The Fellowship of the Palantíri

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Luinil_2007 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:57 pm

Luinil smiled at Aremin, she was so glad that she had a friend with her. Glancing at Mithnen <em>Clearly she had understood my elven... that must mean that other people would have understood as well... or mabye not...</em> she turned to Aremin<BR><BR>Once again in Quenya Luinil talked to Aremin.. <BR>"They know my tounge.. Im sorry for not thinking ahead.. I believe that it would be a great idea if we take a break.. Im dying to get out of this musty room.. If we do take a break would you come with me to summon Lord Elrond, Lady Galadriel, and Mithrandir.. She turned to Tudant.. you may come as well so that you and Aremin can get to know each other.. then I will tell you how we can call for the help of the Valar."<BR><BR>With that she addressed the rest of the group.<BR>"I agree with Mithnen, how about we take an hour or two to think about what was said here and meet back then come up with an answer."<BR><BR>She waited for their reply.
Luinil_2007
Shield Bearer

Postby Aiwe » Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:00 pm

Santhec listened intently to the Sindarin, and managed to get the gist of the Quenya words. The Dark Lord had captured many a noldo over the ages, and basic Quenya was thus taught to his spies and assassins working in the Free Lands. <BR><BR><em>Funny, that.</em> He reflected inwardly, chewing tea-leaves to pass the time.<em> I find myself often thanking the Maia I hate most for giving me such a first-rate education in evil. Oh well. </em><BR><BR>He was getting quite bored. He'd never been the bookish type. He got most of his necessary information from other people, occassionally at knifepoint. Basically he did as he was ordered, didn't ask questions, and hoped like heck that neither the Dark or the Light found him out. <BR><BR>And besides, the room was stuffy and the conversation stagnant. He laid his narrow, gloved hands carefully on the pitted wood of the table and stood. "I have said all that I need to say. Decide amongst yourselves where you wish to head first. Meanwhile, as the clock is nearing two-thirty, I think I shall depart and pick up our supplies. It will take several trips since none have volunteered their steeds, but never the less i shall meet you at the outermost gate in two hours' time. Agreed?" It was more of a statement than a question. He turned and slunk silently out of that section of the library, and took a sharp right at one of the nearby shelves--a shortcut to the street where Horror and Crow waited.<BR><BR><BR>--Aiwe
Aiwe
Ranger of the North

Postby Mithnen » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:36 pm

Mithnen watched with a wary eye as Santhec made his leave. Silence engulfed them. She didn't dare to speak until she felt sure that he had left their presence. She did not trust him, as she was sure many of her company felt as well. There was a certain villainy about him that she could not get past. Her judgement of character had been proved wrong in the past, that was a fact not worth trying to hide; but she could feel something from Santhec that she had not felt before.<BR><BR>Shoving these thoughts into the back of her mind, she turned to the rest of the company. She shrugged her shoulders and made her way to the main doors of the library. Looking back at the troupe, she said, "I shall take my leave as well. We'll meet back here in two hours' time. During your break, I suggest that you all think about the leadership issue." She sighed and turned to leave, grateful to be rid of the dust.<BR><BR>The light of the sun hurt her eyes as she stepped through the doors and onto the city streets. She began walking down the street while her eyes slowly adjusted to the sun's intensity. After a time, she found the hitching post where she had left Nahar and smiled.<BR><BR>"I'm glad I found you," she whispered. "I thought I'd been blinded." Gripping the reins, Mithnen stroked the mare's muscular neck. Nahar was the only one who would never be against her. She could trust the horse just as many other girls her age would trust their mothers or their sisters. She sighed heavily and patted the mare's neck. "Where would I be, Nahar, had none of this ever happened?"<BR><BR>She missed the north. She missed Halbarad's company. Mostly, she missed Armithlas. The life of a Ranger was all that she had known. Armithlas had made that fact a bit more bearable. <BR><BR>When she was young and when they passed through towns, Mithnen would always spott young girls skipping and playing together. She would often watch them longinly and wish that she could join them.<BR><BR><em>...She made her way confidently over to the group of girls. Two of them swung a rope over another one's head and as the two slapped it back on the ground the one jumped over it. It seemed like an intriguing game. She walked up to the nearest girl. </em>'Hello. What are you playing?'<em> she asked innocently.</em> 'Jump-rope,'<em> the girl replied. </em>'Can I play too?'<em> The girl stopped swinging the rope and turned to look at her. Disgust was written on her face and loathing in her eyes.</em> 'You can't play,'<em> she said coldly.</em> 'Why not?'<em> She asked, hurt by the girl's bluntness. </em>'My mama says you and your kind are dangerous and filthy people,'<em> the girl paused, as if wanting to take in the effect her words had had on the newcomer.</em> 'That's why.'<em> She turned back to her friends, laughing, and started swinging thee rope once more...</em><BR><BR>Mithnen shook her head. Nahar glanced up at her as she felt the shudder go through her body. Mithnen returned the mare's gaze. "Nothing," she stated, as if the horse had spoken to her. "It's nothing."<BR><BR>They walked for what seemed like hours. They gazed into shop windows, scanned the carts of the open-air market, and watched the citizens of Minas Tirith go about their daily lives. Stopping at a fountain in the middle of a square, Mithnen spotted a familiar face among the crowd. She made her way over to Beregond, practicing her apology for being so abrupt earlier.<BR><BR>"Hello," she stated simply. The guard turned. He looked down at her and nodded.<BR><BR>"Morning."<BR><BR>There was a silence between them, even despite the ruckus of the people around them. "I just wanted to say-"<BR><BR>"What?" Beregond interrupted. <BR><BR>Mithnen explained herself to him and his heart warmed to her again. He walked with her around the square, on the opposite side of Nahar. They talked of many things: the coming onslaught, the weather, Denethor and his sons. She found his company to be very enjoyable and soon the quest was successfully forgotten. <BR><BR>The sun warmed her from her head to her toes. She smiled broadly at a remark by Beregond and realized that she had made a friend of a soldier.
Mithnen
Ranger of the North

