OOC: Orthanc Run

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

OOC: Orthanc Run

Postby Errand » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:52 pm

Notice: RP is now defunct.

And so it begins. This is a long, well thought out RP made after many weeks of thinking, writing, and constant revisings.

HAHAHA!! Actually I made this up in the last hour. That's why it looks rushed. I thought the idea was kinda cool though.

Here's the link to the main thread:

http://forums.tolkienonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=81403

So the gist is this. The Orthanc Run is a treasure run in which adventurers try to get great treasures from Saruman's Tower. Glenn Sorin is my character. He is a retired government worker of Gondor. He worked in the shadows, spying and investigating for the government. He has been called back due to strange happenings in Isengard and the settlements nearby. People have gone missing, queer noises are heard in the night, animals are mutilated, etc, etc. It seems something in Orthanc has been awakened and Sorin plans on finding out what. He is also looking for some neat pieces of art, since he is an artist now.

The tower is a maze of traps and hostile spells. No doubt some of the Uruk Hai may be around, but you may also be bumping into other projects. Projects Saruman never got to complete. We'll be choosing routes, and other stuff, and hopefully this will turn out to be a dynamic RP.

The setting is Red Hand, a ramshackle, run down settlement at the mouth of Isengard. It's a sort of final rest stop for adventurers going on to Orthanc. Master Sorin has hung a sign around his neck indicating that he is looking for people to accompany him on the Orthanc Run. To everyone, he is just an another adventurer. At this moment, he is buying sweets from a street vendor.

Here are the basics:

This is 500 years after the death of King Aragorn. So, times have changed a bit. No elves. Those with elven blood are ok, but no half elves. Dwarves and hobbits are fine. Humans too of course. It's the dog days of summer, around August, current time is late afternoon.

Concerning Magic: Wizards and sorcerors are also fine. However, they must not be Istari. They must be regular people who have learned some aspects of magic. Make spells and stuff subtle folks. Or if you're gonna toss a fireball, it better drain just about everything out of you. EVERYTHING. No summoning flutterin' Shiva and Bahamut or riding on the backs of dragons. Or shooting lightning bolts out of your unholy glowing staff +3 every five seconds.

Now if you're gonna be out of the RP for a while, give me a heads up ok? Specify whether you want the character to be carried, or make a temporary exit post of your own. Characters that are inactive for too long without a word from the author, will be posted as being seperated from the group after a certain point.I'm not gonna be a punk and kill off anyone who decides to drop out without warning me. Still, it would be appreicated if you would extend me that courtesy. If you wanna quit, no need to give a reason, just tell me.

Um, read up on the RP faqs and stuff if your new to this. I don't expect a thesis, but make your posts of reasonable length and coherence. I'm not going to kill you over the occasional short post, because sometimes the situation just warrants a short post. But you get what I'm trying to say here.

Ok, so, after creating a short profile, post anytime. We don't need to meet up all at once, so take your time.

HEAR YE HEAR YE LOOK AT THESE BOLD ITALICIZED AND CAPITAL IZED LETTERS: THESE BE THE CURRENT CHARACTERS:

Errand's Character: (Status: Active)

Name: Glenn Sorin
Height: 6'0

Appearance: Shoulder length blonde hair tied into a pony tail, gray eyes. Face is elegant and thoughtful. Wears a gray and black robe, with a brown shawl across his shoulders, and wears sandals on his feet. Has a small backpack and a single edged sword at his side. Is moderately tall and fairly slim of figure.

Summary: Glenn is a guy who has been around. He's done some shady stuff, but at heart he is an artist and a family man. He's usually calm and cool, sometimes even oblivious when he is in the grips of some great idea. As a result, he can seem kind of absentminded at times. There is nothing terribly distinctive about him at first glance.

Narnensul's Character (Status: Completed)

Name: Reven
Height: 5'7"

Appearance: Blazing red hair with a bit of a wave. She keeps it pinned away from her face, kind of half up, half down. Soft featured face with the exception of her sharp, dark eyes, faintly attractive if she ever genuinely smiles (a rare occurrence). She wears normal clothes, except she substitutes pants instead of a skirt.

