Assault from the East

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Túrin_Son_Of_Aragorn » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:02 pm

<i>It was said of the Istari that five came to the shores of Middle-Earth. The first of these and the highest of their order was a white wizard, Saruman, second came Radagast the Brown, after him came two blue wizards and finally Gandalf the Grey seemingly less important than the others.<BR><BR>It was written that nothing was known of these two - Alatar and Pallando save that they went to the East and were Maiar of Oromë.<BR><BR>After the destruction of Sauron and the departure of the Elves, Men had at last gained rule of Middle-Earth. Gondor was regaining strength under King Elessar, the wounds of Middle-Earth were being healed and his son Túrin was nigh on manhood. Such evil that remained was being driven from the spheres of the world, the Orcs were all but gone.<BR><BR>Unknown to all men of the West was a new force arising in the East, little attention had been paid to this part of Middle-Earth for an age or more. The Easterlings were driven forth by the two Blue Wizards, this empire of Rhovannion was now their own and they were preparing all force for an attack on Gondor. </i><BR><BR>''We need now strength from Men and any Elves, Dwarves, Hobbits, Ents or Wizards that remain in Middle-Earth or who are bound for it from the Undying Lands.''<BR><BR><i>Who would come to aid this war against the new enemy? Will the men of Rohan gather force and do battle for Middle-Earth once again by the side of Gondor. Will help unlooked for arrive? </i><BR><BR><i>Already the Rohirrim are finding many evil men in their lands, the war is beginning. King E mer has sent message to Minas Tirith but none yet know of blue wizards save what can be derived from the blue shields of the Easterlings.</i><BR><BR>''The fate of Middle-Earth once again depends on the strength of men and any who will aid them''<BR><BR><i>Túrin walked out onto the plains of Pelennor and breathed deep the air of freedom, he was in deep thought. This thought was to be interrupted as he espied his sister Aislin, half-elven, fairest of all her race and Beorn Son of Boromir a great captain of Gondor moving very quickly towards him. They had message from Rohan...</i><BR>
Túrin_Son_Of_Aragorn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arenial » Tue Sep 02, 2003 6:50 pm

"Brother, what on earth are you doing out here so late at night?" Aislin asked Turin.<BR>"I was thinking. You know that fresh air always helps me think clearly."<BR>Aislin chuckled. "Yes, well, father wants to see you right away. A messenger came in from Rohan and father wants to hear the message as well." Aislin turned to the man standing next to her. "This is Beron son of Boromir. He also came to answer our threat of war. He says that his people will help us."<BR>"Ah thank you Beron son of Boromir. Come, let's go see father."<BR>____________<BR><BR>"Ah, there you are." King Aragorn said as Turin, Aislin and Beron entered the throne room.<BR>"I found him standing in the Pelennor Fields, father." Aislin said, "he said he was 'thinking.'" <BR>King Aragorn chuckled. "Well, I'm glad you found him anyhow. A messenger has come in from Rohan. King Eomer has decided to help us and send out troops when the Easterlings come."<BR>"That's wonderful!" Aislin said. Hope was slowly returning to Gondor. Maybe they would win this war afterall.<BR>"Now, Turin and Aislin, you may retire for the night." King Aragorn said. <BR>The siblings bowed and left.<BR>"Sleep well, brother." Aislin said when they reached her room.<BR>"Sleep well, sister." Turin said and kissed her brow. <BR>Aislin smiled and entered her room, unaware of the figure that watched her every move.<BR>__________<BR><BR>Aislin awoke suddenly. What had stirred her, she did not know, but something was not right. She slowly got out of bed, put a robe over her shoulders, and looked around her room. Everything seemed to be in order. Aislin walked over to her window and looked out into the night. There was no way she would be able to sleep now so, she slipped on a dress, strapped on her sword and slipped out her door. She stealthly walked down the corridor and out the door into the open air. A little walk would tire her again. The night was cool and the moon was full, beautiful. She walked out into the Royal Gardens and wandered around the flowers and trees. Once or twice she thought she heard a twig snap but thought nothing of it unitl she turned to go back in. She was just about to leave the garden when a strange figure stepped in front of her, blocking her way. The figure then reached out to take hold of her and she let out a scream. She reached for her sword but, too late. The figure hit her on the head and she blacked out. Then, he hauled her over his shoulder and ran off into the night. <BR>___________<BR><BR>Turin awoke with a start. Was that a scream he had just heard? He quickly pulled on a shirt and ran into the hall. To his left was a bathroom and to his right was Aislin's room. Something wasn't right- Aislin's door was open. He ran to her room and peered inside. She was gone.
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby Túrin_Son_Of_Aragorn » Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:26 am

