The Ossiriand Adventures: Silmarillion RPG

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby galadralorean » Fri Jan 31, 2003 2:52 pm

All right, I'm not the best at RPing, but this is an attempt. My character is a boy elf named Telefírien, of the Ngoldoli, who has left the lands of Beleriand and gone to explore the lands of Ossiriand to the South. The general time period is before the Battle of Unnumbered Tears, but it doesn't really matter. Just feel free to jump it out of the woods...<BR><BR> Telefírien strode carlessly down the ancient path, which went through the towering pines and maple of the forest. In between the branches of the seven rivers lay beautiful country, full of great forests and fields full of long grass and brilliant wildflowers. The light of the sun was distilled into amber beams that shone beetween the trees on the tamped earth of the path. Telefírien was hoping to make it back to his flet, the one he had built for roaming about the lands. <BR><BR> - galadralorean
galadralorean
Ranger of the North

Postby galadralorean » Sat Feb 01, 2003 9:28 am

In the treetops the birds sang uproariously to the sunlight, sinking into the West. Telefírien climbed up the narrow stairway that had been crafted onto the tree trunk, with careful style. It had taken nearly a <i>loa</i> to build the whole thing, a season of autumn. Telefírien looked out from the platform where his bed lay, a pallet in one corner with a low rail, the only wall other than a screen at the back, up against the tree.<BR><BR> Telefírien had heard rumors of other elves and even the edain near his flet, but he had not met any of them yet.
galadralorean
Ranger of the North

Postby Legolasgirl88 » Sat Feb 01, 2003 11:04 am

A figure on a white horse rides towards the forest from the opposite end in a fast gallop. the white horse runs as if it is flying above the ground. The figure on the white horse was one of a girl an elf girl . her black hoded cape hides the look of the girl as she goes into the forest jumping over a log. The horse dogges tree after tree bush after bush as she rides on hard. thr girl looks in every direction for a shortter way out. spotting a flowing river as it sparkels from the sunset likediamonds she slows her horse down to a trott then to a complet stop. she slids off her horse and pets it and giving it an appel from her saddel bag. She walks towards the river as each step she takes the sound of dead leafs crunch under each step she takes. she looks left to right then approaches the river and cups her hands and puts them in the cold river and sipping the water slowly ready for any danger that might be lurking in this forest.
Legolasgirl88
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Erinion » Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:06 pm

OOC: You might want to make an Out Of Character topic to keep track of the story and stuff.<BR>______________________________<BR><BR>Eyes of a gray, cold and clear as a stream in winter, looked long and hard at this newly-come stranger. He was not of the moriquendi, only heightening Earen's suspicion. <BR><BR>Earen was a hunter, and skilled among the Sindarin for he had learned much from Beleg the Strongbow, he who is named the greatest of all woodsman. Indeed, Earen was of the Green Elves who were driven from their homes in Ossiriand by Morgoth's hordes. He had been but a child but the memory of that day was ever fresh. Weary and beaten, he had at last made it to the refuge of Doriath. There he waited in vain for his mother and father. Long days he spent alone in the wilderness, refusing comfort from all. Yet, one day Beleg found him.<BR><BR>Beleg Cuthalion! No wilderness could confound him! No thrall of Morgoth could ever hope to slay him! And in later days the name of Strongbow would be heard throughout the land. In hope and gladness by Men and Elves, in fear and loathing by Orcs. <BR><BR>But for now, Beleg took pity upon the grieving child and spoke thus.<BR><BR>"Would you hide then in the darkness forever? For know that Morgoth is lord of the dark and he will find you. But a path lies before you. It will not be easy, but should you endure, then dearly shall the orcs pay for their bloody hands."<BR><BR>Long years passed and Earen grew swiftly under the occasional tutelage of the Strongbow. He was taller now than those others of the Green Elves, though his body still retained the slight frame. Yet great strength lay hidden beneath him. Roaming far and wide, hunting for the orcs and even greater horrors that lay ever outside the borders of Doriath, Earen became to be like steel. He saw less and less of Beleg as the days passed but he knew the Strongbow was proud. <BR><BR>In the end however, he and the Strongbow at last parted ways. Earen longed to see the land of his childhood again and was resolved to do deadly battle with all manners of horrors until the day Ossiriand would be safe for his people once more. Now he was become a hard, silent hunter, with a sword in hand and a fierceness in his heart. <BR>Earen had not been to this part of Ossiriand in a while and he happened upon a flet. Thinking it was the work of his kindred, he was tempted to pass by. But he noticed the style was not exactly right. It looked different somehow from those of the Green Elves. Earen had proceeded to take a better observation and began climbing a tall fir opposite the tree the flet was built upon. He hid amongst the branches near the top most point and watched. <BR>Thus he found the strange Noldo. <BR><BR>Now Earen had no personal grief against the Noldor, but from residing in Doriath he had taken little liking to those seven sons of Feanor and he wondered whether this Noldo was of those people. He stood up and walked lightly along the branch of the fir tree, then nimbly hopped over to the flet. If nothing else, Earen was sure of foot. There he stood, lean and tall, gray eyes almost clear in the light of the noon sun. The wind blew, swaying long strands of brown hair into his fair yet grim face and his tattered gray cloak fanned out behind him. He held no weapon in his hands, yet two short sheathes there were at his side and a sturdy ash bow was strapped to his back.<BR><BR>"Hold!" he called out in a clear, ringing voice. "Who are you and what business have you in Ossiriand?"
Erinion
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Legolasgirl88 » Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:34 pm

