council.<BR>Mae'hriel listen to the others speak their complaints and concerns, frowing at the lack of support from the other Elves gathered. She sighed heavily and cast her eyes downward, shaking her black haired head slowly. Elrond took note of this, watching Mae'hriel as she seemed pained by the decision to go or tostay in Rivendell.<BR>Finally she looked upwards, meeting the gaze of the Half-Elven lord of Rivendell, though now there were in the lands to the west, blinking only once before she stood gracefully. Her soft voice was barely heard amongst the clamour of the others gathered, but eventually, all paused in their chatter and gazed apon the Elven woman dressed in light blue and teal robes.<BR>"I will go Lord Elrond. The pyhsical fight is quite different from a Magical one, and no doubt there will be measures needed to counter what may be left of Saruman's Magic. I have no doubt my dreams are visions of the battle...and it would be irresponsible of me not to go."<BR>Elrond sat back in his chair, watching Mae'hriel intently. He'd known of her for a while, knowing that she was still an apprentice to the Arts of Magic, but also knew that she showed some skill for her chosen path. Slowly he nodded, a small smile creeping across his fine elven features.<BR>"Then you shall go, Mae'hriel Tavari'Illith, and take my blessing with you. The house of elves long since departed the world of Men, with the comming of the Third War. There was an allegiance between us...perhaps it would be good to acknowledge that."<BR>Mae'hriel smiled slightly, bowing her head in a gracious fashion. With a small nervous smile, she glanced back at Elrond again.<BR>"I will need a map of Isenguard. Perhaps one of the more Battle Knowledgeable Lords here can provide me with an ideas as to where I may start looking for the armies."<BR>A few of the Lords laughed, spitefully looking at Mae'hriel and lounging back in their seats.<BR>"You cannot miss an Army the size of Rohan and Gondor Mae'hriel Tavari'Illith. You will know them when you see them."<BR>Mae'hriel frowned only breifly, before she took the Lord's words into account.<BR>"Perhaps you are right my Lord, but I am not battle wisened as you. I shall go. If the Armies will be as large as you day they are, then the shall not be difficult to find.<BR>Elrond nodded thoughtfully and provided Mae'hriel with a map of the area surrounding Isenguard.<BR>"Go to the Capitan of the Rohan Armies, he will be able to direct you."<BR>Mae'hriel nodded slowly and turned, leaving the council to prepare herself for what lie a head. She packed a few spell books, components, scrolls and some elven Whey Bread, and borrowed the horse from her neighbour to charge her way to the Rohan riders and troops of Gondor.<BR> **** **** **** ****<BR>Two weeks later, she arrived on horse-back, looking for the banner that marked the Rohan Riders. A few stoped in their tasks to gape and stare at the lone elven woman on horse back, dressed in the colours of the sea and surf. Frowing slightly, Mae'hriel sat up in the saddle of the horse, then looked over to a rider carrying the markof the Rohan.<BR>"Rohan Rider! Where is Capitan Dactarian? I have been sent by the evles of the West to aid you." Mae'hriel cried over the slight din of clanking armour and scraping of flint across steel weaponry. Mae'hriel flinched slightly at the grinding sound, but kept her azue coloured eyes on the man she'd found. Carefully, he circled over to her and squinted, eyeing her up and down as warriors were wont to do. Mae'hriel frowned slightly and pulled a letter forth from her belt pouch, handing it to the rider. He snatched it from her slender hand, holding it within his own meaty fingers before he glanced back to Mae'hriel.<BR>"This way. I will show you." he spoke, turning his horse around and leading her to the Capitan she had mentioned. How had she known his capitans name? How had she known to come here if the Elves had gone to the west?<BR>A few moments later, Mae'hriel was standing before yet another man.<BR>The previous tratted over and intruduced Mae'hriel.<BR>"Sir, this elven woman claims to be from the new elven lands to the west, sent by word of Lord Elrond. She carries no weapons, so I can only assume she's a magic user."<BR>Mae'hriel looked between the two men, then glanced towards Isenguard, shivering at the powerful magic weilded within it's walls. She frowned deeply and glanced back at the two men again, waiting for the appropriate time to venture forward and meet this...capitan.<BR>A slight wind rustled up from seemingly no-where, making Mae'hriel stand up in the saddle of her horse again. The air seemed to heat itself and grow thick, and Mae'hriel's eyes grew wide with fear.<BR>"GET BACK! Fireball!" She screamed just as a huge ball of fire was thrust down from the heavens above, the foul voice of Saruman carried with it still lingering in the dusty air whispering only in her ears. Left over magic, defenses for Isenguard left for him before he died. He'd lived there long before the Third War, and it would have been foolish for him not to set up a means of defence against his home and tower.<BR>Knocked from her horse, Mae'hriel came to again a few moments later, shaking the dust from her robes. She glared at the frightening tower, pushing up the sleeves of her robes and planting her staff firmly into the ground.<BR>She let her voice rise, the silvery soft sweetness of the elven language echoing within the very air around them, rising like the smoke from many campfires, seemingly trying to drown out Saruman's own seething voice.<BR>Overhead, the sky darkened and dark clouds began to form and move quickly over the tower, swirling and boiling with the conjured magic. Lightening flickered daringly from cloud to cloud, and even Mae'hriel's graceful form seemed to crackle with the energy she'd conjured. Her hair, fluttering violently with the magical energy surrounding her, seemed like seaweed meant to snare and trap unsuspecting sailors within their grasp.<BR>As she spoke the last words of the incantation, the sky flashed a dazzingly bright light and a crack of ear-splitting thunder shattered the air. Lightning stuck the rear ranks of gathered goblins, sending them flying left and right, tossing them about like rag dolls.<BR>Mae'hriel let out a gathered breath of air and stagged slightly to grasp her staff, the black hair settling about her back and shoulders again. Her eyes still watched the tower, glaring at it, daring the tower to make his next move. The Tower's withered defense had deflected her spell, but at cost to itself.<BR>She waited, waited for the capitan to acknowledge her and waited for the next line of conjuring spells.
Kaylin
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Rainfield » Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:17 am

The riders swooped around the Uruk-hai as they clashed with their footmen. The stampede of men and elves sent chills down the followers spine. The two sides met directly behind the army that had just ran forth to fight the footmen. <BR>The horses banged their hooves on the ground, while the followers turned to look at their opposition. Rainfield walked to the front of the line, and raised his sword high above his head. <BR>"Riders of Rohan, NAH! RIDERS OF MIDDLE EARTH......CHARGE."<BR>The 300+ riders rode fiercly at the followers, in a excellent display of everything they stood for, honor, glory, peace. <BR>The collided with the Uruk-hai, sending many off their horses. Rainfield swung down with his sword, back and forth as he rode through their army. <BR>"Do not fear them, they are of soft blood," He yelled back to his men, to raise their spirits. He Uruk-hai were being slaughtered by the hands of the riders, but behind them, more were coming.
Rainfield
Rider of the Mark

