A New Beginning

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby ElvenWanderer » Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:15 am

Laine looked out the window in anticipation. She had waited a long time to do this. But she was afraid of what she might find when she reached Mirkwood. Maybe she was wrong in thinking that her family would still be there. It also troubled her that she could not remember her childhood before she had come to Imladris. It was almost like it hadn’t existed.<BR><BR>After fleeing from her home in Mirkwood, she had come to Rivendell approximately three years later. She had no recollection of her past. Laine had thought abut leaving for a while, but had not the heart to do it. But now it was time.<BR><BR>She packed a few things in a small brown knapsack. Rope, her arm blades, and a few other items. Laine kept the bag as light as she could. She had a long journey ahead of her, and she didn’t want to have a heavy bag to weigh her down. <BR><BR>The sun was just reaching over the horizon. The sky was filled with wonderful golden light. She smiled as the warm rays of sun touched her face, and then put her hand up to protect her eyes from the yellow burning blaze of light that poured into the room. She loved the morning sun. <BR><BR>Once outside, she said good bye to Elrond and promised to meet with him again as soon as she could. He cautioned her to not be too hopeful, in case her family couldn’t be found. She mounted her favorite horse, named Shadow. Shadow was pure black, except for his tail and mane, which were a smoky gray color. <BR><BR>Laine sighed and a salty tear coursed down her cheek. She turned back one last time to gaze upon Rivendell. It might be the last time she ever saw it. <BR><BR>Around noon, she was going through a small forest, and the light wind rustled the leaves in the trees. It was becoming very hot that day, and Laine was thankful for the breeze. She stopped Shadow in a clearing, where she leaned against a tree. She allowed Shadow to drink from a small stream while she rested.<BR><BR> Laine was going to have to be alert, because she had a long way to go and it was rumor that dark forces were out and about in the wilderness. Laine was afraid of very few things, and orcs weren’t one of them. She rested her head against the tree, and started to eat some food from her pack.<BR>
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby narnensul » Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:25 am

The sun blanketed the fields and forests for miles around in golden warmth. Dew still alighted the grass when a lone figure set out from Rivendell. It was a fair morning, the clouds were sparse but the wind from the west kept the traveller in good spirits. Birds chattered in the swaying trees and small animals skittered swiftly across the forest floor clearly enjoying the good day.<BR><BR>***<BR><BR>A pair of wild green eyes poured over the ground, the travel worn boots falling without noise as they dodged gnarled roots and mossy rocks.<BR><BR>Fresh marks on the ground told the bent figure someone was close. She traced the imprint in the soft ground with a sender hand. Too thin to be a man's and too light to be from a human. The stranger straightened up at the sound of rushing water and glided towards the source.<BR><BR>The woman's name was Laurelin, she looked as though she could be twenty but she was much older in reality. Her wavy hair was a deep black and her skin touched with gold from the many days in the sun.<BR><BR>Laurelin slowly stepped into the clearing, keeping her eyes on the resting elf. The elf's eyes shot open and reached for a weapon in her belt but paused. <BR><BR>The incoming stranger was no yrch or foul foe but an elf she had seen conversing with her father earlier that day. She had also seen her in Rivendell but never had the chance to speak with her. She always saw Laurelin in deep study or examining the many plants in the valley.<BR><BR>The black haired elf bowed, recognizing Laine to be the adopted daughter of Elrond. Laurelin was sent to Elrond from her previous master and scholar to further her study in healing. He graciously gave her his knowledge and lent her many scrolls. She stayed in Rivendell for two moons but that day was time for her to go. Elrond referred her to a scholar near Mirkwood that invented the art of healing with needles. And gave her directions and paths to take.<BR><BR>She was already familar with many of the paths in Middle Earth, known and unknown. She thanked Elrond and left early morning, packing the little things she had and riding into the dawn's mist on her horse, Ancilla.<BR><BR>"I thought someone was nearby...sorry to disturb you from your rest..."<BR><BR>Laurelin whistled, the sharp sound was carried by the gentle wind to the ears of her horse half a mile away. Ancilla obediently came in a matter of seconds and trotted to her owner. Laurelin led him to the water, beside the fine, black creature already drinking its refreshing draught. Laurelin took an empty flask from a saddlebag and filled it. As she was doing so she felt a pair of eyes on her. She capped the flask and turned around. Laine was studying her closely, she had not moved an inch from the tree she leaned against.<BR><BR>"My name is Laurelin and you must be Laine. We never have been properly introduced. But that is my fault...Why so far from Rivendell? I did not realize you were leaving this morning as well."
narnensul
Ranger of the North