* she took one last sip of her water then stood up as her hood fell down as the girls silver long brown hairmoves steadly in the winds breeze. she heard the voice and did not move her green emerald eyes darting around bush or tree she swiftly takes her bow in hand with an arrow by her side* <BR> I am Latherin a servant from my lady Galadriel. I wondered into these woulds to excape from some goblins from mount Airabesk. I did not know that people lived in these woods <BR>*she walks up to the river jumping from rock to rock soflty and quietly as she makes her way to the other side as she trys to find out where the voice came from. She turns toward her horse* venir Farni<BR> * she says to her horse as it jumps over the river and to her side*
Legolasgirl88
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Erinion » Sat Feb 01, 2003 1:47 pm

Earen heard an answer, but not from the Noldo. Someone else was in the woods, far below the flet. The hunter went to the side of the tree home and gazed downwards. There indeed, besides the meandering arm of a river, was the elf maiden who claimed to be a servant of Galadriel. A white horse stood with her as she nocked an arrow to her bow. But he made no reply. Instead he stared questioningly at the Noldo.
Erinion
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Legolasgirl88 » Sat Feb 01, 2003 2:37 pm

* she stops feeling a precence of something around. she took the wrains of her horse and started to walk with it liesting carfully for any noise that she might her as the wind russels the leafs and her hair blows back. the leafs crunch and twigs snap each step she takes her horse close behind*
Legolasgirl88
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Llinos » Sun Feb 02, 2003 9:20 am

Through the forests of Ossiriand rode the maiden, upon the steed wreathed of golden flames, upon her mantel was a crown of mithril, simple it was entwined with green of the forest, her hair all of the same hue born by the rising sun flowed down her elegent frame as she moved on, drapped in green she blended subtly in with the world around as deep emerald eyes gazed out observing the land that was her home. She was Llinos daughter of Denethor Lord of her ancient race the Laiquendi, they were the people of song, the wanderers of the forest in which all creatures were their friends, their land named Lindon meaning "Land of Song" this name was given to them by the Noldor. The Golden steed went by the name of Maeglim, thus he bore Llinos named by her people the Lady of the Dawn for from her they saw the radiance of light only thhe rising sun coudl give the emerald forest.<BR><BR>So it was that she rode past one great tree that had been tampered with, Maeglim stopped his silent pace as his rider looked to the canopy above were the elf Telefírien lay unknown to her below. The linnet stuck a merry note as the Lark joined him, both friends to the Laiquendi they sang for this their Lady, and as the little Linnet dived to Llinos it was caught in a beautifull song, it's voice ringing clear in deligh for it was after the Linnet that Llinos was named.<BR><BR>Distracted by the agile bird it was sometime before the Maiden slipped from her steeds bare back and turned her face to the heavens, her soprano voice echoed, as melodic as the Linnets song, questioning those who had entered these woods, the realms of the Laiquendi and her Father the King of those people of the forest.<BR><BR>"Who carves this ancient tree and takes refuge in it's bows? I see clearly thou are not of my Kin. Show yourself to I and explain why you have entered my realm."<BR><BR>Her voice soft yet questioning, was filled with no hate or anger for thus the Laiquendi never felt, yet it rang with clear merriment for she knew no evil was in these lands but curiosity had driven her to question this arrival. Clear eyes glittered with the tendancy of her joyous race, as she awaited a reply from he who slumbered above. Maeglim tossed his powerfull visage before turning, his safron coat gleaming with the last rays of sun that reach through the vast canopy, thus he lowered his muzzle to grace peacefully at the rich foiliage as the birds leapt from bow to bow, their songs more beautifull by the minute now the Lady of the Dawn was in their presence, all wished to be heard by her.
Llinos
Ranger of the North

Postby galadralorean » Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:19 pm

