The Fight for Freedom

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby ConquestLord » Sun Mar 23, 2003 7:00 pm

<i>The guard shoved Rykago down the spiral stairs. They poked at him with their pikes and halberds, and he made sure he was keeping a steady pace. They arrived at a wooden door, which was rotten and had cuts and gnawing spots on it. Rats littered the ground. Some were dead, and the smell of rotting flesh hung in the air. The guards opened one of the cells, and shoved Rykago into it. There was nothing here, except a brick floor. He sat down on the ground, and wished he had not survived the battle, like so many others had. He needed to escape from this wretched place. He needed to pick the lock somehow, so he could free himself from the cuffs around his arms and the shackles at his ankles.</i><BR><BR><i>After awhile, he began to get lonely. He hummed a lot, and waited to have some company. He knew that there would be more coming. He was not the only one that had surrendered at the battle. A whole battallion gave up when surrounded, and they laid down their weapons. He began to pace around the cell, waiting for the guard's to bring him some food.</i><BR><BR><i>Eventually, he heard footsteps coming down the cold stairs. It was a Gondorian, carrying a tray. He opened the cell, and laid the tray down inside of the cell. He slammed the cell door shut, and spat on the ground as he walked away from Rykago. Rykago crawled over to the food, and began stuffing himself with it. It was one of the worst tasting meals he'd ever had, but he was desperate for food. He needed to get out of here somehow. He began to talk to the rats around him, and actually train them. He trained them to play with him when he was alone, and he'd talk to them also. All of a sudden, he heard voices at the top of the staircase. He knew that they couldn't be bringing him more food, because he just ate. He crawled over to the cell door and put his hands around it. Two guards came down the hallway with another prisoner. They walked right in front of Rykago. They opened the door with a creak, and they pushed the figure into the cell.</i>
ConquestLord
Rider of the Mark

Postby ConquestLord » Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:35 pm

<i>The thing plunked down onto the ground. It shivered as a cold breeze blew from the tower. He couldn't identify if it was male or female. He looked at it. It had beaty eyes, that stared at the ground. It turned its head, and gave a hiss in Rykago's direction. Rykago scrambled back to the edge of his cell, breathing hard as the creature paced around its cell, its eyes staring right at Rykago. Rykago settled down eventually, as one of the guards came down to feed them. He walked across to the creature's cage first, and set the tray of food down.</i><BR><BR><i>Without warning, the creature pounced on the guard, tearing out a chunk of flesh from the guard's neck. The guard gave a horrible yell as he fell down and slammed against the back wall. The creature immediatly sped up the staircase. Rykago sat back and waited for something to happen. He heard a scream upstairs, as the sound echoed off of the stone walls. A guard came down the steps with something with him. When the guard came to Rykago's cell, Rykago could see the creature. It had a deep spear through its chest. The creature was breathing heavily. The guard walked in to the cell with disgust on his face, and deliberately through the creature against the wall. He threw it so hard, the metal pointed spear stuck into the solid rock, and the creature hung there. It looked toward Rykago, helplessness on its face. Rykago could see that it was dying. After about 15 minutes of sitting and waiting, the creature's eyes shut, and its head hung low. It was not dead...yet. Finally, the creature's chest starting slowing down, and eventually, breathing stopped totally. Now Rykago knew, it was dead. Yet again, he heard the guards running down the stairs. Rykago assumed that there was another captive. Maybe, just maybe, this one could help Rykago escape...</i>
ConquestLord
Rider of the Mark

Postby Legolas_fancier » Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:55 pm

<i>Reinda tried to wrench loose from the guards grasp. They obviously had no pity or compassion, so she decided to give none as well. She pulled and yanked and gave them a hard time as they were bringing her down the stairs, but the harder she pulled the harder they clenched there hands on her shoulders and wrists, so she stopped. They were leading her to a cell, and, not to her amazment, they led her to the most foul looking one in the prison. They threw her inside and she fell to the ground. She rose, and began looking around the cell. There was someone else there. She could only see his eyes, and she could tell he was a servent of Mordor by his evil-looking stare. She could not tell who it was, so she spoke in a hoarse whisper out to it while examining the cell</i><BR><BR>You are a fellow prisoner of the accursed war? <BR><BR><i>She stared at him, and then turned the the prison door.There was a silence, then at last the stranger spoke</i>
Legolas_fancier
Shield Bearer

Postby Key_Blade » Tue Mar 25, 2003 5:43 pm

The dark figure stood on the pinnacle of the Gondorian tower. Her black hair was swept into a low pony tail and the scar on her face glistened in the moonlight. Her black pants and shirt were tattered. Her green jacket had been cut and now only came down to the bottom of her ribcage. A wound on her arm was bleeding a black liquid only some would have the nerve to call blood. Her young appearance made her seem only a child. But only some new of her yokai heritage. Her cat-like fiery red eyes burned with hate at the Gondarians surrounded her people's army. she swung down to a ledge where dungeon bars could be seen. Taking time to balance, her oversized sword bounced against her waist, making a low thudding noise against her multiple belts. <BR><BR>Coming to a window, she placed her hand on it, fingers spread far apart. A heat wave seemed to emit from her hand, melting the iron bars. <BR><BR>"Hey you!" the man looked up, a sigh of relief escaping him. After letting the what was remaining of the bars to cool, she threw down a rope and secured it to a flagpole on the tower. After pulling him up, he stood practically hugging the wall and looking down. Aranti went dangerously close to the edge and twirled around in a circle on one foot.<BR><BR>"What are you scared of height?" she taunted the older man.<BR>"Get away from there now little girl." Aranti glared and stepped back a little more.<BR><BR>"I'm not a little girl. I'm probably older than you are!" Being only 5'4" wasn't the best thing. The man turned his attention back to the window. <BR>"Someone else is down there." Aranti shrugged and began to call down when she saw the dungeon door opening. She quickly pulled up the rope and threw it over the other side, leading down to another ledge. She got out another rope and tied it, motioning for the man to come with her.<BR><BR>"But someone else is in there!" Aranti scowled.<BR>"We'll get that person later! Come on!" she saw the man gulp and smirked at the thought of a grown man afraid of heights. They made it safely to the ledge.<BR><BR>"I'm Aranti," she said, holding out her gloved hand.
Key_Blade
Rider of the Mark

