Through Moria We Travel To Seek Out Perils Never Known

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby thehobbitfromnowhere » Wed Dec 25, 2002 10:27 pm

Alone, alone, not a friend nor enemy I myself out abroad in darkness searching for noone and everyone all at once. Through miles of murky blackness I wandered, no sounds, no smells, no feelings, nothing, nothing but the darkness which has enveloped me.<BR><BR>For where I am noone knows<BR>In the darkness no light flows<BR>Here am I were life dares not go<BR>Time, darkened, expanding forever<BR>Darkness, timeless, never ending.<BR><BR> This was the message Galandoise the Glimmering message had received, but from whom. "Of course its another wizard who else would contact me from such a place." Galandoise thought to himself. "Well it's settled whoever he is he needs help but the darkness he described may be a powerful force that I myself cannot conefront. Therefore I shall ride from town to town seeking assistance, first I ride to Bree" Galandoise thought and then whistled for his horse Marrent.<BR><BR> So Galandoise rode out to bree and came to the Prancing Pony Inn. There he waited watching for someone, someone who looked as if they had the experience of adventure amongst them...
thehobbitfromnowhere
Petitioner to the Council

Postby SorceressintheGoldenWood » Thu Dec 26, 2002 12:05 am

Raven sat at a dark corner table, right now she wished only to be left alone. The black hood of her cloak hung low, hiding most of her face from sight, the rest of the cloak covered most of her outfit and wepons, except perhaps the sword at her side. Lifting it slowly she brought the pint of ale to her lips, it's taste was bitter, but at least it filled her with a warmth the fire could not bring.<BR><BR>Beneath the shadows of her hood her forest green eyes watched those in the small tavern, drunks mostly, a few folk looked to be of some respectable nature, outsiders most likely. A short and rather over-weight man came over to her table, <i>"Would you be liking more to drink miss?"</i>, the barman's gutteral voice asked. <i>"No, but thank you"</i>, she simply replied.<BR><BR>Raven questioned the thought of going back up to her room, but she knew the silence would only bring thoughts of what she had just done, the reason why she had come to the quaint city of Bree. <i>"It's only a job"</i>, she said quietly to herself. Her life would never be easy, being an assassin. It paid well, of course, but the toil of traveling, killing...all for what? The hefty sum she recived? But for the time it was the best she could do, and should she quit, there wasn't exactly many looking to hire a former assassin.<BR>
SorceressintheGoldenWood
Mariner

Postby thehobbitfromnowhere » Thu Dec 26, 2002 1:10 pm

Galandoise sat watching the crowd for many hours when finally he adressed the barkeep "Innkeep, would you..."the bartender interupted<BR>"Happen to have any rooms avaliable? Yes, yes, of course we do good master only 10 gold and I'll get you sleepin in a mighty fine room"<BR>"No thank you sir, I was going to ask you if you might know if any of the people here might be adventurers or warriors." Gallandoise calmly said, the Innkeeps wide smile lowered to a frown "Oh, thats what you wanted. Well I can't say I know anyone here to be of the adventurous type, but you might try that lady over there in the dark cloak. She hasn't been in here very often, maybe she can help you." the Innkeep said in a low shivering voice, obviously afraid of the hooded figure.<BR>"Thank you good man." Galandoise muttered as he walked towards the hooded stranger.<BR><BR><BR> Galandoise pulled out a chair and sat down at the table with the stranger,"Hello, I'm Galandoise I was going to ask you if you might have some fighting experience" Galandoise said in a hearty voice, but the stranger didn't react, she just kept staring at her glass of ale, probably deep in though. Galandoise took out his pipe and light up some pipeweed, waiting for the mysterious lady in front of him to notice him.
thehobbitfromnowhere

