Mods :( Please Lock Bye Everyone in this thread

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Mods :( Please Lock Bye Everyone in this thread

Postby OrlandoBloomissohot » Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:45 am

Liena threw herself down upon the amber colored grass. she had made up her mind she is going to find her mother anf father. she stood up and walked to her house. she took the pot that had the boiling soup in it and set it on the table.she took a bowl out of the cabinet and also set that on the table.she filled her bowl up to half way and sat down to eat. when she was done she cleaned up and went upstairs to pack. after she checked what she had she went to her closet and pulled out Uruviel and her case. she pulled out her belt and her trusty bow and quiver. she packed all the 20 arrows that she had.<BR>she grabbed a few daggers and hid them in her quiver and in her boots. she was to set out that very night. she packed all the food and clothes she needed (which was very small) gathered her things and set out on her journey. the sunwas already setting in the west and she knew it would be a hard journey but she is hoping to find some people on the way there to help her. to mordor she goes and it will prove as a test sooner or later. as she was walking she heard a shrill cry come out of the woods. she thouht this odd especially in the shire(for she had lived at the edge of the shire but no one knew she was there). she ran towards the cry with all of her might. she pulled up her hood hoping to disquise herself as a man or at least an elven male.
Last edited by OrlandoBloomissohot on Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrlandoBloomissohot
Rider of the Mark

Postby Key_Blade » Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:01 pm

Aranti howled in pain and she was hurled to the ground. Blood seeped from the cut on her leg. The man smiled coldly and pointed his sword at her neck.<BR><BR>"This'll surely teach you never to try and steal my relics again." She didn't answer but glanced over at her sword which now lay out of reach. She secretely pulled out a long dagger from her boot. <BR><BR>"What the..." but before the man could finish, he was lying on the ground with a dagger in his throat. Aranti limped to her sword and sheathed it. Then taking the dagger, she cleaned off the blood with a rag. She dug through his pockets until she retrieved a gold ringlet. It was big enough to fit around her wrist and had golden feathers attatched by smaller hoops. On each feather was a an elvish rune cut in saphire.<BR><BR>"Pity you won't be seeing this again," she mused as she began to limp away. A noise in the bush brought her hand close to her sword hilt. A girl, an elf to be correct, entered the clearing. <BR><BR>"Are you alright?" Aranti glared at the girl. Even though she was half elven, she had never taken kindly to them. Come to think of it, neither had they. Growing up in Rivendell, you would have expected her to become more than a common theif.<BR><BR>"If I wasn't I woulddn't be alking now would I?" Aranti forced a slight chuckle to keep it from offending the girl. She hadn't meant to offend her anyway. Aranti shoved the ringlet into her knapsack and looked over the elf.<BR>"So who're you?"
Key_Blade
Rider of the Mark

Postby OrlandoBloomissohot » Tue Apr 01, 2003 4:23 pm

Liena deepened her voice. "I am larsus a half elven man of Lothlorien." she told the girl. " what happened to you and what is your name girl." Liena looked around wondering if any one else was there. she looked down and saw the man lying on the ground. she saw the dagger in the girl's hand and quickly pulled out Uruviel. "what happened to him?" she asked, "talk quickly for i don't have patience for murderers." she hoped that her voice disquised her as a male still.
OrlandoBloomissohot
Rider of the Mark

Postby OrlandoBloomissohot » Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:23 pm

(OOC: i hope it's fine for me to take over your character for a while. ifyou you don't like it i'll stop.)<BR>Aranti looked at her in surprise. "If you are trying to fool me it's not working i know you are not a man.I don't have to tell you about the man at all either." she told Liena. "who are you really if you are not a male. she eyed Liena carefully and kept her hand near her sword. "MY name i shall not tell, but i do not know where i am from. I know this is odd for an elf, well actually i am only half elven.Liena told the girl. "What is your name. or at least tell me where yoy are from."
OrlandoBloomissohot
Rider of the Mark

Postby Key_Blade » Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:11 pm

"I am Aranti," she said proudly, putting away her dagger. The girl did not lower her sword but interrogated further. <BR>"I asked where you were from." <BR>"I don't know," Aranti replied looking down, "But I grew up in Rivendell. Lord Elrond wasn't very proud when he found out my only dream was to become a theif." She gestured to the body on the ground. <BR><BR>"But alas, that is what destiny has brought me to be." With that said. Aranti slung the knapsack over her shoulder and headed off.<BR><BR>"Wait," Aranti cringed and turned to face the girl.<BR>"Where are you going?" Aranti smiled and called over her shoulder.<BR>"To Bree. You can come if you like."
Key_Blade
Rider of the Mark