Postby Riencuran » Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:50 am

Almiel's ears pricked up at the sounds in the forest around her. The sudden movement almost made her fall out of the oak tree she was in, and she wrapped her arms about the limb tightly. She loked to see who or what had made the noise, and saw two...Elves? Yes, it was two Elves. Probably from Rivendell.<BR><BR>'Fine place Rivendell.' the human murmered softly. She had visited Elrond about a year ago, and had felt sorry to have to leave. She re-arranged herself on the tree limb, and knowing very well that, though she had studied and tried very hard to be as quiet as an Elf, they would hear or see her, she being just a human. She jumped down lightly from the oak. She winced as the carving she had been working on fell and broke.<BR><BR>'Oh well. I'll start it over again.' She said in her soft voice as she pulled her carving knife from the broken end of the wood. It was supposed to be a gift for a hobbit she had met when she had gone to the Shire. <BR><BR>'I'm sure they won't mind if it's late. I probably made a few mistakes in the wood anyway.' She picked up the broken pieces and put them in her pack, letting them clink against many other pieces. Almiel brushed herself off and not to her surprise her horse was gone. <BR><BR>'Faithful! Where are you? You can't be very faithful if you keep running off while I sleep.' She grumbled in her soft voice still. Then, a black horse with a white star came up behind her and nudged her. <BR><BR>'There you are Faithful. Now, don't move. I want to see those Elves.' Almiel told the horse firmly. Faithful lowered his head, thinking he was in trouble for running off. Almiel took an apple out of her pack and brushed the wood dust off it. She handed it to Faithfull and pulling out her white oak staff, she walked over to the two Elves.
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

Postby orlis_girl_02 » Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:21 pm

Illaria had been roaming the plains of rohan for some days and had decided to extend her journey further to Rivendell. She hoped Master Elrond would be of some assistance in giving her council of her troubling problem that seemed to gnaw away at her heart and mind.<BR><BR>As she travelled many moons waxed and wained as she rode over the land and through the forests, each day took her further away from her hearts desire and she ached to return to the courts of Thranduil and her home of Mirkwood which she loved dearly.<BR><BR>As she entered the borders of Rivedell she was aware of a scent in the air which had not been present before..... people were close by.<BR><BR>She dismounted from her horse. Arod. whoom had been leant to her by Legolas as he wanted her to be safe on her errands. She croutched down in the undergrowth and listened for any sign of movement or voices........all was quiet.<BR><BR>The mid-day sun was no now beating down and the sky was cloudless. There was a slight breeze which was welcomed to relieve the stuffyness in the air. The forest had fallen silent. Illaria was unsure as to whether or not the strangers had sensed her approach so she stayed low.<BR><BR>
orlis_girl_02
Ranger of the North

Postby ElvenWanderer » Tue Apr 29, 2003 2:13 pm

“Ed' i'ear ar' elenea! Amin sinta lle?” Laine said to the elvish woman in surprise.<BR><BR>“Maybe not. But I know you.” Said the woman cheerfully.<BR><BR>“Lle anta amin tu? Lle anta yulna en alu?” Laine asked her calmly. <BR><BR>“No, I need no help. But water is welcome.” Said the woman, and she sat down on the grass beside Laine. Laine handed her a water pouch, and the woman accepted it and drank from it. “It is quite hot today. Why so far from Rivendell?”<BR><BR>“Mankoi lle irma sint?” Laine asked impatiently. “I'm on a journey. Amin hiraetha. I am not used to speaking like this.” She laughed. “I am Laine."<BR><BR>Just then, a woman appeared out of the forest. Laine jumped up and reached for her sword. "Mankoi naa lle sinome? Who are you and where do you come from?” she asked questioningly.<BR>
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby orlis_girl_02 » Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:29 pm

Illaria had moved to one of the tree's close by and discovered two women sat near a stream talking. They were speaking Elvish.<BR><BR>They hadn't sensed her approach but another person had just entered the clearing and one of the two women drew her sword. It's blade flickered in the sunlight and showed some strange markings on the blade which could have been of Elvish origin.<BR><BR>Illaria watched cautiously as the three women met each other.<BR><BR>This journey had just taken an interesting turn.<BR><BR>Whilst the women got aquainted Illaria returned to Arod and moved him stealthly around the wood being careful to make no sound as they went.<BR>When they reached the far side which had a path leading to the entrance to Imladris, Illaria stopped and again observed the women.<BR><BR>On a normal day she would have made her presence felt and introduced herself to them but her matters were pressing and she was sure Elrond would be able to help her, so she turned her back on the three women and carried on on her way. The sun was now infront of her and was dazzling her eyes as she walked over the bridge. The Bruinen flowed strongly down the side of the cliffs and on towards the valley floor, its sound was almost deafening.<BR><BR>As Illaria dissmounted Elrond came out to meet her.<BR>"Illaria my child, what brings you so far from your home?"<BR>"A delicate matter my Lord one which I do not know the answer too and so desperatly do need to know, I was hoping you may give me council"<BR><BR>And with that Elrond showed Illaria into the last homely house.<BR><BR>Back in the woods of Rivendell................
orlis_girl_02
Ranger of the North