Postby Renctar » Fri Dec 27, 2002 3:07 am

It was raining outside when he galloped up. Ranctar dismounted and tide the rains of his horse deftly around the signpost of the inn.<BR><BR>The <i>Griffens Roost</i>, he had been here before nearly two years before. Rarely did he visit anywhere more often that unless it be rivendell where he spent usualy weeks at a time enjoying the Elves hospitality. <BR><BR>He strode int he front door and shook the rain from the close nit fibers of his cloak. <BR><BR>"Keeper!" He raised his voice slightly over the hubub of the recent patron who saught refuge from the rain.<BR><BR>"Yes? what may you be needin'" The inkeepers poor language made Renctar smile as he lapsed into the dialect.<BR><BR>"I have me horse outside that be in need of a cozy birth for the night, I would 'preciate it if you would see to 'is needs, I'll pay yu' in the mornin' if I judge him properly tended" He grinned at the innkeeper and raised a finger continuing in his usual tone, "I'm sorry I don't mean to mock, I wouldn't mind a pint also, and here is a bit extra for your trouble"<BR><BR>Renctar handed over a dull coin and took a recently vacated chair near the fire. Presently the innkeeper came with his pint and asked if there was anything else. Renctar shook his head and set about warming himself and deciding wether to stay the night. <BR><BR>Glancing around the room his eyes came to rest on an old man in dazzeling apparel talking at an attractive young elvish women at a table in the corner nearest him. Talking "at" for he appeared to have just said something and was looking expectantly at her while she was appeard to ignore him for a moment.<BR><BR>It was not often Renctar incountered men of this guarb other than in Rivendel and other places of equal reputation, and he guessed right off that he must be a wizard, though he could not immagin of what sort. The lady was obviously Elvish and off indeterminable age as Elves tended to be. The wizard's question Renctar had not heard but now he applide himself to discretely evesdropping...
Renctar

Postby Renctar » Fri Dec 27, 2002 3:22 am

(oops double post)
Renctar

Postby Ráca » Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:23 pm

<i>And the wizard could rest assured that it wasn't only Renctar that was eavesdropping. Another Elfess was seated further away, spectating on a card game with little interest - the only humour she showed was when the most arrogant man of the lot lost - and even then the mirth she 'expressed' never reached her eyes. <BR><BR>Tonight, Ráca had something far more interesting to participate in - a noble had approached her some time ago, asking for her to 'acquire' a rather valuable pendant from another that frequented the Prancing Pony. She had accepted the offer, and here she was - keeping half an eye on the temporary owner of the pendant in question, and half an eye on the card game - she was relying on her hearing to inform her of Galandoises' question. <BR><BR><b>Seems desperate...</b> Ráca thought offhand, as she rose delicately from her seat. Careful to keep as much of her Elven heritage hidden as possible (she could count on most nobles being ignorant of race), she made her way up to him as he by the fire, warming himself - right beside Renctar, who she noted as being relatively passive-looking... though those weapons were there for a reason. Somewhere at the back of her mind her conscience informed her that he was also a handsome man... but she had more important things to think about at present. <BR><BR>Reaching his side, she walked quickly and deliberately into her 'target', tripping herself and leaning on him in order to regain her feet. As she did so, her slender hand dipped in and out of his cloak, reaching speedily into the cloak pocket of her victim and retirieving the pendant. He should have known better, flashing it around earlier like some sort of party trick...</i><BR><BR>"'Scuse me, sir... not lookin' where I'm goin'... right clumsy, I am.."<BR>"No problem, young lady..."<BR><BR><i>Ráca prevented herself from smirking, and righted herself, offering the noble she had just robbed a shy curtsey - looking around, she saw Renctar looking directly at her. <BR><BR>Thinking some colourful four-letter words, she put a finger to her lips as she walked off, her eyes remaining on him. Reaching her seat once again, she raised her tankard to the man that just watched her rob the noble before listening once again to the interesting conversation between the Elfess and the Wizard.<BR><BR><b> That was far too easy...</b> she thought to herself. That man could say something, and then she'd have to start a brawl.... which would be fun, but she had other things to do...
Ráca
Rider of the Mark