OOC: I'll start that thread up, Eären.<BR>----------------------------------------<BR><BR>Telefírien looked down from his flet, guising his face in the thick green of the oak tree. He had heard the sound of hooffalls on the forest floor, careful steps, as the horses of elvenmaids. He not seen but a few other beings in the forest for well over a season, and now summerwas in high season.<BR><BR>Another male elf was there, too, he could tell. His ear was closely atuned to the sounds of his stretch of the forest, so that he could detect even the footfalls of the elf, who must have been well-taught in woodcraft.<BR><BR>Voices spoke out on the ground, two of the elves identified themselves. One was a handmaid to Galadriel herself, the legendary Lady of Light. Telefírien had heard of her, but he had never gotten to chance to see her. He had been a founder of Gondolin, but before the command had gone out for secrecy, he had left to see the wider lands of Middle Earth and the wonders of the forests. Long had it been since the Ngoldoli had left the Blessed Lands, but it was still fresh in his memory, that perilous crossing of the Ocean and the Kinslaying.<BR><BR>More hooffalls came through the forest, and a female voice, songlike and mellifluous, ordered him in a tone nonetheless stern. She asked of his building in the trees, as though she ruled the wilds of Ossiriand. Never before had Telefírien heard of Llinos, as he perceived in his mind her name to be.<BR><BR> "I am Telefírien, a Noldor elf, far from the lands of Fëanor and his sons. Who be you to claim these lands, lady?" said Telefírien, leaping casually from the high tree. Catlike he landed, his legs bowing briefly before he took in the full view of the forest. <BR><BR> Two elven women stood there, beside great steeds. A male elf, of light and tall, but no less imposing lineament stood there just below his flet, sullenly looking up. His face had changed briefly at the mention of the sons of Fëanor, but it passed back to the passive look of a practised warrior. <BR><BR> Telefírien knew that no elf had harmed another for centuries, but nonetheless his hand slid down to the beautfully inlaid hilt made in the great Dawrven city at Belegost. The blade was atom-keen, made of mithril and special blue-green steel. It had careful runes of the Telerin tongue, one that Telefírien had come to learn before the flight to Arda. He treasured the memories of his time with that fair people, and though he had been outraged at the murder of the Teleri at the hands of his fellow Noldor, he was swept away in the rush and was aboard one of the fair swan boats, where he had boarded to try and convince them to stop their madness.<BR><BR> He had found himself lying later on the deck, until he stood up and angrily questioned the captain of the ship. He had been bound by the soldiers of Maeglin with bonds of <i>hithlain</i>, and upon reaching the distant shore it had been many years before his rage had subsided to a desire to build and embeauty the lands of the Eastern Shore.<BR>
galadralorean
Ranger of the North

Postby Erinion » Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:08 pm

He gave Telefirien a hard look, for the Noldo appeared evasive in his answer and had laid a hand upon his hilt. Yet, Earen had looked up upon his own reflection in a lake once, and he somewhat understood the Noldo's misgivings. Long years in the wilderness had changed the Green Elf, forged him like a smith's fire strengthens a blade. He supposed he was like something of the wild himself now, stern and fierce. <BR> <BR>But remembering there were others about, Earen turned his gaze towards Latherin and the stranger. They were moriquendi, both, and the unnamed maiden was clearly of the Green Elves.<BR>The hunter's stare softened ever so briefly as he glanced upon the unnamed elf maiden, she with the golden hair and vine laced crown, for it had been long since he had seen one of his kindred in these parts and none as fair. <BR>When one hunts as long as Earen, days turning to weeks, weeks into months, and even unto years, it is difficult not to let down one's guard when chancing upon a familiar face. Though he did not personally know her, the maiden's face was still the face of his people and it brought him a little happiness yet.<BR><BR>Still, habits are hard to break and the wiles of Morgoth know no rest. Thus, the hunter in Earen kept a veneer of suspicion and doubt. But he spoke courteously all the same as he introduced himself.<BR><BR>"I am Earen." he said, and he was still slightly surprised that his voice was still light and fair. <BR>He had had little occasion to use it aside from talking to the birds and beasts of the woods. It certainly did not match his unkempt appearance.<BR><BR>"Once I was from Doriath." the hunter continued. "But the land of the seven rivers was and is ever my home."<BR><BR>He looked once more at the elf maiden who had not spoken her name.<BR><BR>"And I deem this is your home as well, Lady, though seldom do our kindred come to such parts in these dark days. I had thought them fled to Thingol's realm or further east over the mountains. You are of noble blood, yet I see not your guards. What name do you go by and who is your father?"<BR><BR>To Latherin he asked, "Have you taken any hurt, Lady? How long has it been since you eluded the Orcs?"<BR><BR>There was concern in his voice, for the Sindar were as dear to him as the Laiquendi of his kindred.<BR><BR>Awaiting their reply, Earen pondered why the young, green eyed servant of Galadriel was doing so far from Doriath. At the same time, he suddenly remembered the Noldo and wondered why such a one had come here, so far from the endless battles of the north. He thought it more than passing strange that such a foursome meet under the eaves of Ossiriand.
Erinion
Citizen of Imladris

Postby galadralorean » Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:18 pm

Telefírien percieved the question in the Green elf's mind. He had named himself Eären, and he spoke with the accent of Doriath, which was curious to Telefírien. The handmaid of Galadriel, Latherin, he saw was fair almost as her mistress, a flower far from its meadow home. Llinos was of the Elves of Ossiriand, according to her words, yet Telefírien wondered at her shining raiment of white in the green days of summer. <BR><BR>"I felt no loyalty to the sons of Feänor, or even to Finarfin, High King of the Exiles. I was brought to these shores against my will, after much sorrow and the terror of the Helcaraxë. I wished to seek out the peace of the Realm of the Seven Rivers, and here I will stay, if this Llinos does not turn me out."<BR><BR> Telefírien turned to that maid and questioned her, politely, but not in the most conciliatory manner, saying "I, Telefírien, have come to these woods seeking rest from the toils in the Northern lands, and the warmth of the sun is soothing in the green glades and fair fields of Ossiriand. By what right do you claim ladyship to these forests, Llinos of the Green Elves, I perceive you to be important, yet I do not understand your manner. I mean no harm to the elves of the Seven Rivers Country, I assure you."<BR><BR> Latherin he questioned also, with her dark news of Orcs from the high hills toward the North. "You are being pursued, have you been so from the realm of Thingol and Melían?" he awaited her answer, relaxing his tensed muscles and moving his hands until they were crossed under his chest.
galadralorean
Ranger of the North