Postby Legolas_fancier » Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:10 pm

ooc: blade, go to the ooc:fight for freedom. thanx
Legolas_fancier
Shield Bearer

Postby Legolas_fancier » Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:14 pm

(accident post. please forget it's here.)
Legolas_fancier
Shield Bearer

Postby Legolas_fancier » Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:14 pm

(another accident post. CURSE THE MOUSE! you click once and it thinks twice. confounded little thing)
Legolas_fancier
Shield Bearer

Postby ElvenWanderer » Wed Mar 26, 2003 6:14 pm

Leighna walked slowly down the corridors of the prison. The guards gave her smug looks. One of the guards stepped in front of her, blocking her way. "You will move or die." she said to him coldly.<BR><BR>"A pretty girl such as yourself shoudn't be down here all alone." he said. "Tis no place for a woman." But at the sight of Leighna's blade at his throat, he stepped out of her way.<BR><BR>"Thank you." Leighna said with mock kindness. She continued down the dark, musty hallway. The men at the prison knew her well, and most feared her. There were precious few who would dare to oppose her. They were fools. The daughter of a lord she was. She felt great compassion for the prisoners. She always gave them extra food when the guards weren't looking. A battle had taken place a few days before. She was headed to talk to the captives. She reached a cell which was most foul. She reached into a small leather pouch and extracted a small ring of keys. These she had stolen when one of the guards wasn't looking. <BR><BR>She unlocked the door, and peered in. A man looked up at her, surprise eviden ton his face. He obviously hadn't expected to see a woman in there. there was also a woman in the room. "I will not harm you. I am Leighna. It looks a bit awful in here, i can send you to a different cell, if you wish." her gray eyes showed compassion.
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby ConquestLord » Wed Mar 26, 2003 6:30 pm

<i>Rykago stood up as a woman entered his cell. She asked him his name. "I am Rykago, servant of Mor.." He didn't want to finish the sentence. She asked them if they would prefer something more comfortable, or stay here. He said they would rather go to somewhere more comfortable. She went over to the other prisoner's cell, and asked if she would like to join. The other prisoner gave a shy nod, and she led them up the spiral staircase, to the main hall. They knew that if the lady left them at any moment, arrows would kill them. Rykago knew their plan was not to get comfortable, it was to escape. They were led to a small room, where there was shelfs and racks of items. There were two plates of food waiting for them. The Lady ushered them in, and said, "Eat, Eat!" They both ate anxiously. When they were done, she took them out of the door. She ushered them to follow her, but Rykago stood there and asked, "Where are we going?"</i>
ConquestLord
Rider of the Mark

Postby Key_Blade » Wed Mar 26, 2003 10:08 pm

((ooc: I'm going to be starting after eebrownie and jedi)
Key_Blade
Rider of the Mark

Postby Legolas_fancier » Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:34 pm

<i>Reinda's voice was sharp and you could tell she definitly was not having a good day</i><BR><BR>Yes, where ARE we going? I tell you, whether we are imprisoned or not we will not be bought with mere food.<BR><BR><BR><i>Reinda's patience was wearing. They needed to act soon. She stared at Leighna, as if to say "I'm not as pleasant as I look. Watch your back." This was saying something alright, for she did not look pleasant at all, covered in soot & slime. To Reinda's surprise, Leighna seemed to give the same stare back. They both turned away and Leighna led on. Over a million questions zoomed around in Reinda's head, but she tryed not to show it. <BR><BR><BR>She glanced at the other prisoner, this "Rykago" fellow. She could tell the same questions were in his head. They exchanged suspicous looks, as if deciding upon something.</i><BR><BR>"I do not trust this woman," she murmured out of the corner of her mouth to Rykago.<BR>
Legolas_fancier
Shield Bearer

Postby ElvenWanderer » Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:43 pm