Etc: Reven has a fiery attitude and a foul mouth that matches her hair perfectly. She adores gold, jewels, money, cards, and smoking. This woman can plow through ten cigarettes a day, however she's been trying to cut back as she tries to quit. As a result she is quite irritable at the time this story picks up. No one is sure what she does exactly, but she gets along quite well. Reven knows a good majority of the people living in Red Hand and often helps outsiders around the town, usually ripping them off in the process. There is a flicker of good in her from time to time and she is quite humorous underneath it all, it just takes a little time.

Eldfess's Character (Status: Inactive)

Name: Sacrun/Sacrun the Fey
Race: Human(with some traces of fairy blood, so his aunt would say)
Appearance: height 5'9", hair ragged and gray, gray eyes, lean build, has a hungry look about him. Dressed in old rags that barely hold their old rich colors of maroon and blue.

History: Little is known about him cause he knows little himself. He has been trapped in the tower of Orthanc for decades. He knows the way out, but something holds him back. His trauma in the tower has caused him to go half mad. He can be a little cooky normally, but generally stable. However, sometimes he is triggered and completely loses it. A split personality kinda thing.

Abilities: He is mainly an elementalist in powers. His greatest strength is with fire magic, though he can call wind as well. Water is harder to deal with as a weapon, but in need he can combine the water in the atmosphere into a cup or something. Its one of the ways that he survived. It takes concentration to call up these powers, and sometimes it is withheld from him. He generally hangs back in a fight to be able to concentrate without worrying about getting hit. He can use wind to knock people over or create a kind of barrier of protection.

However, when he goes insane his focus increases exponentially. Thus he becomes much more powerful. This is dangerous for his friends too cause he has trouble distinguishing between friend and foe. He is interested in learning more and doesn't know the limits of his powers yet.

Atalantea's Character: (Status: Active)

Karimlan: Thief of human race.

Physical Attributes: Angelic, virginal beauty. Gold wavy hair. Green eyes. White skin, slender body. Nice voice. Wears stuff that revealed more than it covered.

Attributes: Smart and cunning. Totally obsessed with herself, her beauty... really vain. She is a good thief and no one (more of males) can refuse her once she does the fluttering of lashes and pouting.

Her deal: She uses her beauty to steal and take advantage of people.

Ulugz's Character: (Status: Active)

Amaroqaka, Kennel master

A decendant of Saruman's experiments with the Uruk-hai He is the keeper of the decendents of Saruman's mutant wargs. possesing a hitherto unknown set of keys, that has been handed down from father to son since the massacre at Helms Deep. He is a lean muscled orc, with only one eye, and ears that are little more than a tattered fringe of flesh. His hair is shaved off except a long scalp-lock, (the better to show off his impressive collection of scars, brandings, and piercings...) He can understand wargish, and "speak" it in a limited fashion (Not having a tail is a handicap there...) He will know several secret ways in and out of the pits beneath Orthanc, and will on occaision be found in Red Hand drinking and bullying anyone he thinks looks weak.
He looks and acts tough, but will back down quickly from a stronger foe, unless backed up by the wargs. Sly and weasel-smart, he will ally with treasure seekers if approached.

Blademaster12's Character: (Status: Active)

Name: Alasar (no last name given)
Race: Human

Appearance: Height: 6'3", Clothes: A plain black cloak with a large hood to shadow his eyes that he wears all the time. Outward appearance is scruffy and his cloak is ragged, but every once in a while, you can catch a glimpse of a suit of silvery mail hidden beneath the folds of his cloak. If he ever does draw back his hood, his long, flowing golden blond hair can be seen. (It is said that he may be part elf, but no one knows for sure).

Weapon: Large broadsword standard for a soldier of Gondor.