Postby Renctar » Fri Dec 27, 2002 3:27 pm

<i> Clever, lucky he’s a noble though </i><BR><BR>Renctar returned the toast and sat back once more, releasing his tensed muscles. He recognized the lift as a job; not often did a seemingly high-grade thief happen to be in the same room with a high-grade object like that.<BR><BR>If it were just a pickpocket Renctar liked to think he would interfere, after all, a slap on the wrists, a boot out the door, and the thief would steal again another day. For a professional hired thief such interference was far more serious to their livelihood. There was line Renctar observed between illegal thievery and legal thievery.<BR><BR>The wizard had pulled out a pipe and begun to smoke, not the best way to impress someone with a proposition he thought, blowing smoke in their face right after. But then whatever it was, it was probably of no concern to him. He was far more interested in the Elfish thief. He figured she would be very attractive provided the somewhat mutilated spoken apology was not in fact her native tongue.<BR><BR>He would have to speak with her further before he left he decided, though for the time being he would enjoy his pint, the low drone of conversation around him, the warmth of the fire, and of course eavesdropping on that wizard’s conversation that captured his ear.<BR>
Renctar

Postby Ráca » Sat Dec 28, 2002 4:43 am

<i>Ráca sat back in her seat, waiting for the moment she now knew would arrive - several of her victim's 'acquaintances' had arrived, and she knew that he would want to show off what had just been removed from him. This was going to be amusing...<BR><BR>As prophesised, he reached inside his cloak after a moment, his friends gazing expectantly at him. Shortly, Ráca grinned to herself as she spotted his face change, his forehead creasing into a frown as he reached around inside the now vacant pocket. Increasingly angry, he realised he had been robbed. </i><BR><BR>"Some man - some thief, has taken my pendant!" <i>He exclaimed, looking around in fury as if looking for the culprit. Ráca restrained herself from chuckling. There was only one thing that bigots like that could be used for - they would <b>always</b> assume that it was a man that had done them such a wrong.<BR><BR>The brief smile on Ráca's features faded, however, as the noble turned to glare at Renctar. He had seen... and if the noble accused him... Standing sharply, she wound her way remarkably quickly across the room, stopping in front of the noble. She made the most of her remotely curvatious figure, making sure that he noticed her completely. Placing a soft hand on his shoulder, Ráca flicked a lock of copper curls past her shoulder, thinking quickly. She just hoped that the witness would quieten down...</i><BR><BR>"S'cuse me sir - sommat wrong? You don't look too 'appy, mefinks..."<BR><BR><i>The noble paused a moment to look her up and down, turning to his friends to seek their opinion on the attractive peasant woman. As he turned, Ráca raised an inquisitive eyebrow at Renctar, flicking her eyes to the noble, and putting a finger to her lips. He wouldn't assume the thief to still be here - and especially not for the thief to approach him...</i><BR><BR>"Yes, young Lady - I fear I have been robbed... a most valuable possession of mine has been stolen, and I believe that that man over there has stolen it."<BR>"But he can't 'ave, beggin' your pardon..."<BR>"And why not?"<BR>"'cause I've been watchin' 'im since he came in 'ere, and he ain't moved!"<BR>"You were watching him?"<BR><i>Ráca grinned shyly, and offered a coy wave to Renctar.</i> "He's pretty fine-lookin', dontcha fink? I knew 'im from my old village, and 'e wouldn't steal anyfink!"<BR><i>The noble looked confused, and turned away.</i> "Well, you'd better keep him out of my way, them. A shady-looking fellow... and if I find the pendant on him..."<BR><BR><i>Ráca didn't stay to hear the rest. She offered a blown kiss to the noble, and moved over to Renctar. Now she had bitten the bullet and said that she knew him, she would have no choice but to go over. Sitting at his table, she looked towards the floor in a mock show of shyness, and muttered,</i><BR><BR>"Looks like I know you temporarily... Just for long enough to get the nobles drunk..." <i>She looked over sharply, before returning her gaze to Renctar.</i> "Which shouldn't be long, seeing as he's determined to 'drown his sorrows...'"
Ráca
Rider of the Mark

Postby Renctar » Sat Dec 28, 2002 1:45 pm

He watched the scene unroll with great amusement out of the corner of his eye. He only looked up once to return the wave and nod to the nobles. As she came over he made a small show looking surprised yet happy.<BR><BR>"Looks like I know you temporarily... Just for long enough to get the nobles drunk..." <i>She looked over sharply, before returning her gaze to Renctar</i> . "Which shouldn't be long, seeing as he's determined to 'drown his sorrows...'"<BR><BR>“Aye so it does,” Renctar studied her face a moment and went on laughing slightly, “I suppose I owe you a debt of gratitude, I would hardly want to have to leave this warm room suddenly, and seeing as how you have saved both me and my ale the trip, I thank you”<BR><BR>One or two of the noble’s friends were still eyeing him suspiciously as blame still needed to fall on some bodies shoulders before the night ended and they could sleep peacefully. “Seeing as how we used to know each other, I suppose we could do with a little reacquainting. My name is Renctar formerly of Rohan”<BR>
Renctar