Postby Legolasgirl88 » Wed Feb 05, 2003 8:51 pm

* she turns towards Earen stivking her arrow back in her arrow holder* No i am not hurt, but i have seeen orcs up past thoose mountains going north towards minhiriaeh * she glances behind her at the mountains to the east that the tips are slightly covered with snow, she then faces towards Telefírien* no I havent but i will later on my journey . *she walks over to her horse snapping her bow on to a hook on the side*
Legolasgirl88
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Blodeuedd » Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:17 am

Blodeuedd had been riding for days and where so was going and how she would get there she couldn’t now. She had set out from distant woods to get away from the sorrows that plagued them. She was an elf of Noldor birth and very young in years. She pushed back her hood and a cascade of raven black hair showed itself. She stopped when she heard voices and wet her lips. Did she dear to show herself or had she already been spotted? Many questions went trough her mind and she slowly jumped off her horse.<BR><BR>“ Hush,” she whispered to the horse it gave her a look. “ We don’t know if they are friendly.” The horse still looked at her and Blodeuedd sighed.<BR>What else could she do but to show herself. If there where elves here then there most be more so no more hiding. She looked up at the sky and took a deep breath. She felt the bow on her back and felt safe.<BR>“ Lets go then” she said to her horse and started walking. It didn’t take long before the was spotted by the others elves that all seemed to figure out who they all where. She nodded her head and came up to them. <BR>“ I am Blodeuedd,” was the only thing she said when they paused in their talking. Then she stood there and waited some response.
Blodeuedd
Ranger of the North

Postby galadralorean » Thu Feb 06, 2003 5:25 pm

The elf rode up to the group of conversing ones, who all heard the muted hoofbeats as the new girl elf rode up. She greeted them, as they stood in the crowd beneath Telefírien's flet. He invited them all up to sit and take a light meal of nuts and wild rice, cooked over a brazier beside the screen. <BR><BR>After they ate, and finished tacking their horses, they began to talk of their reasons for being in the Seven Rivers region.<BR><BR>
galadralorean
Ranger of the North

Postby Erinion » Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:30 pm

"Aye, there is a peace in Ossiriand..." Earen said to the Noldo. "...but only by the valor of my kindred and of the Sindar does it endure. And it is an uneasy peace at that."<BR><BR>The hunter stood casually atop a branch, close to Telefirien's flet. He did not feel the need to eat as of yet and chose to look out. The green land of Ossiriand spread below him. The lazy curves of Gelion's tributary, the thick boughs of fruit and conifer laden trees, a herd of deer prancing amidst patches of wildflowers, all this he noted and more from his fantastic perch. These sights might have brought a serene sense of calm into Earen's soul, yet Latherin's news of orcs troubled him, for it meant they might have made, or perhaps conquered, a stronghold nearby. The uneasy peace in Ossiriand could be shattered all too soon, and the beauty, destroyed.<BR><BR>Though it would have seemed impossible, Earen's expression grew even more grim, "There will never be true peace in these realms, never, so long as the peaks of Thangoridrim endure. So my heart foretells."<BR><BR>And he looked upon Telefirien as he said this, a warning to the Noldo that not all was gentleness and calm in the rolling green land of the Seven Rivers. Was it not written upon him? <BR><BR>"Think not that you have found a place to rest forever away from war and toil, Telefirien." he continued after a pause. "Though I would guess from your weapons that you already know of what I speak. But if you choose to remain here, I do not think any will begrudge you so long as your intent is pure."<BR><BR>Earen walked back to the flet and kneeled next to where Latherin sat. <BR>"I would escort you to Doriath on the morrow, if that is where you intend to go.", he offered politely. "It has been long since I went thither, but I know the way well."<BR><BR>He stood up and left the servant of Galadriel to ponder her course. The hunter stretched his weary muscles and went to the two Noldor. He knew not what to make of the one named Blodeuedd, for she had offered little besides her name. Partially to coax her, partially because Earen was curious for news, he asked them of the affairs of the Noldor.<BR><BR>"Not since the Dagor Braggolach have I been in the Northern realms." the hunter said, his eyes taking on a far away look, gazing upon the memories of that disastrous attack. "What news of Fingon the Valiant? How fare the Sons of Feanor? I would hear of these matters to pass the time, if you have a mind for it."
Erinion
Citizen of Imladris

Postby galadralorean » Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:51 am

