The Sign of the Horned Flower (read OOC first!)

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Zwiveliere » Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:11 pm

<b>~ PROLOGUE ~ </b><BR><BR><BR>On the 15 day of march, the year 3019 the Black Captain of the Dark Lord was slain in the battle on Pelannor fields, by beings much lesser than him, in power and might if none other. Even at that time, his true origin was known to a few.<BR><BR>It is said that, after the fall of Numenor, he came to Middle Earth following Sauron whom he woshiped, and continued to study the black lore. He was also known as a cruel warrior and slayer of many, the terror of all the peoples. His true name was then long forgoten, and he was known as the Witch Lord of Angmar. <BR><BR>He bore one of the Seven rings that were given to the kings of men, and so death did not await him, but a fate more horrible: he fell into shadow, and became a spirit ever drawn and tormented by the One ring, the ruler of all. He and the other eight that shared his doom were the Nazgul, Dark Lord’s most dreaded servants. And while the eight wanished when the One was casted in the fires of its making, the Lord of the Ringwraiths was slain by a sword.<BR><BR>Yet before Sauron landed in Numenor, not yet a Witch King, he was a king of men, and had a wife and a son, who followed him over the sea to the shores of Middle Earth. And his sone had a son, and so on. <BR><BR>There was a region in Middle Earth beyond South Gondor, a desert land that spread further south even from the river Harnen and bordered with Harad in the east. It was called Adrras. None save the Haradrim knew of its people before the War of the Ring for they had no part in it, but when the King Elessar came to set the borders of his land, he met with Carrastir the ruler of Adrras, who bowed to him and took Elessar for his king, and Minas Tirith for his Capitol. In return, King Elfstone left him to rule his lands as he did, save that he took away his kingly crown, and he was not to be called the king again, and Carrastir gladly agreed. None then knew that Carrastir was the descendant and the heir of the Witch King.<BR><BR>Carrastir’s firstborn child was a boy whom he named Thalion, and who was to inherit the throne of the vassal of Gondor. Six years after the birth of his son, his two twin daughters were born, and they were Likasta, who was also called Daorian, the Shadow-Herted, and Tiona Daeloth, the Flower of the Shadow. As they grew, their minds seemed to understand one another as none other could, and they were so alike in the stature and the features of the face, that none could ever tell them apart, save their brother and father. Their mother died at their birth.<BR><BR>The years flew by, and the realms of men spread far and wide, and among those realms famous was the beauty of The Twin-Maidens of Adrras. In the tall tower of Angarass they dwelt with their brother and father, and in their city they were known not only by their beauty, but also by their wizdom, and the sharpness of their sight. “Their eyes few can endure, and those who confront them can say their luck goodbye,” that was said of them among their people. Still they seldom spoke. There was one thing that haunted both their minds. They were ever inveterate that their father had forsaken his crown without a fight, and obtaining peace by any cost was among few things their minds did not coprehend. In their youth they often spoke to their father of this matter, urging him make a move to regain his kingship, but he gave no heed to their talk. Finaly they appeared to dismiss the idea themselves. In the year 125 of the Fourth Age, Likasta Daorian wedded Elfwine the Fair, son of Eomer, and became the Queen of the Rohirrim, and the twins were separated. In the third year of her marriage, Likasta gave birth to her son whom she named Mormiroth, and she never told her housband that their son’s name was the Black Jewel. Mormiroth was six years old when our tale begins.<BR><BR>In the desert land of Adrras no grass could live, nor a tree. The only plant that could endure the heat and fight the dry sand was a strange flower, from its crown grew a thorn, and among the people of this land it was called Lothrass, the Horned Flower. And on the top of the highest tower of Angarass ever stood a banner which bore black on white the amblem of the House of Carrastir, Lothrass. Lothrass was on the breast of Likasta’s dress, the one she wore as she rode by Elfwine’s side, on her way to Edoras.<BR><BR><BR><BR><b> The Sign of the Horned Flower</b><BR><BR><BR>It was the third day of October, and gentle fall was already playing in the fields, when Tiona rode through the gates of Edoras. “Step aside! I ride from far away to bring tidings to your Queen! Out of my way!” she yelled, and the guards bowed their heads at the sound of her voice, although later they often wandered why did they open the gates to a stranger on a mere comand. Yet Tiona was through, and on the step of Meduseld, leaving her horse find his way to his stables. By then, the guards brought word of her coming to the Queen, who imidiately sprang to her feet to greet her sister. They stood looking at each other for a while, one standing on the treshold, one down on the ground, none of them uttering a word. Then Tiona smiled a grim smile, climbed the stairs and stood by her sister. If there weren’t for the colours of their robes, one watching from aside would have thought his eyes decieved him, for he would have seen one figure facing its mirror reflection. Likasta took her sisters hand and held it tight, and her eyes were gleaming. She whispered: <BR><BR>“Tell me,... why do you come to me?... Is it?... Could it be?”<BR><BR>Tiona nodded her head, and even as she looked up, loud rich laughter echoed across the field, and she saw Likasta, her head casted back and her laughter not dying on her lips. Finaly they embraced, and Likasta whispered to her ear:<BR><BR>“We waited long for this day to come. I refuse to wait another second for the realization of our plans! Come inside!” She laughed again, and led her sister inside.<BR><BR>They sat long engaged in talk, and moon was high over the fields of Rohan when Tiona finaly arose from her chair. <BR><BR>“Wait,” Likasta said, “you shall sleep in my quarters tonight. Stay here, and I will send a made to see to your needs.”<BR><BR>She embraced her sister once again, then went for the door. Before she closed it, she turned around and said:<BR><BR>“I’ll go tell my housband father had died.” and she closed the door behind her.
Zwiveliere
Ranger of the North