Postby narnensul » Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:06 pm

"Kwara yassen megrille!"<BR><BR>Laine shot a look towards the black haired elf. Laurellin's face was suddenly stone, her green eyes turned icy. It was such a rapid transformation that took it Laine by surprise. She opened her mouth to protest but Laurellin cut here off, her voice no longer sweet and musical but faltered with anger.<BR><BR>"Dina! Did you not smell her, nor hear her? She is a human, not a yrch. And yet you pull your blade at the sight of her..."<BR><BR>Laurellin's sudden fury promptly left her face, her eyes flickered and returned to their soft expression. She shook her head sending the wavy hair dancing about her face.<BR><BR>She opened her leather trench coat and reached for a thin wooden stick strapped to the lining. A quick eye might have seen the flash of various needles, small contraptions, and tiny vial-like bottles. She closed it swiftly and put up the hair that stuck to her neck and secured it with the stick. There was a black tattoo on the back of the slender neck. It was neither a design nor writing, but more like a mark or a symbol.<BR><BR>"These are dark times, yes. But they will only darken if we become too wary of our friends."<BR><BR>She muttered to herself, shaking her head again. The stranger stood in the same spot, apparently unsure of what to do, or what had just happened. Laurellin looked up suddenly, smiled, and laughed, a deep, pure laugh that travelled deep into the woods around. She beckoned to the stranger and the woman came.<BR><BR>"You tread lightly like us. I'm am Laurellin, wanderer and healer. And this is Laine, daughter of Elrond. Tell me, what is your name and business in such a beautiful realm?"
narnensul
Ranger of the North

Postby Riencuran » Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:28 pm

'I am Almiel. I come from no where, and everywhere.' She smiled slightly, her voice soft and melodiec. <BR><BR>'About the sword, I do not care. We can fear death, but we should not be afraid to die. After all, it is like going to sleep after a long day, is it not? And for the treading lightly, I have lived in the Golden Forest of Lorien for a while, and also in Rivendell. Currently I am headed for Mirkwood, for I have not visited that last home of the Elves. I have head beautiful tales about it though. <BR><BR>'You are the daughter of Elrond? I think I might have seen you before, there are so many faces one can see, it's really quite amazing what you can learn from a face. Eyes especially. Oh, dear, I'm sorry. You see, I love to draw people, and write small stories about them, so I obviously like details. Forgive me for talking so.' <BR><BR>She bowed her head slightly, and whistled to Faithful, who had been looking at the two strangers curiously, as if he was wondering if they were good to eat, or if they had something to eat. Almiel laughed. Her horse was her only companion on the road, and she loved him a lot.<BR><BR>'This is Faithful. Don't let his name fool you.' Never once while she talked did Almiel raise her voice, or lower it. She always kept it soft, and musical like. The humans eyes noted the mark on Laurellin's neck.<BR><BR>'Here I am again, not letting you talk, but my natural human curiousity calls me to ask you of something. That mark on your neck, it is like a tatoo, or a symbol. Could you tell a stranger of it, if it is not too nosy of me?' She said this, looking straight at the Elf, her eyes dancing, and a smile playing on her face. <BR><BR>She sat down, taking out her carving knife, and the broken pieces of wood, and started to re-shape the wood. It almost seemed as she told the wood what to do and look like, and it did. Almiel had many gifts that helped her on the road, and she enjoyed them. She looked at the Elves as she worked on the smooth oak.
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

Postby narnensul » Wed Apr 30, 2003 4:34 pm

"I speak not of death, Almiel."<BR><BR>Laurellin watched the human with interest as she formed the wood to her liking. Her fingers were nimble paired with the knife and they worked carefully together. The dark haired elf walked to her horse and patted the beast's nose.<BR><BR>"I, too, travel to Mirkwood. I visit an old, scholarly friend of my Master...The mark on my neck is that of a healer. For generations a member of my family has been chosen to carry it on. It runs in my blood, and I am the chosen one. Many years have I spent studying the forms of medicine and healing. And there is still more to learn."<BR><BR>She rummaged around in her saddlebag, searching for something. Her horse waited patiently, knowing a treat was to come. Laurelin pulled out two apples and ate one as she held the other in the palm for her horse.<BR><BR>Her eyes turned upwards as she examined the skies. It was pleasant at the moment but Laurellin thought the air felt too uneasy for it to last long. She hummed an old song occasionally singing a few verses to herself. The tune ended and she studied the two women in the clearing.<BR><BR>"The day is still young and I dare not fall victim to this sleepy atmosphere lest I wake to the heaven pouring down upon me. I bid you both a fond farewell."
narnensul
Ranger of the North

Postby Thorongíl_Telecontar » Thu May 01, 2003 11:43 am

(OOC: i tried to post but there is nothing to say... can u please hurry up?)<BR><BR><BR>(PS. Threadstalker, this is an edited one-liner ( i hadn't noticed ) so please don't go on about OOC's in IC's)
Thorongíl_Telecontar
Ranger of the North

Postby ElvenWanderer » Fri May 02, 2003 12:22 pm

Laine turned to Laurellin with a cold look. "I KNOW that she is not an orc. But in these dark times, even our own have turned against us. None can be trusted." <BR><BR>She turned to the newcomer. "I am Laine. Please excuse my impulsive behavior. I did not mean to be so.... well, i'm sorry, ok? And that's that." <BR><BR>She sat back down and started packing everything up as she spoke ot the newcomer. "I am travleing to Mirkwood. And i bid you safe journey. But i must be going in a while. I have a long way to go, and i am anxious to get there."<BR><BR>(OOC: sorry this is so short, but i didn't want to play anyone's character too much...)
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby Riencuran » Fri May 02, 2003 6:40 pm

