OOC: Family Tears

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

OOC: Family Tears

Postby LadyLariaien » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:13 pm

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed the story. If you want to join, welcome, anyone is invited to jump in. But please here are some rules which I forgot to post before.
1. Please post bio here before jumping in
2. We would like it to be appropriate for children under 13, that means no parts that includes a guy and girl...I'm going to detail.
3. Ask the owner of a character before hurting/killing
4. Have fun!!

My Bio is on the next post.

Here is the story http://forums.tolkienonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=82840

Thanks,
~LadyL~

Writers

LadyLariaien-Alye
RubyTook-Merequa
Errand-Black Bowman
Last edited by LadyLariaien on Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LadyLariaien
Shield Bearer

Alye

Postby LadyLariaien » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:17 pm

Name: Alye*(third)
Race: Elf
Age: umm I’m not good with this but if she were human she’d be 19
Family: Father-Ohtar*; Mother-Alassantë*; Sisters-Áracalë*(oldest), Laicamíri*(fourth), Eruvande*(youngest); Brother-Ettelenu*(second)
Appearance: She has long light brown hair and light blue/gray eyes. She’s short for an elf, very thin; she’s pale and looks almost sick. She’s wearing a plain dark green dress.
Personality: Likes to read, write, and cook. Knows how to fight but doesn’t like to. A day dreamer and romantic.
Weapons: Father’s sword and a whip

*Meanings ‘Blessed‘, ‘Warrior’, “Joy-Bringer’, ‘Light of dawn’, ‘Jade’, ‘Eru’s oath’, ‘Foreign’

~LadyL~
LadyLariaien
Shield Bearer

Postby Tanith » Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:30 pm

Hi there Lady Lariaien,
I am only involved in one RP at the moment, and I'm considering taking up another...not sure if I'll join yet, I'm a bit on the indecisive side :roll: but i'll be watching to see how things pan out, and will post again when I've made my decision :twisted:

It might be an idea to develop something of a plotline...where would you like your story to go? What direction will it take? Are there any types of characters/races you wanted to include particularly in this RP? I can think on which of my characters to include...

Tanith.
Tanith
Rider of the Mark

Postby Frelga » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:07 pm

Hi, LadyLariaien. Like Tanith, I am intrigued by this beginning, and I would also like to see a bit more info on where you intend to take this story. Is this going to be a mission... quest... thing... to rescue Alye's family, and if so, do you want to assemble a group to go with her? Is there going to be a separate plotline that follows the rest of the family, and does it need some fellow prisoners?

And more questions, if you can stand them. What time period did you have in mind? The War of the Ring or earlier? And where does Alye's family live? I cannot off the top of my head think of any place three days ride from Rivendell, but I am no expert on Elves.

If you are still talking to me ;), I would probably play a human, preferrably a female of Rohan if that's historically appropriate. But I am fairly flexible and like creating new characters to suit the RP, so let me know what you had in mind.

Sorry to pepper you with questions like that.
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Arwen902 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:09 am

Hi LadyL.
Well it seems like Frelga and Tanith have asked all the questions I would've asked :)
This is an interesting beginning though and I'd like to join. :) I'll post a bio soon.
Arwen902
Ranger of the North

umm..

Postby LadyLariaien » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:12 pm

Well, I do have an idea for the time, before the War ofthe Ring about 1976. For the story line, yes, Alye going after her family was kinda in the plan, and thoughts of doing seperate plotline with her family and other prisioner past through my mind.
Alye was country Elf, I would like to think that there were some elves who lived by themselves on a farm type place. Alye's home wasn't too far from Trollshaws Forest, and three days ride to Rivendell.
A Lady Of Rohan would be welcomed, I don't want to dictate the RP.
If you all would like I can post Bios on her family members. I await your reply.

~LadyL~
LadyLariaien
Shield Bearer

Postby Errand » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:47 pm

Since my current RP has stalled, I shall barge into this one.

Name: The Black Bowman
Height: 6'2

Appearance: Tall and lean. Roguish air. Black shock of hair, tied in the back, streaks of gray. One eye is closed and has a scar over the lid. Right hand missing pinky finger. Clad entirely in black. Black yew bow strapped to his back.

Summary: The Black Bowman is an infamous outlaw. He is also a Master Woodsman, the match of just about any Man or Elf. Very few know the woods like he does. His marksmanship is uncanny. His past is a mystery, his future equally so. He's not really a good person, but not completely a bad person either. More bad than good though, frankly. Currently roaming the woods in an outlaw band.