<i>Túrin awoke, something seemed wrong, what it was that stirred inside him he could not fully perceive yet he knew his sister was in some grave peril, such was the foresight of the half-elven. Túrin went to Aislin's room, her door was open which seemed ominous indeed. He slowly slipped his sword from it's sheath. Rutha glistened with a red fury by the moonlight. <BR><BR>Aislin's bed was empty and the window was open, Túrin hastened towards it and looked outside. From there he could descry a rider, the rider was swathed in a dark cloak that appeared unclean as if it bore a burden of some sort. Not alone on the horse was this fell rider, there was another and Túrin knew her. Aislin it was that sat infront of the rider and the radiance that shone from her face was like a candle in the dungeons of Utumno.<BR> <BR>A red wrath covulsed through Túrin's veins. </i><BR><BR>''Aislin!'' he yelled and his voice shook Minas Tirith like the Horn of Boromir of Gondor of old.<BR><BR><i>Túrin rushed outside as King Elessar followed by the Lady Arwen and many men came to the room of Aislin and looked out of her window.<BR><BR>They gazed on, as Túrin mounted his horse with great speed and rode off into the night. </i> <BR><BR>''I shall not be far behind Túrin! Go with cautious speed, for you know not what lies ahead!''<BR><BR><i>With that Aragorn and small group of his men went after Túrin. Túrin heard his father and knew that it was wise to follow his father's advice. <BR><BR></i>Then Túrin spoke unto himself an oath.</i><BR><BR>''My sister shall not be taken from her home and family! She will be a prize I guess for some evil purpose and this I shall not have. my pursuit shall not end until Aislin is safe from all evil.'' <BR>
Túrin_Son_Of_Aragorn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arenial » Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:10 pm

<i>Aislin awoke some hours later. She was lying on the ground next to a fire. Where was she? Something had hit her on the head, she was sure of that, and now she had a horrible headache. She sat up and looked around. Across from her, on the other side of the fire, sat a man dressed in black, a hood comvering his face. The man spoke.</i><BR><BR>"Ah, I see you are awake. Here, drink this, it will help your headache." <i>he said handing her a cup filled with liquid. Aislin didn't touch it, afraid it might be poisonous.</i><BR><BR>"Don't worry, I won't hurt you. I know better than to hurt the King's daughter."<BR><BR>"You should know better than to kidnap me. Do you know what the punishment is if you get caught?"<BR><BR><i>The man chuckled.</i> "Of course I know. You don't think that after all these years I have served your father, I wouldn't know the laws do you?"<BR><BR>"Served him? Who are you?"<BR><BR>"I am surprised you haven't figured it out yet." <i>He said as he uncovered his face. Aislin stared at the face of Amir, the captin of the Kings royal guard.</i><BR><BR>"Amir." <i>she said in disgust,</i> "What are you doing? Where are you taking me?"<BR><BR>"Well, I suppose I could tell you. I am taking you to the Sea of Rhun where you will be handed over to an Easterling who will then bring you to the red mountains of Orocarni. I hear a certain Leutenant is in need of a wife..." <i>he said casting a malicious glance at the girl, letting out a low, evil chuckle.</i><BR><BR>"No, NO!" <i>Aislin screamed.</i> "I will become no Easterling's wife! I demand you release me!"<BR><BR>"I'm afraid I can not do that. I am being paid a very large sum to do this and I can't just pass that up now can I?" <i>Aislin glared at him.</i> "Now, either you come quietly or I can make things very painful for you."<BR><BR><i>Aislin didn't respond. She couldn't escape now with him watching her. She would just have to wait for the right time. She simply allowed herself to be put on the horse and didn't say a word. She would get out of this somehow. For the first time in many years, she felt truly alone. Her thoughts turned to her brother. Turin would find her, she was confident it that. She missed everyone; her mother and father, her brother, and her best friend, Tim. She wondered what he was doing. Probably sleeping, it was still late at night.</i><BR>____________<BR><BR><i>Well, Aislin's prediction was wrong. Tim was wide awake now. There was something going on at the palace and he had to find out what it was. He quickly pulled a shirt over his head, pulled on some boots and bounded to the palace. He had seen Turin ride out and could see the King talking with some men. He ran up to them.</i><BR><BR>"My King." <i>he said with a bow. <BR><BR>King Aragorn turned a looked at Tim.</i> "Tim, what are you doing here?" he asked.<BR><BR>"I don't know, to be honest. Something isn't right, I can feel it. And, I saw Turin ride out. What is going on?"<BR><BR><i>The King looked sadly at the ground.</i> "Aislin has been... has been captured. We don't know where she is. Turin was awakened by a screem and found her room empty."<BR><BR>"Oh no." <i>Tim said</i> "Is there anything I can do?"<BR><BR>"No, I think it's best that you stay here, Tim."<BR><BR>"But, your majesty, Aislin is my best friend. There must be something I can do. I want to help."<BR><BR>"Well..." <i>the King looked deep in thought,</i> "There is one thing you could do."<BR><BR>"Yes?"<BR><BR>"I am going out with a team of men to help with the search. We could always use one more person."<BR><BR><i>Tim looked at the King.</i> "Do you really mean it, your majest?"<BR><BR>"Yes, now go. Hurry and pack a few things, we leave in fifteen minutes."<BR><BR>"Yes sir." <BR><BR><i>Tim said and hurried back to his house. He quickly packed a few things, including his sword, and then hurried he saddled his horse and met the King and his men at the gate.</i><BR>_____________<BR><BR><i>They were moving at a great speed. Aislin sat in front Amir on his horse. She had to do something. She was sure someone was out looking for her now, but how would they know where she was? Aislin thought for a moment. The necklace! She was wearing her necklace. She was never seen without it. She slowly undid the clasp and, when Amir wan't paying attention, she dropped it. Then, she prayed to the Valar that someone would find it.</i>
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby Beorn_Son_Of_Boromir » Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:38 am