Almiel fashioned the wood into a square, then made it into a heart. She hollowed it out, making it like a box. Calling up some Elvish words from her head, she began to carve them on the heart's side. She wrote the Sindarin words for hope, faith, life, justice, prosperity, and goodness, until she was out of room. <BR><BR>'I know you did not speak of death, Laurellin. I did. I spoke of it as something not to be feared in dark times. I spoke of it to not be feared when a sword or knife is pointed at your heart.' She held up her wooden one. <BR><BR>'As for you leaving,' she recalled traveling on the road, bored to death, and saw a chance to not have a journey like that. <BR><BR>'If you travel to Mirkwood, could I travel with you?' She dug in her pack for a thin piece of wood. 'If you aren't looking for a companion, that's fine. But after traveling since I was seventeen, the road gets a bit lonely.' Faithful whickered loudly, making Almiel jump, and cut her finger a bit on her knife.<BR><BR>'Thank-you Faith. I really should rename you Tormentor or Devil, or Demon. Something that fits you more than 'Faithful'. I know that I ride you, therefor not being entirely alone, but Eru, you are a horse and don't frighten me again like that.' She still kept her voice quiet, even though she was becoming annoyed with her 'faithful' horse. <BR><BR>‘So, if you have no wish for me to travel with you, I will get my totally unfaithful Faithful to bear me to Mirkwood, without running off to eat, or dumping me for another horse, etc, as he often does.’ She scowled at the black stallion and he answered her stare with defiance. She sighed.<BR><BR>‘If I weren’t intent on seeing Mirkwood, I would go to Rohan and tell your previous master that one of their glorious horses is more stubborn than a hobbit. I was cheated when I bought you but, you were born and trained in Rohan, by a horse-master, and you hardly ever listen to me, when you should.’ She sighed again, knowing very well that Faith wasn’t listening.<BR><BR>‘Perhaps I can sell you in Mirkwood and get an Elvish horse.’ Almiel said, positive that Faithful would hear ‘sell’. His ears pricked up, and he snorted.<BR><BR>‘A nice gray mare I think. Mares are much better than stallions.’ the human continued. The horse stamped his hooves.<BR><BR>‘Ah well. I’m stuck with you.’ She turned her attention back to Laurellin.<BR><BR>‘Well? Will you or will you not let me travel with you? Excuse me for the bluntness.’ She bowed her head slightly, and waited for an answer.<BR>
Riencuran
Ranger of the North

Postby narnensul » Fri May 02, 2003 9:43 pm

"And what will you do when none can trust you, Laine? It is a gift you give to everyone, it is their choice from then on to betray or remain loyal, not your decision."<BR><BR>Laurellin's face was grave and hardened as she looked down upon Laine. She turned Almiel, her lips curved into a respecting smile. The woman was smart not to be elusive, Laurellin did not like beating around the bush. Her straightforward mind was usually bent on medicine and healing she had not the capacity nor time for emotions. It just wouldn't let her. On rare occasions she would flare up at things, as she did that day. But she returned to her plain self in a matter of minutes.<BR><BR>"I am grateful for such bluntness. I was about to ask you the same. It is a long road ahead, I was hoping for companions to travel with...I would not underestimate your horse. He has an intelligent face but wild spirit. He will learn patience and obedience in time, first you must be patient with him."<BR><BR>The beast shook its mane, acknowledging the kind comment before he stooped down again. Laurellin smiled, through all Almiel's threats there was a love too deep for words. Though she wasn't quite like that when she met Ancilla, Laurellin loved the creature with all of her heart.
narnensul
Ranger of the North

Postby ElvenWanderer » Sat May 03, 2003 5:49 am

"I don't care who you are..." Laine's temper was flaring "You are not my friend, nor my kin. You do not know me, and therefore have no right to judge me. If you come, it is your choice. But if you keep it up, you'll be travleing alone. Do you undestand?" she asked slowly, clearly, and furiously. If they came with her, it was to be a very long journey... and she already did not get along well with Laurellin. <BR><BR>She hated being contradicted. And it seemed that was all Laurellin was good for. "You can also come if you want." she said to Almiel. She'd much rather travel alone, she liked to be able to think. But she tried to at least be civil to these women. Even that was difficult. She had a short temper and was not one to just sit around.<BR><BR>"If you are coming, start getting ready. If not, good-bye." Their habbits were already an annoyance to her. Laurellin's remarks and Almiels' carving... she'd probably end up killing either them or herself befor she reached Mirkwood....
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby narnensul » Sat May 03, 2003 6:50 am