Basically. as you'll see in my post, he sorta tried to be good, but it's just far easier to be bad. Time for heroes to step in and save our fair maiden!
Errand
Shield Bearer

Postby RubyTook » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:48 pm

Name: Merequa
Race: Elf
Age: hmmm quite young for an elf, about 20 in human years
Family:She is an orphan, so she has no family that she knows of that are still alive.
Appearance: She has silky red hair that goes halfway down her back, and dark amethyst eyes, she is rather tall, but not too tall, and she usually wears a dark velvety blue dress, but sometimes she wears trousers and a simple button up shirt.
Personality:She likes to ride her horse, read, write and sleep. She can be a rather lazy elf, but active when she needs to be. She can be grumpy when awakened early, and likes the nighttime more than the day, because she can gaze at the stars.
Weapons: a small knife that is just inside her right boot, and an elvish sword, as well as other knives she has for protection and for daily uses.

I hope that works for a profile and I hope I get your feedback soon and I'll reply!!!
RubyTook
Petitioner to the Council

Thank you

Postby LadyLariaien » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:54 pm

Errand and RubyTook for joining.
Ruby might I say Merequa sounds alot like you :D:D:D
Arwen I look forward to writing with you again.
~LadyL~
LadyLariaien
Shield Bearer

Postby RubyTook » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:57 pm

Yes, doesn't it though? :) I like the name so heehee! :D
RubyTook

Maybe

Postby aragorn_cute07 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:18 pm

Hi LadyL. I'm thinking of joining, but I've never joined a role play before. I don't really know what to do. :? I'll think about a character.

-aragorn_cute07
aragorn_cute07

Postby Rystiqa » Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:48 pm

Hey LadyL! ^^ I am interested in joining this thread! Here's my character bio:

Name: Kiada
Race: Rohirrim
Appearance: Kiada has shoulderlength light brown hair and deep blue eyes. She is about 5' 4'' in height *not that tall*, very beautiful, and always wears her mother's beige cloak and an eowynesque dress.
Bio: Kiada was orphaned but abandoned about nine years ago, and she spent her days peddling wares in Rohan on a daily basis, but was never welcomed there, so she goes on a journey by herself all around Middle Earth looking for a place she can call home.
Weapons: One arrow. That's it. She couldn't steal anything else.. ^_^;

If anything needs changing, please let me know! ^^

~Rysty

PS aragon_cute07, welcome to Tolkien Online! *v* I hope you'll have fun here!
Last edited by Rystiqa on Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rystiqa
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Echo_Starlite » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:43 pm

I am considering this RP for the moment, but as I'd like my two cents in a bit early, I'm posting a character bio. She's a dabble in a new direction, so I may be a bit rusty with the flow of the story as I get used to her.

Name: Malva
Race: Gondorian
Appearance: Malva is an older woman just going to seed. She's not quite as limber or energetic as she was in her youth, but her mind's just as sharp and her intuition sharper. Her hair is dark brown and pulled back in a conservative ponytail, and she always carries a wooden walking stick with her, though it seems of no use besides giving a good whack in the shins to passing children. Her dark green shawl covers her plain clothes, and the only thing of any value she owns is a golden locket her mother gave to her when she was a child.
Bio: Malva lived in Edhellond her entire life before her parents died, and has never seen Minas Tirith, though she has traveled far along the shores of the Sea.
Weaponry: Her walking stick, if it can count as such at all.

Feedback would be welcomed.
Echo_Starlite
Ranger of the North

Postby Tanith » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:55 pm

Some very intriguing characters have already offered their services... (at least in part)...which is encouraging me to join all the more.
I'll let you know by the end of the week, either way. My other RP has taken off, as of late, and I'm there a lot of the time now so... :? We'll see.

Tanith :horse:
Tanith
Rider of the Mark

Postby Frelga » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:28 am

Wow, it looks like this is really taking off. I still can't think of a character that would fit. I hope to get an inspiration and come back. In the meantime, good luck!

Errand wrote:Since my current RP has stalled, I shall barge into this one.

