IC: A Light in the Dark

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Aiduial » Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:39 pm

If you want to join, please see the OOC before posting in this thread.<BR><BR>Here is the history behind our RP:<BR><BR>A he-elf in the Gaurd of lorien, by the name of Hiise fell in love with a mortal woman at the end of the last Alliance. HE married her, and soon after, she agve birth to a half-elven girl. Her parents named her Lote, the flower. Soon after, however, both of her parents were killed in a journey back to Rohan, where Lote's mother was from. They were less than a league from teh Golden Wood. Scouts found the child, and brought her back with them, where it was determined that she be raised by a recluse living ina deserted northen section of the land. There she was raised, until now, when it has been determined that she is ready to join her mother's people, and to help save that land from an impending disaster.<BR><BR><BR>And the First Post:<BR><BR>Lote walked through the woods that were her home, her bow at the ready. Today was her day to catch dinner, and she wanted to impress her guardian, Alqualinduin. As she walked to the lick, her feet barely made a noise on the mossy carpet of the forest. It was a deer lick, but she wasn't after venison now. It was pheasant she sought. They tended to rest in the long grasses swhich grew up around there.<BR><BR>It wasn't hard to catch one, and she did so easily and quickly, shooting the bird in the head, and picking it up. She headed home, ready to pluck the carcass. When she reached the mallorn tree where they made their home, she lightly scaled the trunk to find her gaurdian at his desk.<BR><BR>((OOC: Sorry it's so short.))
Aiduial
Ranger of the North

Postby Aiwe » Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:30 pm

"Ah, Lote," said Alqualinduin. He didn't raise his eyes from the text he was translating for a good thirty seconds. All the while, Lote stood there, a knot in her stomach from his cold greeting. Was he angry? Had she done something wrong? He was always so difficult to read...<BR><BR>Finally he did look up, a faint but pleasant smile on his lips. He took the pheasant from her. <BR><BR>"Very good, my little flower. A clean shot: the bird felt no pain. You have learned well."<BR><BR>Alqua leapt lightly down to ground level, to the firepit in the clearing. Lote followed. As he coaxed the fire into roaring life and began to pluck the bird, Lote chopped the herbs and root-vegetables for a pheasant stew. The work was done silently, with practiced ease, for they had made stew together a hundred times before--perhaps a thousand--ever since Alqua could trust Lote with a knife. <BR><BR>Soon two earthenware bowls were brimming with meat, vegetables, and rich brown stock. The pair ate quietly as always.<BR><BR>Alqua finished his first. He set the bowl down onto the cool grass and gazed out over the Golden Wood, waiting for Lote to drink the last of her broth. As soon as she laid her bowl by the firepit, he turned to her and watched her face a moment before he spoke. <BR><BR>"Lote,"<BR><BR>"Yes, Uncle?'<BR><BR>"Lote, the time is coming."<BR><BR>He watched her nod, head bowed, pensive.<BR><BR>"You knew it would come someday, little flower. You must leave. We elves are bound to fate, and yours was sealed at birth.'<BR><BR>"I'm only half-elf."<BR><BR>"I know, Lote, I know. But there is a path ahead of you. To stray from it would be to deny your elvish half, which has just as much worth and importance as the half of you that is human. Now I have taught you as well as I could, prepared you as well as I was able. You must leave soon, but you don't have to leave everything behind. If it is your wish, I will come with you."<BR><BR>--Aiwe
Aiwe
Ranger of the North

Postby GurthangtheIronofDeath » Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:41 pm