Postby Luinil_2007 » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:29 pm

Watching Santhec and Mithnen leave Luinil made up her mind...<BR>"I say we try to collect the stones that are closes to us... and work are way from there. As for a leader Im not sure but i think that Tudant would be a good choice. Right now I'll take my leave. Tundant and Aremin if you wish to find me I'll be on the plains right outside of Gondor riding Silme."<BR><BR>Her dark blue cloak swished at her feet, as she walked to the door. An invisible sparkle of light followed her... <BR><BR>It felt good to get out of the library and into the open air... she called for Silme and he came trotting over to her..<BR><em>Good boy.. are you ready to go for a ride?</em> the horse nieghed and nodding his head.<BR>Luinil got on his back and cantered off... at the gates no one gave her a hard time, she swiftly made it out and was riding on the open plains. <BR>With the wind in her hair as Silme galloped along.. thoughts entered her mind...<BR><em> How was this quest going to unfold? Were they ever going to find the palatiri? what could Denethor possilbly want with them? How was Legolas and his own quest? Was the Fellowship holding together??</em><BR>*****<BR>Far across the plains the Fellowship of the Ring was making their way across the the mountains and already there was stress between the Fellowship.....
Luinil_2007
Shield Bearer

Postby Aiwe » Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:04 pm

Santhec, though normally so quiet in his movement that he'd been known to give his superiors heart trouble, grumbled harshly under his breath and would have stomped his feet if he'd been able as he stormed back to Horror's parking space. <em>"Wizards!"</em> could often be heard in the mutterings as he adjusted the dark-brown leather straps of his stallion's harness. <BR><BR>Eventually, and with one final unprintable curse that caused the metal fixtures in the surrounding street to tarnish slightly, Santhec mounted and headed for Reng's shop. <BR><BR>The man was sweating nervously when Santhec showed up on his doorstep at precisely three o'clock. Crow stood at his master's heel, staring intently at Reng and definitely not wagging his tail. <BR><BR>The goods were there, exactly as Santhec had ordered. He paid with exact change.<BR><BR>It took three trips, with Crow guarding the pile of supplies at the Gate, to get everything in place for the group's imminent departure. <BR><BR>While he waited, Santhec carefully packed Horror's share of the load, making sure to balance it for the stallion's comfort. <BR><BR>All that was left now was for the others to arrive...<BR><BR>--Aiwe
Aiwe
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady_Aremin » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:37 pm

Stilling eyeing the young wizard Tudant, Aremin stood gracefully and said,"I feel as if we have deliberated too long. The day wanes and we are about to leave. I'm going now to fetch my belongings and other items...and will meet with the Fellowship later." <BR><BR>With a sweep of her thin gown, Aremin turned and made her way out of the great library, which took awhile to do, seeing as she had not been in it for some 588 years. Coming out into the busy street ahead, she untethered Fadres, whoes navy-bluish black ears were pricked forward in attention. Mounting him agily, Aremin directed him down into the streets, making for the Inn where her things were being held.
Lady_Aremin
Ranger of the North