<i>Beorn patrolled the outer wall of Minas Tirith. The chilling night air prompted him to draw his cloak more tightly around him. His thoughts turned to his father, and the King Aragorn. Faramir had told him much of their great deeds before and during the quest of the ring. Aragorn had spoken naught but his fathers praise and he was respected and loved both in life and death.</i>
Beorn_Son_Of_Boromir
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Beorn_Son_Of_Boromir » Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:46 am

<i>Beorn patrolled the outer wall of Minas Tirith.The walls rose from the ground and the white tower of Ecathelion glistened even now in the moonlight. The chilling night air prompted him to draw his cloak more tightly to his chest. His thoughts turned to his father, and the King Aragorn. Faramir had told him much of their great deeds before and during the quest of the ring. Aragorn had spoken naught but his fathers praise and he was respected and loved both in life and death.</i><BR><BR><i>Beorn had reached the south side of the wall, nearest the gate and he could clearly see the gates wrought by the Dwarves of Erebor. They stood, a vast entrance to the great city. No armies would breach these gates, not amount of arms,orcs or easterlings. These gates would not even be induced by fire. Beorn felt pride burn fierce inside him, if the time came, when the time came he would fight, as his father did to defend his city and his men. .</i><BR><BR><i>As he stood upon the battlements of the great gate, he gazed down into the courtyard. His mind wandered, then his attention focused once agin on the tiled square below. A torch was alight and by the half gloom he could espie movement far below.</i><BR> <BR><i>A shout rent the air, answered by more cries. Beorn unsheathed his sword and Marleth gleamed by some inner light. Again he heard angry shouts from below and this time the voice was deciferable, it was the King.</i><BR><BR>"Guard, watch the battlments, hearken to my cry"<BR><BR><i>With that beorn reached the Thousand stairs and began to descend. The shouts from the guards and the king echoed up through the stairwell, the kings voice shook with fury.</i><BR><BR>"I shall not be far behind Turin! Go with cautious speed, for you no not what lies ahead"<BR><BR><i>Beorn emerged from the stairs and made his way towards the king, he was mounting his horse, Hasufel.</i><BR><BR>"My King, what evil has disturbed this night"<BR>"Come Beorn we must ride to the aid of your companion, my son. He has ridden out in pursuit of his siter, the lady Aislin. I hasten to follow, hurry"<BR>"Yes,my lord"<BR><BR><i>A great rage had consumed him, His wrath was like a tide of red fury. His heart burned to go to her aid, the thought of her in peril was too much too bare. At Beorns command his great steed was brought to him, wingfoot, in memory of the great pursuit of three companions. Strong he was, yet his speed was rivalled by few others. He sheathed Marleth and lightly mounted his stallion.</i><BR><BR>"Guards, open the gate", and his voice shook the courtyard.<BR><BR><i>The great gate of pearl and silver shone as it opened to reveal the night. Wingfoot reared and bore Beorn, followed by the king into the darkness.</i><BR>
Beorn_Son_Of_Boromir

