Letters from Minas Tirith II

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Calsule » Fri Oct 31, 2003 4:40 am

Letters from Minas Tirith 2, is a follow on from a thread I had originally posted in the Bird, under the title "A letter from Minas Tirith." It follows the first weeks of a Gondorian lad from the countryside west of the White city, as he moves from home and settles into city life. It is not long after this that the war of the ring begins in earnest, and he nievely joins up with Faramirs rangers, suposing it to be some kind of hunting trip. Thus Eomir is drawn into the war. Replies were sent by fellow TORCers in the form of letters, from friends and families, and at the Oxford moot the possibility of my restarting the letters was discussed, lazy as I am it is only now that I get around to posting it, please feel free to join in, and write your letters to Minas Tirith.<BR><BR><BR><BR><i>My Dear Family,</i><BR><BR><i>I am sorry that it has taken so long for me to write. It was infact a letter from Wulf, that has prompted me to put quill to parchment. He informed me that father is not well, I hope that it is not too serious, my wishes are with him.</i><BR><BR><i>I am sending this message with my friend Elohir, who has been granted leave to tend to his family. Word had reached us that his wife has died, and his two children have been left to fend for themselves. I have to send it this way as there is no more official post, and communication has been restricted to official business only. Hence my long silence. If you recieve this letter, then you should also recieve some money that I have entrusted Elohir to give to you. It is what I have mostly been able to save during my time here. I hope this will go some way to help father recover.</i><BR><BR><i>I have had some good news, my time with Lord Faramir has served me well, and I am to be made a Sergeant, in the regular service. I have a small troop of bow men, and we make regular sorties into enemy territory, although we have withdrawn to Osgiliath, where we are held and under constant attack. Lord Faramir is still over the river, and will remain there until every man, woman and child of Gondor are safely behind the walls of Minas Tirith, or at least beyond danger, he is a very brave man. It is an honour to serve him.</i><BR><BR><i>I hope that this letter is not much delayed in getting to you, and that father's condition has improved, I would ask you to write back to me, but I am not sure if any reply would get to me, please take great care, I do hope too see you again soon, your loving son Eomir.</i>
Calsule
Ranger of the North

Postby Calsule » Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:22 am

<i>Dear Family</i><BR><BR><i>I awoke this morning with some suprise, to find myself within the houses of healing, at Minas Tirith.</i><BR><BR><i>I remember seeing Lord Faramir, as he brought some strangers into Osgiliath, probably dark spies, though they seemed little more than children. No sooner had I set eyes upon them, that we were attacked, a bombardment that lead to me becoming victim to a small fragment of masonary.</i><BR><BR><i>There is no permanent damage, I am glad to say, though it seems enough to keep me garrisoned within the city, where I'm not expected to do much heavy work.</i><BR><BR><i>Lord Denethoer does not seem concerned about the activity within Mordor, he seems to make no effort to contact our allies, and the beacons remain un lit.</i><BR><BR><i>Being within the city I should be able to send this, feeling fairly sure that you will recieve it.</i><BR><BR><i>As for my fellow commrades in arms, they remain in Osgiliath under the command of Lord Faramir. If anyone can keep that place from falling into enemy hands, it's him.</i><BR><BR><i>If you are able to send word, please let me know how things are at the farm, and with Father, is he feeling better,</i><BR><BR> <i>I must go now,</i> <BR><BR> <i>Love your son Eomir.</i>
Calsule
Ranger of the North

Postby areanor » Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:36 pm

NEW LETTERS !!!!! AWESOME!!!!<BR><BR>for those who want to know:<BR><BR><a href='http://www.tolkienonline.com/thewhitecouncil/messageview.cfm?catid=24&threadid=63880#1' target=_blank>Letters from Minas Tirith I </a><BR><BR><i>Dear Eomir,<BR>I haven't heard from you for a rather long time and I'm not sure if any letters from you arrived at your family's home. We are all at Helm's Deep at the moment as there are rumours about marauding orcs. I was summoned there with my éored to guard the walls and only days later your family came to seek shelter. Your dad isn't feeling well, but your mum still tries to overlook his condition. She always had so much hope for all of us. Your brother is rather exited about being here, he already nearly got lost in the glittering caves.<BR><BR>We heard King Théoden has a weird disease, so I fear the worst. <BR>Anyway, this might be the last letter from here for a long time, if Helm's Deep should be attacked by a foe in the near future.<BR><BR>I hope this letter will get through to you at Minas Tirith somehow.<BR><BR>Good luck, mate, you might need it.<BR><BR>Wulf<BR><BR></i>
areanor
Ranger of the North

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)