Postby Ráca » Sat Dec 28, 2002 2:46 pm

<i>Ráca grinned despite herself, warming to the man immediately. Taking a mouthful of the Ale she had brought over, she took the opportunity to study him, coming to conclusions about his occupation, his financial state, etc. Placing her tankard back down on the table, her eyes flicked to the side, spotting the Nobles spectating. Looking down, she winked at Renctar and offered a moderately loud, feeble-brained giggle, which worked better than she had expected - it even made her smile.</i><BR><BR>"The name's Ráca - Ráca Layla, of no particular region. Pleased to meet you, Renctar." <i>She grinned at him, and canted her head to one side in order to look past him, back to the Wizard and his Elven acquaintance. His eyes followed the direction hers were looking, and she looked back at him.</i><BR><BR>"Looks like our interests are the same, Renctar... It isn't often that a wizard frequents an Inn such as this. Apparrently he's looking for people with 'fighting experience'... Which does sound moderately interesting, though he'll probably end up attracting the wrong sort of 'warrior' for his needs..."<BR><BR><i>For someone entering an Inn, wearing relatively expensive clothes, would be an immediate signal to any mugger or thief. If Ráca's guesses were right, then he would probably do very well for himself in a conflict - but even so...
Ráca
Rider of the Mark

Postby Renctar » Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:27 am

(Heh, anybody else aboot aside from me and Ráca here? ^_^ )<BR><BR>Renctar surveyed the woman sitting across from him yet again. She was indeed attractive and sharp of mind no mistake. Not often did he find such traits traveling hand in hand. But then she was Elvish. The thing that truly surprised him was the choice of occupation.<BR><BR>“Aye that he will, but as you say, I worry little for his safety,” he Ráca a rye smile, “Wizards business, in my experience it is not the most pleasant sort. While it is usually among the most profitable the road is usually the most dangerous”<BR><BR>Renctar all but abandoned trying to listen to the wizards talk in lea of much more interesting conversation at his own table. Renctar summoned the keeper over and asked for another pint.<BR><BR>“Another pint if you have one to spare and one for the lady as well,” The keeper nodded and walked back to the bar, “I confess I am curious, how is it that and elf and if I may, one of your seemliness, find herself in your particular line of work. For I’m sure that tale is much more interesting than my own”…<BR>
Renctar

Postby SorceressintheGoldenWood » Sun Dec 29, 2002 9:42 pm

Raven looked up, the dim light showing the twisted smile on her face, <i>"Some fighting experience? That would be a harsh understatement. Belive me, I am no child to the sword"</i>, she replied.<BR><BR>She looked now to those watching them, <i>"I would have thought a Wizard to know how to travel more unnoticed. Already you have eyes upon you, they watch me also"</i>, she said in a hushed voice. Without a sound she rose from her chair, <i>"Pardon me, Galandoise"</i>, she said as she pased behind his chair. Then taking a chair from another unused table she sat down with her watchers, but she did not hide that she was well armed as she usally did. They should know whom they watched, and that she did not take kindly to being spied upon.<BR><BR><i>"Might I ask to whom you are?"</i>, she asked both of them. Raven turned to the female, <i>"It is not oft I see one of my own kindred in here, and with such a job as a...thief"</i>, saying the last word very silently.
SorceressintheGoldenWood
Mariner