Postby Arenial » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:54 pm

<i>Turin halted. A glimmer of something gold caught his eye. Curiuos, he dismounted and waslked toward the glimmer. It was a necklace. Aislin's necklace. This brought a ray of hope back to him as he looked to the distance. She could be anywhere by now. He looked behind and saw his father and his men racing to catch up. Turin decided to wait for his father, eager to show him what he had found.</i><BR>_________<BR><BR><i>Aislin was feeling horrible. She was cramped from sitting on the horse all day and the heat of the day had brought back the head ache. And, the hem of her dress was ripped in several places. She had torn off a piece ever few miles and let it fall in hopes of leaving a trail for her brother to follow.</i><BR>_________<BR><BR><i>Aragorn servayed the area. His son had shown him the necklace. It was Aislin's alright. He had found the camp and, from the looks of it, they two had left hours ago. They were about a day ahead, and with some speed, they might be able to catch up.</i><BR>_________<BR><BR>"Why did you come?" Turin asked Tim, though certain he knew the answer already.<BR><BR>"Aislin is my best friend, Turin, and when I heard what happened, I couldn't just sit back and relax with the knowlage that someone out there has her. I won't let anything happen to her, I hope you know that." </i>Tim said. Turin could see sterness but something else too in his eyes.</i><BR><BR><i>There was something evil there..</i> "You betryed her didn't you?"<BR><BR><i>Tim squirmed.</i> "No." he lied.<BR><BR>"I knew it."<i>said Turin coldly, anger welling up iside him.</i>
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby Túrin_Son_Of_Aragorn » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:13 am

<i>Túrin for a moment considered Tim and his current position, then in one swift movement dealt a fatal stroke across his throat. Tim's head rolled across the floor. Rutha was awoken.<BR></i><BR>''I have no time for those who think only of themselves when such evil has befallen some other!''<BR><BR><i>Beorn then spoke, for he had hastened to the scene</i><BR><BR>''Arrogant he was and meet was his end!''<BR><BR><i>Túrin then rode off with Beorn by his side in search of The Lady Aislin...</i>
Túrin_Son_Of_Aragorn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Eldrad_Nienor » Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:31 am

<i>Among the company that had set out with Aragorn were Eldrad, an elf that had formed part of the Grey Company alongside the sons of Elrond, Arvandor, one of the men of Dol-Amroth, akin to the Prince Imrahil, and Elammakil, elf of the west. <BR><BR>Eldrad sensed that Aislin was only a day ahead and trusted a hope that because of the eyesight of the elves, he would soon be able to descry the captor and captive from afar. <BR><BR>As the company of the King rode on into the night, Eldrad glanced behind to see Arvandor, and the Swan Knights, their silver mail glittering in the darkness like a thousand silver stars.<BR><BR>Hellhathol gleamed within its sheath, its emerald embedded in the golden hilt reminding Eldrad of the Elessar, which even now was clasped around Aragorn’s head in a circlet of the finest silver.<BR>Surveying the ground, a few of the company noted that it was turning bare and stony and turning slightly uphill though they were riding southeast.</i><BR>“<i>Noro lim, Celegsûl.” The noble maeras almost nodded its head and gathered speed. Eldrad then was able to ride alongside the King.</i> “I fear our road Aragorn. I sense that there is a greater power than the men of the east here.”<BR>“I too feel uneasy <i>Nienor</i>. I fear that Túrin, however, goes forth in rage, blind to whatever lies ahead.” <i>Aragorns expression displayed that he was in deep thought.<BR><BR>When a little time had gone by, Eldrad and Elammakil were sent to ride ahead to view the road and possible danger, when they both saw a glimmer in the centre of their path. They bade the company to stop while they dismounted their horses and cautiously walked on ahead to find out what they had seen. <BR>Slowly and silently, Hellhathol was pulled from its sheath, shining in the darkness. For twelve-thousand years Eldrad had had his sword, yet still he read the inscription on the blade, <BR><BR>“Crist-o-Glorfindel, i-valaraukar dagnir!” Sword of Glorfindel, the balrog's bane! <BR><BR>As they crept up to see what they could, they were suddenly taken aback, for a huge hound that had its head covered in what looked like to be a helmet, stepped out in front of them.</i><BR>“Greetings,” <i>it said.</i>
Eldrad_Nienor
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arvandor » Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:27 pm

As they encountered the great wolf, Arvandor was approaching to tell Eldrad and Elammakil that Aragorn has chosen camp and was preparing for the night.<BR>"Back beast! (knocking and firing an arrow, which bounces off of the hounds helm) You will not live another day if my companions are harmed!" (Arvandor knocks another arrow and prepares to fire)
Arvandor
Shield Bearer

Postby Eldrad_Nienor » Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:32 am

“Arvandor! Hold!” <i>Shouted Elemmakil.</i> “We do not yet know if the beast be friend or foe.”<BR>“The beast is a friend,” <i>spoke Eldrad,</i> “both of mine, and King Aragorn. Pardon Huorn, I did not recognise you.”<BR>“No matter, though your friend is quick to judge,” <i>said the wolf.</i> “I have seen you from afar, I wish to aid you in your quest.”<BR>“Many times have you helped me in trouble. To you I say yes, though it is the Kings decision.”<BR><i>Eldrad ran to inform Aragorn about the events just passed, and in a while, returned with the rest of the company.<BR><BR>The King walked up to Huorn brandishing a sword. He stopped and held it to the wolf’s mouth. <BR>With great speed and immeasurable power, the mouth of Hourn shattered the blade. Aragorn scowled at the hound, discarded the hilt of the sword and broke into a grin.</i><BR>“I see you have not become idle in years gone by! Then join us you shall. We ride on!”<BR>
Eldrad_Nienor
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arvandor » Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:26 pm