Postby Losthoroniel » Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:41 am

LN's mind centered on the goblins as they charged forth, Linte's ground-eating strides bringing her closer and closer to the hideous mass of twisted faces. She held her blade high above her head, the pearl handle gleaming sliver and the blade flashing gold off Linte's coat. Deep in her eyes a light began to glow, a fire seemed to go forth and pierce the hearts of the goblins as the shrank back when she rode by, a power was seething from her body and knew there was no other power more deadly to a foe then adrenaline. She let out a cry in the fair elven tongue that echoed across the battle field above the harsh voices of the orcs and goblins,<BR><BR>"Gurth goth rim lye!"<BR><BR>She swung her blade at the nearest goblin, Linte clashing with the goblin flesh, sending them every which way beneath his hooves.<BR><BR>The riders came forth in one mass and no goblins before them were left behind without a wound or a missing limb, but goblins were coming in behind off the mountainside and weer comig closer and closer to the flanks of the horses in the rear. She stopped Linte suddenly and looked back at the masses of orcs and goblins coming up behind. Looking forward they were making progress but it was going to be a hard battle with enemies behind and in front along with others still coming. She turned Linte towards the battle infront of her again and took off, quickly catching with the other riders and joined in the slaughter...
Losthoroniel
Ranger of the North

Postby Losthoroniel » Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:44 am

LN's mind centered on the goblins as they charged forth, Linte's ground-eating strides bringing her closer and closer to the hideous mass of twisted faces. She held her blade high above her head, the pearl handle gleaming sliver and the blade flashing gold off Linte's coat. Deep in her eyes a light began to glow, a fire seemed to go forth and pierce the hearts of the goblins as the shrank back when she rode by, a power was seething from her body and knew there was no other power more deadly to a foe then adrenaline. She let out a cry in the fair elven tongue that echoed across the battle field above the harsh voices of the orcs and goblins,<BR><BR>"Gurth goth rim lye!"<BR><BR>She swung her blade at the nearest goblin, Linte clashing with the goblin flesh, sending them every which way beneath his hooves.<BR><BR>The riders came forth in one mass and no goblins before them were left behind without a wound or a missing limb, but goblins were coming in behind off the mountainside and weer comig closer and closer to the flanks of the horses in the rear. She stopped Linte suddenly and looked back at the masses of orcs and goblins coming up behind. Looking forward they were making progress but it was going to be a hard battle with enemies behind and in front along with others still coming. She turned Linte towards the battle infront of her again and took off, quickly catching with the other riders and joined in the slaughter...
Losthoroniel
Ranger of the North

Postby Kaylin » Sun Dec 22, 2002 5:22 pm

Mae'hriel faultered slightly and took a look at the charging armies of Uruk-Hai, goblins and other asoreted foul creatures. Battle lust penetrated to each and everyone one of them, making them seem a formidable force.<BR>Mae'hriel blinked slightly, watching to see as the capitan of Rohan charged head long into the frey, the din of clashing armour and the crushing of bodies deafening to her ears. Mae'hriel turned to see yet another set of troops from Gondor advance towards their intended target, a large group of Uruk-hai.<BR>Again, Mae'hriel's voice rose once again above the rise of the noise, the elven words seeming like a voice in a dream. Slowly the magic began to take shape, a large puddle of deep and thick mud in the middle of the Uruk-hai troops from Isenguard. Their feet slipped against the mud soaked field, causing them to fall and slide down towards the pit created, their armour causing them to sink and drown.<BR>Just as she pulled her vision back to the armies in front of her, a few stray Goblins rushed to attack the vulnerable magic user that had caught their sight. Gnashing their teeth and foaming at the mouth with battle frenzy, they rushed Mae'hriel, knowing what power she weilded. Caught on flat foot, Mae'hriel took one step forward and hunkered down against the Bum's Rush from the goblin, jutting her shoulder forward. At contact, a frightful crack of two bodies colliding filled Mae's ears and left her feeling dizzy. Fighting the sensation of both a world spinning and the pain in her shoulder, Mae'hriel reached out for her staff and swung it reflexively, snapping it out like the crack of a whip. It contacted with the other goblin, causing him to shriek out and howl in pain as her staff had broken his nose, left him blind by the pain.<BR>The other bore down on her, using his weight to force her to the ground. Mae'hriel cried out slightly and a great rush of air was forced from her lungs as she was sent sprawling on the ground. Twisting and fighting, she fought with every ounce of her strength to keep his blade from her neck. Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted a rock and tried to reach for it. The burning ache in her muscles was almost too much, until she was able to get ahold of the rock within her hand and swing it in a large arc with the force of her weight behind it.<BR>She hit him once with the rock and it stunned him.<BR>She hit him twice with the rock and his grip turned slack.<BR>She hit him a third time with the rock and he felt, limp, onto of her.<BR>Edging her feet under, she quickly thrust the body of the goblin off her and stood on shaking legs. Panting heavily, she gripped her staff until her knuckles turned white, her deep azure eyes falling on the other goblin. He gripped his sword tightly and howled at Mae, swinging it wide. With her staff, she was able to defend against his attacks, moving like water around rocks and fallen trees, smooth and easily. Eventually, she managed to land two hits to his head; the first knocking off his helmet, the second sending him sprawled into the mud face down.<BR>Mae'hriel panted again and waited, her keen eyes watching for any others who sought to attack her.
Kaylin
Citizen of Imladris

Postby dawnnamira » Mon Dec 23, 2002 9:22 am

<i>A lone figure stood on the tower of Orthanc, watching the scene before her. She turned, and watched as her main adversary was attacked. She turned, and suddenly a Uruk-Hai appeared. <BR><BR>He knelt, and the figure walked to him. </i>"Stand and report." <i>The first figure said, her voice commanding. The Uruk watched her booted feet, and began speaking. </i><BR><BR>"We've lost the first attack. They came on before we were prepared, Mistress." <i>The female half-elf shook her head in disgust, her eyes a light blood red. She turned on her heel, and her think, black braid hit the Uruk in the face. He winced, then knelt again. </i><BR><BR>"What are my orders?" <i>He asked, wishing silently that there was someone, anyone else on the roof with him. The elf turned back, her black armor, with a white hand sqaurely in the middle, glistening in the dull starlight. </i><BR><BR>"Your orders have not changed." <i>She began icily. She leaned against one of the spikes protruding from the roof. </i>"Your orders are to defeat this threat, and to prove once and for all that our Lord Saruman is the Lord of Evil." <BR><BR><i>The Uruk stood again, and took one step forward. The elf suddenly called loudly, and then turned quickly, her black sword in her hands. She beheaded the Uruk before anyone that had responded to her call knew what had been going on. <BR><BR>She turned to the battle once again, and the Haradrim that had answered her call disposed of the body. One of the figures walked to her side. </i><BR><BR>"The battle grows fierce." <i>Said a male voice, the elf smiled softly. </i>"You, Lurch, call this fierce?" <i>She asked, a hint of disapproval in her voice. The male Uruk-Hai with Elven ears and storm gray eyes laughed. </i><BR><BR>"I've been gone too long. Moria is actually quite boring, Dawn, believe it or not." <i>He replied, laughter in his voice. Dawn laughed along with him, her eyes shining with joy, though it was tempered. <BR><BR>The moon rose slowly, providing the watchers with more light to watch by. They stood side by side, sometimes silent, sometimes conversing with each other. They had been still for an hour or so, when an orc interrupted them. <BR><BR></i>"Mistress Dawn?" <i>He asked, stepping forward. She snapped toward him, and stood impatiently. </i>"Yes Snaga?" "You told me notify you if any captains were wounded." "Who?" <i>Lurch interuppted. The orc continued. </i>"Captain Retnoch." <i>Dawn paled.
dawnnamira
Ranger of the North