Postby Mithnen » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:36 pm

They had walked for at least an hour, the soldier and the Ranger, sometimes speaking and other times being silent. Beregond told her of his family: his wife, Rhen; his eldest daughter named Rein ('<em>Who's about your age!'</em> he had remarked incredulously. Mithnen wondered to herself if his daughter had been one of the many girls who shunned her...); his son, Bergil; and his father, who was simply called <em>Ada</em><BR><BR>Mithnen had perked up at the use of the Elven tongue. She thought that Elves had all but passed into near legend in the southern realms, even in Gondor, where the Elf-friends of ancient times had dwelled. Beregond had noticed her interest and inquired about it.<BR><BR>"Oh," she replied, caught slightly unawares. "Nothing. Do you know what <em>ada</em> means, by any chance?"<BR><BR>Beregond shook his head. "I have always assumed that it was just a nonsense word-" he paused. "Does it have a meaning?"<BR><BR>She hesitated, not sure how to respond. "I thought it did," she stated. "But perhaps not."<BR><BR>Beregond nodded and then commented on the chipping stone of the city walls. That was how the rest of their talk went: simple and flowing. Mithnen enjoyed being able speak openly with the guard and willingly participated in the conversation. The sun was shining, warming everyone who had decided to take a step outside. She started musing how the Southern sun really <em>was</em> different from the Northern one, as Armithlas had once told her. She had visited the White City only a handfull of times, and never had she been under such a radiant sun.<BR><BR>She had not expected it, to say the least. Especially now in the gathering darkness to the East.<BR><BR>Then they turned a corner and Mithnen saw someone she had not anticipated meeting for another long while.<BR><BR>She turned to Beregond, a flustered expression on her face. “I must go,” she stated abruptly. “There are matters that must be attended to.” Beregond excused her and left her to her own devices.<BR><BR>As she neared Santhec and his… flock, she noticed a large amount of supplied piled up next to the horse. <em>He’s been busy,</em> she thought smartly. She wondered if all the packs were filled with meat that he could feed to his blood-thirsty steed. She laughed to herself.<BR><BR>“Greetings,” she stated when she was close enough for Santhec to hear her. “So… I see you’ve already gathered the supplies…” Mithnen tried desperately to hide her misgivings and coughed into her hand. "Are you heading back to the library soon?"
Mithnen
Ranger of the North

Postby mithrandir111 » Tue May 25, 2004 2:38 pm

“Gandalf may you find your companions on your quest to be more co-operative than mine.”
“Gandalf Your counsel I wish I had.”

Tudant shook himself from his thoughts. I must get to the gate. On his way through the bustling city Tudant saw a few guards who were friendly to him, they ignored one another but in their minds they acknowledged each other.

Mithnen and Santhec heard Tudant approach because of the clatter of his staff on the stone.

“How are you Tudant” Mithnen enquired.

“I am fine Mithnen and I see that Santhec is also here and with supplies very good.”

“It is always good to be prepared is it not Santhec”

Santhec grunted in a non-committal manner.

As the group of three stood at the gates a silence came over them and each was left to there own thoughts. Tudant ever seeking time for a smoke brought out his pipe and a pouch of pipe weed. He had a great store of it for the journey.

After a satisfying smoke Tudant put away his pipe and smelled the air it was close and stuffy. Tudant thought of Gandalf and his quest and couldn’t help feeling that his part was small compared to Gandalf’s.

Tudant then thought of what he and the other wizards had come to save the humble innocence of the shire, the grand and learned place that is Gondor, the proud honourable home of the Rohirrim and all the rest.

Tudant then thought of the choice of leader for the quest. He knew that not all the fellowship was agreed but he needed to be the leader it was what Gandalf wanted.

Santhec interrupted further thought.

“So wizard, what qualities have you of leadership.” He asked non-too kindly.

“A wizard does not blow his own trumpet.” Tudant answered swiftly “but I pledge myself to this quest and will lead it as best as I can.”

Although Santhec didn’t give much heed to the answer he stayed silent.

During this Mithnen stood looking uncomfortable.

“Worry not Mithnen we will figure out a solution and then we will all be a bit more relaxed.”

Just then the three heard some footsteps and a shadow ran along the wall.
mithrandir111
Ranger of the North

Postby Luinil_2007 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:42 am

After riding for what seemed long enough Luinil decided to return to see if the rest of the fellowship was ready to go.... Luinil had gotten all her suplies before she took Silme out for a ride... She hoped that everyone was getting along and this journey would start soon...

"well silme do you think we should get back?" Silme turned and headed for the gate to Minas Tirith as if in reply.

At the gate Luinil got off Silme and let him run around the plains while she went to find the others....
Luinil saw Tudant, Mithnen, and Santhec standing at the wall but she decided to come up behind them...

"Hi Mithnen, Santhec, Tudant! Do you all have your things and are ready to go?"
Luinil_2007
Shield Bearer

Previous

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)