History: Formerly a soldier of Gonder and Guard of the Citadel. Due to a mysterious mishap of which he never speaks, he was banished from the lands of Gondor. Up to the time of this quest, he freely roamed the lands of Middle Earth, in search of some way to regain his honor.

Abilities: Greatly skilled with a blade, but does not like to make a show of this and stays out while others are sparing for practice. Usually a follower, but in a crisis situation, is capable of taking command and leading companions onward. Has no magical abilities whatsoever.

Frelga's Character: (Status: Active)

Name: Geli

Race: 17 year old human female

Appearance: Medium height; slender, athletic build. With wide shoulders and narrow hips, she looks like the gymnast she is. Geli is just beginning to develop some hints of curviness, which annoys her immensely. Olive skin, large black eyes and long, wavy black hair - in a few more years she could be quite pretty.

Attributes and abilities: A street performer: acrobat, tightrope walker, juggler, singer, and a general-purpose daredevil. Has no concept of fear. Knows how to pick a lock or a pocket. Has some skills in street-wise self-defense with knife, stick and such. She can be great company in her better mood, which makes her occasional violent outbursts all the more dangerous.

Elfshadow's Character: (Status: Active)

Name: Reomas
Race: Man
Place of Residence: Edoras

Appearance: Reomas is of medium height and slender build, with black hair and eyes and very pale skin, giving her a slightly dark appearance. She wears a simple knit dress most of the time, but always wears leggings and a shirt underneath to give her freedom of movement if necessary.
Weapons: Reomas carries only a small dagger with a jeweled handle, passed down to her from her father. She keeps it hidden within her dress at all times.

Personality: She is very personable, quick to laugh and make jokes. She often strikes up conversations with those she doesn't know, and is eager to talk to others about anything they wish too. However, she is wise for her age and knows when to stop being humorous and start being serious. Because of this, she has a natural leading ability, but often isn't recognized for this because of her female status.

Bio: Reomas is a peasant in the city of Edoras; she grew up there and so knows a lot of the doings of both the royal family and of Rohan itself. She works as a messenger for the royal family and is often privy to secret information as a result of her sharp mind and ability to infer conclusions from bits of conversations, although the royal family and its advisors do not know this.

Proud Mary's Character: (Status: Active)

Name: Arthur (called Art) Zoil
Built : Thin and tall (looks like scarecrow)

Appearance : Dark brown hair , very shaggy almost to his arms but little shorter. He tried to grow a beard - like all famous wizards had , but his tries look more like old scruffy fur. He doesn’t have moustache – he always thought they make him look old, and he had right . He got a pleasant face , which wasn’t helpful when you want to be respected and noble magician. He wears once great robe , that looks more like rags now. Cut to his knees , with one sleeve left.

Story : Art was raised in well known wizard family. His father was a wizard ( Ooo so they can have children ) , his grandfather was a wizard and who knows maybe he is far family of Saruman himself . But little Arthur never had even a bit of his ancestors talent. He tried very much to be best of all wizards, even bad wizard wouldn’t be too bad for him – but nothing worked. So in search of greatest power he traveled to Orthanc. He seek some mystical stuff that could made him most powerful mage ever – but as we can expect he was too cowardly to go to Orthanc for himself. Considering his poor skills in everything, he got little dramatic and made a decision to became a bard. He thinks that being a bard is more easy than being mage – no one expects from poet to throw fireballs, to be brave or to be noble. But to be honest , Arthur is worst musician than wizard. His singing could kill as same as spell…

Character : As natural born mage Art is proud and selfish. He is plain coward and has no talent in absolutely anything. He desires great fame and power and that is only thing that matters him. For now on – as in depression he tries to change himself, get involved in some noble quest , find some friends , fight with his fears …and became good poet. Oh it will be hard…

Place : For now on he sits somewhere (could be in apothecary shop) with great depression (maybe crying his sorrows to some alcohol) and with his 4 stringed guitar – only one left in Red hand shop (No he can’t play , but he tries hard) and he tries to sing some poetry (awfully bad)… He seeks for some sign from heavens that will show him his way of live…

THE STORY THUS FAR...