Postby SorceressintheGoldenWood » Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:44 pm

Above the two the thickly leaved trees of the Shire swayed slightly in the breaze. The wind blew through the leaves as a gentle wisper, at times a branch would groan...almost sounding like speaking. But these trees where not that old, not like the ones in the Old Forest near Buckland.<BR><BR>The two women continued their questioning...unaware of the emerald eyes spying on them from above.<BR><BR>Raven rested on a thick branch, her knees pulled to her chin she was a small mark for even the shapest eyes. She listened and watched as the two women met, each trying to judge if the other be friend or foe. <i>'One is a theif...and the other wished her identity unknown. Strange to find two such as these in the Shire...'</i>, Raven thought to herself.<BR><BR>She moved farther out onto the branch, moving very slowly as to not make a sound. Now she was directly above the one she knew only as the theif...
SorceressintheGoldenWood
Mariner

Postby ThreadStalker » Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:05 pm

this thread is in danger of being locked. The posts are aimless and there seems to be no plot to this story. Who are these people? Where is this story taking place? What if anything, is going on here? I strongly suggest that each one of you go through the guidelines thread and take advantage of some of the information in the links you will find there. I shall be watching
ThreadStalker
Ranger of the North

Postby Marie » Fri Apr 04, 2003 8:51 am

Well I now this is very rude threadstalker no fenc but i think she is looking for her family and this is her way of geting around to it. well I think i ant sure <i>closes her eyes and hopes threadstalker ant mad at her </i>
Marie
Rider of the Mark

Postby ThreadStalker » Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:54 am

Madame if you think it rude to uphold my word and to do the job entrusted to me then I am the rudest person you will ever meet. If you are not sure about what is going on how do you expect a reader to have any clue about your story? I restate my previous suggestions.<BR><BR>If I were a rude person I would have locked this thread with no explaination and no chance to improve. My next rude interference will be to lock this thread
ThreadStalker
Ranger of the North

Postby Aranel_Sarlonde » Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:58 pm

Along the road to Bree, a quiet being walked quietly listening to the sounds around her desperately wishing she wasn’t so out of her element. She missed Fangorn. Black eyes darted around watching and waiting is if some unknown being was watching her. Shaking her red hair out of its prison in her cloak, she caught something move out of the corner of her eye. <BR><BR>Looking up, Aranel saw a raven-haired elf making her way through the trees watching intently on the other side. Tilting her head with curiosity Aranel quietly made her way up the hillside to see what was going on catching bits and pieces of a conversation full of questions. Being suspicious of practically everyone, she closely watched the two females question each other and the elf in the trees. ‘thanks goodness I live somewhere without so many nosy people……but it is an interesting conversation.’<BR><BR>Aranel stared up at the elf, she called up just loud enough for the elf to pick up her voice, “Interesting isn’t it??…But then again elves are the nosy ones aren’t they??” She added a smirk as if to say she was only teasing.<BR>
Aranel_Sarlonde
Ranger of the North

Postby Marie » Fri Apr 04, 2003 8:00 pm

Well threadstalker i ment me and I ant a Madame i am a wild thing as i have often been called i dont now why in truth i am shy
Marie
Rider of the Mark

Postby Aranel_Sarlonde » Fri Apr 04, 2003 8:38 pm

If you two don't mind could you please take your argument somehwere else, we're tryng to RPG thanks.
Aranel_Sarlonde
Ranger of the North

Postby OrlandoBloomissohot » Sat Apr 05, 2003 11:16 am

(OOC: listen i really don't want this thing to be locked so please accept my apology about the thread. every thing you want to know is on OOC.to every one when a thread stalker is talking and you think it is rude don't start an agrument on IC please do all arguments on OOC I think we all would appreciate it.)<BR><BR>"YES i guess i will go with you." I never tell a thief expecially one like you where i am actually going though. but on my way there I will end up stopping in bree anyway. Liena told Aranti. Liena heard a rustle in the trees she looked up and saw an elf talking to someone else though she could not see who. she wispered quietly to Aranti," Be quiet let's see if we can surprise that elven woman up there." she climbed the tree that the one elf was on and quietly she came up from behind her and tapped her on the shoulder. The elf jumped in surprise of her, and almost fell out of the tree. "Who are you an who is that elf you are talking to?" she asked after seeing who she was actually talking to and not noticing that she looked a little odd for an elf.
OrlandoBloomissohot
Rider of the Mark