Leighna turned around mid step to face the man. He was, she decided, quite handsome. “Why, I’m getting you out of here, unless you object, that is?” The look on his face was that of pure shock and disbelief. “You heard me. Now, I’ll need a night to prepare for everything. So I am going to move you deeper into the prison. The guards are only at the outer parts, because the tunnels are all being watched at the ends. The tunnels are solid stone. There is no way of breaking out from them.” Her mind was fast at work. “Now, I’ll need to get your weapons. They have them all piled up in a room. I will get them later. What weapons did you carry, and what markings did they have?” <BR><BR>After getting a description of them, she continued to lead them deeper into the heart of the prison. As Leighna said, they met no guards on their way down. They turned into a narrow hallway, and stopped in front of a door. Leighna turned to the woman. “This is yours.” She opened the door. Inside was a bed, a wash table, and a chair. “The prisoners in this section of the facility are usually nobles who didn’t pay taxes or something to that effect. They are served food twice a day, and otherwise, they are left alone. Most of them are fat and lazy, so there is no need for the guards to be here. They pose no more of a threat than a squirrel.” The woman entered the room, thanked Leighna, and went to lay down. “I’m sorry, but I have to lock you in here." Leighna said sorrowfully. "Because on the off chance a guard DOES come to these parts, I don’t want them to think you’re trying anything.” So she closed and locked the door. She and the man walked a few more steps down the corridor, and stopped at yet another door. <BR><BR>“Right. Your room." She opened the door. The setup was exactly like that of the one in the woman’s quarters. She looked at the man. His wrists were cut and bleeding slightly from the ropes the guards had put on him when he first came to the prison. “Does that hurt you?” The man shook his head, but Leighna lead him to the chair, where he sat down. She took a small piece of cloth from the table, and dipped the tip of it into the water. She kneeled down in front of the man, and took his wrist. She cleaned his wound as best she could, and then stood up to leave. “I’ll come for you tomorrow night.” She said, without looking at him. “I’ll have your weapons for you. We’ll have to get your armor tomorrow before we leave.” She turned to face him. <BR><BR>“You know, I don’t believe in either good or evil. These men of Gondor, they say they are on the side of good, yet look how they treat their prisoners. No kindness, even to those who aren’t servants of the darkness. Though never has a servant of Mordor been so cooperative and… friendly.” She smiled at the look on his face and said “Yes, I’ve known all along. I told you, I know everything that goes on around here. I cannot betray your trust at this point. So do not fear it. I am in this too, and the warden will have my head if he finds out. He is just waiting for en excuse to get rid of me. He said I scare the guards, and thus they cannot do their job.” <BR><BR>Leighna smiled slyly. “Well now, I had better go. I’ve much to prepare.” She sighed and walked out the door. “Ah, wait!” She said, and turned to speak with him. “That spot there, in the corner…” She said, pointing. “The wall is a bit weak there. It is thin, and voices can be heard from the other side. That woman is in there. I figured you two might wish to talk a bit. Good Night.” Leighna closed the door, locked it, and continued down the hall. “Why am I risking my life to save them?” she thought to herself. “It doesn’t matter anymore. I keep my promises. I will get them out.” She continued to ask herself “Why them?” the entire way back to the entrance. She stepped out into the sun, and sat down, leaning against a tree. “There is something about that man.” She told herself. Oh well, she’d figure it out. <BR><BR>It started to rain, and she walked back inside, her mind fast at work thinking of a plan to get them out of the prison alive.
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby Legolas_fancier » Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:34 pm

<BR><i>Reinda sat down on the bed. She seemed.....shocked. This lady was trying to get them out? It didn't seem right. Somehow, no matter how "kind" Leighna seemed to be, Reinda didn't trust her. What kind of lady would risk her life to help followers of evil? It just didn't seem right. But if she got them out, Reinda didn't really care whether it "seemed right"..............but she would keep her eye on her. Reinda was brought up to trust no one, and she hasn't since. She didn't even know if she trusted this companion of hers, Rykago. She didn't know anything about him. somehow, Reinda felt like she was on her own. She would have to use her skills to get out, not anyone elses. Reinda layed back on the bed and started planning her escape.</i>
Legolas_fancier
Shield Bearer

Postby ConquestLord » Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:04 pm

<i>Rykago leaned back on his bed. He wondered if there would be a siege here, to save anymore prisoners. He knew that there were other prisoners in this place, there had to be. He hoped that his Father, one of Sauron's most important officers, would siege this bloody place and rescue his son, a Prince in the army. Rykago whispered over to the door nextdoor. No response. He whispered a little louder, and the woman responded. He said to her, "How are we going to get out of here?" She heard a sound of frustration, and she gave no answer. He walked over to his quarters, and sat down on the table. There was nothing more to do, but wait. He needed his armor badly. He needed his weapon badly. He needed to get out of this place, and return to his Father, and his lord Sauron. He paced around the room, for what seemed like an eternity. Finally, the woman creaked open the door. With her, was his sword, aka The Blade of Doom.</i>
ConquestLord
Rider of the Mark

Postby Legolas_fancier » Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:27 pm

<i>Reinda heard the door open in the other room. She crept closer to the wall and listened in</i>
Legolas_fancier
Shield Bearer

