Elena's Bachelorette Party

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Elena's Bachelorette Party

Postby luthienelflover » Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:05 pm

LadyG, it seemed like you wanted one in the Bard’s Guild, so… here it is! Hope I didn’t step on anyone’s toes starting it.

Ladies, welcome to Elena’s bachelorette party! First, I want to lay down a few rules. (You all know them already, so I really shouldn’t have to do this, but just in case… ;)) Remember, TORC is a family friendly site! Keep it PG-13, or preferably PG (remember, we have young people on this board!)… nothing explicit, no underage drinking… you all know the drill. We have set it in the AHUR because LadyG is an MRH and because the lads took over the ‘Pot. We hope that’s all right. ;)

All the men had been kicked out of the Alcarin Hall I Uireb Ringorn for the night. They had been forced, persuaded, paid off, drugged… just gotten rid of by any means necessary. A few of them had been able to beg well enough to convince Luthien and Isilmë to allow them to stay, provided they stayed in the back rooms and gave the two hostesses a sizable sum of money. The Moon Child Ranalin was also present, but Luthien had locked him in the back rooms with all the other males. He may look young, she thought, but as she knew he was a man in a child’s body.

The Hall was beautifully and elegantly decorated for the night. Luthien had seen to the refreshments; they were in an easily noticeable area on the far side of the inner Dome. On one deep mahogany table (of course, protected with a tablecloth) were arrayed a number of different fine wines and several bottles of champagne, along with rows and rows of wine glasses. On the other table, for women with less refined tastes, were a few barrels of beer and ale and several rows of tankards. On the last table was a large platter of fine crackers and an assortment of cheeses, as well as a bowl of non-alcoholic punch for non-drinkers. She cast one last appraising eye over the arrangement and then promised herself she would do no more rearranging.

The front doors had been tightly shut and locked (Luthien knew because she had done it herself) in order to facilitate their preparations. She went over there to open them and stood outside for a moment, breathing the cool clear night air. She thought she heard a noise from off to the side, but when she glanced around, there was nobody there. She shrugged and went back inside, closing the door but leaving it unlocked.

Isilmë stood upon the tips of her toes on a wide, steady chair, hanging streamers from the walls, when the sound of a familiar voice reached her ears.
"No, not that way! If we go around, we have a better chance-"

"Aramir!!" She leapt down from her chair and marched over to the door which Luthien had just unlocked, and behind it found the half-Elven Exile.

He straightened up and she heard scuffling from behind him as the rest of the men scurried away. "Heh. Hello Sil," he said, and offered her a guilty grin.

"OUT!" she shouted, shoving him through the door despite his protests. "Out out out!!"

"Sillll," the two women heard him whine, and then Isilmë shut the door firmly in his face. She turned to find Luthien grinning.

“How many were out there, did you see?” she asked, a mischievous glint in her eyes. “Maybe we should drag them in here and make them serve drinks, or something.”

“That would defeat the whole purpose of drugging them and dragging them to the nearest town!” Isilmë laughed. “And I spent a lot of money paying off those I couldn’t manage to drug.” The two women laughed for a few moments, and then Luthien said, “Do you need any help with the decorations?”

Isilmë glanced at the blue and green streamers. “Maybe you could do the candles while I finish the streamers?”

“Of course,” Luthien said, and began hanging candles all over the walls.

OOC: This bachelorette party brought to you by Luthy and Sil. Enjoy, LadyG ;) And everyone else as well, of course! We have entertainment lined up for later, once more people arrive =:)
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Eltirwen » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:13 pm

Eltirwen watched Luthy bustling around the hall with amusement. The elf clearly wanted to make sure things were perfect for her friend. She giggled as Luthy adjusted the refreshments for the billionth time, then shook her head as the would-be intruders were soundly berated.
"Looks like she could use some help. Maybe you could try out that new thing you discovered with your ring?" Narmir said by her side.
"That's true. She needs to enjoy this party too."
With that, Eltirwen stepped out of her customary corner and lifted her hands.