Postby Aranel_Sarlonde » Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:25 pm

Aranel looked up at the elf that had climbed up the tree, her black eyes catching every possible movement in the trees. She watched carefully not wanting to be surprised by anything. Being satisfied she stared back up at the elf and took in her appreance, “If you wish to know something about me I suggest you inquire it of me. For it seems almost foolish to ask information of myself from someone who knows nothing of me,” a small smile crossed the dwarfish-elf’s face, “Where is your companion?? Or has she gone to steal something??”<BR><BR>She bit her tongue wishing to take back her statement,’ I’m entirely to bold for my own good.’<BR><BR>“Are you on your way to Bree?” Aranel asked taking in the traveling clothes.
Aranel_Sarlonde
Ranger of the North

Postby OrlandoBloomissohot » Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:40 pm

"although it is not your business, yes, i am going to Bree." Liena told the strange looking elf. "And that elven woman is not my friend she is just some one i met. and i am abliged to travel with her if she lets me." Aranti looked surprised at her for saying that. " now will you kindly please tell me who you are, and if you were listening to Aranti and i talking then you should know that i am not willing to give up my name just yet. in due time, if i get to trust you, i will tell you my name." the anger in her eyes were dying down. " also, not to be rude, but you look a liitle odd for an elf." she told her.
OrlandoBloomissohot
Rider of the Mark

Postby Aranel_Sarlonde » Thu Apr 10, 2003 3:26 pm

Aranel looked down at the ground, she’d always been slightly embarrassed by her looks, “I’m well aware that I’m odd looking Mistress Elf. I’m half Elvish and half Dwarfish. Good luck in trusting me, or vice versa. My name is Aranel Sarlonde. I’m from Fangorn.”<BR><BR>Aranel picked up her traveling pack and cloak, “And if you’re so worried about people listening to your conversation I suggest you keep your conversations quieter. They could probably hear you in Lothorien…….,”she quickly relaxed and tried to lower her defenses, “I was curious if perhaps you and your companion would like to be my traveling companion the way to Bree? I could use the company. I’ve been alone since leaving Fangorn.”<BR>
Aranel_Sarlonde
Ranger of the North

Postby *Hryveriel* » Thu Apr 10, 2003 3:59 pm

Hryveriel heard a cry off in the distance; she turned her gray horse, Stormcloud, toward the shrill sound. Black hair went flying from her cowl as she sped to the scene. Hryveriel had always responded to the cry of helplessness, for she too had been helpless several times and did not favor it at all. Stormcloud had already been soaking in sweat from the long ride from (OOC i guess we're in the shire?) tower hills, now he had to work double to get where his master wanted to go. Hryveriel's piercing gray eyes remained forward in determination. <BR> Suddenly she saw another figure running toward the sound. Stormcloud was an elvish horse so the figure had not heard their approach. The figure came close to the direction of the sound. Hryveriel saw them talking together. One seemed to have a temper. She decided to follow them for a while to see whether they were a threat or not. They walked a little while and another figure approached the first. She could tell it was of strange descent. She followed them a little longer until she decided they were of no harm. She could tell the one with the temper was injured. Maybe I ought to help them now, she thought. She jumped down from her horse about 15 yards away. The first figure turned toward her as if startled. Hryveriel thought that maybe this one was elvish.<BR>Hryveriel approached the small group. "Hi! I'm Hryveriel. I heard someone cry out so I headed this way to see if my assistance was needed. I've been following you for a little while now." Hryveriel turned toward the injured one and said, "I see that you are injured. May I help you? I have wrappings and food if you need them."
*Hryveriel*
Shield Bearer

Postby OrlandoBloomissohot » Thu Apr 10, 2003 4:30 pm

Liena noticed the elf in the tree and told her, "well if you are not planning on telling us anything about you i guess we're even. i mean if i won't tell you anything then you don't have to tell me anything. you are both welcomed to join us or should i say i am willing to join you." they were walking on their journey when Liena heard a horse and some one step upon the ground for she had extremely good hearing and turned around. the woman said a few kindly words then asked about aranti. "she is alright. at least i hope so," liena told her looking at aranti. "I'm just fine," aranti said. "who are you? I mean where are you from?" Liena asked as nicely as she could.
OrlandoBloomissohot
Rider of the Mark