Postby Rainfield » Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:47 am

"ARCHERS FIRE," Rainfield ordered as the archers sent numerous arrows straight pass the riders and into the goblins. <BR>Rainfield rode to the back of the line to speak with his king,<BR>"King Eomer, we have beaten their first attack," He said nodding his head to his good friend.<BR>"Excellent Captain," Eomer replied back to him. "How is are men, we can bring in the second string if the first need rest."<BR>"I believe they are in good shape, we did not lose many in the first run," Rainfield said in triumph.<BR>"Very good, hopefully we can end this quickly," Eomer replied back to him. "Send out runners inform King Aragorn, and the armies of Gondor that the first rift is over."<BR><BR>"Halerifon," Rainfield yelled over to one of his soldiers. The rider rode over quickly to his Captain. "Circle around to the armies of Gondor and inform King Aragorn of our progress." <BR>"Yes Sir," Said Halerifon as he rode off around the armies.<BR><BR>"Anything else Rainfield?" Asked Eomer.<BR>"Yes, an abnormal amount of Elves have shown up here this day. Do you know whats going on?" He asked curiously. <BR>"Perhaps they wish to see the aftermath of the great War of the Ring through to the very end," Eomer said with a smile.<BR>"Yes, possibly."
Rainfield
Rider of the Mark

Postby dawnnamira » Mon Dec 23, 2002 3:37 pm

<i>Dawn was jogging down the stairs of the Tower of Orthanc, her armor clinking softly. 'Retnoch,' She thought to herself, reviewing what she knew about him. 'Born seven years ago. Advanced quickly. Now captain of Third Devision.' Dawn shook her head, jumping down the last three stairs. Lurch followed, thinking almost the exact same thoughts.<BR><BR>When they reached the wounded Uruk, Dawn knelt, pulling out a silver flask of alcohol. She handed it Lurch, and then turned to the orc. </i>"Where's the healing team?" <i>She asked, examining the wound. The orc stood uneasily behind her. </i>"On their way." <i><BR><BR>Dawn nodded, and began slowly pulling out the arrow.
dawnnamira
Ranger of the North

Postby Kaylin » Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:33 pm

The battle field became slick with mud from the day's rain, but now a new threat becan to emerge. As the sun dipped it's blood red colour behind the horizon behind Isenguard, the temperature became to drop. Those fighting and mingling with the frey would be warm enough for now...but the dead and dying would not be, and neither would those standing to wait for their orders to attack.<BR>In the last glimmers of fading sun, Mae'hriel could make out the glittering heml of King Eomer and she smiled slightly, secretly hoping for perhaps the chance to speak with him later, or at least even acknowledge she was there.<BR>Taking only a breif supper, she passed out and shared what she could with the injured, healing what mortal wounds she could. A few of the men could hardly believe that an elf maid was tending to them, fighting within their ranks, actualy here with them. For all they had known, the elves had long ago gone to the west and only a few stood with them at the last battle. Haldir had fallen at Helm's Deep, but his reinforcements had given King Thedrin some hope against the hoard of Saruman before King Eomer had arrived with the Rohan Riders.<BR>But that was History...<BR>This was history in the making.<BR>Mae'hriel's deep eyes looked up again, now adjusted to the semi-darkness that was dotted with several small fires for warmpth and light. A riderless horse stood amongst the small encampments and Mae'hriel watched as he drew near her. Nuzzling her hand with his velvet nose, Mae'hriel reached out and stroked his ears and forehead a soft smile comming to rest on her lips.<BR>"<i>Roch...met an e rochir...</i>"<BR>She told him, pointing towards the Rohan Riders. The horse blinked and lowered itself slightly, allowing for Mae'hriel to climb onto his saddled back. Once settled, he stood up again and trotted over to where the rear ranks of the Rohan Warriors were surveying the battle. Her aqua coloured eyes watched them intently, before she cleared her throat loud enough to be heard.<BR>"My Lords...how goes the battles from your eyes?"<BR>She looked worried, as most of the encampment did, the fate of Middle Earth hanging in the balance yet again. The Horse pawed at the ground egarly, wanting to go into battle with the rest of his comrades. Mae smiled down at the creature and gave him a gentle pat on the neck.<BR>"You must wait for now...you will get your chance..." She told the horse, to witch her tilted his head slightly, then hung it there all dejected at her words. She frowned slightly and stroked his neck again, waiting for a battle report of sorts.<BR>She need to know where her skills were best used, though she assumed that Saruman's Tower would be teeming with magical traps.
Kaylin
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Losthoroniel » Mon Dec 23, 2002 6:17 pm

LN and her fellow riders were called back. The first attack on Isengaurd's troops was a success for them thoguh her heart was full of dismay at leaving the battle. He heart was racing and her energy was not yet nearly spent, and Linte still danced on his feet as light as ever, as if he had just taking a little ride through the forest. She smiled lightly and spoke to him in the elven tongue with him snorting in agreement.<BR><BR>When the riders had gotten back to the camp, she dismounted and walked about, looking for someone familiar, but alas. There was no one she knew from previous battles, and she couldn't see any elves around her. She continued forward but stopped as she saw another she-elf talking to some of the captains. Her heart was overjoyed at finding another elf there amongst the men. She crossed the space between hr and the other elf quickly with Linte right behind her.<BR><BR>"Excuse me, I couldn't help notice that you too were an elf. I have been searching for someone I could talk to but I know no one here, and since you are of elf kindred..."<BR><BR>She trailed off as the captains looked at her. She was covered in mud but her golden hair shone with silver as the late moon hit her. Her blade she still clutched in her tanned hand. She was not a typical elf. She had worked many long years out at sea so her skin was dark yet fair and smooth. Her golden green eyes were hard and deep as the sea but her face shown with kindness and yet with an age-old glow. She smiled slightly and cleaned her blade, sheathing it at her side.<BR><BR>She looked at the horse the elven maiden was on.<BR><BR>"A fair horse, I must say. Is it yours? He is definately a beautiful one."<BR><BR>She looked over the horse and smiled again, Linte pushed her with his nose and she laughed,<BR><BR>"Do not worry Linte, I will ride no other then you."<BR><BR>She looked back at the captains and the other elf and whispered,<BR><BR>"He's rather jealous of other horses when I talk about them but he is a faithful companion if I've ever had one, and is a dear friend. I would replace him with no other and he knows that."<BR><BR>She turned and stood beside Linte, her head resting on his neck as she patted his back and softly, almost inaudibly sang a quick song, her voice raising and falling with the wind, Linte stood still as she sang and seemed to be sleeping where he stood...
Losthoroniel
Ranger of the North