Postby Thalionhrive » Tue Feb 04, 2003 5:27 pm

Thalion was sitting in his chambers, with a cup of wine in his shaky hands. "The old fool has finally died", his minds were bumping of the bones of his skull. Tiona was on her way to Likasta, with the great news, and people of Angarass were calm and content with showing of their emotions for the past king. "Little fools!!!" - Thalion was thinking, " You had your time to waste in peace, but now the new king shall arise, and cover the Arda itself with a fire!".<BR>Old bones went into the ground, and preparations for the crowning ceremony were about to begin...<BR>"Long years of humiliation lie after us” thoughts gathered in front of Thalion’s eyes in a wild confusion. “At last shall the glory of the Horned Flower find its way into every minute habitation on Middle-earth” - Thalion felt shivers run down his spine. His milk white hair fluttered as he hastily paced through the corridors of the palace in Angarass. <BR>“There is so much to be done” thoughts whirled in the weary mind of a Prince, soon to be King. A tall figure dressed in black, moved like a shadow through the corridors of the castle that has seen its better days. Now that the only two persones whom he really loved have left him on his own, he realized he couldn’t do without them, and a flash of gratitude flickered in his gloomy heart, only to be diminished soon after and to wane, covered by a dark veil of ambition. <BR>Tiona and Likasta have left Adrass so they could help him, and now for the first time in his life he felt alone, and for the first time he was scared. <BR>What the three of them have planned was as bold as it was foolish, it <BR>just had to work.<BR>Stepping out to the terrace that faced the stone casle yard, Thalion <BR>went pass two guards of the Horned Flower company. They greeted him <BR>silently, and as the Sun sank into his dimness, Thalion’s gaze was searching the silhouette shapes of Gondor. With a gesture of deep hatred he stared at theplace from whence all of their humiliations have arrived.<BR> “Oh how hard you shall suffer, how much you shall pay and overpay for everything, you petty descendants of our forefathers from the great Numenore” - Thalion’s wrath was strangling him as his pale fingers clenched the fence. He felt <BR>weak… <BR>The remedy his sisters have provided for him, could only momentarily <BR>ease his life in a body of an albino, and his crimzon eyes burned with the fire from within his soul, which had been set ablaze a long time ago and which fed on his anger. “But that is not enough, I need souls in order to live” - Thalion fought against his urges. The sword his grandfather had left him,the sword called Morlang, The Black Blade, has not tasted the blood and soul of a consciuos being for a long time. It was long since its refined blade adorned with runes trasfeerred the strength of the victim to its wielder, and he felt as if the thurst of its master gave it a black glimmer that could be sensed from the chest that lay deep down in Thalion’s chambers.<BR> “Patience, my friend, patience - your time is yet to come”, <BR>Thalion’s thoughts turned to Morlang, as the vanishing Sun of the West reflected itself in the fire of his eyes…
Thalionhrive
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Nalatarigelle » Wed Feb 05, 2003 3:20 pm