Postby *Hryveriel* » Thu Apr 10, 2003 5:02 pm

"I already stated my name, but anyway. I'm from Gondor. I know that it sounds very strange for someone from so far east to be here, but I am a messenger of the white tower of Gondor. I just came back from delivering a message to Cirdain (OOC did I spell that right?) of the Havens. Are you sure you’re all right? Please, I'm offering Help here. Now you can be stubborn and in pain or you can accept my help and be free of it. The choice is yours. Also I would like to know all of your names too."
*Hryveriel*
Shield Bearer

Postby OrlandoBloomissohot » Fri Apr 11, 2003 4:59 am

"i believe we will manage. but thank you any way. Also i will not say my for not even one of my companions know it, but h others are welcomed to tell you theirs if they wish to do so. " Liena told the woman. "IF you are from Gondor then you surely know the way to mordor am i correct?" the faces on each of the travelers grew a look of question and fear for the name of Mordor was not said lightly in these parts of the world. Liena drew herself back from saying more the other members probely knew now that she was on her way to mordor. she decided that she has to be a lot more carefull."well do you?" she asked the woman again.
OrlandoBloomissohot
Rider of the Mark

Postby *Hryveriel* » Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:59 pm

"Yes, yes I do," Hryveriel said quietly and cautiously. "The road to Mordor is no place for anyone. Why do you wish to go seeking death for one who has been gifted with an immortal life? You do not know what you are asking. I know it is not my place to be advising one much older than I, but I would have you not go there. My brother was an Ithilien ranger; he roamed to far into that land and was never heard from again. I hope he is dead. I know that must sound strange; but would you have one of your loved ones tortured buy the hosts of Mordor? Please, this world will be saddened enough by your people leaving soon, so don't you leave us know." Hryveriel looked at the strange looking elf thing with the red hair (lol), "What, may I ask, are you. No offence. But you look quite strange. Are you all going to Mordor with-well I must call you something, nameless one-this one?" Hryveriel whistled a sharp call. Stormcloud came running in majesty. She spoke to the horse briefly in elvish (OOC I don't know that much so those of you who do, don't try to talk to me in elvish). Stormcloud walked over to the injured one and kneeled down by her side. "He's telling you to get on his back you know. Go ahead, get on, he needs a good slow walk for a change. Do you need any food? You look hungry."
*Hryveriel*
Shield Bearer

Postby Aranel_Sarlonde » Fri Apr 11, 2003 3:01 pm

Aranel bristled at being called strange again. Clenching her teeth to keep from blowing up at someone, “I’m half dwarfish, half Elvish. You may call me Aranel Sarlonde.”<BR> <BR>She looked at the Mordor bound elf, “Why in Valar’s name do you wish to travel to Mordor? I would rather go to Moria or Mirkwood and be shunned for the rest of my life than go to Mordor. And that is saying something, I’ve thought about such a life altering course.”<BR><BR>She turned her head to Hryveriel, “If you don’t mind my asking…why should we trust you? The race of Man cares only for themselves and what is to gain. So, ‘friend’ from Gondor, what do you have to gain from helping a group of elves on the road to Bree?
Aranel_Sarlonde
Ranger of the North

Postby OrlandoBloomissohot » Fri Apr 11, 2003 5:50 pm

Liena bit her tounge. why in the world did she say that she was going to mordor. Hryveriel had offended her by saying that she had a loved one in mordor. "Yes i do know what it feels like to have a loved one being totured by the hosts of mordor. my mother is their right now, and i know this for sure. do not ask how. i have already told you to much. i might as tell you why i am going to mordor for you seem to be worthy people of my trust. i know this is hard to believe but my father was a great king of men but like the other eight he fell to the power of the one ring. he now lives in datkness as a nazgul or ringwraith. the groups faces turned from calm to frightened or amazed they looked at her in wonder. she told her whole story then finally said," that is why i am on my way to mordor. oh yes i almost forgot my name. it is Liena. i do not expect you to go with me the whole way, and i know what you are going to say. i shouldn't have told you so easily. but something in my heart told me to tell you."
OrlandoBloomissohot
Rider of the Mark