During the ride Arvandor rode up along Huorn,<BR>"I apoligize for my actions upon our meeting. I yearn for battle, had I known your great ancestry I would have bowed, not fired upon you..."<BR>Before Huorn could start his next sentence his head jumped and his ears stood up. The elves of the party unsheathed swords and knocked arrows.<BR>"Eldrad what do your elven eyes see, and your elven ears hear?!" Asked Aragorn<BR>"We are surrounded, they may have known of our coming..."
Arvandor
Shield Bearer

Postby Túrin_Son_Of_Aragorn » Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:36 am

<i>Túrin had ridden in search of Aislin with Beorn by his side, deep into Rhovanion. He could see Aislin now sitting with her captor half illuminated by a fire that smouldered softly. <BR><BR>The darkness waned and the sun was beginning to creep over the horizon. In Túrin anger was thus kindled, it burned red to orange and began to rise as did the globe of Anar that shone out across the plains.<BR><BR>The fell man that sat with Aislin had now seen the approach of Túrin and Beorn. He did not waver but rose in defiance. Aislin did not see them and remained with her head facing the ground, for she was weary, and for fear of ill-treatment had not slept that night.<BR><BR>Túrin dismounted his horse and began to walk towards the man who had taken his sister. Beorn walked behind, more cautious but ready at his master's need. Túrin drew his sword, Rutha was stained with the blood of one whom Túrin knew had betrayed his sister to such evil. <BR><BR>The hood of the felon fell from his head. His grave, battle-scarred face was revealed, Beorn spoke unto this man, Amir; </i><BR><BR>''For what prize Amir, why have you taken her against her will? Moreover, what have you done to her! Why does she look down in such a manner!'' It was love for Aislin that added to the rage of Beorn. His eyes flickered with blue flame. <BR><BR>''I note you stand behind your lord!'' Amir mocked. ''Learn to hold your tongue! No control over your emotions do you have, such a flaw will lead you to a grim end. On my sword you shall now perish.'' <BR><BR><i>Before Túrin could strike this scornful enemy down Beorn had leapt ahead of him and thrust his sword towards the heart of Amir. Amir being a swordsman of great skill deflected this blow and delivered a swift stroke in return that caught Beorn's left arm. Blood began to seep through Beorn's cloak. Amir then strove to slay Beorn as galiantly Beorn defended himself.<BR><BR>Túrin ran over to Aislin who had become more attentive and watched on in fear.</i><BR><BR>''Fear not sister, Beorn is strong and valiant.'' Túrin whispered.<BR><BR><i>As Amir was to deliver a fatal blow, Beorn mustered all strength in his heart and thrust Marleth deep into the gut of Amir. </i><BR><BR>''You are valiant Beorn, like your father before you. Your emotions do not misgive you. I have shamed Gondor and my people, There is no honour left in me. Farewell!''<BR><BR><i>They were in a valley, no trees were there, only the uneven plains and a small brook. </i>
Túrin_Son_Of_Aragorn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Beorn_Son_Of_Boromir » Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:46 am

<i>Beorn fell to his knees by Amir's side and looked down into the grave face.</i><BR>"You have betrayed your realm, your king and your honour. May the gods pity you Amir".<BR><BR><i>Beorn rose to his feet and his face was contorted with pain. He lent on the hilt of Marleth, the blade had served him well, and gazed over to where Turin and Aislin stood. His spirits rose and some of the pain left him, she was safe. A joy consumed him and he let out a sharp laugh. Turin smiled and both he and Aislin ran over to where Beorn stood. He gave them a grim smile as Turin reached him.</i><BR><BR>"The slaying of such a traitor shall not go unheard in Gondor, you fought bravely. My sister is safe".<BR><BR>"None rejoice more than I to see this my lord"<BR><BR><i>Aislin looked deep into the eyes of Beorn, those fathomless depths glowed with warmth as he looked upon her.</i><BR><BR>"Thank you my lord"<BR><BR><i>Beorn inclined his head and touched his forehead in a bow</i><BR><BR>"Never again shall such evil befall you or my sword shall be the first unsheathed".<BR><BR><i>He looked down at the broken body of Amir with disgust.</i><BR><BR>"Yet a mans words count for little in such times.I am at your service my lady" <BR><BR><i>Beorn fell to one knee and looked up into the light that was Aislin, like Varda of old she seemed to him, in the days when the world was young. Fair yet sad.</i><BR><BR>"Arise mighty Beorn, I trust unto your word and it gladdens my heart"<BR><BR><i>Beorn rose, a tall proud man and once again the lust for vengeance was upon him<i><BR><BR>"Let us descend onto the plains, rest for the night over yonder, by the small brook"<BR><BR><i>Turin spoke thses words as Beorn looked upon him with wonder, he saw a vision of the mighty kings of old, the Aragonath in the days of Gondor's strength. Those days would come again.
Beorn_Son_Of_Boromir