Yea our fearless runners of the tower infernal have begun their quest in earnest. The accursed tower of traitors doth burn with the fires of hell and blooms with the beauty of spring. Yet over all lies the shadows of the past and phantoms unseen. The wretched Amaroq hath found the way in through a seldom used passageway. Our runners are greeted with the hall of feasts, cavernous in size and still set upon with tables and cookware.

Hark! What light that covers the halls? Green mine eyes perceiveth, and it doth reveal a nauseous terror the likes of which are too lurid for mortal description. T'was a feast indeed, the Feast of the Damned. What horrors lay on the platters! What travesties of man and beast were displayed so gruesomely!

And the crimson runneth every which way. The walls were covered with bloody handprints and tortured scrawlings, crying out to deaf gods who knew no mercy. The loquacious thief, Karimlan, did then stumble upon the silvery teeth of the another runner, who had now met his sickening doom.

Yet, in the face of this mind shattering experience, our runners did not flee or panic. Oh runners of Orthanc! Stout hearts! Stead fast! T'was a wonder indeed.

It came to be that the Rohirrim maiden, Reomas the Rider, did then point the way to safety in a laviscious hallway filled with doors on every side. Our leader, the artist Glenn Sorin, took note of the many and beautiful crafting surrounding them. But Geli the Performer, she of the many masks, did then feel the presence of a malignant evil!

Bold Alasar drew his sword straightaways and Wizard Zoil of the broken strings sang on much to Amaroq's dismay! But Master Sorin called a halt and stopped them all. What evil doth chase us? What force chases us from one room to another? Not a one of them could answer.

Thus they paused in that great hall of doors and did rest briefly. Brief indeed for the terror was to come all too soon once more. The runners did then choose a door from the many and did open it.

AND LO! T'was the Feast of the Damned all over! But with a subtle difference that didst nearly unnerve them. Yet, what is the function of a feast but to feed?

Yea verily, the disgusting meals were indeed being devoured by an unknown, unseen agency. Will Master Sorin and the Runners of Orthanc overcome this madness? Time doth tell all.

Any questions, feel free to ask.
Last edited by Errand on Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:57 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Errand
Shield Bearer

Postby Aiwe » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:21 pm

I happen to have a character who's one of those "other projects" you mentioned. He's a bad-guy leaning towards good. Would he be welome in this RP? :)

--Aiwe
Aiwe
Ranger of the North

Postby Eldfess » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:48 pm

this is interesting...:)

I have a character that i've been waiting for a maze RP to bring out. He has been trapped in a maze (perhaps this one) for decades. As such, he has gone at least half mad. He is a wizard. But his power is limited when he is coherent. He slips between sane and insane sometimes. When he goes crazy, his full power is unleashed (a fireball is simple stuff) but he is uncontrollable and such. Otherwise he is quite limited in ability.

lol, let me know what ya think. If its fine, I'll post a better bio and stuff, but this character has little to no history on the threads and much will be created when i start to use him
Eldfess
Ranger of the North

Postby Errand » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:49 am

Greetings. Let's get down to business.

Aiwe: HI! Your idea has merit. Could be valuable as a guide. Or not. I'll leave it up to you on how you'll introduce the char, though if you need suggestions, I have planned a certain event in Red Hand that you might fit in.

As an added note, my description of the innards of Orthanc might be different from what you might expect. I am going to attempt to evoke the spirit of Lovecraft and Giger. Or some poor parody of them, whichever arrives faster.

Eldfess: HI! A lost adventurer, or whatever his backstory, certainly fits. You'll have to cut down on the wiz's power in his mad form though. Remember, subtlety! I don't want magic users to overshadow everyone else with their powers. I mean, I've seen some RPs where magic gets tossed around like dwarves in movies. Totally kills the atmosphere and need for other characters.