Onen scaled the tree with ease and knocked upon the wooden trapdoor at the bottom. He knocked on it and it was answered by a young elf maiden clutching a sharp hunting knife and looking sleepy and tousled but wary.<BR><BR>Onen answered,"Fear not for I am merely a trveller seeking shelter for the night and I was wondering whether I may stay here."<BR><BR>"Oh that's all right then I suppose you can stay then. Come on up, I'll wake Uncle." She replied and scurried off.<BR><BR>Onen haved himself up into the treehouse and sat on the floor looking around with interest. Whoever lived here must be a scholar or a poet of some kind as he could see large piles of parchment littering the desk and surrounding area. The young elf came back leading an older elf behind her.<BR><BR>"Greetings stranger," the older elf said graciously,"My name is Alqualinduin and this young lady is Lote. You are most welcome to spend the night with us. Would you perhaps like some food?"<BR><BR>"I would be grateful indeed." said Onen.<BR><BR>Once he was seated with a bowl of hot stew in front of him Alqua questioned him again,"What is your name and what brings a man like you to the woods of Lorien?"<BR><BR>"My name is Onen and I have lived in the Golden Wood these last few years, training with the guard. I am now on my way to Rohan where I plan to join the Rohhirim to learn there ways of war. After that who knows? Perhaps to Gondor, or maybe I shall return here to the woods that I love."<BR><BR>"Hmmmm, a funny thing that you should be going to Rohan. Perhaps if you will you shall have two companions," the older elf said mysteriously "However now is not the time for such things,now is the time for sleep!" And after showing Onen to a small bed they laid down to rest.
GurthangtheIronofDeath
Shield Bearer

Postby theor » Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:42 am

the following morning theor was out hunting in the woods of lorien when he saw a fair young elfish maiden.<BR>"hello , my name is theor and what would a lovely elfish maiden like yourself be doing in these here woods at this time in the morning."<BR><BR>"you speak many words theor but many of them are wrong!! my name is lote and im only half elven. I was contemplating what my uncle had told me. He tells me that i am destined for higher things than to stay in these here woods but i find it hard to believe that i can make such a diference to elven kind."<BR><BR>"If one can take thier mind to a task then anything can be accomplished. may i walk you back to your place ?" theor inquired.<BR><BR>"Yes you may and you can meet my uncle"<BR>so the pair set off towards lote's hut and upon entering the hut theor was met by lote's uncle.<BR><BR>"ha who may you be stranger?" asked Alquailinduin to theor<BR> "i am theor from the realm of rivendell. i was ensuring that your charge managed to get home safely"<BR><BR>"HA!! she is more than capable to look after herself!" said Alqauilinduin "But maybe we shall have use of you yet theor. however as you are here at the adequate breakfast time then maybe you could join us and meet onen"<BR><BR>" i would be honoured to join you" said theor to the older elf, and under his breath to himself alquailinduin said " well we shall see won't we" and they sat to have thier breakfast.
theor
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Aiwe » Sun May 16, 2004 5:39 pm

The breakfast was a good one--a bit of sweet deer sausage, scrambled eggs, and hotcakes with birch-sap syrup and the first of the season's blueberries from the hills nearby.

Onen and Theor ate their fill, politely. They knew that two people living in the middle of nowhere had little to spare for strangers, and took only what they needed for a light, pleasant breakfast.

Alqua, as usual, was the first to finish. He'd gotten into the habit of eating quickly so that he could get back to whatever Big Thought had been occupying his attentions at his cluttered desk. But today he resisted the temptation to return to his books and scrolls. He wished to talk to these two visitors. Their timing was too perfect to be mere coincedence...

Eventually they pushed their plates forward, signalling that they were through. Lote began stacking up the earthenware dishes and the utensils of horn and wood, but her uncle raised a hand.

"No, Lote, I will take care of that later. For the moment, I would like you here while we discuss your journey with these two gentlemen."

Lote frowned. "I thought--"

"I'm coming with you. Don't worry, little flower. But four are safer than two, are they not?"

Lote still frowned.

The two travelers looked at eachother, perplexed. What had they gotten themselves into?

--Aiwe
Aiwe
Ranger of the North

Postby theor » Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:46 am

theor gazed in a dazed look at alqua.

"traveling? where to" said theor

"why to go to lorien you fool have you not heard anything of the news?" said alqua

"why surley i have but what can a maiden such as your charge do against the sruggle?" exclaimed theor.

"she is no mere maiden . lote was destined to save her people from whence she was born. but obviously lote cannot do this all by herself. i would be eternaly grateful if you could go with my little flower and also you onen. will you accept this mighty task." claimed alqua

" it would be my honour to accompanie such a fine young maiden on her journey and also a good venture for me to earn my redemption and purpose in life." said theor

the air was suddenly still but it had a sense of being in it as theor and lote made the pact to travell together .

" what say you onen i have never heard of you to back down to any challenge. your renown is widley known througout middle earth. what say you"
theor
Citizen of Imladris

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)