Lord of the Placebo - DEFINITELY the IC thread this time round!

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Elfkin » Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:07 am

<strong>Frodo</strong><BR><BR><BR>The sun shines through the leaves, giving it a green, almost ethereal glow as it illuminates the huge balcony. But then, this is Rivendell, and a certain ambience is expected.<BR><BR>An ornate door swings soundlessly open, and a small face peeps in followed by the rest of the hobbit. His time at the Last Homely House has done him a world of good, but his huge blue eyes still bear a slightly hunted expression, and his pale complexion is less to do with the Fallohide in his blood than the small yet conspicuous scar on his left shoulder.<BR><BR>In his right hand he holds a memo from Lord Elrond. He checks his pocket-watch, then the note, then looks around to make sure there is no one there. He checks the note again, shrugs, and begins to read aloud, feeling slightly foolish at addressing the empty balcony.<BR><BR>“The Lord Elrond welcomes you to Rivendell, and bids you attend this Council to decide the fate of the One …” –here he pauses as if unsure he is reading a word correctly– “Placebo. He suggests a combination of book- and … movie-verse, along with a healthy dose of improvisation. <BR><BR>“Um, parts will be doled out on a first-come, first-served basis, and if your character dies or their part in the tale ends, you can become a new one: for example a former Boromir could become Fangorn or Eowyn. Small parts like Shelob and the Balrog can be played by whoever happens to be around at the time. And, please could you put the name of your character in bold at the top of your post – it’ll make it a lot easier to keep track of who’s doing and saying what.<BR><BR>“One last thing: have fun!”<BR><BR>Frodo folds up the paper, gives a bow and a grin to his imaginary audience, and props a board up against a wall. He then sits down in one of the various chairs arranged in a circle and waits for everyone else to arrive.<BR><BR>The board reads:<BR><BR>Parts:<BR><BR>Frodo- Elfkin<BR>Sam- elfshadow <BR>Merry- Nameless_Teleri <BR>Pippin-<BR>Gandalf- Dummble<BR>Aragorn- Amrunelen<BR>Legolas- Turgon1111<BR>Gimli-<BR>Boromir-<BR>Elrond-<BR>Galadriel-
Elfkin
Ranger of the North

Postby Nameless_Teleri » Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:31 am

<strong>Merry</strong><BR><BR>Through the crack in the ceiling, a hobbit peered down into the room. He saw Frodo sitting in a chair with a piece of paper in his hand, looking quite bored. "I wonder what's going on?" He muttered to himself.<BR><BR>He did not notice that the crack was widening.<BR><BR>With a dull snap, the board he lay on broke in half, and he tumbled down into the room. Fortunately, he landed on the bed.<BR><BR>"Merry?" Frodo started from his chair.<BR><BR>"What's going on, Frodo?" Merry said weakly, rubbing a bump on his head. Frodo quickly explained, and Merry staggered over to a chair next to him.
Nameless_Teleri
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Elfkin » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:21 am

<strong>Frodo</strong><BR><BR>“Practicing to be a bird?” grinned Frodo, as he and Merry sat back down. “Elrond said this was a secret meeting… but I suppose if this place is anything like back home, the whole household will know. I’m pretty sure Sam does – no matter how quiet I try to be, he always hears when I get up. I think he has telepathic powers or something. Do you know where he is?”<BR><BR>Merry shook his head. “How long do you suppose it’ll be before he finds out where I am?” asked Frodo. “I give it five minutes at the outside.”<BR>
Elfkin
Ranger of the North

Postby elfshadow » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:07 pm

<strong>Sam</strong><BR><BR>Five minutes later, Samwise Gamgee quitely opened the door.<BR><BR>"Did I just hear something break?" Sam said as he walked into Frodo's bedroom. In it he saw Frodo sitting upon his bed and Merry in a chair nearby, with a large chunk of wood and about a gallon of sawdust spilled among them. Merry and Frodo both looked at each other and rolled their eyes, but Sam didn't quite know what they were talking about or what was going on. Neither said a word.<BR><BR>"What happened to your head, Merry?" Sam inquired after seeing the large red welt on top of Merry's head. "Worse than usual, I mean?" It appeared to Sam that something had fallen onto something, and he was fairly sure that the wood had something to do with it. Merry and Frodo still stayed silent. Sam looked quickly around the room, and his eyes did a double take when they reached the ceiling. There was a medium sized, unevenly cut hole right in the middle of the ceiling. Sam could see from this angle that it was none other than Merry's bedroom.<BR><BR>Having obviously guessed Merry's predicament, and chuckled to himself at his friend's clumsiness. Walking farther into the room, Sam saw in Frodo's hand a small piece of paper.<BR><BR>"What's that?" he asked, motioning to the parchment that Frodo clutched. "That paper?"
elfshadow
Ringbearer

Postby Elfkin » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:54 am

<strong>Frodo</strong><BR><BR>Frodo and Merry laughed out loud at the look on Sam’s face when he saw the hole. Sam looked down at them, also grinning. His eyes caught the folded paper in Frodo’s hand. “What’s that? That paper?”<BR><BR>Frodo motioned him to sit with them. “A note from Lord Elrond,” he explained, “asking me to start a Council. It’s strange, though. It was very exact in telling me when to start, even if there was no-one there.”<BR><BR>“I think he can see the future,” said Merry. “He’s always looking through you, like Gandalf.”<BR><BR>“I’m sure Gandalf said something about foresight,” added Frodo. He looked thoughtfully at the paper for a moment.<BR><BR>“Have you seen Pippin?” asked Merry.<BR><BR>“The last I saw him, he was heading for the larder, but that was in the small hours,” said Sam.
Elfkin
Ranger of the North

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)