Of course I don't need you to be a weakling or anything. And you can get flashy now and then. I want every character to have his/her shining moment/s in this RP. But, don't overdo it. That's all.
Errand
Shield Bearer

Postby Gloamglozer » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:17 pm

This looks interesting. Yes. I would kindly like to join this RP. I have a character perfect for this.
AND
I'm already figuring out a post.
Well that is if i'm allowed to join.

Lord Gloamglozer
Gloamglozer
Ranger of the North

Postby elfshadow » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:32 pm

This looks like a pretty cool idea, sounds interesting :) . Okay, I have a character that I wrote for another RP, but I think it would work here as well. She's from Rohan (so she'd be close to Orthanc), I originally had her working as a servant in the house of Eorl, but I'm not sure if that dynasty would still remain 500 years later, so I can make her a regular peasant if it would be easier. She's pretty flexible in terms of background, I can make her just about anyone in Rohan.

Oh, just curious, about how many people is this RP going to need?
elfshadow
Ringbearer

Postby Errand » Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:14 pm

Ah, good, good. Even more people. Yes, Gloamglozer just make a brief profile so I can get a feel for the character. I probably won't have any quibbles. Then anyone can post whenever they're ready.

Good question on dynasty. If you want my opinion, I think it's possible, but the House might have declined a bit and wields less influence.

Oh yeah, on the matter of people, NO LIMIT! The way I see it, people are gonna drop out, people are gonna join in. Makes it dynamic. And I'm not exactly expecting a rush of people to join either, so I seriously doubt the number of RPers will be too much to handle.
Errand
Shield Bearer

Postby Eldfess » Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:51 pm

Errand wrote:I don't want magic users to overshadow everyone else with their powers. I mean, I've seen some RPs where magic gets tossed around like dwarves in movies. Totally kills the atmosphere and need for other characters.

Don't you worry about that. If you've read some of my stuff you'd understand. What I meant by the fireball thing is that is rather simple magic by all i've read or heard. But I am a master of limits. Whenever I have a character they have their limits and I agree that that is very important. No one too powerful.

For example with my character, Sacrun, he is quite limited in his abilities as sane, but when he loses it he loses it and is able to tap into more power. This isn't limitless and its not gonna happen often. He can't control it and sometimes may have no power at all....
Eldfess
Ranger of the North

Postby narnensul » Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:10 pm

Greetings Errand, I'm glad to see you have your very own thread and story.

The story is indeed interesting and creative. Though I don't think I could make a full blown character for the entirety of the story. If you need someone to pop in occasionally or show up for some time and drop out, then I can definitely fill that role.

...Perhaps a person to help Glenn find some people to work for him while he is in Red Hand. A particularly loud, foul mouthed, known woman with a sharp eye for money, gambling, cards and the thought in her head that she can do anything men can do? Faintly attractive despite her penchant for incredibly gaudy things?...Haha. Look at me, I'm already forming a character...if you need me just say the word and I'll get a rough sketch for this woman or another character if you don't like her.

Might I add you seem much more animated in here than in To and From ooc. :D

(Hi Aiwe! ;))
narnensul
Ranger of the North

Postby Aiwe » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:15 pm

Hi Narn! :D

Great, Eldfess. Santhec Arandakh is at your service. How about he sees you go in, follows for a bit, unnoticed, and then drops in when you get stuck pretty early on? :)

Just to let you know, Santhec has limited magical abilities, all in the area of deception. He can make what little can be seen of him through the robes, face-scarf, mirror-black spectacles, cloak, etc., seem human, and he's good at blending in to shadows. Nothing flashy--he can't create an illusion of something that isn't there, nor can he make something that really is there invisible. For instance, he can make his shades look like normal reading-glasses, but the only way to make them look as though they're not there is to take them off and hide them somewhere. He cannot change the way his eyes look (which is distinctly nonhuman), nor can he maintain any deception whilst unconscious (knocked out, asleep, whatever).