Laurellin smiled placidly at Laine. Her venting and frustration fell on deaf ears in the deep wood and had no effect on the stolid face of the black haired elf.<BR><BR>"Of course, of course."<BR><BR>She murmered as she mounted Ancilla. There was a note of sarcasm in her voice that only Almiel seemed to hear. Too clouded was Laine's mind, bent on wasting her energy on others. Laurellin only fell into heated discussion when it was worth it, now was no such time. She did not quite understand why Laine told them she was allowing them to travel with her when Almiel posed the question to Laurellin. But her friendliness was not deterred and she let Laine's remarks slide.<BR><BR>The healer tapped her on saddle as Almiel mounted Faithful. The two women's eyes met, both seemed to be thinking the same thing. At least the banter would pass the time on the lonely road.<BR><BR>The three travellers weaved through the trees in silence. The only sound that was heard was a cheerful twitter of a bird in a tangle of branches. They turned onto the dusty road and Laurellin's body fell into the rythmic sway of her horse.<BR><BR>A sheet of clouds crept into the skies around supper time. She examined the skies again, her suspicions were indeed confirmed. She began to sing a song quietly to herself, one that the other two recognized as the song of Spring showers.<BR><BR>It was an hour later, when the song had long since stopped, and Laine's horse slowed down. Laurellin trotted Ancilla up next to her.<BR><BR>"What's up?"
narnensul
Ranger of the North

Postby ElvenWanderer » Sat May 03, 2003 8:33 am

"Something isn't right. I can feel it. Can't you, miss perfect?" Laine teased. "Shadow knows it too. I don't know if he'd go ahead even if I told him to. Something is here, watching us. Something not very friendly." <BR><BR>Laine might have been a bit crazy at times, but she had a knack for sensing things. It was very helpful, and she had never been wrong. The day was growing later, almost at dusk. The sky was reddening, and the dimming light played tricks on their eyes. Shadow, who was normally a very stubborn, proud horse, was beginning to become very uneasy, pawing at the ground and neighing frightfully.<BR><BR>"Shadow, it's ok." she told him softly. She turned to the others. "Something is very wrong. I don't think we should be here." Laurellin looked at her doubtfully. "Go ahead" Laine told Laurellin "Try to make YOUR horse move ahead." Laurellin smirked, nodded, and tried to make her horse move forward, but it refused. <BR><BR>"He's always stubborn. It doesn't mean anything." <BR><BR>Laine got off Shadow, and got her sword ready. She stepped ahead a few paces, and fell to the ground. Her pendant, which had been resting against her bare skin, had started to burn like a white-hot iron. She bit her lip to hold back the scream, and she tasted blood. The pain was unbearable. She lay there for a few minutes, the others watching fearfully, but not moving from their steeds. <BR><BR>As quickley as it had come, the pain stopped. Laine stood up, breathing hard. Her cheeks were tear-stained from crying. She reached down and touched her pandant... it was on a short chain and was barely visible from underneath her shirt. She found a stream, and looked down into her reflection. She pulled the neckline of her shirt downto the base of her neck until she could see where she had felt the burning. Her skin was burned... bright red and it hurt to touch it.... she returned to the others.<BR><BR>The feeling had passed. Whatever had been there was gone.
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby narnensul » Sat May 03, 2003 1:41 pm

Laurellin watched Laine come back from the stream, her keen eyes had seen what had happened. The pendant seemed to have burning her, but how and what triggered it, she did not know. Almiel looked at her with wide eyes, she did not understand what was happening either.<BR><BR>Laine returned walking stiffly with a hand cupped, barely touching her chest. She was pale, more so than she was before. Laurellin dismounted and walked over to her. Her eyes searched Laine's for a moment before she led her to a mossy rock on the side of the rode.<BR><BR>"Sit."<BR><BR>She said as she took off her trench coat and laid it down beside the elf. Laine withdrew, she did not want her aid. But Laurellin would not let her stand, she placed a heavy hand on her shoulder and sat her back down. She sensed Laine was not ready to speak of what happened just yet and so Laurellin worked mostly in silence.<BR><BR>Her fingers flitted over the many vials and pouches secured on the insides of her trench coat. There were at least fifty vials and about the same amount of pouches on left side of the coat and harsh looking needles, clamps, and frightening things Laine did not know the purpose of on the other side.<BR><BR>She poured a few drops of a thick liquid into an empty vial and threw in some brown powder. She placed the rest of a clear ruby liquid into the vial, put her thumb over the top, and shook it swiftly. She moved the necklace to the side and poured the contents of the vial over the burn. She caught the excess liquid with a cloth. Laurellin could feel the fast beat of Laine's heart as she carefully dried the edges of the burn. She watched Laurellin's lips moved swiftly but the words she did not hear.<BR><BR>The black haired elf took the flask from Laine's side and tapped in fine, white powder. She swirled it around and handed it back to Laine. She put it to her lips and took a sip, it tasted like water but it was different. The pain grew weaker and weaker with each sip and now only felt a tingling sensation where the burn was. Her trembling hands found peace and her body was warm from head to toe.<BR><BR>Laurellin packed the various things back up in silence and slid her arms into the trench coat and secured the clasps. She spoke to both Laine and Almiel.<BR><BR>"We can stay here for the night or keep moving, which is wiser?"
narnensul
Ranger of the North

Postby Thorongíl_Telecontar » Sun May 04, 2003 3:40 am

Thorongíl walked into the open, drenched in blood, and staggered over to the elves. Laurelin stood up and rushed over to help. "It's alright," he said "It's not my blood! And the wolf's gone." He drew his sword and wiped it clean on the grass. "So where are so many maidens going without help?"
Thorongíl_Telecontar
Ranger of the North