The light filtered through the trees, a late afternoon glow greened the smooth surface of the flet, which was inscribed with the characters of the Tengwar in verses of Quenya, the tongue of Valinor. Telefírien was once a loremaster, a calling he had long since put aside. He began to sing a gentle song to himself as Eären spoke to the elven maids. Blodeuedd came over and sat beside him, listening as though she had heard the song before. She <i>was</i> from the North, they assumed.<BR> <BR>But Telefírien was not completely at peace inside. Laithen bore troubling news, news that he had witnessed in reality. Only a few weeks prior he had fought off a band of orcs with his his bow and knives, and so he told Eären and Llinos. Llinos looked concerned at those revelations, compounded with the words of Eären.<BR><BR>"I understand that this peace cannot last forever, Eären. I remember the Battle of Sudden Flame myself. I fought in the companies of Finrud Felagund, but we were beaten back. That is why I fled, in hopes of rescuing some of the lore and wonder of the Northern realms, should our people fail against the Shadow of Morgoth." Telefírien knew the hopelessness he had felt leaked out through his face. Many of those he had come to love even through his anger had perished, and the lady Thulien, daughter of an Elven Lord, had been killed by orcs raiding her family's lands in the forests of Hithlum. <BR><BR>"Many I cherished died that day, as did many who were the hope of our kind. But we must try to hold onto our culture, and we cannot let the shadow overtake everything." Telefírien thought to the cache he had built in the branches of a high maple tree, sealed with songs and mithril edging to protect the writings and tapestries he had brought from the North, rescued after the battles which had killed so many of his companions and friends. The lands had been a ravaged wasteland, the last he looked upon them before his journey to the meadows and forests South of the Gelion, among the trees of Ossiriand.
galadralorean
Ranger of the North

Postby Llinos » Fri Feb 07, 2003 2:07 pm

The elven maiden watched in subdued silence, her toungue caught between the sudden number of elves who wandered amoung the seven rivers for all her years she had lived about these trees and only her kindred had she seen for twas known the Laiquendi kept to their woods and were weary of the outside world. Yet she knew where she stood in this that was her home, her life was a mixture of strength, she was not the son and heir her Father would have liked. The sudden change of tone brought a silence in the forest, at the mention of orcs the dawn maidens face drew pale and the birds stopped their merry song. Long had the Laiquendi hidden from the servents of the lands beyond the mountains. Now it seemed they could no longer dwell in peace.<BR><BR>"Good sir now i shall speak for long has my toungue remained still, I am Llinos Maiden of Dawn, Daughter of Denethor King of the Laiquendi. Not many come amoung our forest to carve upon these trees, a just question i shall ask was why you came forth here. Or i should feel my Fathers wrath that you would pass unnoticed. Maybe my words seem cautious to you but a shadow draws near and my people are unsettled. Great worry draws upon us and caution in nessecary."<BR><BR>She lowered her gaze from the elf, seemingly unable to look on any longer. This was not a time she wished to see for much hurt was in her Fathers eyes still. He knew what drew though his fate was unknown to him she had her doubts, much love was there fore that her Sire for he was one of great valour much loved by his people. Oh how she feared for him now her Mother was passed. Unwittingly she noted the silence, her own motions giving away emotions she swiftly turned to Earen curiosity now draining her sadness.<BR><BR>"To you Earen i turn and here i see one of my Kin. These lands you call your home will you not tell me how that comes about? For i cannot place your face!"<BR><BR>The mood had swiftly changed and the atmosphere moved on, the birds sang once more in their glee and the maiden of dawn kept her gaze silently upon those around her. An air of excitement began to buzz, how she resisted the urge to seek what lay in other lands beyond Lindon and now here before her were those that had seen such places she had only dreamed of.
Llinos
Ranger of the North

Postby Legolasgirl88 » Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:45 pm

Latherion looks around the forest for she has never stayed in one long enought except for her own. her gaze fell upon the hight snow mountians as a shiver runs throught her back knowing that orici are just around the mountains back. Remmbering her journey was still not over for she hade to deliver a treatty sighned by Galadriel that was to be delivered to the town called kjakin atleast 9 days away from where she was. Her journey from her home was tiering and almost killed when she passed throught the misty mountians by goblins. when she made her way throught the mountain she spotted the orci heading north as she kept on her hourney to kjakin so she could return to tell her people of the orici. when she wondered into this mysterious forest she never knew that she would meet so many other races of elves. hearing Earens voice she lookes at him.<BR><BR>" I am on my way to a town called Kjakin atleast a week journey from here and then I will go to Doriath "<BR><BR> she places some nuts in a sack into her horses saddel bag as she started to hum a song her mother taught her when she was littel
Legolasgirl88
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Blodeuedd » Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:14 am

Blodeuedd listened to the song Telefirien sang and closed her eyes. She had tried to place the elves here now and hadnt yet said anything about herself. She knew that they had their ideas that folk always had and she also knew that she should say something. She listened to waht the others had to say and the one called Earen who asked about news from the north. What should she have to say about the sons of Feanor. She rested her thoughts and kept quiet still for a while. The talk about orcs didnt bother that much, untill now she had managed to keep out of their way. And she had met them before so she wasnt a kid that just had been given a bow.<BR><BR>Then when they others was silent she knew it was her time.<BR>" I have allready told you that my name is Blodeuedd," she looked down for a moment." Not much information lies in that. The only thing I have to say right now is that I was raised by my mother in the west of Beleriand. Then I went to my father in the north early on when she died and have been there since that. And as can be seen I am no longer there and I havent the reasons that clearly for myself yet for why I left."<BR>She became silent, off course she had quite a clear picture why but didnt feel that confortable to speak about herself around strangers.<BR>" So I am just to say on a journey without a goal and goes whereever the road takes my. And it has taken me here now," she looked around." I dont know that much about these parts and the elves that hide in the green of it all but I hope I can continue."<BR>Then she paused and looked at the others and she knew that she really needed some sort of goal because she couldnt just ride and ride. All the way to the end of the world or, to much evil seemed to be lurking around for that and companions where always needed.
Blodeuedd
Ranger of the North