***BEGIN RING ACTION***
Shadows began to materialize, growing from the corners. They drifted towards Eltirwen, gradually taking on bird-like shapes. When they reached her, the shadows had congealed into a huge crowd of large penguins wearing tuxedos. Eltirwen waved her hand, and they separated into three groups. One group split off, each manning an entrance into the AHUR. Another moved towards the refreshment table, ready to refresh it at a moment's notice. The rest moved towards the rooms in the back where the few remaining men were, to stand guard and make sure no un-invited male guests intruded.
***END RING ACTION***

Eltirwen grinned at her handiwork, then walked over to Luthy.
"You should have fun too. Let my shadow creatures do the hard work - they won't get tired. And they will only let in those who you tell them to, so this should make keeping guys out easier."
Eltirwen moved back towards her corner, eager for the party to start. Narmir smiled at her sister, loving the handiwork.
"Well, all that has to happen now is more people to arrive."
Eltirwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby luthienelflover » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:45 pm

Luthy smiled at Eltirwen as she approached. Luthy had watched with bemusement as Eltirwen created a horde of -- penguins?? -- and sent them off to do the chores, and now she wanted to thank her friend.

"You should have fun too," Eltirwen said before Luthien had a chance to say anything. "Let my shadow creatures do the hard work - they won't get tired. And they will only let in those who you tell them to, so this should make keeping guys out easier."

Luthy laughed. "Well, let them know that the only man who is allowed in at this point is a part-Elf by the name of Aramir. He has dark hair and dark eyes --" She went on to describe Aramir well enough that the shadow creatures would hopefully be able to recognize him. "We kicked him out earlier, but we've made an --" she coughed delicately -- "arrangement." She grinned evilly. "You'll see later," she said to Eltirwen's inquiring expression.

"Sil!" she called when Eltirwen left. "Sil, you don't have to do that anymore -- oh, dear." Sil was rather stranded in her lovely dress at the top of the tree -- where she had been hanging streamers. One of the penguins seemed to have taken her ladder.

Luthy laughed until there were tears in her eyes. "Hang on, Sil, I have an extra ladder," she called up to her friend.
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby GwenElf » Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:29 pm

Luthy wasn’t the only one laughing at Sil’s plight. The Elfess stranded in the tree laughed so hard she nearly fell out, which would have solved the problem, no doubt, but surely caused another.

“Don’t bother!” she called to her friend as Luthy ran for the ladder. She dropped her tools onto the ground below her and prepared to climb down, gathering her skirt in one hand to get it out of her way. The burgundy fabric was an unusual colour for her, but she rather liked it, and the design of the dress, and wasn’t about to let it get ripped. She took a step down to the next branch, sure that everyone below could see right up her dress.

“It’s a good thing we got rid of the men. Especially Aramir.”

“Didn’t you hear?” Luthy said, grinning wickedly. “I agreed to let him back in later to do his sword dance.”

“What?” That was all Isilmë needed. She completely lost her balance and toppled out of the tree with a startled cry, bypassing a branch out of pure luck and landing upon the ground with a startled and somewhat pained “Oof!” “You did what?”

Luthy and Elti ran to her side, concerned looks on both of their faces, but Isilmë was laughing, if not a bit fearfully. “You agreed to let Aramir Nárëgond into a bachelorette party? Are you mad!?”

Luthy laughed loudly, clearly relieved to see that Sil was unhurt—or at least unhurt enough to be shocked at Luthy’s decision. “Only for the dance. Then we’re kicking him out, too. Or making him serve drinks. We haven’t decided, really.”

Isilmë laughed again, climbing to her feet, glad that nothing was broken. “A pack of shadow-penguins take my ladder, and I fall out of a tree…” she trailed off, shaking her head, and then a wide grin spread over her face. “This is going to be a great party!”
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby luthienelflover » Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:54 pm

“You agreed to let Aramir Nárëgond into a bachelorette party? Are you mad!?”

Luthy laughed long and loud at that, both very amused by the look on Sil's face and relieved her friend was unhurt. “Only for the dance. Then we’re kicking him out, too. Or making him serve drinks. We haven’t decided, really.” She grinned.

Isilmë laughed again and climbed to her feet. “A pack of shadow-penguins take my ladder, and I fall out of a tree…” she trailed off, shaking her head, and then a wide grin spread over her face. “This is going to be a great party!”