Postby ElvenWanderer » Fri Mar 28, 2003 4:32 am

Leighna panicked. She had spent over an hour in the weapon room, finding the swords and such. She was leaving the room when she overheard the Warden talking. He was laughing. “The Mordor captives are to be executed at dawn tomorrow.” Leighna heard this and fear raced through her. She almost dropped the weapons as she ran back to the cells.<BR><BR> She unlocked the door to Ryakgo’s room as she tried to regain her composure. When she was calm enough, she opened the door. “We have a problem.” Ryakgo looked at her questioningly. “You are going to be executed tomorrow morning. We have to leave, NOW. I’ll be right back. Stay here.” She unlocked the woman’s room and entered. The she-elf looked at her blankly. “Get ready. Meet me in Ryakgo’s room.” She walked back into the man’s room and sat down in the chair, nervously rubbing her hands together. “This wasn’t supposed to happen.” She looked Ryakgo in the eye and sighed. “You need to trust me. I give you my word that I won’t betray you. You just have to trust me.” The woman walked in the room looking furious. <BR><BR>“What is going on?” She asked roughly.<BR><BR>“Well, put it this way, you have a choice. Escape tonight or die. Which would you prefer?” Leighna said impatiently. “It should be dark by now. Follow me, don’t fall behind, and be silent.” She said, handing them their weapons and leading them from the room. She paused for a moment, as if deciding which way to go, and continued further down the narrow hallway. “The fool guards should be mostly asleep now.” She said, in barely more than a whisper. They kept moving. The tunnels forked in many places, and soon the captives lost track of which way they were going. <BR><BR>“Are you sure you know where you’re going?” the woman asked her after they had taken yet another left turn. <BR><BR>“I’ve been roaming these tunnels since I was little. Of course I do!” Leighna snapped at her. After what seemed like forever, they saw a light ahead. “The beginning of the outer tunnels. Stay. I’ll be right back.” She continued forward confidently. It was a small rounded room, in which was a chair and small table. The hallway continued through the other side of the chamber. On the chair was a sleeping guard. Leighna forced back a smile. She motioned for them to come quietly. She stayed there until they had passed. They were waiting for her in the shadow of the hallway. Leighna inhaled dust and coughed. She cursed under her breath as the guard awoke. <BR><BR>“Leighna? Why are you here? Is something wrong?” He asked her.<BR><BR>She smiled. “As a matter of fact, there is something I need to tell you.” She hesitated for a moment, then spoke. “Prisoners are to be executed tomorrow morning, you know.” He nodded. “I wonder what they’re thinking right now” She thought to herself, then continued out loud. “I have come from Warden. You are to report to him now. He sent me to watch your post while he speaks to you.” He sighed, and nodded. “You are a new guard here, are you not?” He nodded yet again. “Warden is very impatient. The way to the right is much faster.” She was hoping to lead him away from the captives. The guard stood up, thanked her, and left down the right passage. She breathed a sigh of relief. When he was out of earshot, she spoke again. “Fool. He’ll be wandering around there for days. He won’t die though. Someone is bound to find him.” She was really not in a good mood at this point. She grit her teeth in aggravation. “We can’t stop or we’ll never make it out on time.” <BR><BR>A few minutes later, they paused in front of a wooden door. She unlocked it, and the prisoners peered in. “Armor room. Get what you need. Five minutes and we start moving again.” Leighna sat down on the cold stone floor. She was a different person now from the one Ryakgo met. She couldn’t afford to be caring right now, she needed to be ready. All their lives depended on her knowing what to do. They still had to double back to get to the passage. How much time did they have left? She hadn’t been down that passage since she was a little girl. Was it still safe? Was it even still open? She stood up and looked down to make sure her sword could be ready in less than a moment’s notice. She was deadly with a sword. Better than most male warriors, in fact. She suddenly realized that this would probably be the last time she would see the inside of this place. <BR><BR>Her thoughts, surprisingly, drifted to her brother, Korim. What had become of him? They had been very close, and she missed him. <BR>
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby ConquestLord » Fri Mar 28, 2003 5:04 am

Rykago looked through the armor, until he found his plate armor. He suited it on as quietly as he could. He could tell it was his due to the Eye of Mordor that was on his right shoulder. He put it on, and then looked around for his helmet. Sure enough, he found it. It had two small eye slits, and it looked like a bucket. He would like to have his cape, but he knew it might attract too much attention, for it itself had a huge Eye of Mordor sewn into it. He merely rolled it up and shoved it under his armor. He peered through the door, looking to see if there were any guards. <BR><BR>There was 1 guard, heading right for the armor room. He questioned Leighna about this. She said, "Something is not right, guards are never about this late." Rykago motioned for them all to hide in the darkness, and indeed they did. Rykago saw a bow and an arrow right next to him. He cocked it, and waited until the guard was in the room. The door creaked open, and the guard was singing some kind of tune as he walked in. He saw the other prisoner had a bow, too. Instinctively, they both fired. 2 arrows buried themselves into the guard's brain.<BR><BR>He fell on the armor, making another noise. This might alert more guards. He made sure the other girl had her armor on, and he motioned for Leighna to lead them. Quickly, they followed her down another odd passageway, hoping this would lead them to escape.
ConquestLord
Rider of the Mark

Postby ElvenWanderer » Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:30 pm

"You shouldn't have killed him!" Leighna hissed. She walked over and looked at the dead man. "I knew him. He was always a stubborn mule, but he took orders well. Oh well, we shall continue." She said passively, stepping over the man's body. She lead them down another passageway. <BR><BR>What seemed like an eternity later, they reached a dead end. "Wonderful. I thought you knew where you were going?!" cried the she-elf furiously. <BR><BR>Leighna spun around to face the woman. "If you like your tongue where it is, you will shut your mouth and allow me to continue." Her gray eyes were like thunder clouds. She turned back around to face the wall, and ran her hand along the edge near the corner where the walls met. She felt along the ridge for the crevice, and finally found it. She pulled, and the wall swung open to reveal a set of stairs. "Ha. I just hope it's still safe..." she said quietly. <BR><BR>At that moment, she heard muffled yelling and turned to look. "I'll go check it out," she said hastily. "You two go down there and wait." she said, pointing down the stairway. "But don't go too far ahead. there is a maze of tunnels down there also. You'll get lost and die if you're not careful." They nodded. <BR><BR>Leighna sighed and followed the yelling, as it got ever louder. It was still very soft and muffled by the door, but her elven ears picked up the sound easily. She fumbled for her keys. She heard voices in the hallway. Guards! She ran to the stair passage and closed it. <BR><BR>She raced back to the cell, unlocked the door, and rushed in, closing the door behind her.
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby eebrownie » Sat Mar 29, 2003 8:14 am