Postby Erinion » Sat Feb 08, 2003 3:02 pm

Restless, Earen walked to the edge of the flet and glanced about, keeping only half a mind on the conversations. Something nagged at his heart, a hidden hunter's sense perhaps, honed to a razor's edge by years of journeying in the wilderness. But the elf wondered if he was simply being paranoid with all this talk of orcs. <BR>Late noon shadows of the trees swayed along the grassy floors of the forest and sunlight sparkled along the rushing river, creating the illusion of a stream of gold. The air was noticeably cooler and had an invigorating scent; wild grass intermingling with the spray of the stream. It was rather like the period immediately after a rain-storm. <BR><i>Telefirien has chosen his dwelling well at the least.</i>, he thought, as he stood feeling the wind blowing back his dark hair. <BR><BR>But when Llinos asked of him, Earen laughed shortly; and there was no humor in the gesture.<BR><BR>"My own mother would not know me were she still alive." he said bitterly. "But what of it? The passing of years change all, and our people are scattered far and wide. Scarcely would you know even a handful of our folk in Doriath; just as I know no more of our kindred in Ossiriand."<BR><BR>He stopped then and passed his hand over his eyes. Looking then at the Nandor Elf maiden, he spoke in his usual voice.<BR>"Lady, forgive me if my speech offends you. A shadow has passed over me and some memories are still too close to my heart. But I say to you this: As you know, the Enemy fled from the wrath of the utmost West and waged sudden war upon Beleriand. This was 'ere the Noldor returned to these shores, thus only from Cirdan and Thingol could help be sought. Yet their own realms were hard put to it as well. <BR>"At the last, the Orcs overran Ossiriand. I was a lad then, having not yet seen my seventh summer, and was forced to flee to Doriath together with a large part of our kindred. Those of us who survived that trek at last found refuge...by the grace of Melian."<BR><BR>His tone grew softer, even reverent as he recalled the Queen of Doriath, she who had cast the magical girdle that no minion of Morgoth could pass through. <BR> <BR>"Long years I spent there, learning much and fighting endless battles. It was not until after the Dagor Agloreb that I had considered returning to my true home. For the Noldor and the Edain held Angband in check and I had a mind to cleanse Ossiriand of Morgoth's foulness while the Leaguer held. Ever had the land of seven rivers called to me and I at last heeded it. Since then, I have left but once, to aid in the Battle of Sudden Flame."<BR><BR>Earen shook his head sadly, "A hunter I have become, like those few of our kindred who still fight from the shadows. A shadow has fallen here as in all of Beleriand. Yet Ossiriand knows its own and my heart is ensnared within it forever."<BR> <BR>And he sang, in no more than a whisper:<BR><BR><i>The glitterings of silver leaves,<BR>The gold of iris blooms,<BR>These I see under the darkened eaves,<BR>Of Ossiriand in gloom.<BR><BR>Battle scarred are its oaken trees,<BR>And ravaged is the land. <BR>Still the beauty shines for all to see,<BR>In fair Ossiriand.<BR><BR>Long I yearn for the silver shore,<BR>Of Gelion's rushing stream.<BR>The day will come when I fight no more,<BR>And thither shall I dream...</i><BR><BR>But he faltered at the end and apologized.<BR><BR>"I have overstepped my talent." Earen said. "The words are different from what I remember and do not fit well. I find my voice has not improved with the years. A friend often sung of such things under the eaves of Doriath when we were but refuges newcome from Ossiriand. It was much fairer in her voice."<BR><BR>He went back to looking over the lay of the land, nodding slightly at Latherin and listening to Blodeuedd's tale, but he spoke no more for a while.
Erinion
Citizen of Imladris

Postby galadralorean » Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:22 pm

Telefírien listened to the stories of the adventurers. He had never heard of Kjakin, but he thought perhaps that it was a town of the Late Aftercomers, the men of the East who were not of the Edain. They had not always been of good faith with the elves, as was apparent from the treaty which Blodeuedd told them of. He listened to the song of the mysterious Nandor, the Green Elf who had fought in the Dagor Bragollach and wondered what lay hidden in his past.<BR><BR>Just then he heard the horses below whickering loudly, as though in fear. "What is it?" he said in Quenya, looking up from his cross-leggèd pose and hurrying up to the lookout in the high branches. Down below he saw the orcs moving toward their high refuge...<BR><BR>OOC: anyone want to go in this direction with the story?
galadralorean
Ranger of the North

Postby Legolasgirl88 » Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:15 pm

ooc: sure<BR><BR>Hearing something heading in there direction it didnt sound like something good she takes out her bow and arrow , she attaches an arrow and looks around her arrow right beside her cheek as the feather brissels barley touch her smooth face. she looks from tree to bush looking for somthing then sees barley throught the leafs up at a hill right by the mountain she lowers her bow alittel seeing dozens of orici and orcs run down the hill in full speed.<BR>"ORCS" she yells and runs over to her horse jumping on swiftly on its back her hair flying up behind her and takes the wrains her long white dress behind her. she turns her horse towards the direction of the orcs<BR>"shall we wait her and fight then or shall we all go " she gets a tighter grip on her wrains.<BR>"what ever we shall choose I shall stay here and kill these monsters" she puts her bow down and takes out her sword and raises it up as her horse stomps on the ground ready for anything.
Legolasgirl88
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Llinos » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:04 pm