"I certainly hope so!" Luthy laughed. "We DID put a lot of work into it, after all... Now, I wonder when the guest of honor will be arriving, so we can fetch the entertainment."
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby prettygaladriel » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:40 am

Lady Legyviel Khelekwen, scenting the scent of a certain type of party for a certain close friend, entered the hall of the ringbearers for the first time in her life. Beneath her heavy black cloak she wore clothes fitting for such a party, but preferred to keep everyone in suspense of what they actually were. She glanced around with interest, intense, ice-blue eyes taking in the place. She nodded with approval, and glided over to stand silently behind Luthy.

"Looks like fun...and i'm assuming this invitation was for me," she said softly into her friend's ear. Luthy jumped in surprise, then laughed when she saw that it was Legyviel. The elfess, not amused, waved a paper in Luthy's face. Someone standing nearby would have caught the words "PG-rated"....or perhaps it was "Peeg". Luthy blushed.

"Sorry about that....case of mistaken identity, so to speak. Still, i'm glad you're here now," Her grin faltered when a sudden scream and a crash rent the air.

"err....that would be Sil trying to put up the streamers..." she explained as they both rushed to the direction of the sound. Sil was lying in a heap of coloured paper, a shaky ladder and Aramir. He grinned sheepishly up at then as they approached, and Legyviel scowled in response.

"This is a Bachalorette party, i believe. Orion's having his Bachelor party over at the 'Pot," she said pointedly. Luthy giggled and pulld the elfess away.

"Don't worry......we're only keeping him for the dancing. or to serve drinks. Or maybe even something worse, but don't bet on it," she said in an undertone. Legyviel's eyes lit up and she threw Aramir, who was disentagling himself, a sly look.

"Is that so? Well....this is going to be fun..."

:D =:)
prettygaladriel
Mariner

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:53 am

“What are those two up to now?” Elena wondered, re-reading the little note Luthy had sent her, with Zul, for the umpteenth time.

Mae govannen Elena

We know you are very busy now with the last minutes preparations of your wedding, but Sil and I need your help on an urgent business that cannot wait. Could you please come to the AHUR this evening?

We will speak more for what we need when you arrive.

Luthien

PS. Please be sure to wear/bring along that lovely new dress you made.

Elena sighed and tucked the note away, and began throwing things into a small pack. She didn’t know what kind of help the two Elves wanted, but she would go, and she would do whatever she could to help them. She just hoped Luthy and Sil had not gotten into any sort of trouble, as they were apt to do.

And why in the world did she need her new dress with her? True, it was a very pretty dress, the deep gold of the material setting off the little burgundy coloured flowers embroidered all over the dress wonderfully, and emphasising the tan she had acquired in the past few months from travelling so often on the road.

“Well, no time for wondering,” she thought, swiftly packing up the dress so it didn’t crease and stowing in her pack. It was already well past noon, and she would have to ride Starlight hard if she wished to reach the AHUR by dusk. She grabbed her pack, and walked out of the room. After paying the innkeeper, Elena went to the stables to fetch Starlight. She paid the stable lad, and mounted her black mearas. “No chance for a proper rest yet, I’m afraid, Starlight,” she said, absently patting his mane. “Come on, we better be on our way.”

Starlight made good time. They reached the AHUR as the evening shadows fell across the gardens, and the sky had deepened to a deep, calm blue. A soft, gentle breeze whispered through the trees, and it held the slightest hint of chill – autumn was on its way. Elena dismounted as she neared the Hall, and left Starlight to graze as he pleased as she made her way to the Hall. The doors were open, and bright, warm light spilled from inside.

Throwing back the hood of her cloak, Elena paused a moment to brush the dust off her clothes and just breathe in the fresh scents that permeated the air. Just then, she saw Eltirwen step outside the door, another woman by her side. She raised her hand and waved, and called out to her fellow Ringbearer. “Hail, Eltirwen! Well met! Have you seen Luthy or Sil? I am supposed to meet them here.”

(OOC: Yes, I fianlly managed to show up at my own party :roll:)
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby -|---Anduril » Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:36 am

This was Andy's first night back at AHUR for a long time since she had been on travels for a long time, and had returned in time for Elena and Orion's wedding.