Postby Renctar » Mon Dec 30, 2002 1:16 am

“Ah, it would appear there is another with eyes in their head, it is not often you find so many in one room, unless you be in Rivendel were you cannot scratch your wrist without having the hole host offer you ointment for the burn,” Renctar grinned and dipped his head slightly, “Renctar I am dubbed”<BR><BR>Renctar was mildly impressed this elf had picked up on their observing. He imagined they he for his part hadn’t been as careful as he should, but then he had been surprised enough to find one sharp minded inhabitant, in Ráca, already in this inn. He moved his cloak to cover his sabre so it was out of sight and out of mind, and leaned back in his chair, smiling briefly at Ráca.<BR><BR>“And you? Seeing as you have joined us, might I enquire after your title?” Renctar asked turning back to Raven, “And if you don’t mind me asking, who is your former company?”…<BR>
Renctar

Postby Ráca » Tue Dec 31, 2002 8:31 am

<i>Ráca nodded to Raven, a slow smile reaching her features - yet the cold harshness of one in whom full trust could not be placed had returned. Strange, that for brief moment it had vanished.... but seeing one of her own 'kind' - meaning occupation, not race - had brought back to her the true meaning of caution.</i><BR><BR>"Ráca is my name - 'Wolf' to my enemies, for an obvious reason. I am a mercenary of Gondor." <i>Turning momentarily back to Renctar, she murmured,</i> "That, I'm afraid, is a story that shall have to wait for a friendlier time - as shall yours, though I am just as inquisitive to hear it."<BR><BR><i>Looking down briefly, she placed the pendant she had filched in a pouch at her belt, and looked back up at the pair.</i> "There was originally only one reason why I travelled this far.... generally I travel for my own needs, not for anyone elses. However..."<BR><BR><i>Her dark eyes drifted over to Galandoise, and a brow lifted in a silent comment that both of her 'acquaintances' could guess. There was nothing really to keep her here... and seeing as she had enough money to see her through the oncoming winter, she deemed it time that she went on a little 'trip' of her own. Maybe this was the opportunity she had been waiting for...
Ráca
Rider of the Mark

Postby thehobbitfromnowhere » Tue Dec 31, 2002 12:07 pm

Galandoise stood up and walked over to the other three "Well if I'm not being of trouble to my eavesdroppers I'd like to know your names, and if you were so interested in what I said you should of come and adressed me." Galandoise said softly "I should also like to know why you stole that amulet, although I won't rat you out to the noble you have so kindly "relieved" of his property" Galandoise added. Gandalf blew a ring of smoke into the air and then some smoke shaped like an arrow through the ring.
thehobbitfromnowhere

Postby Renctar » Tue Dec 31, 2002 8:11 pm

“As to the first question, I wasn’t entirely interested in what were talking about, seeing as how I missed the first part,” Renctar winked at him, “But seeing as how it seems to have suddenly come to me, I guess I might inquire now. I am Renctar and I must say it is not often I give that name out so many times in one day. What is it good wizard that brings you here on such a day, or any day for that matter?”<BR><BR>The smoke ring with the arrow passing throw it suddenly deformed and dissipated like regular smoke, Renctar didn’t think it too wise to be drawing to much attention to their conversation and as such things the wizard could might gather a crowed, he stopped this one…<BR>
Renctar