Postby ElvenWanderer » Sun May 04, 2003 5:02 am

(OOC: messed up post. sorry)
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby ElvenWanderer » Sun May 04, 2003 5:13 am

"What are WE doing here? Mankoi lle irma sint? It is none of your business. But we thank you for you assistance. That is, if your story is even true. I am Laine." Laine said quickly and sarcastically. Thought she had been shocked by what happened, it had not affected her personality at all. She was still as quick with her mouth as ever. But she was in a lot worse mood. She was much more irratible. She felt sorry for the man.<BR><BR>"Sut?" Laine asked suddenly after a few minutes of silence. She was sitting on the ground cross-legged, her hands in her lap, looking down. She did not look up to speak to him.<BR><BR>"How what?" the man asked.<BR><BR>"Hama sinome. Kwentra lye i'narn. Lle naa belegohtar?" Laine said rapidly. "We are NOT helpless maidens, as you seem to think. And watch your tongue around me, or you won't have one." The man looked at Laine jokingly, but when he saw how serious her face was, he was silent again. She still did not look upon him.<BR><BR>"Don't think that my life has sofented my skills or mind. Or my heart for that matter." she said. "I have been through more pain and suffering than anyone ever should have to bare." She finally looked up at him, and she looked as if she was about to cry.<BR><BR>"Then tell me, what happened to you?" the man asked, gently. Laine did not know if he asked her this way because he felt sympathy, or because he was unsure of what she would do when he asked her. But surprisingly, she answered him.<BR><BR>"I don't remember much. I was very young. I remember running through a forest, and I remember the feeling I had of being very scared.<BR>My life before Rivendell is unknown to me. They found me, you know. What i had gone through was so horrifying that my mind has shut it out." she said, shaking her head slightly. There was a soft breeze, and it ruffled her hair a bit. "I am going back, because i want to know what happened. I want to remember." She was crying now. "She looked up at the man again. "And what of your life?" She asked shakily.<BR><BR><BR>
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby Thorongíl_Telecontar » Sun May 04, 2003 6:40 am

"I am the only living descentant(sp?) of Gilalad the elven king of old, i was fostered by Elessar Telcontar, and it was he who named me. I am the rightful lord of Lindon, but have been travelling these past years and left my steward in charge. There are very few elves left anyway."<BR><BR>"I didn't mean to offend you lady, but was merely making polite conversation. The wolf had been stalking you for 3 hours, it took an odd path, but it was following you..."
Thorongíl_Telecontar
Ranger of the North

Postby Elen-Sil » Sun May 04, 2003 7:29 am

Memories….<BR>That day…. That day he left. They were all so happy because of Merendil's happiness. She remember his happy smile and the whole, beautiful, elven face shined of happiness. He was anxious to get to Mirkwood to see his love. But none then knew that it could be the last time they saw and heard from him. Elen Sil cried, but silently when he left. She knew he would have a good life there and that he were to come home some day. -At least that was what he said to her. After his leaving Elen Sil ran to her willow and started to draw. She seemed unconscious only it was… She couldn't tell… Like a part of her was gone and it seemed to be forever.<BR>She memorised many years back as she sat on her stallion Aratfalas and thinking of that day like she always use to, but she was now in despair. She waked up from her thoughts when her brother interrupted. <BR><BR>"What is the matter? Is there something troubling your mind, my dear sister?" Carnemelion asked her in a gentle way as they were riding.<BR><BR>"Yes, of course, my brother. I'm thinking of that day..." She said and looked at him.<BR><BR>"Oh… I was silly to ask. I should have known. But I don't want you anymore sad than you already are. When we meet Lord Elrond, I'm sure he can tell us many things concerning this and will be able to help us."<BR><BR>"Yes…" She replied slowly and thoughtfully "But I'm still doubting this about going to Imladris and not straight to Mirkwood. -Oh, and yes I have picked up than many from Lórien have travelled there in order to find out what is going on and never returned… yes, yes.. I know. You don't have to tell me, but you know me and I need to find out things myself." <BR>Elen Sil said with a slice of anger in her voice. <BR><BR>"Yes I know. He replied. - It sounds to me that you don't trust them on their mission"<BR><BR>"No… I do.. but this feeling…It is unexplainable! Well, well… I think we'd better find a place to rest. Our horses are tired after such a long leg. <BR><BR>They rode a bit further when they heard some noises behind a huddle with pines. They had to find out what it was and thereupon they jumped off their horses and continued silently to find out what it was. Their approach was very silent. When they looked over to the end of a glade Elen Sil's green eyes saw three elven female figures and an elvish man. Her prudence let go of her and the sister and her brother walked over to where they where. The only male person there was full of blood on his clothes.<BR><BR>"Mae Govannen …" She begun.<BR>
Elen-Sil
Ranger of the North

Postby Thorongíl_Telecontar » Sun May 04, 2003 7:45 am

"Well met" said thorongíl, "And to whom do we owe the pleasure?"<BR> Thorongíl saw the elves looking at the bloodstains all over his clothes. "Warg." he said by way of explanation. "hunting these maidens..." he saw laine's glance, "...Who are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves." he finished.
Thorongíl_Telecontar
Ranger of the North

