Class of 2000?

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

Re: Class of 2000?

Postby Witchwench » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:01 am

Sunsilver, you will be in my prayers..you've got this..the Big C is a flipping scary thing. The good news it can be beat..the better news, you do not walk this path alone. That you ask for prayers suggests you believe in their power and that my friend, will be your support...your faith. God bless you Sunsilver and keep you and support you, but most of all, comfort you knowing, you do not walk alone. :hug:

Please, when you are feeling up to it..check back in and let me/us know how you are doing...

Image<Witchy
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby Sunsilver » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:57 pm

Thank you, Witchy!

The internet has brought me friends from all over the world. When I posted about the cancer on FB, I had people from New Zealand (Star of Hope) Australia (Impy) and even Africa (a missionary friend, who's now working there with his wife) wishing me well!
Sunsilver
Ranger of the North

Postby Drogo Baggins » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:06 pm

Today was the day for sunsilver and I'm saying a prayer that all went well.
Drogo Baggins
Ranger of the North

Postby Sunsilver » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:49 pm

Drogo, thank you, but my surgery isn't until Thursday. That's the 24th. Today is the 21st according to my calendar! :D
Sunsilver
Ranger of the North

Postby Witchwench » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:18 pm

Drogo..you made it back..did you get your password thingy all figured out?

Sunsilver, this time next week it will be behind you...and the road to recovery in front! I'm on FB as Lynai Blodgett Torabpour...I'd love to stay in touch with you there too, if you'd send me a friend request :rose: and that really goes for anyone here on torc that is also on FB

Image<Witchy
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby strider- » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:43 pm

How are all you fine people? I just thought I’d say “hey!” Been such a long time :)
strider-
Ranger of the North

Postby Witchwench » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:24 pm

strider!! how have you been...look at us oldies still ticking! Now don't be a stranger :hug:

Image<Witchy
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby strider- » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:35 pm

Hey! All is well, ticking is better than creaking right? :rofl:
strider-
Ranger of the North

Postby Witchwench » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:20 am

Not sure strider, I creak and tick..lol :D :D :D

Where have you been? I came back to this board after oooooo, I dunno about a 10 year hiatus (it was too busy for me and I was too busy to keep up)..found the board again by accident and here we are! A nice and cosy place again, if a bit too sparse of a population..but there are some diehards here for sure and they hold the fort down, keep the door open, supply plenty of food and laughs..so I decided to put down roots again here..

Sunsilver...sunsilver, I'm thinking of you lady...hoping all is going well.

Image<Witchy
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby Hunter » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:35 pm

~
And a fond hello to the class of 2000. :) I have been stopping by on occassion for a time now and figured it was time that I stop by and say hi here in Talk. This place and all the peole I had contact with brings back so many happy menories.

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Witchwench » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:00 am

Hunter!!! pull up a chair, stay awhile :hug:

How have you been? When were you last posting here? I took a long break..made my way back here in September..now they can't get rid of me :D

Image<Witchy
Witchwench
Mariner

Postby Hunter » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:51 pm

~
Well Witchy, I found my way back after being gone for over 10 years or so. :shock: Sometime during that time I got word that the Reading Room in the Pony got messed up during a board update or something. That always bothered me since I had put alot of work into it. I couldn't do anything then, for there was alot of stuff happening in my life. Finally I found some spare time last year and after searching through old files I had saved from previous laptops, I found all the information I had saved from the work (once a geek, always a geek :rofl: ). So I started to put it back together. Life gets busy for me during the summer months (I'm semi-retired now) so I come back here once work slows down. I will be around for awhile, still updating the Reading Room, doing a bit of writing in the Pony also plus I like to read some of the RP's I find.

It will be interesting to see what Amazon comes up with concerning the new LOTR series as I've been following the news here about that too! :-D
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby SeverusSnape » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:55 pm

Greetings to the class of 2000 and welcome back to those who have been away.

There is a 2,000 post per topic threshold in the Talk forum and this thread has exceeded that limit. Please feel free to start another thread on the same topic.

snick

"The Dark Arts are many, varied, ever-changing and eternal. Fighting them is like fighting a many-headed monster, which, each time a neck is severed, sprouts a head even fiercer and cleverer than before. You are fighting that which is unfixed, mutating, indestructible."

Severus Snape
Moderator of the Dark Arts

severussnape@theonering.com
SeverusSnape
Moderator of the Dark Arts

Previous

Return to Talk: The Bird and the Baby