Funny, that's exactly what I was going to say. :lol:
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Arwen902 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:36 am

I look forward to RPing with you again too LadyL :D
And I have been lurking in Trust so if there are still some people around who want to continue with it I'll try to post again there too.:D

I think it would be quite interesting to play one of Alye's family, though I could write another character too if it was needed, so if you could give me an idea of what some of those characters are like it'd be great.:D
Arwen902
Ranger of the North

Thank you

Postby LadyLariaien » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:41 am

Arwen, I can give you what they look like and part of their personalities but I'm going to leave the rest up to you. You're good with that kind of thing. :D and I would like to continue posting a Trust.
Rystiqa and Echo_Starlite thank you for offering your character to the story, I hope you decide to join.

~LadyL~

Father: Other - about 6’ 7’’ light brown hair, deep blue eyes, very well build, he was born on a small farm one day’s ride from Rivendell, after he married he moved back to one three day ride away.

Mother-Alassante- about 6’4’’ bright blond hair, light blue/gray eyes, small well figured elf. She was born in Rivendell and never left until after she married.

Siblings (By order of age)

Áracalë - oldest 6‘ 5’’ black (almost blue) hair, bright green eyes built much like her father in a female form. She loves being with her family.

Ettelenu - second 6’ 8’’ fiery red hair, soft blue eyes, broad shoulders, well muscled. He is the only boy in the family and was named ‘Foreign’ because of his hair. Alye was born after him.

Laicamíri - fourth 6’ 1’’ sandy blond hair, bright gray eyes, a smaller image of her mother. As the smallest she is used to being protected.

Eruvande- youngest 6’4’’ dark brown hair, deep green eyes, broad shoulders, full figured. She’s the youngest but independent.
LadyLariaien
Shield Bearer

Postby Arwen902 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:26 am

Thanks LadyL :D
Ok, I'm working on a post for Trust now :) and if it's ok for this RP I'd love to write as Áracalë as she seems the least like my own characters.:D
Arwen902
Ranger of the North

Postby *LadyofRohan* » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:53 am

hi everybody! I'm lady of Rohan and I would like to join this RP. Here is my bio...it might be cheesy...forgive me if it is.

Name: Talath
Race: Gondorian
Appearance: Tall. hip lenghth, red hair and green eyes. She is usually seen wearing a big sleeved, white shirt with a dark red, ragged, loose fitting skirt that goes to her ankel. She has a leather belt, attached to it are two knives and a bag of money.
Bio: She lived in Gondor with her older brother(their parents died when she was 6). They made a living working in the stables. Her brother was kidnapped when she was 10 and murdered. Talath Went into depression and swore to avenge her brother. She trained hard for seven years. And left Gondor to seek the council of Elrond (where she is living now).
Weaponry: a bo staff like weapon; a large wooden pole with blades on each end. If that doesn't work, she's got other weapons...she hasn't had to use them yet.
*LadyofRohan*
Rider of the Mark

Postby LadyLariaien » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:14 am

Welcome Lady of Rohan, and no your bio doesn’t sound cheesey.

I want to thank you all for jumping in this and being so supportive, the first RP I tried to start flopped so this was kinda a step for me to try another.
LadyLariaien
Shield Bearer

Postby *LadyofRohan* » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:44 am

...LadyL, that's what everybody calls ya? cool! I have tons of nicknames: Lady, LadyR, LoR, Daisy...take your pick! :D I'm gonna check and see where you guys are and post then! (don don daaaaa) I'm off! *runs to the other thread and gets a marker* :roll:

*puts cap back on the marker as she walks through the door* okay! I posted! :D I feel good about it too! This is gonna be a good RP. I can feel it.
*LadyofRohan*
Rider of the Mark

G'day

Postby *LadyofMirkwood* » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:41 am

Hello LadyL and fellow RPers...I am mates with Daisy (Lady of Rohan) and she has given me a heads up on your RP and I am interested in joining... I am still thinking up my bio, but I'll post it as soon as I'm happy with it. You can just call me Mirky (everyone here does :) ) Where are we starting off at? What part of Middle-Earth? (did you already say that and i missed it? :oops: sorry if I did) :lol:

Daisy: Hehe nice bio mate! oh yeah..pssst its bow staff. I usually just call it a bow...but i wouldn't recommend that here, we might confuse some people :) See you later!

Namarie
Mirky
*LadyofMirkwood*
Shield Bearer

Postby Arwen902 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:18 pm

Hiya everyone. :)
Ok, LadyL, I'm working on a post for this thread now but I have a couple of questions about Alye and her family to make sure that I don't make any major mistakes in any later posts or in a bio if I write one. :) So do you have MSN messenger or an email address that I could use to get in touch with you to clear a few things up? :)

I love all these bios so far and great posts guys! :D

~Arwen~
Arwen902
Ranger of the North

Postby LadyLariaien » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:19 pm

Yes, my e-mail addy is princessofthehobbits@hotmail.com if any of you want to e-mail me go head. Welcome to Lady of Mirkwood; I hope you decide to join.