Hope that works. :)

--Aiwe
Aiwe
Ranger of the North

Postby Errand » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:09 pm

Yes, well, you see, since my characters in To and From were so lively, I myself reacted in the opposite matter. But here, you see, my character is quite calm and so, .... *coughimjustmakingupabunchofcrapcough*

Of course thats fine narnesul, good to see you again. We could always use people on the street to lend a hand, though not neccesarily to the tower. Post a profile whenever you're ready and .... ah you all know the deal.

Sounds good Aiwe!

Ok Eldfess! I'll trust to your judgement.

And I'm out for the day!!!!!!!!! <-------- Damn look at all those exclamation marks!
Errand
Shield Bearer

Postby Arenial » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:11 pm

OOOO shiny new RP; I just had to come look. I'd like to join, but I'll be gone this summer. After the summer, if there is still room, can I join?
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby Errand » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:14 pm

If the RP is still kickin, yeah.
Errand
Shield Bearer

Postby atalantea » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:10 am

This Rp looks interesting. I think I wanna join. I'll be using a thief for my character. I'm just not sure which thief and (I'm not really sure if you'll let me join. :D) but I think Kundiman, a green eyed, golden haired human who is basically obsessed and in live with herself would do. She's from a clan called Ecijan and well, I'll post her attributes if Errand would accept me. (Hope you will :D)
atalantea
Rider of the Mark

Postby Errand » Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:20 am

No. Errand happens to hate you with a passion. No, no, no.... if you're interested, go ahead. Thieves and treasure go together like... stuff.
Errand
Shield Bearer

Postby narnensul » Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:16 am

Hey! Be nice! :)

Name: Reven
Height: 5'7"

Appearance: Blazing red hair with a bit of a wave. She keeps it pinned away from her face, kind of half up, half down. Soft featured face with the exception of her sharp, dark eyes, faintly attractive if she ever genuinely smiles (a rare occurrence). She wears normal clothes, except she substitutes pants instead of a skirt.

Etc: Reven has a fiery attitude and a foul mouth that matches her hair perfectly. She adores gold, jewels, money, cards, and smoking. This woman can plow through ten cigarettes a day, however she's been trying to cut back as she tries to quit. As a result she is quite irritable at the time this story picks up. No one is sure what she does exactly, but she gets along quite well. Reven knows a good majority of the people living in Red Hand and often helps outsiders around the town, usually ripping them off in the process. There is a flicker of good in her from time to time and she is quite humorous underneath it all, it just takes a little time.

Reven will only be in the story for the time that everyone is in Red Hand. Not for all the gold in the world would she go to Orthanc...okay maybe for that much gold, but she will not accompany the group past the borders of Red Hand.

Lord Gloamglozer, would you like to make your post before I? You mentioned something about already forming a post earlier...If your character needs an introduction I can help by using Reven to introduce Soren to your character, if you're fine on the introduction part then I'll bring Reven in after your post.

Edit: I actually have a finished post already up and ready, contemplating whether or not I should put it up now or not...Lord Gloamglozer if you really want to jump in first I'll edit my post to fit, but I'm going to go ahead and post unless I hear otherwise sometime soon.
Last edited by narnensul on Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
narnensul
Ranger of the North

Postby Eldfess » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:06 pm

Alright, Errand. I wont dissapoint you. :)

Name: Sacrun/Sacrun the Fey
Race: Human(with some traces of fairy blood, so his aunt would say)
Appearance: height 5'9", hair ragged and gray, gray eyes, lean build, has a hungry look about him. Dressed in old rags that barely hold their old rich colors of maroon and blue.
History: Little is known about him cause he knows little himself. He has been trapped in the tower of Orthanc for decades. He knows the way out, but something holds him back. His trauma in the tower has caused him to go half mad. He can be a little cooky normally, but generally stable. However, sometimes he is triggered and completely loses it. A split personality kinda thing.
Abilities: He is mainly an elementalist in powers. His greatest strength is with fire magic, though he can call wind as well. Water is harder to deal with as a weapon, but in need he can combine the water in the atmosphere into a cup or something. Its one of the ways that he survived. It takes concentration to call up these powers, and sometimes it is withheld from him. He generally hangs back in a fight to be able to concentrate without worrying about getting hit. He can use wind to knock people over or create a kind of barrier of protection.