“MyLady, you have a visitor, tis your sister Tiona” a guard bowed low before the Queen standing at the door of her chamber.<BR><BR>“Tiona! Finally!” she sprang to her feet and ran out through the hall only to stop at the Gate and see her mirror reflection looking straight at her from the bottom of the starircase. They stood like this for a moment, silent and smiling. Simple nod as an answer to her question told her what she had long awaited to hear and her thunderous laughter echoed the hall while Tiona’s lips frormed a grim smile in the corner of her mouth.<BR><BR>Likasta led her to her chamber, the two of them passing through the corridors, hand in hand, as the guards and the maids bowed their heads in wonder at the sight of this guest, the very image of their Queen, looks and posture, the only difference there being a crown upon Likasta’s head and the robes of the two twins. <BR><BR>“My eyes are pleased to set their gaze upon you once again, dear sister, and the black amblem of Lothrass upon your dress! My mind has not been at ease in the last couple of days and I have felt a change, though I am surpired it has all happened so soon. I have not expected him dead yet. Did you bury him? And tell me, how Thalion is, and when is the coronation?” Likasta smiled, an expression of delight and contentment colouring her face.<BR><BR>“Father was to be buried today, I managed to leave before the preparations have strated, I had refused to send you a messenger, I had to see you. I have told the people I cannot stand the sight of his funeral and that I shall seek my comfort in my sister’s company.”<BR><BR>Likasta laughed once again, not trying to hide her relief and content at her father’s death, and soon the chamber was filled with the laughter of the two, so alike it seemed as the laughter of one person merely echoed the room. “This means are plan is soon to fulfil. I am very satisfied.”<BR><BR>“Indeed, dear sisier. And Thalion is to become King, finally! Though he is not all that well. I worry. He is weakening. I wish we could have you there with us. I do know, however, you can do more from here. You know what will it take to make him well again… Our plans shall continue. He is to be crowned within fifteen days.” An air of graveness was felt in Tiona’s voice but her lips soon smiled again as she said: “And where is Mormiroth? I have a gift for him.” and she took out a jewel, a black jewel shaped as a flower, and from where the horn arose it was attached to a mithril pendant.<BR><BR>Likasta smiled “Tomorrow, sister, tommorow. Now, I shall send a maid to see to you and I shall go tell the news to my husband.” As she approached the door her pale face changed its appearance, her smile turning into en expression of great loss and mourning as the tears streamed down her face. Tiona looked at her and smiled as the Queen left the chamber.<BR><BR>“MyLord” she said softly “I have just received tidings about my father’s death”. The King arose from his bed, as much as he was able to, weakened by his illness. She approached his bed and fell into his arms, crying. “Shed no more tears my Flower, for the fate of Men is same for us all, and his time had passed. But his life was fulfilled and the three of you have made it blissful for him, and thus he died knowing this, a smile upon his lips.” Likasta lifted her head and wiped away her tears. “My brother is to become King now. The coronation is in fifteen days time, and I must come. I see you do not feel strong enough to come with me, MyLord.” The King pondered a while, but before he utterd any words, she spoke again :”Tis better that you stay here and rest till you regain your full strength, my sister Tiona is here now, and I shall go with her. We leave tomorrow morning.” She got up “I shall leave you to your rest now, MyLord” she kissed his forhead and slowly left the room.<BR><BR>Going back to her chamber, she met a great friend of her husband’s who was visiting Rohan, and it was Elphir, son of Imrahil, the Prince of Dol Amroth. Seeing the Queen with a grieft strucken face he inquired about the reasons, fearing for the King’s health. She explained the situation when he offered to accompany them to the coronation. “I would be leaving for Angrass either way, for all of the Lords of Men have been invited. Our King Eldarion, the ruler of Gondor and my kinsman shall be there to. I would most gladly accompany you and your sister MyLady” he bowed. “Thank you for your kind words Lord Elphir, I will speak to my sister and let you know in the morning. I shall retire to my chambers and rest now.” <BR><BR>Entering her chamber she was about to tell Tiona that Elphir will come as well, but her sister merely smiled “I know. I heard you talking to him in the corridor.”<BR><BR>Likasta laughed. “Our plan is going well I would say!”<BR><BR>“How is your dear husband? Dying?”<BR><BR>“Not yet. I don’t want it to be too obviuos. I rule in his name as it is for he is too weakened. And for now he serves me better weak, than dead. But I am poisoning him gradually.”
Nalatarigelle
Ranger of the North