Prison was difficult for Búbtakh. The poor boy would have given anything to be back home, yet here he was in a dark prison and he began to feel that everything was hopeless. He blamed his capture on many things: his inability to weild a sword, his father pushing him to join the army anyway, and himself for doing it. He was tired, dirty, and forlorn. He was 19, but to anyone who saw him, they would have seen nothing but a sad little boy. <BR><BR>Days began to run together. He knew he must have been there for over two weeks now, without seeing anyone but the guard who brought him food. He was a useless prisoner; he couldn't offer any military secrets and they would probably execute him soon. <BR><BR>His life seemed at an all time low. He slumped against the wall of his cell and began to cry. At first it was just a tear or two, but he continued crying until he was sobbing and yelling. He could care less if anyone heard him. He stood up and began to beat against the bars of his cell still wailing. He heard guards coming but he continued. "Would you shut your mouth?!?" they angrily shouted at him. He didn't. "I am going to beat you and give you something to cry about!" one guard threatened. The guard began to get his keys to open the door, but a woman showed up. She was beautiful. Suddenly Búbtakh was embarrassed for crying.
eebrownie
Rider of the Mark

Postby ElvenWanderer » Sat Mar 29, 2003 8:31 am

Leighna looked to the prisoner. The guards showed up and she gave them a fierce look. "Leave. NOW." she said to them angrily. "I can handle this. I am not a baby. GO!" They shrugged, and started to walk away. Leighna turned to the prisoner. "There is no need to be yelling! Fool! They are just waiting for an excuse to kill you! Which, by the way, they are going to do tomorrow morning anyway." The boy looked up at her, an expression of terror written on his face. <BR><BR>"I do not want to die." he said, and almost started to cry again. <BR><BR>Leighna hesitated. "Please, don't cry. I'll... get you out of here. You are young still, my guess is that you were fighting for Mordor." The boy nodded. "Not a very good soldier, are you?" she asked, teasing him. She walked to the door and peered out while talking to him. "No matter. I'll just have to teach you when we get out of here. And no, I am not a prisoner, if that is what you thought at first." She looked at him and smiled. "Come now, there is no need to cry. You must be brave now. Follow me." <BR><BR>She led him quietly down to the dead end. She opened the wall, and started down the first set of crumbling, dirty steps. When the boy was in, she closed the door, and it was completely dark. "Be careful. These steps are very old, and not very sturdy." She said. "By the way, my name is Leighna. What might your name be?" she asked. Before he could answer, they caught up with Ryakgo and Reinda. "I was afraid you had gone ahead." She said, and introduced the boy to them. Reinda gave her a look clearly saying "not another one?"<BR><BR>"Reinda, i couldnt just leave him."
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby eebrownie » Sat Mar 29, 2003 8:55 am

The woman told the soldiers to leave, and to Búbtakh's immense surprise, they did. She seemed strong and brave and Búbtakh tried to appear so also, but when she told him that his execution was to be tomorrow, he wavered. Tears welled up in his eyes again and he said, "I don't want to die." The words were simple but he was feeling so much more. He thought of his brothers, his parents, and all the people and things he loved and how he would never see them again. <BR><BR>The woman picked right up on his lack of weaponry skills and Búbtakh decided she must be very smart or atleast good at reading people. But again, to the surprise of the small boy, she said something that caused him to look at her differently, "...when we get out of here." <BR><BR>He followed her, but he did not feel brave. He led her to a dead end, but the way opened. His eyes grew large with wonder and his dirt and tear streaked face formed a smile. He looked at Leighna and wondered if she was a princess or possessed magical skills like some of the characters in stories he had heard back home. <BR><BR>He walked through and there were two more people. A man, who looked like he was strong, brave, wise, rough, and important. Somebody like Búbtkah would want to be. And another woman. She was also beautiful and she looked courageous as well, but not happy to see him. <BR><BR>Búbtakh had come from a lonely prison cell, to being with three people who he would give anything to be like. <i>Maybe they will teach me to be like them,</i> he thought anxiously. <i>But what if they see how foolish and cowardly I am? They won't want me tagging along. I will have to try to be brave.</i>
eebrownie
Rider of the Mark

Postby ConquestLord » Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:43 am

Rykago was surprised by Búbtakh. He never would've guessed that a 19 year old boy would be serving in the Army of Sauron. He looked at Leighna and said, "You know...you know you are risking everything by helping us escape." She gave a nod and said, "Yes, but I must." Rykago introduced himself to Búbtakh, and they shook hands. Rykago turned and peered through the door. The guards were gone, as Leighna had wanted. Rykago said, "If we plan on getting out of here, we must be well armored. Búbtakh has no armor or weapon with him at the time. Leighna, would you do us a favor, and retrieve some weapons and armor for this lad. They don't have to fit, just make sure they're useable." Rykago turned back to the door, and he quietly opened it. He ushered for Reinda to come also. She gave him a stern look, and followed. Rykago put out his hand at Búbtakh, so that he would stay there. <BR><BR>Rykago looked around the room for anything useful. He found some pieces of gold, and he gladly stuffed it in his pocket. He heard voices and shadows coming from down the hallway, but they soon passed. This would not be easy, getting past here. He thought about all the other prisoners, how some of them might be getting killed by the Gondorians. His eyes lit aflame, and his temper got the best of him. He thrashed around, angrily pacing, thinking of something to do. He swung out a sword, and hit a bookcase. It made a clank, and the guards heard it. 2 guards came running up the steps. They needed to dispose of them, even though Leighna would deffinetly not approve.<BR><BR>As the guards creaked open the door, Rykago turned to Reinda. She had her bow ready, to fire into the first guard. Rykago drew out his sword, and put up his shield. The guards looked around for a bit and saw nothing, because Rykago and Reinda were hiding in the shadows. Then, one of them saw movement, and Reinda released her arrow. It shot at the man, sinking into his head. He fell down against the ground. Then, Rykago pounced out, and slashed the Gondorian across the head. They were both gone in an instant. There were a few blood stains across the floor. Rykago dragged each of the bodies back into the shadow. Luckily, no more guards came. Then, they saw Leighna come clanking up the stairs...
ConquestLord
Rider of the Mark