Postby Ráca » Wed Jan 01, 2003 4:24 am

<i>Ráca looked up at Galandoise, meeting his eyes with a challenging glare. There was inquisitive, and there was troublesome - most knew not to question the acts of a mercenary. And as for the smoke... some had seen it - as well as the strange garb - and had put two and two together. Wonderful... there were plenty of individuals in the Inn this night of such spectacular stupidity as to assume they could take a Wizard on, and win...<BR><BR>Her head swivelled sharply over to look inquisitively at the noble.... who had heard the conversation. He had said that he'd be keeping an eye on Renctar - and he looked like he had been keeping an eye on the rest of the group, too...<BR><BR>Standing from her seat abruptly - conscious of the nobles watching her every move, she spoke quietly to Raven in her mother tongue, relying on her to translate the sindarin words for the Ranger and the Wizard. Raven, she assumed, would know what Ráca would do now.... she had no choice, after that.</i><BR><BR>(Translation: )<BR>"You didn't <b>need</b> to rat me out... they were eavesdropping. And as for why... you should know - being one of the Maiar. A Mercenary is paid to do jobs for other people..... and believe me, the pendant isn't even his."<BR><BR><i>She stood to leave momentarily, catching Renctar's eye and raising an eyebrow at him.</i> "I'll be back soon.... those nobles will start a fight in here, if I don't get them outside first."<BR><BR><i>She nodded to the group, and left the Inn slowly, spotting the nobles leave their seat and follow her in the reflection of a tankard. Getting into the alleyway outside she stopped and turned around as she heard them say,</i> "You worthless chit! YOU stole my pendant!" <BR><BR><i>Ráca strongly resented being labelled as a 'lady of the night', and brought her hands up in front of the nobles, her face a carefully disguised mask of fear.</i><BR><BR>"Please, gents... I need the money, dunn I?" <BR><BR><i>Unable to resist the bait, she added slyly,</i> "And my 'client' needs his pendant back."<BR><BR><i>The nobles swore and chased her down the street - but Ráca was fleet of foot, and knew the backstreets like the back of her hand. Swerving past a corner, she flattened herself to the wall and watched them run past - turning, she ran back the way she had gone, ducking into an alley leading to the back of the Inn. Nimbly, she took a running jump at a cart, and used it as a base, in order to swing through an open window, and into a room on the second storey of the Inn.<BR><BR>Landing on her feet, she stood, brushed her clothes down, and walked out of the room, down the stairs, and back into the Inn via the back. The innkeeper frowned at her as she entered, but she just grinned at him and seated herself back at the table. </i><BR><BR>"They'll spend the rest of the day looking for me."<i> She commented, the brief flicker of a triumphant smile playing on her lips.</i><BR><BR>"My name, wizard, is Ráca... forgive me for that little distraction, but I'd rather lose them out there, than have to kill them in here. There are people trying to eat in here, after all..."
Ráca
Rider of the Mark

Postby thehobbitfromnowhere » Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:24 am

Galandoise looked to the door and then back at Raca "Well that was interesting Raca, and thanks for the name. And as for you Renctar I am here on important buisness, which under the prying eyes of everyone I wont mention perhaps we should go to my one of the Inns rooms to dicuss this further." Galandoise said as turned and walked toward the hallway lined with rooms on either side and then turning into the second one on the right.
thehobbitfromnowhere

Postby +*^*Syxx-Wormtongue+*^*+ » Thu Jan 02, 2003 2:26 am

<i>The rain had begin to come down in torrents just outside the inn. It was the kind of rain that managed to soak everywhere; including the back of one's neck, where it was most unpleasant. To try and reduce this discomfort, the figure that was bent double riding on the back of a bony horse reminded themselves only of a warm drink of some kind at the inn nearby. She coughed a little and dug her heels further into the exhausted horse.<BR><BR>Finally, she made it, and after leaving the horse in a shabby little stall, she made her way towards the inn. The figure was a skulking, pale looking figure dressed all in black... which, for one side of her family, was not a rare thing. She grasped pale, soaking hands together, and opened the door to the inn.<BR><BR>It had been a long time since she had been into this part of Middle Earth. She did not stray far from where she had been raised, be it a cold, dark, cruel place. This woman, who, on sight, looked inhuman, not unlike her father, was the daughter of Grima Wormtongue. <BR><BR>Languishing in the hangings of a broken desire, this woman sought out traitory alone to feed her hunger for love. She could never get close to any one, and so, had adopted a similar role to what her father had; to lie.<BR><BR>And now, as the bright, sharp light of the inn broke over pale blue eyes, she pulled back the hood of her cloak. Soaking, coal black hair framed a pale white face, with lips, blue and cold as ice. She smirked to herself alone, and hobbled over to the barman. She ordered herself a warm drink, and sat alone in a corner table. <BR><BR>From then on, she could sense it. Blood would be spilt tonight...</i>
+*^*Syxx-Wormtongue+*^*+

Postby Renctar » Thu Jan 02, 2003 3:25 am

Renctar sighed exasperatedly and stood. He almost intended to walk right out of the inn and sleep on the road. Just then a figure entered, its pale features set of by its dark clothing. Behind it through the door he caught a glimpse of the redoubled rainfall. A night on the road would not be pleasant, besides his curiosity over the part of the conversation he had heard before it got complicated got the better of him.<BR><BR>“Well I want and answer or two,” He shrugged at the two elf women and proceeded after the wizard saying over his shoulder, “Thank you Ráca, I was not looking forward to drawing steel tonight”…<BR>
Renctar