Postby Eldrad_Nienor » Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:51 am

<i>The company were taken by surprise as over a small knoll came a band of easterlings, no more than one hundred. They looked shrouded against the rapidly rising sun in their black raiment. The horns of the east shook the air.</i><BR>"Easterlings!" <i>Cried Elemmakil.<BR>They were advancing fast and with a strange ferocity that had only been seen in times of great evil. <BR><BR>The rest of the company prepared themselves for battle and Arvandor's mounted Swan Knights made formation for receiving the charging the easterlings.</i><BR>"Ready!"<i> Shouted Aragorn,</i> "Leave none alive! Charge!"<BR><i>And with that, the company unsheathed their swords, sped toward their foe and crashed into the blue-shielded men.</i><BR>___________________<BR><BR><i>As Túrin mounted Aislin upon his horse, Beorn heard the distant call of a horn. He ran toward the end of the valley to see what he could descry from afar. There he saw a band of man armed with weapons and armour unfamiliar to that of Gondor. This gave a warning in his heart.</i><BR>"My Lord! I fear our company is in danger. Let us ride to them in haste."<BR>"Beorn, I trust your judgement is true. Indeed we shall." <i>They set off at once, while the felt the sense of foreboding grow on them.<BR>___________________<BR><BR>Andúril and Hellhathol danced together around the easterlings in a queer swiftness. The runes on Andúuril's blade and the emerald in the hilt of Hellhathol seemed to glow with a soft, morbid light.<BR>The assailants surrounded the company and fought with a fierce will and determination.<BR><BR>As one-by-one the Swan Knights numbers reduced (though the easterlings more so), the vastly outnumbered company's hope fell, but still, they fought on.<BR><BR>Arvandor glanced upon the knoll where the fell men had proceeded from and descried three riders, one of them brandishing the Flame of Rutha.</i><BR><BR>"Túrin! Túrin has come!" <i>Shuted Arvandor among the clamour.<BR><BR>Túrin set Aislin down from his steed and bellowed from atop of the knoll, </i>"Foul men! Be this your bane!"<BR><BR><i>He and Beorn entered the fray.<BR>___________________<BR><BR>After some time had gone by, the skirmish was still raging on and the fire that had been kindled inside of Túrin was a roaring inferno of anger and lust for battle alike to the very fires of Oródruin.<BR><BR>He slew his opponent and turned to face his next.<BR><BR>The face of Túrin fell to an expression of great disbelief. He had turned to face a man in a sea-blue cloak wielding a staff and a great sword of old.<BR><BR>He had turned to face a servant of the Valar, a maiar of old. A wizard of the Istari.<BR><BR>He had turned to fight Alatar.</i><BR>
Eldrad_Nienor
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Beorn_Son_Of_Boromir » Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:53 am

<i>Beorn deftly moved aside, narrowly missing the short sword of his foe. He was of fiersome stature in battle, a man few could withstand. He bellowed with rage as another Swan Knight fell, spun and clove the head of an Easterling warrior. Marleth rung with the battle cry of Beorn and flashed as it cut through flesh and bone, tearing limb from limb. Beorn parried the attack of another enemy and broke his neck with a single blow from his fist.</i><BR><BR><i>He turned to see Turin surrounded by Easterlings.</i> <BR><BR>"To me, men of the west, to me"<BR><BR><i>He ran the gaunlet of swords and spears in his attempt to reach Turin. Marleth shone as it rent a deep wound in the leg of another blue shielded warrior and he fell to the ground. It seemed to many that the sword followed Beorns thoughts rather than his fist as it hewed the head from the neck of the fallen.</i> <BR><BR><i>He reached Turin as he decimated all who stood before him, fell he seemed yet worthy of his name, Beorn Son Of Bormoir.</i> <BR><BR>"How goes the battle my lord" <BR><BR><i>Turin smiled as Rutha was thrust between the helm of his enemy. They fought pressed together, unwavering, unrelenting, an image of the splendour of Edain.</i> <BR><BR><i>The carnage was unsurpassed by any. They were joyous in their victory, casting down any that dared appose them.</i> <BR><BR><i>Beorn looked on as Turin struck down his final enemy and turned, before him stood a man, he was no foul Easterling, in appearance he was reminded of Mithrandir in the days of his youth, yet this man was clad in a blue raiment.</i><BR><BR><i>Turin drew himself up and faced the necromancer and spoke unto him thus.</i>......
Beorn_Son_Of_Boromir