Postby Key_Blade » Sat Mar 29, 2003 11:38 am

((ooc: okay now I come in.)<BR><BR>Aranti kicked and screamed as she dragged into the dungeon corridors. Her shoulder length black hair was matted and damp and her clothes slightly stained with blood. <BR><BR>She saw where they were taking her. To the dungeons on death row. She jumped up and put her feet against the wall, pushing on the wall and bashing the guards onto the other side. Hands still bound, she ran through the various corridors trying to find a way out. Stopping at an open gate, she rubbed the ropes that bound her hands against the sharp edge until they snapped apart. <BR><BR>The sound of clanking armor could be heard in the next hall. Pressing herself up against the wall, she slowly inched towrad the corner. Peering around the grey stone, she saw to guards, laying dead in the shadows. Farther down, a young man only about a year or two older than her stood in front of a door as noise could be heard coming out of it.<BR><BR>She walked up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder. He jumped and cursed at the sight of the girl. The scar across her face glistened with anger and sweat as she spoke.<BR>"What's going on? Have we breached the tower?" the young man shook his head.<BR>"No, we're just escaping." Minutes later, another older man and a woman came out of the room. They looked from the young man to Aranti. They glanced down at her attire. Black pants and shirt with a leather dark green jacket that stopped at the bottom of her rib cage. she had multiple belts and an oversized sword that hung on the largest of the three. Aranti didn't have any armor. Another girl, most definately Gondorian, came up to them with armor. Of what was left, Aranti chose a shoulder plate, a small shield that she strapped to her back, and a black leather wrist guard. She tied her hair once again into a low ponytail. <BR><BR>"I'm afraid we haven't met," the man said, obviously slightly annoyed at her presence. Aranti merely looked at him with an unemotional face.<BR>"I'm sorry, I'm Aranti."
Key_Blade
Rider of the Mark

Postby ElvenWanderer » Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:40 pm

Leighna cursed as she handed the armor to the boy. "As if we didn't already have enough to worry about!" She said furiously. "I hope you realize now that if we don't make it out, we will certainly all die. Those passageways are our only hope. They are underneath the dungeons. Very few know it even exists, and none would think to look there." She glared coldy at the Aranti. "And YOU. I heard you screaming even up in the armor room! These halls echo, you foolish girl!" she started cursing in Elvish, her native tongue. Her gray eyes were like thunder clouds. She locked eyes with the young boy, who was obviously more than a bit worried about Leighna's anger. <BR><BR>"What have I gotten myself into?" She asked out loud in Elvish. She looked at Aranti. "Fine. You can come with us if you wish. But you give me any problems, and i'll kill you. Make no mistake about that. I am in charge right now. Do you have a problem with that?" Leighna didn't wait for an answer, but stormed past Aranti, going deeper into the tunnels. She could hear their footsteps behind her. <BR><BR>Rykago had asked her before if she realized that she was risking everything for them. She did know it... but she did not know why. When she saw Rykago in that cell, she couldn't help but feel sorry for the man. It wasn't just for him anymore, now three other people depended on her, and her life was at stake. She wanted to be back home, in Lothlorien. Her mother had come from Imladris, and her father was of Lothlorien... she didn't have time to think of such things now.<BR><BR>Leighna's hands were balled into fists, and she grit her teeth. She was foolish to help these people. No matter how mad she was, every time she looked at Rykago, her anger wavered. "Why?" was the question she asked herself over and over while they were in the tunnels. Her companions were starting to give her strange looks after a while of hearing her talk to herself.
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby Key_Blade » Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:56 pm

Aranti looked strangely at Leighna. If she became lost, she could very well take care of herself. But when the girl started cursing in elvish, it made Aranti want to fall over laughing. It was one thing to hear someone talking angerly in elvish but to actually understand what they were saying in the beautiful language was quite amusing. Aranti mentally slapped herself. Did she actually just the language of an enemy beautiful? She looked over at the man whose name still escaped her then at the younger boy. His eyes met hers and she looked away, blushing. Gosh what was wrong with her? <BR><BR>"Well are we going?" she asked, whispering this time. Leighna only glared at her. <BR>"We'll be needing preparations. The tunnels are long and will take a few days to find our way through the passages." <BR>"Then lead me to the kitchen!" Aranti exclaimed, almost too loudly. The others seemed annoyed, but they didn't know how far out of her comfort zone Aranti was getting. She was usually very remote and hardly ever talked to anyone. Leighna left once again to gather food and such so the others went into the storage room. Aranti looked over the fallen shelf. One book stood out among the rest.<BR><BR>"Secret Passage of the Moon Letters," she read aloud to herself. It was a book, almost a journal on how to read moonscript. It showed maps of tunnels Aranti could only guess to be part of the road they would soon be taking. The pendant around her neck pulsed red and she went over to the corner and sat down. Someone was contacting her from Barad Dur.
Key_Blade
Rider of the Mark