Postby ElvenWanderer » Mon May 05, 2003 12:18 pm

Laine shot Thorongíl a sharp look, and turned to the newcomers. "Sut naa lle umien sina re? Mani naa essa en lle?" She smiled as she spoke. Laine was in a bad mood, but there was no need to take it out on them just then. She glanced at them, laughed innocently, and asked "An lema? Saesa omentien lle. Do you speak common?" <BR><BR>
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby ElvenWanderer » Mon May 05, 2003 12:18 pm

(OOC: double post, sry!)
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby narnensul » Wed May 07, 2003 6:18 pm

The vinegary tongue of Laine had dissolved so swiftly Laurellin showed a hint of surprise. She now greeted the two newcomers warmly, asking of their journey in a soft voice.<BR><BR>The black haired elf watched closely, the pair that just walked into the clearing. They closely resembled each other in a way only explainable without words but with sight. She guessed them to be brother and sister and they spoke with Laine. Almiel stood still and silent, listening to the elvish words and understanding them with ease.<BR><BR>Light caught Laurellin's eye and she turned her face to its source. Thorongíl was examining his blade and swung it around once, the weapon cutting the air without a sound. Satisfied, he returned it into his belt. He ignored the warg blood splattered on his clothes and skin and leaned casually against a tree. Laurellin was more interested in the warg and why it was following them so closely, than the brother and sister Laine spoke with.<BR><BR>She caught his eye and glided towards him, assessing him quickly with her pools of green. He was graceful even when his body was at rest, a sign of a fair warrior. His expression looked bored almost but she knew he was thinking quickly and missed nothing.<BR><BR>"Laurellin."<BR><BR>She nodded and he returned the gesture. He shifted his body of the tree and stood upright. The healer noticed scratches on his arms but she knew men only accepted healing when they asked for it or had something piercing one side of their body and sticking out the other. And sometimes when poisoned, men, even elvish men never took to poison very well. But she had a silent way of administering to people that even the most stubborn man could not refuse, and once she left their side, they could forget about her easily without a second glance. It worked for her and so she said nothing about it.<BR><BR>He was weary but it was very hard to tell, he covered it up quite well. But he could not help his deep breathing or his staggering into the clearing. The fight seemed to take a lot out of him. Laurellin opened her trench coat and located a vial of tiny golden yellow leaves without a glance for she knew where everything was.<BR><BR>"Do you know why the warg was tracking us? It is odd to see them without a pack behind them. Put these into your flask."<BR><BR>Laurellin slipped the last sentence in without pausing and pressed the vial into his hand with a slight smile. He instinctively took it without a moment of hesitation and did what she told. She could manipulate her voice easily enough so that people could hear what she said but rarely second guessed her words. A trick her master taught her how to use early on in her training and she was surprised how handy it became in certain situations.<BR><BR>His brow was knitted in deep thought as he contemplated her question, not even noticed he returned his flask to his belt and handed the vial back to her.
narnensul
Ranger of the North

Postby ElvenWanderer » Thu May 08, 2003 12:11 pm

Laine was making small talk with the two because she felt uneasy about the whole warg situation. But she did want to be friendly towards them. After all, there was no harm in it. She sill got an unesay feeling every time she ran her hands over the pendant. She still hadn't told the others what had happened. She herself wasn't even sure what had taken place. But something had certainly been there, watching her. But why? She turned back to the newcomers and smiled.
ElvenWanderer
Shield Bearer

Postby Elen-Sil » Sun May 11, 2003 5:27 am

"Do you speak common?" The brown-haired elf just said.<BR><BR>Elen Sil looked at the elf with clothes full of blood , but couldn't see any wounds. <BR>She looked him over again like if she was thinking deeply about something. Then she looked at the elf who just spoke. Elen Sil was about to speak but Carnemelion spoke before her. <BR><BR>"Yes, we do" He begun in Common. "I am Carnemelion of Lothlórien and this is my sister Elen Sil. We travelled far to see Lord Elrond for we need his advice in a terrible matter and we fear it is too late."<BR><BR>The elf seemed not very interested in what they had to say, she seemed more interested in the elven man.<BR><BR>Elen Sil looked at her brother like if she were to say "I can speak for myself", but she did not. That wouldn't be loyal to her brother. Carnemelion looked at everyone expecting Elen Sil to talk. <BR>She took a deep breath to clear her head. Then she begun.<BR><BR>"This looks rather whimsical as far as I can see; one elf with bloody clothes but no wounds and it smells wolf of him, you three alone here who not seem to know each other very well, but the times are rare. As for ourselves… well, we are in search for our brother whom we haven't heard anything from for several years. He…" She made a pause for a second as if she just had got a lump in her throat. -"He went to Mirkwood…-" When the elf whom Elen Sil talked to heard <i>Mirkwood</i>, her pointy ears pointed even more. -"to see his love and now, he should have been back after all these years, but he hasn't returned with his beloved maiden…<BR>-but first I hope you can introduce yourselves" She said speaking in a mysterious and soft, but questioning way. <BR>
Elen-Sil
Ranger of the North