~LadyL~
LadyLariaien
Shield Bearer

Postby Rystiqa » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:17 pm

^^ Thanks Lady Lariaien! I kinda made it up on the spot so it probably sounds overdone...

I've decided to join this RP! I can't wait to start posting!

~Rysty
Rystiqa
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Errand » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:13 am

Hmm, wait a minute now, what is the time of day? I'm going to assume night since orcs don't work too well in the day. Hehehe, on a bynote, I sure am gonna have fun with this character!
Errand
Shield Bearer

Postby *LadyofRohan* » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:49 am

Errand, Bowman is so...dark and hidden...I like it though! All my characters are kick-butt and messanger/scouts. Maybe I should get a little creative with Kale... :twisted: nah. I think he's good.

Anyway

Bowman is an awesome character. but, what's with the black bow...but no arrows? Are we gonna find out anytime soon?
*LadyofRohan*
Rider of the Mark

Postby asaris » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:02 pm

Looks interesting! Mind if I join? I was thinking I might come across the tracks of the orcs alone, but that depends on what you think. Here's a brief bio:

Name: Curufë
Race: Noldor, of the house of Fëanor. Son of Mahtan.
Appearance: Tall, with black hair and gray eyes. Clothing varies on the occasion, though he is rarely dressed formally.
Bio: Well, I think I'll give a detailed history of Curufë. Sorry about the length.

Curufë was born to the smith Mahtan during the time of the Two Trees, and joined the fellowship of Oromë. His father crafted him a hunting spear which was blessed by Oromë and which he wields up to this very day. Being the brother-in-law of Fëanor, he also became close friends with Celegorm. He exhibits many of the typical Fëanorian traits like pride and stubborness, but these are tempered by the native wisdom of his own family. He has never desired a realm for himself, though. He has always served others, and is very loyal.

After the destruction of the Two Trees, Curufë followed Fëanor to Beleriand, participating in the kinslaying. He was one of the band of men that followed Fëanor up to the gates of Angband during that first battle, and the only one of that band who survived. Following the founding of the various Noldor kingdoms, Curufë went with Celegorm and Curufin, serving as the captain of their guard (a post he would fill again in Eregion.) After the Dagor Bragollach, he went with Celegorm to Nargothrond, but stayed there when Celegorm was kicked out, whereupon he took up the leadership of the Fëanorhim there.

Curufë lived in Nargothrond until its fall, supporting Turin's change in tactics, though feeling somewhat ambivalent about them. At the time of the fall, he was out of the citadel, and so was unable to take part in the defense of Nargothrond. He feels somewhat responsible for its fall, since he was one of the greatest warriors living there at the time. After the fall of Nargothrond, he joined up with Maedhros. He joined in the second kinslaying, but stood aside for the third.

After the War of Wrath, Curufë would not return to Valinor, for the guilt of his crimes lay heavy on his shoulders. Instead he went to Eregion, where he was the captain of the guard. He supported Annatar when he came to Eregion, and his guilt increased when it became known that he was Sauron. After the fall of Hollin he went to Imladris with Elrond. He fought valiantly in the Last Alliance, and lived in Imladris until the end of the Third Age (excepting, of course, a few trips he took). At the end of the Third Age he traveled to Lorien with his friend Elbren, where he aided in the defense of Galadriel against the forces of Dol Guldur, and wove the cloaks worn by the Fellowship. After the war, at the urging of Galadriel, Curufë sailed west.

If you have any questions, just ask -- I would welcome the opportunity to flesh this history out some more.

Weaponry: Is one of the best spearmen in Middle-Earth and carries the weapon Seregon, brother to the spear Aeglos. Excellent with the bow, competent with sword and dagger.
Other skills: Probably the best tracker in Middle-Earth. Can speak with birds.

edit: provided longer bio
asaris
Ranger of the North

sure

Postby LadyLariaien » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:04 pm

Welcome, you can come across the track alone, or join the group going to Rivendell what ever you wish to do.
LadyLariaien
Shield Bearer

Postby Errand » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:51 pm

Kale took 'em. Hmm, perhaps I have time for a quick post. Or not.
Errand
Shield Bearer

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)