Postby Kaylin » Mon Dec 23, 2002 7:06 pm

Mae'hriel glanced over to the elven woman who had addressed her and smiled slightly. Elves seemed few and far between these days, espcially here on the battle field.<BR>"Hail to you Kin Cousin. No, I'm afraid this Horse is not mine, though he seems to have no toehr rider as no one has come forth to claim him yet."<BR>She chuckled slightly, a tender musical sound as all elves had. Glancing back towards the battle, Mae looked at the other again.<BR>"Forgive me, but I believe introductions are in order...my name is Mae'hriel Tavari'Illith, I come from the House of Elrond, where the elves have sailed to the west."<BR>She frowned slightly, waiting to see if anyone else had been listening. She leaned over and gently slid down from the horses back, standing next to LN and Linte.<BR>"<i>I admit my comming here was not as normal means would have allowed. I was plagued with dreams of Isenguard, visions of blood being spilled here in the name of claiming Sauron the White as High Lord of Middle-Earth</i>." She spoke in elven, keeping a low voice as she did.<BR>Dreams were often suspect by the Humans, and she did not want to explain the horrible nightmares she'd had because of this, as well as give an explanation to King Eomer and King Aragor about why the Elves had failed to send more people.<BR>"There is much of Saruman's magic left over here and that is also why I came. I am not as powerful or great in standing as Saruma once was, but I have a good knowledge of spells and magic." Mae explained, gently patting the horse that she had picked up. The horse snorted slightly and stuck it's nose out towards Linte, getting a scent for the new horse near him. Mae smiled and looked to Linte, holding out her hand in a gesture of greeting.<BR>"<i>Pleased to meet you Linte..</i>" Mae'hriel spoke in elven to LN's horse, making sure at least he knew she was a friend. Glancing back at King Eomer and the group of capitans, she sighed slightly and then turned back to LN.<BR>"It seems the Lords are indisposed at the moment..perhaps we should take our conversation elsewhere. I do not remember seeing you from the West Lands..but your golden skin tone indicates to me that you instead chose to stay here..." <BR>Mae'hriel smiled. If she had the choice, she would stay here as well. She was beginning to have a fond attachment to the Lands here and she wanted to go back to Rivendell.<BR><BR>Mae's robes were covered from the mud and some goblin blood, from the one who had attacked her earlier. She frowned slightly at the memory, tryingto pick off the dry bits from the teal and blue cloth she wore. There was something odd about Mae'hriel, aside from the fact that her hair was a blue black colour and her eyes were a brilliant terquoise colour, the colour of the Sea after a storm. Everything about her seemed to hint at the essence of the sea, even her temperment should she be able to display it.<BR><BR>Mae'hriel smiled at LN and pulled out a large wafer of Whey Bread, one of the last she held in her pack. Breaking it in half, she offered one half to LN.<BR>"Here...it is not much, but should stave off the hunger pangs until we can sit to eat a meal." She glanced about quickly again and frowned.<BR>"Are we the only elves here?" she asked quietly, ensuring her voice did not rise about the wind as LN sang her song for Linte.
Kaylin
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Reislied » Mon Dec 23, 2002 8:03 pm

"The rain falters."<BR><BR>A harsh voice interrupted Kirin's thoughts. He turned away from his perch atop the cliffs circling Isengard and spoke to his lieutenant. <BR><BR>"Yes, and the sun is fast fading. Now is our chance, Gorun."<BR><BR>As he spoke, a fierce light gleamed in his coal black eyes. The familiar rush of battle entered his body and mind. Together, the two men moved down a hidden path, one of many that littered Curunir's former home. Kirin was the taller of the two by a head but Gorun was greater in body. Stout and strong was Kirin's lieutenant. His limbs were like old oaks, gnarled and thick. In his every stride lay a notion of incredible power. Such was Gorun's strength that in battle he often wielded two great double sided battleaxes, often to great effect. <BR><BR>Kirin, though a fellow Haradrim, looked less impressive, but only when standing beside his lieutenant. He had a hard look to him, all sharp angles and edges. Brown and sun beaten was his skin and his dark hair was dyed a deep red and tied into a braid. He had the natural look of a mercenary...which he was.<BR>The Haradrim had no part in this war. Aside from his band of fellow sell-swords, there were no other of the Haradrim. Kirin had no personal interest in these followers of a long dead wizard or their cause. Hard times had come upon his people since the end of the last great war, and he needed to put food on the table. The followers of Saruman promised riches and that was all that Kirin had to hear. This was simply another job.<BR><BR>The two mercenaries gathered up their troops, mostly consisting of men foreign to them and some Uruk-Hai, and arranged them in groups of 100. Down deep tunnels, burrowing through the cliffs of Isengard and under the very ground, they went. Seven groups of one hundred soldiers each readied themselves on ramps of dirt in the underground darkness. At Kirin's word, they charged the up the ramps as hidden hatches opened above them...right under the feet of the unsuspecting Rorrhim!<BR><BR>They had made camp brazenly in the midst of Isengard, confident that they had fended off most of the followers of Saruman. Now the wild Riders of Rohan started in a panic as they saw the enemy rush amidst them. Gorun of the Two Axes lived up to his name as he slew Rorrhim by the dozen. Kirin was a shadow, clad in black painted armor. He moved stealthily among the Riders, watching for important looking men. Captains and other leaders fell prey to his two wicked long daggers.<BR><BR>It was sheer mayhem and both sides slew their own by mistake in the close quarters and dim light. In the end, the Rorrhim fell back, intent upon regrouping and putting enough distance between them and Kirin's troops so as to give their horses enough space for a proper charge. It was at that precise moment that the Haradrim Captain blew upon his jewel encrusted horn. Archers on the left, archers on the right, archers all along the cliff surrounding Isengard appeared, many of them Haradrim. The rain of arrows destroyed any attempt of regrouping for the Riders of Rohan. Their frontline was decimated and they were pushed back, step by step, further back but not quite out of Isengard. For further back was the largest concentration of Rorrhim and Gondorians were in their ranks. Kirin immediately signalled for withdrawal. Four hundred of his own troops had been killed and to press on would have been suicide. Instead he retreated to the area just inside the cliffside archers range where fresh Uruk Hai troops were now gathering in case the Riders attempted another charge. <BR><BR>It had been a daring move but one that was needed. The surprise of the tunnels and the Uruk Hai's night vision had been a great asset along with the fact that the Riders had not been expecting another attack so soon. They would think twice now before letting their guard down with the setting of the sun.
Reislied
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Rainfield » Mon Dec 23, 2002 9:24 pm