Postby ConquestLord » Sat Mar 29, 2003 2:47 pm

Rykago knew Leighna would be furious at everyone, and she might even give up on them. He didn't understand elvish, but he knew she was very mad. Rykago didn't want to be there when Leighna got back. Rykago crept down the stairway when the members of the escape weren't looking. He crept down, farther and farther to the bottom. No longer could he wait for the others. He needed to get out, and fast. All of a sudden, Rykago had a flashback.<BR><BR><i>Rykago remembered being here before. Yes, this exact place. This was not the only time he had escaped from a prison. He remembered the hallways, and for a moment, a map flashed in his head. A stranger had led him out 7 years ago. He tried to remember the hallways, and he remembered reaching the exit, breathing the fresh air again.</i><BR><BR>Rykago was shook back into reality. He knew he must separate from the rest of the party. They were going at too slow a pace. It was every man for himself now. Rykago crept down the hallways, eliminating guards as they came about him. He would drag them into the nearest door, and try to hide the blood stains. He continued to creep down one of the halls.<BR><BR>He came to another hall, that seemed endless. He tried hard to remember if this was the way, and it seemed familiar. He ran down the hall, at his fastest pace without being caught. Another guard came around the corner, and he quickly pulled out his bow. He landed an arrow into the guard's brain. He ran over to the guard, and dragged him into a room. The room was filled with gold and riches, each shining its own golden light. Rykago knew, when he would siege this castle and get all the other prisone's out, he would take that gold for Mordor...
ConquestLord
Rider of the Mark

Postby Key_Blade » Sat Mar 29, 2003 3:48 pm

Aranti had seen the man leaving. so she followed him. The other two were either completely unaware that they were gone or they wanted to wait for Leighna to show the way. When she caught up to him. He had killed another guard and had dragged him into a room filled with riches. He turned around and started as he saw her in the doorway.<BR><BR>"Damn, what are you doing here?" Aranti only glared at him.<BR>"I'm just as tired as waiting as you. I've just gotten word from Morder. I must lead another squad through the border." The man blinked. <BR>"You lead orcs through the border?" Aranti stood up straight. <BR>"Yes." was her only answer. <BR>"I gave you all my name. I would very much like to know someone elses save for Leighna's." <BR><BR>"I'm Rykago." He pulled a golden dagger set with red jewels out of a pile of gold and sheathed it in an empty leather sheath. He brushed passed her and set off down the halls. she followed. Soon after, he turned and scowled.<BR><BR>"You're still here?" Aranti angerly thrust a gloved finger at his chest.<BR>"Look, I have to get back Mordor now! It's up to me to bring a reinforcement squad into Gondor alive." Man, that felt good talking to someone about the pressure she was under. Her fiery red eyes glistened. Many thought her a little girl but being a yokai made her almost like an elf, immortal like one at least. Rykago only shook his head and started off again.<BR><BR>"You can come, but you better keep up."
Key_Blade
Rider of the Mark

Postby ElvenWanderer » Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:22 am

Leighna returned, angry as ever. "You fools!" she hissed at the remaining two prisoners. "You just let them leave?! Weren't you watching?!" They just looked at her as she ran down the tunnels, listening for sounds. She didn't have to listen much, because there were a few dead bodies laying about. "Rykago..." she thought. She would kill them with her bare hands ere she found them! She heard talking, and slowed down. She was sure they could not hear or see her. <BR><BR>She crept through the shadows, and came up behind Aranti. Pulling out her sword silently, she grabbed Aranti and held her blade up to Aranti's neck. Aranti let out a strangled cry and Rykago turned around. "I <i>thought</i> I could trust you not to go anywhere." she said quietly, but coldly. "you don't know where you're going. If you go the wrong way, which you ARE... you'll either wander around in circles forver, eventually dying, or you'll have to retrace your steps and go back up through the prison." she didn't release her hold on Aranti. "But the latter shouldn't be too hard. Just follow the dead bodies..." she looked at Rykago angrily. She had never been so mad in her life. "If you want to go... fine. But i'll not have you sneak off. You're endangering the rest of our lives too, you know." <BR><BR>Aranti tried to speak, but Leighna just pressed the sword blade against her throat harder. Aranti tried to move out of Leighna's grasp, but Leighna was too strong. She expertly moved her sword, and the tip of it nicked the side of Aranti's neck, making her bleed slightly. "keep your mouth shut and don't move." Leighna said angrily. Leighna's grasp prohibitted any movements Aranti might try to make.<BR><BR>"Rykago, if we keep moving, we can get out of here by nightfall. We can only move in the dark, because everything is too open in the daytime. Plus, there is no moon tonight. We could have been halfway to the exit by now. But we have to go back and retrieve the others. I won’t leave them here to die.” She said finally. “I told you I’d help you get out. But I won’t watch you die because of your own stupidity. Is that clear? The only reason I stopped before was because the boy needed rest. We’ll be out soon. But you have to trust me. And I need to be able to trust you also.”<BR><BR>She released her hold on Aranti, and pushed her forward. “You’ve been trouble since we came upon you. I’ll have no more problems with you, is that clear?” Aranti glared coldly at Leighna, but Leighna barely noticed. “The others will be getting worried. I don’t like being in here anymore than the rest of you.” Leighna tossed Aranti a cloth from her pack. “For the blood. Next time I tell you not to move, don’t. If you are coming, then come. If not, I’m not going to stop you. But I advise you to listen to me.” <BR><BR>Leighna turned to leave. She started walking back towards the others. She could hear footsteps, but she wasn’t sure whose, or in which direction they were going. The halls echoed, and everything sounded the same. <BR><BR>She reached the others, and the boy looked at her, a frightened expression on his face. <BR><BR>“What? Do you think I killed them?” she asked, amused. He shrugged, and she laughed. “No, I didn’t. I just had a little talk with them. I’m not sure if they followed me back or not. We’ll wait a little to see if they did. While we’re waiting, I’ll give you a lesson.” He looked at her questioningly. “Here, us my sword. It’s lighter, and easier to handle than the Gondorian swords. Mine is Elvish. Come.” She handed him the sword. He looked at it, and then up at her. “Here, hold it like this.” She said to him as she showed him. “Good.” Then she showed him how to strike and parry with it. “Now try against me.” He gave her a nervous look. “I know you can do it.” She said kindly. <BR><BR>Leighna reached into her pack and found what she was looking for. She pulled out the strange-looking weapons. “I made them myself.” She said proudly. They were black leather armlets, and the ends were like that of gloves, but there were blades on them. She put them on and balled up her hands into fists. The blades went from just below the elbow down to the very edge of her fist. The blade itself was attached to the leather the whole way down, and was razor sharp. It was in an arched form. She looked to the boy. “Now, let’s go. I’ll block you.” <BR>
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby Legolas_fancier » Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:46 pm