However, when he goes insane his focus increases exponentially. Thus he becomes much more powerful. This is dangerous for his friends too cause he has trouble distinguishing between friend and foe. He is interested in learning more and doesn't know the limits of his powers yet.
Eldfess
Ranger of the North

Postby Ulugz » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:41 pm

Ok I can only post two or three times a week, but if that's OK...
Amaroq aka, Kennel master
A decendant of Saruman's experiments with the Uruk-hai He is the keeper of the decendents of Saruman's mutant wargs. possesing a hitherto unknown set of keys, that has been handed down from father to son since the massacre at Helms Deep. He is a lean muscled orc, with only one eye, and ears that are little more than a tattered fringe of flesh. His hair is shaved off except a long scalp-lock, (the better to show off his impressive collection of scars, brandings, and piercings...) He can understand wargish, and "speak" it in a limited fashion (Not having a tail is a handicap there...) He will know several secret ways in and out of the pits beneath Orthanc, and will on occaision be found in Red Hand drinking and bullying anyone he thinks looks weak.
He looks and acts tough, but will back down quickly from a stronger foe, unless backed up by the wargs. Sly and weasel-smart, he will ally with treasure seekers if approached. :twisted:
Last edited by Ulugz on Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ulugz
Rider of the Mark

Postby atalantea » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:51 pm

Okidoki....

Kundiman: Thief of human race.

Physical Attributes: Angelic, virginal beauty. Gold wavy hair. Green eyes. White skin, slender body. Nice voice. Wears stuff that revealed more than it covered.

Attributes: Smart and cunning. Totally obsessed with herself, her beauty... really vain. She is a good thief and no one (more of males) can refuse her once she does the fluttering of lashes and pouting.

Her deal: She uses her beauty to steal and take advantage of people. Because of this, she'll be dragged into the troop because she almost managed to get away with stealing from someone really smart. (One of you guys).

I'm ok if you guys use Kundiman just don't let her look like a lightskirt. :wink:
atalantea
Rider of the Mark

Postby Eldfess » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:13 pm

alright, i'm gonna hang off on bringing my character into this. he is, after all, trapped inside...lol.

;) hey, errand, how is that for limiting his abilities. I didn't exactly think about what they would be till I sat down to write it out. now i've got a place to go with them. lol
Eldfess
Ranger of the North

Postby Errand » Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:12 pm

It's good. Hmm, better update the character list.

Narnensul, I may have grossly miscalculated my portrayal of your character, so you'll have to advise me on what to revise, if you don't mind.

Ulugz: HI! I have some questions. Do you mean to say he lives in Orthanc or Red Hand? Can't have strange dudes from Orthanc just crusiing into town after all. I intend for the tower to have a mysterious air about it, almost impenetrable, and its denizens, doubly so.

So as I see it, you're an orc who got out of Orthanc a long while ago and knows some of the ins and outs of the place, as well as possessing a useful key. Would that be close? It could work out pretty well as long as you don't know TOO much of Orthanc (getting lost and confused is all part of the fun far as I'm concerned)

Aiwe, need a profile. Unless you want me to use the above?
Errand
Shield Bearer

Postby Frelga » Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:30 pm

Errand, can you use another female character? Geli, human, an acrobat, juggler, tightrope walker and a general purpose daredevil since the day she was born. At 17, she is confused by womanhood sneaking up on her, and angry that it messes up her comfortable relations with male members of her troup.