"A messenger from Gondor said that the a company of elves arrived at their sides twelve hours ago," King Eomer said to Rainfield.<BR>"Then some will be here fairly soon, we need their bows," he replied back to his King.<BR>"We need to have your Riders....." King Eomer started but was cut short by the sudden attack by the Haradrim.<BR><BR>"ROHIRRIM," Rainfield yelled out darting torwards his company.<BR>"RAINFIELD!" King Eomer yelled out, not to his captain, but to his friend.<BR><BR>Rainfield roared through the lines, Havi jumped high over the barriars colliding with the Haradrim. Rainfield swung his spear feriously through the Haradrim, riding Havi as hard as he could.<BR><BR>"FALL BACK RIDERS, FALL BACK!" Rainfield yelled to his riders. He looked hard into the night, his eyes lead him through the screams and at a large man swinging two burly axes, he was taking his riders down by the masses.<BR>"Ride Havi RIDE," He yelled as Havi darted straight for the man. One of the mans troops stuck a large spear in the ground tripping Havi, and sent him sliding across the muddy ground. Rainfield's head hit the ground first as he saw Haradrim run torwards him. He rose slowly off the ground, just in time to unsheath his sword and defend himself against the on coming enemies. He blocked the sword of an oncoming enemy and drove his own into the evil mans flesh. He blocked another mans axe and cut the mans head from his body. Rainfield's eyes locked with the man with the axes, and they locked their weapons. The man easily over powered Rainfield, and knocked him away. Havi, after gotten up from the fall, ran full speed at Rainfield. Rainfield blocked a leg shot from the mans axe, then another shot to his arm. Rainfield swung at the mans chest, but missed. The brief moment of time that Rainfield had, he ran straight for Havi and jumped on top of his dark back. <BR>"GO! GO! GO!" Rainfield yelled clutching the horses mane. Rainfield broke through the enemies lines, and rejoined his fellow Rohirrim. <BR>"FALL BACK! FALL BACK!" He yelled as streams of blood flowed down his forehead. Both sides drew back their forces and a moment of peace was shared by both sides. Rainfield rode over to Eomer, and the other captains who were talking with an elf.<BR>"Rainfield," One of the captains said helping him off his horse. <BR>"Your love for your men will drive you to your death if you don't tone it down a bit Captain Dactariun." One of the other Captains said to him. "But it is that love that makes you so effective."<BR>Rainfield nodded to his Captain and friend. "Get a medic over here now," The captain said calling out to the men.<BR><BR>"What is our next move, King Eomer," One of the other Captains asked the King.<BR>The King unrolled a map and placed it on a table,"We've got Gondor on the East and South side, and us on the North and West side. We have a complete circle around them. Get a line of fire set up for our archers. At my signal they will all fire at once, that will get rid of a few. Then we need all our mounted knights to swoop in, and get as many as they can. They will circle back around to the front of the line. Then the archers will fire again, and the riders will swoop in yet again."<BR>"Shall I give the order now?" Asked one of the Captains.<BR>"No, give the men some time. But send another messenger to Gondor's side to give King Aragorn of our plans."
Rainfield
Rider of the Mark

Postby Losthoroniel » Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:10 pm

LN was happy to be able to talk to someone and stopped her song<BR>"It is too bad we are to meet here at battle then in peace amongst the trees" she looked closely at Mae'hriel, "or by the sea."<BR>She smiled slightly and greatfully accepted the bread. Linte's ears flicked in Mae'hriel's direction as he listened to her and he neighed happily, nuzzling her hand playfuly.<BR>"You are good with animals, it is not common for Linte to take a liking to someone when he hardly knows them, even though you are an elf as well, he is somewhat cautious when it comes to others. But now you have earned his trust and if ever you need his help, he will give it to you. Do no ask me why, he has taught himself this."<BR>She gave Linte a skeptical yet comical look and smiled widely then turned to back to Mae'hriel<BR>"I have not introduced myself yet, I am Losthoroniel Nuintarmaiel. I come from Mirkwood but have not been there in many long years. I have spent most of my life by the sea."<BR><BR>She smiled as Linte and the other horse looked eachother over,<BR>"If his owner does not come for him, I am sure he will accept you as his master. He is a valiant horse, that is plain to see. He looks like one of the Rohirrim horses. What do you say?"<BR><BR>She looked at the captains and agreed with Mae'hriel that they should go somewhere else to continue their conversation.<BR>"I do believe there are too busy to speak to us at the moment. And I'm happy to be able to talk to someone during such hard and dark times."<BR>She pulled out a flask that was tied to the inside of her cloak and took a sip, offering some to Mae'hriel.<BR>"It's a rather good drink. Refreshing, invigorating and rejuvanating all at once. Amazing little mixture if you ask me."<BR><BR>She handed the leather flask to Mae'hriel<BR>
Losthoroniel
Ranger of the North

Postby Kaylin » Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:26 pm

A messenger came to Mae'hriel, noting that she was about the only one not carring a visable weapon. Panting heavily, she gazed at her with some alarm.<BR>"Forgive me Elven Lady, but I...we...have need of you. There was a charge against the Rohan Riders from the enemy and some of our troops are wounded badly. We need your healing skills."<BR>Mae'hriel glanced at him with alarm and mounted her horse, to which the stallion pawed at the ground egarly. She quickly tuned to LN and nodded.<BR>"I shall be back as soon as I can..."<BR>And then she rode off, heading to where the messenger had pointed.<BR>She slowed her horse when she got in view of the badly injured Rohan Riders heading back to their side of the field for rest and medical tending. Worried, she glanced about for King Eomer. He was unhurt and this provided some releaif for her.<BR>Quickly dismounting, she scurried over to the more seriously injured riders, whispering the words for her healing spells as she could conjure them. Beads of sweat began to form on her brow as she began to physically starin the limits of her abilities, trying to save all that were seriously or gravely wounded if she could.<BR>Her hands were covered with the thick feeling of blood, the cold air making them sticky and begin to smell.<BR>"So this is war..." she thought to herself, trying hard to keep back the disappointment and dispare she felt at such a loss.<BR>One rider, his shoulder crushed and his guts being held together by little more thana thin covering of bandages, caught her attention. With compassionate eyes she drifted over to him, kneeling by his body as it lay slowly dying on a blanket.<BR>"Lady please..." he coughed up some blood, his breath gasping for air. "I only have need of water...water...please."<BR>Silently, she reached over and grasped his waterskin, uncorking it after she was able to prop him up with her own knees so he could drink. Some of the water spilled forth onto his uniform, staining it a dark colour. He smiled at her, reaching up to touch her face softly with cold hands.<BR>"Does such a beautiful creature of nature wear such a long face for me?" he spoke quietly, an errie air of calmness overtaking him. Mae looked at him and bit her bottom lip, feeling the hot tears roll down her cheeks.<BR>"Yes...because I cannot do anything for you...I cannot...save you.." she whispered quietly, trying to swallow the lump in her throat. He forced a chuckle and smiled slightly, wiping the tears from her face with a dirty and blood soaked hand.<BR>"Nay dear lady...you have done more for me in these last few moments to ease my soul than all the prayers in Middle Earth. I know now that goodness is not lost on the creatures of Middle Earth, that goodness still resideds in the hearts of men." he sighed, his other hand still clutching at his bandages as he began to cough up frothy blood that dribbled out of the corners of his mouth. Mae'hriel used the fabric of her own robes to wipe it away, huddling closer to him to at least keep him warm...or out of fear, she knew not which.<BR>He smiled slightly, drawing his cloak around his body as best he could and holding onto his blade with a grip that would not have it easily removed.<BR>Sometime during the night, his spirit fled from hsi body and when the dawn broke and left the haze of fog and smoke fires in the air, Mae'hriel looked apon the cold palid face of the rider she didn't even know the name of.<BR>"<i>Nef echad-i-sedryn, amrun tavari-athos surinen</i>" she whispered and silently kissed his forehead, setting him gently down and wrapping him tightly in his cloak.<BR>She went back to LN then, her horse near her when she did.
Kaylin
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Kaylin » Tue Dec 24, 2002 6:48 am