Postby Ráca » Thu Jan 02, 2003 7:04 am

<i>Ráca nodded to Renctar, turning suddenly and following his gaze to where Syxx now sat. Recognition flickered in the back of her mind, and she placed a hand on Renctar's shoulder, muttering quietly,</i><BR><BR>"Give me a moment... I'll be up soon."<BR><BR><i>Her tone seemed faroff, as if she was speaking froma long way away... something else was imposing upon her thoughts - something dark, that she would rather not think of. She didn't look back to check if Raven was feeling the same way... she trusted her own instincts, and they told her that something was seriously wrong with <b>something</b>.<BR><BR>Without another word, she walked purposefully across the Inn, purchasing another ale at the bar and seating herself by the table across from where Syxx was sitting. Taking a mouthful, she remarked - seemingly to herself, though actually directed at Syxx -</i><BR><BR>"Such strange occurrences... danger upon the roads, trouble in the cities, and such a strange collection of people in one Inn at the same instant... not least the progeny of a man as infamous as that..."
Ráca
Rider of the Mark

Postby +*^*Syxx-Wormtongue+*^*+ » Fri Jan 03, 2003 7:16 am

"Ah." <i>Syxx's cold, harsh sounding voice came from cold, harsh sounding lips. Her speech was never pleasant, or like song; which was not what could have been said for Ráca's. She laughed silently to herself for a few seconds, and then, looked up at the mercenary. She had heard of these folk, theives was all they were, pretending to be something more... not believable, in Syxx's eyes. She still sat, bent double, wheezing a laugh slightly... She had come to </i><b>this</b> <i>inn in particular. It was here that she would seek them...</i><BR><BR>"Seems odd indeed." <i>Syxx spoke again. She was rasping with laughter. </i>"That Ráca Wolfsong, of the band of mercanaries, should come across her old foe... Syxx Wormtongue. The woman of calliberated blood... Isengard... versus Rohan." <i>Syxx's face was set. There was pale fire blazing in cold eyes. </i>"Strange. We meet at the lighting of the fire; the dawn for our quarrels to be left..." <i>Syxx was speaking in barely more than a whisper, but every word was caught by Ráca. The harsh reality made the hairs on the back of her neck prickle slightly... </i>
+*^*Syxx-Wormtongue+*^*+

Postby thehobbitfromnowhere » Sun Jan 05, 2003 11:40 am

Galandoise sat on a chair in the room as he watched Renctar walk in "If you really are wondering the reaseon I'm here is because of a message I received, sent by magic. I don't know whom it was from but it was very urgent and it seemed to come from Moria. I'm here looking for able fighters to come with me into the deep darks of Moria to search for the individual who has been swollowed by the darkness which lies in the darkest depths of middle-earth." Galandoise said as Renctar entered the room. <BR><BR> "Renctar here I can see you are a person who is of the caliber I seek, I ask you now will you be one of our group which shall travel through Moria seeking perils never known to anyone before?" Galandoise asked Renctar his voice becoming very deep and suttle. Renctar could hear the need in Galandoises voice, he could tell that the quest layed before him would be perilous and that it was of great importance. The call to adventure layed before him by Galandoise the Glimmering wizard <BR>was left for him to decide whether he would risk the task that the old wizard had asked of him...
thehobbitfromnowhere

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Sun Jan 05, 2003 7:27 pm

"I can not say untill I know somethings more," Renctar leaned against the wall, hoping the others would join him shortly and he would not be made to make such a desiscion blindly, "You do not know who sent the message? was it sent to you or did you simply recieve it?"<BR><BR>He did not like the sound of it at all. On one had what evil would send a message simply to luer unwarry people into its depths, there would be no purpose, perhaps it was someone in need of help. On the other, there may be more to this Wizard and some evil may truely seek him.<BR><BR>It made no sense still with what he had so far been told.<BR><BR>"What about were? it is a big place. And can you be sure it is genuin? It could be a trap. Help me to understand these things"...
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Sun Jan 05, 2003 7:29 pm

(ooc: this is actually Renctar, this is an older acount I'm using at the moment)
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)