Postby Zwiveliere » Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:53 pm

The first light of dawn was colouring the Rohan fields, yet no rays penetrated the heavy velvet curtains of Likasta’s chambers. Instead of the sunlight, urge woke Tiona up, and impatience swelling in her stomach. She streched her arms, and for a moment lied under the sheets enjoying the feeling of things being right where she wanted them. <BR><BR>They were to begin the jurney that day, but first, she wished to see young Mormiroth. She reached for her baggage, took from it a tiny box, and cluched it in her hand as she exited the room.<BR><BR>Mormiroth, her sister son, had much occupied her thoughts being the youngest of her kin. She had never seen him, but she knew a great deal from Likasta’s letters. No matter who his father was, he was his mother’s son, had been since he was born. He had very little respect for anyone but Likasta, and obeyed none save her, not even his father. He was at the gentle age of six, and was cherished by all. A maid was sleeping in front of the door to his chambers, and Tiona moved her aside with her foot as she entered.<BR><BR>And there he was sleeping peacefully, so small in his wide bed. She went to him slowly, and sat beside him as he slept. His long black hair was spread over his pillow, and his pale face appeared stern and much too serious for his age. Gently she stroked his forhead as she spoke:<BR><BR>“Mormiroth?...” she said softly, and he stirred and opened his eyes. He gazed at her suspiciously.<BR><BR>“You are not mother,” he said. <BR><BR>“No, I am not, and be proud, for you saw more clearly then any living man, save one. I am your mother’s sister, Tiona.” She slightly bowed her head, as he sat up straight, with a dignified expresion on his face.<BR><BR>“I woke you from your sleep to tell you your mother’s brother is soon to be a king of the land of your mother’s birth. You shell come with us to celebrate the begining of his reign.” <BR><BR>“Adrras,“ he just said thoughtfully, then started to get up, but Tiona held him. He pulled away, saying: “Why didn’t mother come to wake me up?” <BR><BR>“Don’t be so harsh to me, Mormiroth. I care for you very much, you are very important to me,” but her words did not touch him. He just stared at her, and finally she sighed.<BR><BR>“There is another reason. I wanted to see you... and to give you this.” She held out the box. “It is my gift to you.”<BR><BR>He took the box from the palm of her hand, and slowly opened it, still gazing at her suspiciously. But when his gaze fell on the inside of the tiny chest, his eyes gleamed.<BR><BR>“This is for me?” He held up the black jewel pendant, admired the way it glittered in the gloomy light of the room. “Will you put it around my neck? I can’t do it alone.”<BR><BR>She clasped the chain around his neck, and looked at him. <BR><BR>“You are so beautifull,” she said and he leaned forward for her to kiss him. <BR><BR>“Now, let us go and seek your mother.” He got out of bed, took her hand and they went silently out to the hallway.<BR><BR>Likasta was already up, and was aranging their departure. She kissed her son, and managed to whisper in Tiona’s ear: “I couldn’t sleep all night. I couldn’t wait.”<BR><BR>They left Mormiroth with a made, and Likasta took her to Kings chambers. The room had a sickly air, but she mastered herself and bowed low. <BR><BR>“Greetings, melord. I regret to find you in this state.”<BR><BR>They spoke words of courtesy, and Tiona was glad when they left the room. By that time all was ready for them to leave.<BR><BR>In front of the Golden Hall, a great host of men was gathered. Tiona gazed around. In the morning wind wavered banners, and men were dressed in green and white. All save a small group, clad in white and blue, and among them one figure stood out. “Elphir of Dol Amroth,” whispered Likasta as she walked past her, and went to greet the Lord.<BR>
Zwiveliere
Ranger of the North

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)