When she came back to LN, her heart was a shade on the heavy side, just at the loss of that poor man. Frowning, she took up the flask LN had offered before, allowing the cool drink to sooth the burning ache in her chest.<BR>"I agree...this seems to have calmed me in some sorts."<BR>She looked back to where the majority of the injured soldiers were, shaking her head mournfully and looking back at LN.<BR>"Yes, it is too bad that we had to meet under these conditions, however it adds to the base of the friendship. Haldir always spoke of it too me, before he passed on at Helm's Deep when I was younger. My father was from Lothlorien and I went to visit him frequently. Haldir was a friend and companion-in-arms of my father, thusly he would tell me stories of some of the battles he had lived to see."She hunkered herself down on the grass, taking a blanket from her pack to set out before them. Mae'hriel was trying to fight off a chill she'd recieved from the night and a small fire before them was easily fighting it off. She looked over at LN again and smiled.<BR>"Let's not talk of things past right now...we need to concentrate our efforts on the matter at hand. King Eomer has said that an Elven contingent has made it's way over to the troops of Gondor and King Aragorn. A messenger was sent to go and perhaps ask for the elven archers to help against the advance of the Haradrim."<BR>She looked out towards the aftermath of the battle, analyzing perhaps another strategy with the Rohan Riders or the elven troops should they arrive. Mae'hriel had to actually set herself back for a moment and smile at her efforts. She had very little training when it came to the arts of war, most of her skill was in the magical arts, not with the sword of bow.<BR>Her horse had fallen asleep standing up and Mae'hriel smield up at him.<BR>"Yes, He does seem a good horse. Perhaps when no one claims him, if he is willing, I will keep him." she smiled, not wanting to bother the poor creature. She looked over at LN again and chuckled.<BR>"Well, while we have elven Whey Bread, our steeds have had nothing yet as far as I know. Perhaps we should look for some feed for them." She laughed slightly, tucking her cloak around her shoulders and standing. She offered a hand down to LN to help her up as well.<BR>"This way, we can also find out what the word of the day is...perhaps some rumours..."<BR>Mae'hriel cut herself off as the forrest behind them began to stir and groan. Mae'hriel took a few tentative steps towards it, watching the trees intently. The sounds of the forrest were enough to spook the Allied armies, nevermind Sauron's forces. She listened to the wind as it rustled through the trees and suddenly her frown begame a smile of glee.<BR>"<i>Losthoroniel...The trees! They talk! The Tree Herders! The Tree Herders!</i>" She giggled with glee in elven, nearly jumping back to LN. She could barely contain her excitement at this new development. She had read about how the Ents had first attacked Isenguard when the great Treebeard had discovered what Sauron had done to most of the forrest. Their stirring again meant that they were talking amongst themselves about the war.<BR>"Come...let us send a runner to both Kings...they should be made aware of this."<BR>Mae's eyes sparkled as she took LN's hands and squeesed them tightly.
Kaylin
Citizen of Imladris

Postby dawnnamira » Tue Dec 24, 2002 12:22 pm

<i>Dawn had returned to the Tower after the healing team had treated Retnoch. Lurch was in the cellar, picking out some 'suitable drink', as he called it. Dawn was left alone on the top of the Tower, and she was watching the happenings attentively. <BR><BR>The surprise attack worked, and the enemy forces were driven back. Dawn smiled, but she still regretted hiring the Haradrim. 'Saruman wouldn't have.' She thought to herself. 'But Saruman's gone, and he left me in charge. So, I'm the Mistress of Isengard. And it was my choice to hire them.' She finished.<BR><BR>Lurch appeared, and she accepted the goblet he offered. He took a small sip, and then watched her. She looked at him, trying to still her shaking hand. <BR><BR>Lurch smiled, and then spoke. </i>"The attack was successful." <i>He said, watching the Haradrim group together. Dawn nodded, and then threw the goblet at her feet. </i><BR><BR>"How did I come to receive Saruman's power, his favor, his responsibility?" <i>She asked, sinking to the floor. Lurch remained silent, knowing she didn't want an answer. She recovered quickly, standing in less then a minute.<BR><BR></i>"Snaga!" <i>She called, standing at the top of the stairs. An orc appeared quickly, looking at her. </i>"Yes, Mistress?" <i>He asked, his raspy voice making Dawn cringe. </i>"Tell Captain Kirin that I wish to speak to him at his earlier convenience." <i>She said, turning back to the battlefield.
dawnnamira
Ranger of the North

Postby Reislied » Tue Dec 24, 2002 4:05 pm

The men of Gondor were spreading out their forces in a semi-circle, joining with the Rohirrim. An impressive array of archers were present. To Gorun, it appeared they would go for a sweeping charge after several volleys of arrows. Kirin nodded in agreement, but disagreed on the purpose of the archers. <BR><BR>"I would guess that many of them will attempt to harry our own archers on the cliffs.", he said softly. "If not, they would suffer grievous losses to their horses with every charge."<BR><BR>"And the Riders are nothing if not protective of their horses..." Gorun grunted. <BR><BR>Kirin glanced at his lieutenant. "Your mind is elsewhere, is it not?"<BR><BR>But the big warrior did not answer right away. Instead he stared at the last vestiges of light slowly fading into the horizon. For long moments, there was only the whisper of wind and the muted clamor of soldiers. <BR><BR>Gorun turned to his Captain. "A man tried to best me in single combat today..."<BR><BR>"Rohrimm?"<BR><BR>"Aye. A brave one."<BR><BR>At that Kirin chuckled slightly. "Are you so used to these infernal orcs that you forget the ways of our kind? Of course they are brave. Whatever else one says of these Westerners they are in the end, <i>men</i>. As we are."<BR><BR>The Captain's eyes looked back on fonder times, where he sat with his siblings around the family fire and listened to stories told by the elders. <BR><BR>"I remember..." he whispered, and he stared unseeing into the darkening sky above. "I remember what my father told me once. That in the Last Great Battle, when it was known that the Dark One had fell, that His most faithful servants fled. But men...men like us...they fought to the end even when all was lost."<BR><BR>His reverie was broken by one of the Uruk Hai overseers. They trusted Kirin only so far. <BR><BR>"The Mistress wishes your presence.", the big Orc growled out. <BR><BR>The Mistress...so now I will finally see this woman myself, the Captain thoought. He had not been hired directly, but through agents. Not once had he lain eyes upon his true employer. Admittedly he was curious, but not so much as to be eager to leave the battlefield. Yet, there was nothing to be done about it. He gestured for the orc to wait and took Gorun aside.<BR><BR>"Gorun, how many of our people did we lose?"<BR><BR>By "our" people, Kirin meant his fellow Haradrim mercenaries. They were like family to him. <BR><BR>"Dunarm and Hastir fell, Rilar took hurt and needs healing"<BR><BR>Kirin shook his head. There weren't that many of his own men and he could afford few losses. Thee foreign men he commanded fought well enough, but it was easier to execute his plans with his fellow Haradrim's help.<BR><BR>"Keep them at the ready then." he said. With no further words he followed the Orc messenger. He had the long, easy strides of a life-long soldier and his black armor, now stained with red, made no noise as he moved. Kirin's expression was neutral as he moved past columns of Uruk-Hai and more foreign men. What they saw was a hard bitten man, a merciless assassin with no emotion to mar his narrow, angular face. <BR><BR>That was all Kirin cared to show them. The assassin. The killer. And if it was good enough for these Isengarders, it was good enough for their leader.
Reislied
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Rainfield » Tue Dec 24, 2002 5:12 pm