What say you?
Last edited by Frelga on Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Eldfess » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:31 pm

just a thought...perhaps the orc character purposely confuses and loses its way for the sake of the group he's with? Or randomly dissapears during a deadly battle?
Eldfess
Ranger of the North

Postby narnensul » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:31 pm

Errand, You got Reven down quite right. In fact you helped me a bit with her, I haven't done her sorts in a while. And I must say that post made me laugh out loud, very funny.
narnensul
Ranger of the North

Postby blademaster12 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:54 am

Hey, this looks interesting and I would like to join. It would be my first RP in this forum though. If you will have me:

Name: Alasar (no last name given)
Race: Human
Appearance: Hieght: 6'3", Clothes: A plain black cloak with a large hood to shadow his eyes that he wears all the time. Outward appearance is scruffy and his cloak is ragged, but every once in a while, you can catch a glimpse of a suit of silvery mail hidden beneath the folds of his cloak. If he ever does draw back his hood, his long, flowing golden blond hair can be seen. (It is said that he may be part elf, but no one knows for sure).
Weapon: Large broadsword standard for a soldier of Gondor.
History: Formerly a soldier of Gonder and Gaurd of the Citidel. Due to a mysterious mishap of which he never speaks, he was banished from the lands of Gondor. Up to the time of this quest, he freely roamed the lands of Middle Earth, in search a some way to regain his honor.
Abilities:Greatly skilled with a blade, but does not like to make a show of this and stays out while others are sparing for practice. Usually a follower, but in a crisis situation, is capable of taking command and leading companions onward. Has no magical abilities whatsoever.
blademaster12
Rider of the Mark

Postby Ulugz » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:29 am

So as I see it, you're an orc who got out of Orthanc a long while ago and knows some of the ins and outs of the place, as well as possessing a useful key. Would that be close?

I figure it was his great-great-great-great granddad who eacaped the tower. The key would be an heirloom handed down the generations, and the secrets would be the same. Stories told from memory, (Uruk-hai don't write) As far as a double-cross.... :twisted: who knows!
Am I in?
Ulugz
Rider of the Mark

Postby Errand » Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:24 am

Who are you and what are these males you speak of?! Yes, we have room for acrobats and confused maidens. I mean hell, we haven't decided if we're going up the tower or down after all. Need a bit of a profile tho.

All well and good Ulugz. Decendant would be a better fit. You'll have to specify what you want the rest of us to do when you're taking some time off, though.

Next we have blademaster, the twelfth of his name. First timer eh? Alright, if you feel you're equal to the task. Skim through some helper thread if you need a refresher course. I think it's called RP faq or something.

Eldfess, Aiwe, just fester in limbo.... er, have patience while we sort through Red Hand.

Time to update the character list once more.
Errand
Shield Bearer

Postby Gloamglozer » Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:23 pm

Thanks for asking my permission Narnensul but if you've posted first it doesn't matter.
I'll just have to reconfigure my post. Won't i
Gloamglozer
Ranger of the North

Postby Impenitent » Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:31 pm

Greetings and felicitations Errand and company. :)

I was just dropping in to say hello and wish you well on your endeavour, and then I read the last couple of lines in your post...and I thought..."Flavius!"

Errand, do you have room for an incompetent, cowardly wizard with a very, very smart-arsed mule?

He's currently in 'Rain on Bree' and he's abit of a laugh. I think he'd come and go - more of a cameo than a constant companion because my RL is hectic. Let me know.

EDIT: spoke too soon...in truth, I'm over-committed and wouldn't be able to keep up. Don't want to hold people back. :) So...I withdraw my ill-considered request.

Have fun!
Last edited by Impenitent on Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Impenitent
Rider of the Mark

Postby Frelga » Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:09 pm

Thanks, Errand, here's the profile for my character.

Name: Geli

Race: 17 year old human female

Appearance: Medium height; slender, athletic build. With wide shoulders and narrow hips, she looks like the gymnast she is. Geli is just beginning to develop some hints of curviness, which annoys her immensely. Olive skin, large black eyes and long, wavy black hair - in a few more years she could be quite pretty.

Attributes and abilities: A street performer: acrobat, tightrope walker, juggler, singer, and a general-purpose daredevil. Has no concept of fear. Knows how to pick a lock or a pocket. Has some skills in street-wise self-defense with knife, stick and such. She can be great company in her better mood, which makes her occasional violent outbursts all the more dangerous.
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)