Llinos turned swiftly to the bows, her keen eyes picking of the untimely gaits of the Orcs that Telefírien had spotted as they stumbled along. For a moment she contemplated what to do, her Fatehr had put her under strict regulations to flee from Orcs, <i>it's dangerous times</i> he had said <i>bravery would only lead to despair, i couldn't lose you now</i>. But she had never held much regard for her Father's 'motherings' sicne her own mum's death he'd always been a bit overprotective and with so many others around she doubted anything could happen. Plus her urges had set in her, her hatred was boiling and her love of her Land drove her to leap for the Flet and to Maegiens side.<BR><BR>She reached over his side to the loose pack that laid along his braod firey back, there she kept her bow and quiver. She slipped them from her pack and flung the Quiver along her back, her palms hot with the anticipation of battle gripped her bow. It was finely carved from the bows of her Green City, engraved with her name it had been a gift when she was younger. It had been so long since she'd used it, not since her Mother had died had her Father permitted her practice with the agile bow. But when she had her bow upon her palms she felt like everything was working in equilibrium.<BR><BR>She snapped quickly from her memoirs and leapt forth towards the enraged beasts that lumbered towards them, words whispered to Magien sending him away from danger. With the swiftness onyl an elf could muster an arrow was placed upon her bow, it's green feathers playing upon her ear lobe before with precise aim she set it free, flying through the air irrestibly and smacking straight into the gawking Orc before he even knew what had hit him. Dead. So the turns moved on without her looking to the others, lost in the sense of battle and the urgency to defend her realm such was her passion and her rage, she the daughter of Kings.
Llinos
Ranger of the North

Postby Blodeuedd » Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:49 am

Blodeuedd heard them scream ORCS and her heart froze. Everything seemed to be moving really slow and when she turned her head she saw them coming. She whispered something and then she ran to her horse. She could hear them coming as she took out her bow and arrows. In the last second she took her sword and turned around just as the first Orc closed in on her. She didnt hesitate but cut off the beasts head. Her heart raced even more and she could she the others fight for their lives.<BR><BR>She jumped up on her horse and got some arrows into an orc. This was really not for what she had come for but then she really wanted them dead and wouldnt miss a chance. With her sword high and on her trusted horse she began her battle.
Blodeuedd
Ranger of the North

Postby Erinion » Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:23 pm

Earen had stayed still, not quite sure what Telefirien had said at first. The Quenya was little used among the moriquendi, and in Doriath it was not heard at all since Thingol forbade its use. The ensuing cries of Latherin broke his momentary confusion. It seemed the hunter's heart had been right. <BR>Orcs came forth from the dense gathering of trees, carrying wicked blades and longbows. They were a twisted folk, grown cruel and savage from the power of their master. Undying hatred they had for the elves, yet, it is said by a few that part of this hatred stems from an envy of what the elves are and what the orcs once were. But Earen knew nought of these matters and strove to outmanuever those he knew to be adversaries. <BR><BR>Little did he expect the others to attack with such ferocity, however! The three maidens had gone to their horses and fought with bow and arrow. Earen cried out, bidding at least one of them to stay with him upon the flet. For the high ground was where an archer would be most useful and Earen could not hope to cover them all by himself. <BR><BR>He looked at the Noldo and asked, "Perchance you have a bow, Telefirien?"<BR><BR>A black shafted arrow whizzed by Earen's head as he unslung his own sturdy bow of ash, and stuck quivering into the floor of the flet. <BR><BR>"I gather we could use it.", he said dryly, and nocked a long arrow of his own to the string.
Erinion
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Llinos » Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:51 am

Llinos heard the distant cries of Earen but paid them no heed, her only training with a bow had been upon foot though she longed to learn the art of archery from the rafters she did not trust herself to attempt it now. Instead upon noting the oncoming wave of Orcs to be increasing and her arrows depleated she threw aside her bow and arrow, her gaze clinging wistfull to them as she preyed they would remain unnoticed until she could reclaim them, and thus she drew her sword. Odd as it may seem for en elf maiden to bear the light sword she now held between her palms it was so. Her Father had thought that Sword weilding was a fine thing to know and though her blade was light and short it was agile and swift.<BR><BR>She sprung forth now her garments floating behind her as she raised the sword named Nueling to strike upon her foes, her movements told of her extensive training, which she had long thought useless since she was forbidden to fight but now she knew why it had been tought to her. Many an Orc was disembodied by her blade her wrath but showing her patriotism as she fought with pent up anger, all those years of watching now it was her chance to fight, to fight for herself and for her people. Yet she was perhaps not so experience as those around her and soon found herself in a tricky situation.<BR><BR>Two great beast bore down on her, sinister girns upon their faces, Nueling rang and stabbed upon them yet she was driven back for their armour held, to a greet tree she was backed until she could go no further then Nueling sprang forth once more to dicapitate one of her opponents yet the this only enraged the other further. He had whiped out his cruel blade before she coudl thing and slashed along her arm. The pain something she had never experience she could explain but instead of falling itno dispair as the blood trickled down her garments she sprang forth thus more empowered with her anger, perhaps not quick enough for another swipe maimed her leg upon her theigh. So it was the Orc lost his life, Nuelign not failing this time to rid him of his head. Heart racing she stepped back her sight suddenly blurry she moved away from the battle knowing when she was deafeated, she called for Magien and contemplated how she woudl explain this to her Father. <BR><BR>Per chance she remember to collect her bow yet upon feeling it she could not help but pick up the spent arrows around her and from further back leaning upon her steed for support she fired her last arrows in a final pledge to help the others.
Llinos
Ranger of the North