Postby Aranel_Sarlonde » Fri Apr 11, 2003 7:51 pm

Aranel felt compassion flow into her heart for Liena. She too understood what it was like to lose a loved one to the armies of Mordor. Her father, or so she had been told, had been a great March Warden for Mirkwood; he had been lost in the great battle that resulted in the Dead Marshes. Aranel was told many stories about her supposed father by Treebeard, the Ent who looked after her, he had told her of the many battles he had seen in his old age. She suddenly found the ground quite interesting as the others carried on in their conversation. Although she’d always felt the love for the parents she never knew she also was constantly angered at their apparent embarrassment at having a half-breed between such eternal rivals…after all they did leave her to die in Fangorn where Treebeard found her. <BR><BR>She looked up at Liena, “My guardian will understand my disappearance, with my choice to help you. I have never understood the connection with a loved one for I have none but I would not wish that loneliness on any living soul. I would like to help you Liena if you’ll accept my help.”<BR>
Aranel_Sarlonde
Ranger of the North

Postby *Hryveriel* » Fri Apr 11, 2003 7:52 pm

"One of the nine," Heyveriel paused. "Liena, correct? I'm sorry about what I said. I meant no harm by it, but to keep you away from the cursed place. How do you know for sure that he IS your real father? You know they have powers beyond anyone’s imagination, they could be persuading you to come to Mordor only to be tortured with your mother! As for you Aranel Sarlonde, I'm sorry I offended you. I didn't know how to address you before. Please, accept my apologies. But, what is it exactly you have against Men. There is weakness- there is frailty- but there is courage also and honor to be found in Men of Gondor and all men alike. So next time you want to criticize a man for being a man reconsider what they might be like on the inside. I give you my word that I am a friend. I know that’s not much to go on, but if you really want to go to Mordor, then you'll have to trust me. And tree woman, what might be your name? This is a very strange group indeed! But I do agree with Aranel Sarlonde about the trip to Mordor. As for this conversation, I believe that we, you, what ever you want to call it, should be getting on our way. That is, if I may join you. And where exactly are we going?
*Hryveriel*
Shield Bearer

Postby OrlandoBloomissohot » Sat Apr 12, 2003 2:15 pm

Liena looked at Hryveriel. " i know that he is my father for i have seen his face. Yes his true face. being his daughter gave me some sort of power that allows me to see through his invisible face to what he really looks like. i hate him. although he is my father i want to kill him. you have no idea what it is like to have a father like a wraith. although you might. you can never turn him from evil. it hurts me so much to even think that one day i will have to kill him or that i will have to face him. i know that he want to kill me or torture me. but i have to take my chances. right now i suspect we are on our way to bree but from there i do not know where we will go. i have been to mordor before but not on this path. that is whhy i need you to lead me there."
OrlandoBloomissohot
Rider of the Mark

Postby *Hryveriel* » Sat Apr 12, 2003 7:34 pm

Hryveriel looked slowly Liena, as if trying to find a way to keep her back from Mordor. "Are you completely sure you want to go through with this? You've seen his face? You have powers? Liena, you have many questions to answer to all of us here. Speaking of all of you, are you all coming on this journey? Those of you who have not seen the retched land will not be prepared for it, unless you were alive during the Dark Age. Which that is not entirely impossible. I have a feeling that our meeting was not a accident. Well let us be on our way (OOC before thread stalker comes back). I shall chart our course on the way."
*Hryveriel*
Shield Bearer

Postby OrlandoBloomissohot » Sat Apr 12, 2003 7:55 pm

" yes i am sure, i've been through turmoil after turmoil. i have gone through mordor. I have the scars from being totured, and i know many secrets they have. i hope the others will join me, yet i do not ask this of you. i do not want to pressure any one. she looked upon the faces of the others. "Let us get going." she smiled and turned to leave.
OrlandoBloomissohot
Rider of the Mark

Postby *Hryveriel* » Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:53 am

(OOC hey guys, were are you? it's been just me and Orlandoissohot. common we need so action from other people too!)
*Hryveriel*
Shield Bearer

Postby OrlandoBloomissohot » Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:52 am

(OOC: yeah where is every one. i miss you guys. please i want to keep this thing going and if me and hryveriel are the only ones on here i don't know what's going to happen.)
OrlandoBloomissohot
Rider of the Mark

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)