Rainfield sat on a small bed covered in blood stained white sheets, the medic began work on his forehead.<BR>"You're going to be alright, very easy to patch up this one." The medic said pushing Rainfields hair out of the way from his forehead.<BR>"Is my horse fine, he took a spill back there," Rainfield asked clutching his fist tightly. <BR>"Havi's fine, a bandage around the leg did the trick," the medic said wrapping a bandage around Rianfield's head.<BR><BR>"Captain Dactariun," a soldier said at attention. <BR>"Continue," Rainfield said finishing the wrapping of the cloth around his forhead.<BR>"The armies of Gondor have recieved your attack plan, and they wish to see it through. However they insist that we make a row of archers aimed directly at their archers, catapults, and other long ranged weapons that they have," the messanger from Gondor said.<BR>"At ease soldier," Rainfield said and the soldier relaxed a bit.<BR>"Has the knews been brought to King Eomer?" <BR>"Yes Sir, he insisted that I take it to you, and then you report to him immediatly," the soldier said.<BR>"Very well, tell Gondor that Rohan will follow through with their plans as well."
Rainfield
Rider of the Mark

Postby dawnnamira » Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:01 pm

<i>Dawn stood motionless, her arms clasped behind her back, her legs planted firmly. Lurch stood next to her, his eyes focused on her undemonstrative face. Dawn heard the metal boots of her current messenger climbing the stairs, and she turned toward the sound. <BR><BR>When the orc reached the top of the stairs, Dawn watched it, her face still unemotional, betraying none of the doubt she felt inside. The orc bowed, and Lurch sat down in one of the black cloth seats. Dawn winked at him, then turned her attention to Kirin.<BR><BR>She watched him silently, her eyes almost as black as the armor that coated her body. She took one step forward, and intently studied his black eyes. He met her stare with a defiant stare. Dawn took a step backwards, and laughed. </i>"My choice was good." <i>She said, folding her arms across the white hand that covered the chest of her armor. Her eyes faded to a navy blue, and she seemingly relaxed. <BR><BR></i>"The surprise attack worked." <i>She commented, still studying him. He nodded, not giving her the pleasure of any words, yet. She sat down in the chair next to Lurch's, and stretched her legs out in front of her. </i>"Welcome to Isengard Captain Kirin. I hope you journey here was enjoyable."<i> Lurch spoke, his voice strangely gentle. Dawn nodded. </i>"Indeed. I hope it was." <i>She continued, then took a small sip out of the goblet Lurch had. <BR><BR></i>"It was as good as any journey could be in this day and age." <i>Kirin said, and Dawn stood again. She walked to the edge of the tower, and spoke. </i>"This is an army bred for one purpose." <i>She said quietly, quoting her now enemy. </i>"To destroy the world of men." <i>She finished, then turned on her heel to Kirin. <BR><BR></i>"You're free to go." <i>She said, turning her attention back to the battlefield. When Kirin had left, Dawn turned to Lurch. </i>"How is it that I'm now fighting against my once friend and comrade?" <i>She asked, walking to him. </i><BR><BR>"How is it that we met at that battle?" <i>He asked, standing as well. </i>"Why didn't you kill me then?" <i>She asked him. He shrugged his shoulders. </i>"I don't know. Maybe it was your beauty and fire." <i>He said, grasping her hands. She pulled away. </i>"Whatever it was, I'm glad I didn't meet my death in Helm's Deep." <i>She said, a slight smile on her scarred face. Lurch laughed, then sat back down. </i>"I agree! I agree!" <i>He said, laughter in his voice.
dawnnamira
Ranger of the North

Postby Losthoroniel » Fri Dec 27, 2002 7:12 pm

When Mae returned her face was graven and cold. LN looked at her questioningly as they sat down.<BR>"Is the damage great? I can see that many are ill or are dying but not as many as there would have been if you had not helped him. I mysself am more at ease knowing that you can heal."<BR><BR>She laughed weakly and looked at the horse standing beside Mae.<BR>"He does look tired and I think they do deserve feed. I know of a place not far from here."<BR><BR>LNtook Mae's hand as she stood, thanking her and walked with her and stopped as Mae listened intently to the trees, her heart verjoyed at the news.<BR>"Is it true? They are here?"<BR><BR>She squeezed Mae's hand and jumped with excitement and followed her quickly as they went in search of an officer they could tell the news to...
Losthoroniel
Ranger of the North

Postby Reislied » Fri Dec 27, 2002 7:49 pm

Orthanc was a dark place. Torches were few and far in the musty halls, leaving Kirin almost entirely dependant on the orc messenger to guide him out of the massive tower. Perhaps the Mistress intended it to be so, the grim faced Haradrim thought. <BR>He had barely been able to answer her questions in a half-way courteous manner after overcoming his utter shock that she was an elf; so irritated was he at the fact that this woman had summoned him...for what? A meaningless welcome? To announce that she intended to destroy a world that Kirin was fully part of? Whatever her grand delusions may be, it was no concern of his. But what was was the purpose of telling a man that his world would be destroyed? <BR><BR>It came to Kirin's mind that it could have been to test his loyalty. He snorted in faint amusement. The orc guide turned to him with a questioning frown upon its savage face. Kirin merely gave a curt nod for it to continue. But the orc would have none of it. It bared its rotten teeth and took a step towards the black clad mercenary. <BR><BR>"Do not dismiss me like a servant, red-face." it hissed. It was surprisingly fluent in Westron speech. "You may have the Mistress' favor for now, but when the straw heads and the tarks fall...where do you think we will get more <i>man-flesh</i>?"<BR><BR>Brown spittle dripped from its open jaws as those last words were uttered. The Haradrim found himself taking a step back, one hand going for the hilt of his hidden dagger. The dying light of the torches illumined the orc's vicious features. Oily, pale, mottled skin glistened wetly and the usually dull eyes framed by scraggly strands of hair had a dangerous glint in them. <BR><BR>"Make no mistake.", it continued, jaws opening ever wider, revealing glimpses of red stained teeth. "Our mistress promises us man-flesh...we have not yet had our fill."<BR>In those glittering eyes, Kirin saw the eyes of the Mistress. What once was fair could be so easily molded, twisted, and shaped...<BR><BR>With a last snarl the orc turned and left, leaving a startled Kirin to himself. Luckily, the mercenary found he was not far from the entrance to the tower. He emerged out into the starless night, his mood darker than the sky. Thousands of lit torches and camp fires blazed in a futile effort to match the absent lights of heaven. <BR>He was suddenly struck with indecision. He wished he had never gone into Orthanc, never met that elf-witch, never spoke to that Orc. They had struck at his confidence when he needed it the most.<BR>What on earth was he fighting for? So that this mad-woman's orcs could feed on more men? <BR><BR>"No...", he whispered. No time for such questions. As long as these Isengarders put money in his hands, he would fight. Morals be damned, he would fight to win.<BR><BR>With long, measured strides, the black clad assassin moved through the numberless hordes of orcs and men. A shadow in a land engulfed by shadow, he passed by sentries unnoticed, yet another darkness of Isengard.<BR>_________________<BR><BR>Massive hands clenched into melon-sized fists as Gorun looked with alarm from his watchtower at the movements of the Gondor archers. With a blast from his red painted ox horn, the big Haradrim signalled the hordes of Isengard to assume defensive formation.
Reislied
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Rainfield » Fri Dec 27, 2002 8:16 pm