Postby galadralorean » Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:04 pm

Telefírien was not idle. He hastily flew to the trunk agains the rear of the flet and extracted a shapely short bow. It did not have the range of the great longbows, but with his strength and well-practised aim, it was a deadly weapon. Morgoth was deceiving himself if he thought the Ossiriand unprotected. Telefírien lept from tree to tree, as he had practised in one of the <i>loa</i> after he completed his flet. He reached the army of <i>orchi</i> just as Llinos did, armed surprisingly with a short sword.<BR><BR>"Look for the leaders!" Telefírien said to her, as she took to blow that rent her fair arm. She battled on, he saw and admired, even as Eären's arrows whizzed about them and Latherin and Blodeuedd's charge had already furrowed their ranks. Telefírien let fly a few short flights of fletching before he drew his short knife, and launched himself at the taller, less craven-looking orc-commanders. <BR>
galadralorean
Ranger of the North

Postby Legolasgirl88 » Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:15 pm

* taking up her red bloody sword from an orcs gut. she jumps off of her horse and onto the ground of blood she stabs one from behind then one infront of her. she kicks an orc to the ground and stabs it in the chest. she gets knocked to the ground from an orc behind her and rolls out of the way just in time as the rusted blade came in her direction*
Legolasgirl88
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Erinion » Sat Feb 15, 2003 12:29 pm

<i>thk!<BR>thk!<BR>thk!</i><BR><BR>The fleshy thuds of arrows striking their mark filled the air. In quick succession, seven of the orc warriors fell to the forest floor, never to rise again. The ash bow sang with each nocked arrow. As soon as Earen had sighted one of his targets, his mind was already bent upon the next mark within the corner of his eye. He was not so focused upon the leaders as he was in simply stemming the initial rush, making sure the defenders on the ground weren't overwhelmed by numbers. Thus, he took full advantage of the flet's height and his well nigh unerring aim to drop as many orcs as he possibly could. From the flet, Earen had the advantage of picking out his targets almost at will while most of the enemy arrows either fell short or landed harmlessly upon the wooden structure.<BR><BR>For a while, only one or two orcs fought the defenders at any given moment, but eventually more orcs broke free of Earen's hail of arrows. Still, their number was grievously reduced and the victory seemed assured. The hunter was now forced to slow his shooting for the orcs and the defenders were too close to each other. He was content to merely make sure no one had to fight more than one or two orcs at a time, cutting down any extra. It was not quite foolproof, as Llinos had taken hurt before he could assist, but that could hardly be helped. With three others who would assist her, Earen decided against leaping to the ground and aiding them with his swords.<BR><BR>While the others had the fiery rage of warriors to help them in battle, Earen had only a coolness. It was the icy calm of a practiced hunter; one who has been hunting a long, long time indeed. <BR>
Erinion
Citizen of Imladris

Postby galadralorean » Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:01 pm

Eären's arrows whizzing safely about them, Telefírien fought with a fierceness not felt since the Dagor Bragollach. He hewed his way through the lines of orcs, trying to sow chaos by killing the commanders. Soon they had all been felled, and with the valiance of the others, they were able to defeat the orcs, but Telefírien felt in his gut that this was not the last they would see of the hosts of Morgoth. The orcs bred like foul flies, always more of them, and fewer of the High Kindred. <BR><BR>But the Green Elven realm was not one to give up, Llinos had made clear. Latherin, the messenger of Galadriel, had ridden into the fray and received naught but a few slashes to her fair clothes, so fast had her defence been. Llinos too was valiant, even though she had received a long wound on her arm. <BR><BR>Blodeuedd fought like a wild woman, hacking and destroying the orcs with a fury, though she had no knowledge of what was taking place, having only arrived at the flet a short time before. She too was valiant, letting off arrows prodigiously, felling orc after foul orc. When the battle was done and the corpses collected and destroyed by pure fire in a rocky grove that would not be defiled by such, the victorious Elves returned to the flet, bearing the fallen standard of the ghastly threepoint crown, with the silmarils smeared on as white diamonds above a learing tripeak crown. These were defintely orcs from Morgoth. <BR><BR>They congratuled Eären on his remarkable shooting, and thumps on the back went around as though they were all a company of warriors, and not a hermit, a messenger, a princess, a ranger, and a restless wanderer. They sat down back atop the flet to plan their next move.<BR>
galadralorean
Ranger of the North

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)