Postby Arvandor » Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:22 pm

As Turin encountered Alatar Arvandor and the others were mopping up the rest of the Easterlings.<BR><BR>Aragorn rode to his sons side, who was also accompanied by Beorn.<BR><BR>As Arvandor finished off the last Easterling near him he called for his knights.<BR><BR>"Valiant men of Dol Amroth gather to me!"<BR><BR>Arvandor held back his tears as he counted only 6 men left, one being badly injured.<BR><BR>Though he was a little shocked knowing that they fended off the Easterlings at all, for they attacked in great force.<BR><BR>Arvandor then grabbed a horse from a fallen comrade and made a run for Aislin,<BR><BR>"My lady take this horse, I will lead you to a safer spot."<BR><BR>Arvandor helped to mount her and led her to his men on the edge of the battle field, far from Alatar, but close enough that should more Easterlings come they would be able to get to her.<BR><BR>"I charge you with the defense of this princess of Gondor."<BR><BR>Arvandor then made his way back to the field......
Arvandor
Shield Bearer

Postby Eldrad_Nienor » Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:43 am

"Well met, Túrin, son of the mighty Aragorn!" <i>The wizard cast a foul glance at the King. Aragorn did not waver.<BR>Alatar was flanked by the last of the easterling band that had assailed the company, though now, the men of Gondor outnumbered those of the east.<BR><BR>Stood abreast were, Arvandor, Elemmakil, Eldrad, Aragorn, Túrin, Huorn and Beorn. All stood anxiously, unnerved by the Istari that stood before them.</i><BR><BR>"Once again I sense Gondor falls into decay. But no matter. Soon it will be under my control," <i>said the old man, snarling as he did so.<BR>Aragorn spoke,</i>"I have fought more powerful and wiser foe than that of you in the days of war, Alatar the Blue. Though now I would hazard a guess that you no longer care for a title of one of the blessed Istari of the West?"<BR>"Indeed," <i>he replied,</i>"No longer Alatar of the West, but Alatar of Middle-Earth." <i>He laughed, a harsh and raspy cackle.</i><BR>"You would die before I see that happen!" <i>And at that moment, all of Túrin's anger and emotions erupted, and in blind rage he ran at the wizard.</i><BR><BR>
Eldrad_Nienor
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Túrin_Son_Of_Aragorn » Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:41 am

<i>Túrin stood alone, in the midst of battle, no easterling could withstand his gaze and his foes fled before his face. His veins were filled now with a cold fury and Rutha flashed as each foe was hewn. <BR><BR>Through the clamour and the bloodspilling Alatar, wizard of the East came upon Túrin. The two met, it seemed the world had gone quiet, time ceased.<BR><BR>Túrin stood for that moment awestruck. He faced a wizard of the Istari, at this Túrin became scared. But in him wrath still ran hot and coupled with his pride he overcame his fear and seeing red attacked his foe as best as he knew how.<BR><BR>Túrin ran hopelessly towards Alatar and thrust Rutha towards the gut of the wizard. It seemed he was struck by a lightning bolt, a blue flash shot from Alatar's two-pronged staff and Túrin fell to the floor.<BR><BR>Before anyone, even Aragorn could come to Túrin's aid a hooded and brown cloaked figure stepped across Túrin's body.<BR><BR>A voice then spoke, that seemed to come from the very earth they were standing on. The voice was Similar to that of Mandos when so long ago the doom of the Noldor was wrought.<BR></i><BR>''Like Saruman before you, you have fallen to evil ways. It is folly indeed.''<BR><i><BR>He threw back his cloak and from it came a wind, sent it seemed, from Valinor, the very breath of Manwe. Alatar fell to the ground and the cloaked figure was revealed to all. He had a very old and earthy look. Clad in a dark green robe he was, wielding a staff of silver. He spoke:</i><BR><BR>''Radagast I am, Radagast the Green, highest of the Istari order that remain on Middle-Earth.''<BR><i><BR>All looked on in disbelief. The fighting ceased.<BR><BR>Alatar struggled to his feet, an old man in blue, holding a staff and in his other hand a sword. <BR><BR>Resting on his wispy silver mantle was no hat and in his eyes were only greed and cunning. Alatar was not to be beaten though, and through his staff he called upon himself the power of both he and Pallando in a tongue unknown to all except Radagast.<BR><BR>A mist leapt from his staff and the armies of the East fled. There was utter confusion.<BR></i><BR>''Do not move Men of Gondor wait till this evil mist settles!''<BR>shouted Aragorn.<BR><BR>
Túrin_Son_Of_Aragorn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arenial » Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:04 pm