Postby Almiel » Mon May 12, 2003 7:58 am

Almiel had been content to watch the Lothlorien Elves; even though she had lived with them, they still fascinated her. She had picked up many of their ways, the light way they walked, they way they talked. She had never risen her voice, ever, and she liked how some Elves rarely raised their own. <BR><BR><i>Not all Elves, but some, </i> she thought wryly, <i> They have voices like water or wind, rippling, smooth, and soft. Dreamy. </i> <BR><BR>Immediately an idea came to her. She picked up the wooden heart, and began to carve waves on the sides, her eyes sparkling and dancing with the birth of her creation. She then carved a swallow, flying over the waves. Smiling, she put on the bottom of the heart, a sun, which seemed as if it could bring warmth to the wooden heart, though it was only wood itself. <BR><BR>'So pretty, but not everlasting in body, only in spirit.' she murmured, the Elves almost completely forgotten. <BR><BR>'He went to Mirkwood to see his love and now, he should have been back after all these years, but he hasn't returned with his beloved maiden-but first I hope you can introduce yourselves.' it was the female Elf, and her voice was soft and questioning. It snapped Almiel back to the present. Hiding her embarrassment she tucked away her carving knife, and admired her work once more, then out that away too. Not wanting to be rude, she let the Elves introduce themselves first.<BR>
Almiel
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Lothieriel » Thu May 15, 2003 3:17 pm

The plains were peaceful and quiet for the most part as a progression of elvish folk made thier way across it, with four gaurds in front four in the back and several on either side, a casual observer would think it was high royalty was riding by, indeed the two elves in the middle of the prosession were of high blood, but in no way were they as grand as the Lady of the Wood, yet the raven haired she elf's bearing demanded respect and the younger silver haired elf had as much power as the one seated next to him. The maiden was known as Lady Lothieriel and the younger elf to her right was her last remaining son Elthorinon, both were making their way from Lorien to Imladris; Lothieriel had been spending several months in Lorien visiting her husband and child. She was now returning to her home with the child so he would receive tutoring in the ways of elves in other regions of Middle Earth. <BR><BR>The other elves who were escorting the lady and son were conversing with one another animatedly, the ride was easy and there was truly not much for them to be worried about.<BR>One or two noticed the unhappy air that seemed to hang about Elthorinon and seemed puzzled by it, Lothieriel, however seemed not to notice and instead was gazing about at the beauty the scenery provided for her, although on closer inspection it seemed as though the proud elf had been crying. <BR><BR>Lothieriel opened her mouth after some time and spoke quietly to her son who rode on a stunning brown stallion, <i>"Ai Elthorinon, your silence has begun to ware at me, speak freely so that I may know what you feel."</i><BR><BR>He turned his head then ever so slightly with a light smile though his eyes betrayed that very smile and stated to his mother,"<i> You know how I feel mother, for I have told you many times over... you are ripping me from my home and you expect me to approve? Father is not happy about my leaving and neither am I, I was happy in Lorien, happy....."</i> he trailed off leaving the sentence unfinished and for that Lotheiriel was greatful.<BR><BR><i>" You will understand my child,"</i> was all she could think to say before dipping her head for a short moment than allowing her gaze to become unfocused as she looked straight ahead.<BR><BR>Suddenly a shout from the head of her company alerted her to the fact that they were being attacked, and she immediatly drew her horse in closer to her son's, knowing that they were both unarmed, one of the gaurds turned to question whether they should fight or flee but before the question was released he was run through by an orcs blade and despite her gaurded nature Lotheriel cried out in shock seeing one of her trusted me lying so, one by one the elves continued to fight and for the most part it appeared that they were winning for the orcs were drawing back, hightened by this Elthorinon dropped from his horse and reached for a fallen comrades sword taking up a place with the others, but even though he was as skilled at swordsmanship as his father was, he could not prevent an attack from an orc who fired an arrow hitting him in the shoulder had causing the elf to fall, Lothieriel cried out for him and the other elves pushed back at the orcs causing them to loose the advantage, one of the elves looked back at Elthorinon and quickly left his post, picked up the younger elf and placed him on his mother's horse, then stated with urgency,<i>"Go my lady, I believe that I heard voices further over there,"</i> her pointed in the far distance,<i>"seek their help in you believe them to be trustworthy, don't fear and don't look back, just ride. And ride as hard as you are able."</i><BR><BR>Lotheiriel took his advice and smiled as much as she could in gratitude before allowing the white mare she rode on to fly as fast as she could towards the direction the elf captin had indicated. She too heard voices now as she drew closer to the spot. As she reached it she noticed several elves and perhaps a human or two, though she did not take the time to count, she did; however,note that Laine, the other adopted daughter of Elrond was in the party and she grew puzzled by this. But then she remembered her sons condition and all other thoughts flew from her mind(she would nay could not loose another child to a murderous death) she quickly lead her horse forward more so she was no longer hidden in the shadows, and she said with all the urgency she could muster....<i>"Kind strangers, I mean no harm, please my son is hurt. Is there any with healing abilities, please."</i>
Lothieriel
Citizen of Imladris

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)