<i>Now that Rykago and Aranti had left, Reinda was left with Leighna and this new boy, Bubtakh, or whatever he called himself. They went on and they finall reached a dark corner where they stopped to give the boy a rest. Reinda used this time to think about the current situation. She was the only servant of mordor here with any brains. She needed to get out. She needed to get back to Mordor, before anyone discovered who she was, and what she had done. For she thought for sure Leighna would not be helping here as she had if she had known. Finally, Reinda reached a decision. She would have to get along (or at least pretend to get along) with Leighna, for their arguings were only slowing things down.</i><BR><BR>"So you do know where you're going? I must tell you it suprises me."<BR>Reinda's face turned into a faint smile. "Listen, we both need to get out of here with our lives. The two of us are the only ones with any sense of what we are doing, now that Rykago has left us, and we need to work together rather than against each other. This is but a truce, for we will get out of here much faster if out quarrels do not interupt us. Agreed?"<BR><BR><i>Reinda looked towards where Rykago had left. She knew she would have to meet up with him at one point, for the journey back to Mordor would be difficult, and neither of them would make it far on their own. Although, they had both picked up two little tag alongs, Aranti and Bubtakh. Reinda had the feeling that Bubtakh would be more of a hinderance than a help, but she decided, like she had with Leighna, she would have to learn to get along with him.</i><BR><BR>"Oh, and by the way," Reinda stared at Bubtakh, "My name is Reinda, and don't you forget it. From what I can tell of your character, I am your only ticket out of here, so stay close. And shape up man! Do you not have any dignity?" she gave him a look of disgust. "Now, lest you either disagree, I say we get out of here, with our lives preferably."<BR> <BR><i>Although to most this didn't sound like getting along with him, for Reinda it was great improvment. She drew her sword. She finally felt like she knew what she was doing. She was no longer a lost prisoner (which she had felt like for a brief spell) but Reinda of Mordor, one no prison could hold. For the past couple of days, she had lost that feeling. But now everything was rushing back to her. She was determined to get out of there.</i>
Legolas_fancier
Shield Bearer

Postby eebrownie » Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:22 pm

Búbtakh knew that most of his companions didn't think much of him. The boy was weak, cowardly, and shy, but he wasn't stupid. Reinda especially seemed to feel that he was just a hinderance somebody that held up their escape. The only person that half way acknowledged him with any hint that they were equals was Leighna. <BR><BR>As much as he admiredRykago, when he and Aranti left Búbtakh decided to stay with Leighna; she seemed to know where she was going. He waited with Reinda for her return in a very awkward silence. The truth was that Búbtakh was scared of her. She seemed the type that would possibly kill him if he got under foot too much. <BR><BR>Búbtakh was beginning to feel guilty that he was with them. He felt that he was slowing down their journey and that perhaps it would have been better for him to have stayed in prison and been executed. After all, these were the great warriors and why should he hinder them and be the cause of their end? He sat down on a rock and Leighna returned. She stormed right by him and went to find the others. She cursed in a foreign tongue. Búbtakh looked wide eyed with fear at Reinda, but she was paying no attention to him. Would she kill them? She seemed angry enough. He heard yelling, but she returned and seemed to guess his thoughts, for she said, “What? Do you think I killed them? No, I didn’t. I just had a little talk with them. I’m not sure if they followed me back or not. We’ll wait a little to see if they did. While we’re waiting, I’ll give you a lesson.”<BR><BR>To his amazement and fear she was going to give him lessons in sword fighting. She handed him the most beautiful sword he had ever seen. He took it with an unsure hand, and knew he was about to be embarrassed infront of people he admired. "I suppose I'll just do my best and perhaps she can teach me to be skilled someday," he thought. Leighna strapped on leather gloves with blades and told him to fight her. Reinda looked amused. He half-heartedly swung the sword and she blocked it easily. "Give it a little more life than that!" she said. And he swung it again and was blocked. She gave him tips and he tried to follow. She was very patient with him and encouraged him. "She is a much different teacher than Father," he thought, "Perhaps I will make it home and show them all that I am good for something." He smiled and swung the sword again.
eebrownie
Rider of the Mark

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)