"Oh brother, what are you doing?" <i>Aislin whispered. <BR><BR>From where she stood, she could see the whole battle. Now, her dear brother was going to fight that wizard, alone. Had he gone mad? Aislin knew very well that it was his rage that drove him. Rage from the wizard but also from her capture. She felt as if this was partly her fault. How could she have been so stupid as to go out alone at night? Aislin thought of her brother. He had risked so much for her. If it weren't for him she would probably be in the clutches of some disgusting Easterling right now. And Beorn. He too had risked much for her. She was forever in his debt as well. And now, she realized, she loved him. Her heart swelled with emotion just watching him down there, ready to fight, and die if need be, for his King. She quietly prayed that no harm would come to him. <BR><BR>Aislin closed her eyes. She had gone without rest, or food for that matter, for two days now. She slumped forward. One of the quards saw her and held out his arms to break her fall. Then he gently laid her on the ground. Aislin instantly went to sleep, and knew no more.</i>
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby Túrin_Son_Of_Aragorn » Wed Oct 22, 2003 8:09 am

<i>The mist settled. The elves at least were not to be fooled by the veil but there were too few of them to continue a battle under such a shadow. They had carried Túrin away from the battle field and were using all their lore too try and heal him. </i><BR><BR>''Are all our remedies used Eldrad?'' Elemmakil asked.
Túrin_Son_Of_Aragorn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Eldrad_Nienor » Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:41 am

"Indeed, it looks grave, and I fear that we have no cure for the Kings son. We need Radagasts aid," <i>said Eldrad as his pierced the mist that lay to their left. Elammakil watched intently the battle of powers that was going on inside, and through it all, his companions were inside, blind to the dangers that were around them.<BR><BR>As Elemmakil strayed in thought, another shape emerged from the mist. It was Huorn, but on his back was a rider. The elves both looked gravely at the man that sat upon the hound. Aragorn at once saw his son lying, as if dead, along the ground, he dismounted Hourn and ran to the elves.</i><BR>"What news?" <i>He asked.</i>
Eldrad_Nienor
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Elemmakil » Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:46 pm

'My Lord, your son is in grave danger, we need the cures of a wizard'<BR><BR>In Elemmakil was awoken a fiery pity that scorched his heart.<BR><BR>'Cursed be the Istari Blue<BR>Whose poison staff struck Prince Turin who<BR>With honest strength assailed his foe<BR>Poor, Honoured Prince of stately hue<BR><BR>Avenged this blow shall quickly be<BR>A task for Elemmakil, I decree!'<BR><BR><i>With this Elemmakil threw off his cloak, all men and elves in the vicinity were dazzled and temporarily blinded. For Elemmakil had unveiled his armour, the armour of Gondolin of old. It shone like a beacon in the shroud and like a falling star Elemmakil ran in swift persuit of Alatar through the mist. The armour, wrought of Mithril and Gold chased away the darkness and all men were now awoken to the battle.</i><BR><BR>'For Gondolin! For Turin!'<BR><BR><i>All enemies fled in his wake.</i>
Elemmakil

Postby Elemmakil » Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:46 pm

'Alatar, your doom is near!'
Elemmakil

Postby Túrin_Son_Of_Aragorn » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:15 am

<em>Thoughts and visions sifted through Túrin's unconcious mind, his head throbbed, his heart swole and his body convulsed, he writhed in a feverish state for two days. On the second night after the terrible blow from Alatar the veil of darkness lifted from Túrin, but he was weak. The elven-blood that flowed through his body made him strong, a mere mortal would've been killed by such an assault. <BR><BR>Aislin was first to see her concious brother again, Túrin stirred and she spoke thus: </em><BR><BR>''O! Brother! are you coming back? Mother, Father come quickly! (To Túrin) Tell me where has your painéd mind roamed? What hellish chasms have environed your thoughts?''<BR><BR>''I am okay, your questions are too much for now, hurry sister please bring me some food and drink for I am very weak''<BR><BR>''O! It is a joy to hear your soft voice, your words play harmonies in my ear''<BR><BR><em>With this she went and did as he had asked.</em>
Túrin_Son_Of_Aragorn
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Radagast_The_Green » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:28 am

''No Doubt you would like to know what happened, after you were struck down'' Stated Radagast.<BR><BR>''Indeed I would, I would like also to know your person and your business here'' Túrin replied.<BR><BR>''All in good time my friend, you should eat first''<BR><BR>''But I am eager to learn of you, you look very much like a wizard yourself!''<BR><BR>''Will it suffice to say that I am wizard Radagast friend of the great Mithrandir and that I am enemy of those whom to you are enemies also. In short, we have a common foe.''<BR><BR>''For now, I suppose that shall do.''<BR><BR><em>At this time Aislin returned with food fit for a king, glowing like summer in the presence of her beloved brother. King Elessar and Lady Arwen followed.</em>
Radagast_The_Green

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)