"Sir the archers of Gondor are following up on your plan," Halerifon, Rainfield's messanger, told Eomer. <BR><BR>"Excellent, line up along our archers, take command of them," Eomer said to Halerifon.<BR><BR>The messanger rode off torwards the line of Rohirrim archers and organized them for the next attack.<BR><BR>Rainfield walked torwards his tent, to sit and rest, but was stopped by a group of men running toward him.<BR>"Captain Dactariun, the archers for both Rohan and Gondor are lining up," they said short of breath.<BR>"Good, gather my riders and tell them to form between the first and fith companys of Rohirrim archers," he said to them, picking up his pace. He walked inside his tent, and grabbed a bag filled with a bow and some arrows.<BR><BR>"Havi," Rainfield yelled out as his horse ran near him. <BR>"To Eomer," he said and the horse dashed off.<BR><BR>Rainfield rode over to the back of the line where Eomer was sitting atop his horse looking out into the battlefield.<BR><BR>"Eomer, were almost lined up. Permission to continue on with plan," he asked his King. <BR><BR>"Yes, make sure you take out their archers on the first attack," Eomer said still looking into the battlefield.<BR><BR>"Yes my lord," Rainfield said and dashed off to the front of the line.<BR><BR>"ARCHERS! Aim for their archers first, we will wait for you to restring, then you will aim for the insides of their armies," he yelled out, riding up and down the lines.<BR>Rainfield stopped, seeing the captains of Gondor and other captains of Rohan raise their swords. Havi stood on his back legs, while Rainfield drew his sword high into the air.<BR><BR>Halerifon, and the other archers all around Isenguard stood with arrows strung on their bows, with the tips blazing with fire. Sweat dripped from their forheads, and the blazing fire off their arrows was a haunting sight.<BR><BR>"FIRE!"
Rainfield
Rider of the Mark

Postby Losthoroniel » Fri Dec 27, 2002 8:28 pm

LN, running beside Mae, stopped dead in her tracks as she heard <i>Fire</i> off in the distance. She looked at Mae then back towards the battle field.<BR><BR>"You go and tell the captains of the news. I will rejoin Captain Rainfield on horseback at battle. Be ready."<BR><BR>With a shout Linte was beside her and se was off towards the battle field. She rode up in a flurry of wind and mud behind the riders as they readied to go back into battle. She could see Captain Rainfield in front of the company with his sword raised, his horse seemed to be frozen in majestic beauty as he raised himself on his hind legs. Linte scanned the area with curious eyes and pawed the ground, his adrenaline rushing back into his veins, awakening his dulled senses of sleep.<BR><BR>LN was feelingthe same thing. Linte's large body trembled beneath her with excitement and her heart quickened its pace. She drew her blade and glared at the enemy, their darkened faces were clustered and they seemed to be a sea of clashing metal and foul stench. She clutched Linte's mane and awaited the Captain's orders when there was a quiver in the ground. The tree herders were very near and she could see the tree line swaying violently as the trees marched silently forward...
Losthoroniel
Ranger of the North

Postby Losthoroniel » Fri Dec 27, 2002 8:33 pm

*EDIT* ... darn double-posts... darn computer...
Losthoroniel
Ranger of the North

Postby dawnnamira » Sat Dec 28, 2002 1:24 pm

<i>Dawn watched Kirin leave the tower, and she probed his mind. 'So,' She thought to herself. 'The Captain thinks I'm an Elf-witch. A once fair thing, twisted and destroyed.' She laughed, and Lurch nodded. <BR><BR>She watched Kirin address one of the other hired men, and smiled. </i>"Say not 'twisted and destroyed' Kirin, captain of men. Say 'molded and perfected'." <i>She said under her breath, and then turned away from the scene.
dawnnamira
Ranger of the North

Postby Reislied » Sat Dec 28, 2002 2:39 pm

Gorun of the Two Axes stood atop a creaky wooden tower and shook his head. He was a Haradrim mercenary, a commander of a sizable force of Isengarders while his Captain was away. A small gust of wind was all it took to make the rickety tower sway back and forth and it had done so all night. Farseers scrabbled for a hold as they lurched and stumbled over each other, but Gorun took nary a step. He had been a sailor for half his life and the movement brought back fond memories of many a sea voyage aboard large red-sailed ships that rocked back and forth along the ever restless sea. <BR><BR>Except it was not the salty ocean that he saw far below, but rather the armored heads of men and orcs and a thousand fiery torches. Three Uruk-Hai Captains joined a human one in bolstering Gorun's depleted forces. The Uruks had the standard of Isengard, the White Hand, smeared onto their brutish faces. Chain mail covered their muscular bodies that more resembled men than the usual orcs. It was said they felt no pain or weariness when empowered by their creator, Saruman the White. Did the same hold true with this new self styled ruler who had taken over that wizard's reigns? The human Captain looked like a Westron man to Gorun. He was clad in riding leathers and a steel helm nestled atop his golden locks. Pale was his skin, and fair his face. There was a cunning intelligence in his brown eyes. <BR><BR>Gorun looked back to Orthanc, its spires blacker than the night, and awaited the arrival of Kirin. Though the big Haradrim was the elder of the two, he had to admit Kirin's was the more strategic mind. But when the scouts returned with report of the now inevitable movement of the enemy, Gorun had no choice but take over. The Uruk Captains wanted little to do with Kirin and even less with his lieutenant, so the Haradrim could not look for help there. But the fourth Captain, a man by the name of Theon, at least agreed to conference with Gorun, though his obvious distaste for the Haradrim was clear. <BR>Both men agreed that the enemy's first course was to rake the cliffside archers. Then a charge by cavalry would follow immediately. With two short blasts and a third, longer one on his ox-horn, Gorun warned the archers to take cover. <BR><BR>Rows upon rows of flames blazed forth along the Gondor and Rohan front lines. <BR>"Flaming arrows..." breathed the Haradrim commander. From his time with Kirin, Gorun guessed that the opposing archers would not then stay focused completely on the Isengard bow men. For there was nothing but stone upon the cliffs, nothing to burn. He mentioned his thought to Theon. The Westron man stood thoughtfully, one hand stroking his beard. <BR><BR>"With enough pitch, they could make a large enough fire." he replied in a bass tone. "It wouldn't be enough to kill off our archers since it can't spread on stone, but it would be devilishly distracting...at least for a short time...."<BR><BR>"Enough time to start a cavalry charge.", Gorun finished. A good tactic and difficult to counter at the moment. The enemy was probably confident in its number of archers for such a plan to work. Gorun and Theon divided their forces into four columns while the Uruks bunched theirs in the front, making a three pronged shield-head. The front line braced their spears into the ground and waited for the charge.<BR><BR>Streams of fire, like comets, sprang into the air, hundreds upon hundreds straining ever higher to the stony cliffs of Isengard. Dozens of flaming figures leaped to their deaths below, but the majority were safe within their havens of rock. The collective roar of a thousand voices raised in a fell song of death, assaulted the ears of the Isengarders. Men collectively flinched and the Orcs snarled in defiance. The earth shook as steel clod hooves struck the bare earth.<BR>The Rohirrim fell by the dozens, but without the sustained charge of the cliffside archers, the mass of their forces came through the kill-zone intact. Steel met steel as riders and spearmen met in a clash of bodies. The frontline wavered...and broke! The Riders had forced their way their way through the first line!<BR><BR>Unstrapping the two enormous axes upon his back, Gorun ran under the cover of land archers, ready to meet the enemy and Theon led a grotesque band of horsemen and Warg riders into the fray. <BR>
Reislied
Citizen of Imladris

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)