As she stepped down into the hall, she came face to face with a beautifully decorated room and stopped dead in her tracks.

"What's going on here?" she asked Luthy confused, who was handing a ladder over to Sil.

"Where have you been?! Tonight's Elena's bachelorette party! The guests are arriving at any second"

Andy rushed upstairs to find her best dress and wash up before she decsended back into the hall... to find Sil in a heap of paper with Aramir...and a ladder and Luthy together with another person Andy did not recognise.

"Need a hand?" she asked Sil, grinning as Luthy pointed out that Aramir was staying.

"Come on," Andy said, turning to Luthy, "let him stay.. it will be fun! If he misbehaves, it's just him against all of us, isn't it?!"

Andy then turned to the stranger. "Hi, I've never seen you here before. I'm Andy, and I've been away for a very long time."
-|---Anduril
Ringbearer

Postby Eltirwen » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:45 am

(OOC: Short post, couldn't resist posting from work :oops: )

Eltirwen and Narmir had taken a step outside, to take a breath of fresh air and to reveal their party clothes. Eltirwen had just taken her mask off when she heard a familiar voice calling her name.
"Elena!" She beamed, glad to see her friend. Elena looked a little shocked, not having seen her friend without her mask before. Of course, the bright pink shirt was also a big change.
"I decided that I wanted to wear something pretty today. Do you like my shirt?"
"What's the occasion?"
"You'll see." With that enigmatic statement, the normally shy Lossoth propelled her friend inside. The girls already inside squealed at the sight of the guest of honor, and Luthy headed over.
Eltirwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby luthienelflover » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:28 am

The door opened again. Luthien, busy talking to Sil, Legyviel (whom she was thrilled to see inside the AHUR), and Andy, paid it no heed until a couple of the other girls squealed. Then she spun and saw Elena walking into the Hall, a befuddled look on her face.

Elena spotted Luthy and began to walk over to her. Luthy left her small group and went to meet her.

"What's all this about?" Elena asked, gesturing to the streamers, candles, refreshments, shadow penguins and girls after she and Luthy exchanged greetings. "The note said you needed my help..." She glanced at Luthy's dress, deep blue embroidered with gold, and said, "and told me to wear my new dress."

Luthy couldn't help giggling. "Well, you see, the boys took over the Pot and so we thought us girls could have a little get together." She indicated the Hall with a wide sweep of her hand. Realization dawned on Elena's face.

"A... party?" she began, and Luthy laughed again.

"Yes! Elena, welcome to your bachelorette party!"
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby ^Aramir^ » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:49 pm

He didn’t know how he had gotten himself into this. No, that was wrong. He knew very well, in fact. The point was that Luthy had gotten him into it, and he had agreed.

Aramir wasn’t complaining, though. Doing a sword dance in front of a group of women certainly didn’t scare him—granted, it wouldn’t scare any man with sense. Sense and hormones, of course. On the contrary, he was overwhelmingly pleased with himself for finding a way to get into a party filled with women, although he was loyal to Isilmë, and both of them knew it.

Now he was standing behind a door slightly ajar and watching as Elena reacted to her bachelorette party. Even from a distance, Aramir could see that she was surprised and pleased; her smile was a mile wide as she examined the room with eyes radiating joy. He wondered briefly what she would say when Luthy told her about his dance, and a grin spread over his tanned features. Black eyes sparkling in the dim light slipping through the door, he watched and waited.

Finally he could wait no longer and emerged from behind the door, grinning like the cat that ate the canary. He came up behind Sil so she couldn’t see him and slipped his arms around her waist. She leapt a mile.

“I told you to stay back there!” she exclaimed when all of the women laughed. “We’ll come get you when we want you!”

He pasted a hurt look across his face. “You don’t want me now?”

Laughing madly and barely managing to not spill a tray filled with drinks, Luthy thrust the said platter into his hands. “Make yourself useful, then!” She offered him a sly smile and he stuck his tongue out at her.

Isilmë rolled her eyes and turned to Elena. “We tried to get some handsome, charming men to serve drinks, but all we could find was Ar.”
^Aramir^
Shield Bearer

Postby luthienelflover » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:26 pm

"We tried to find some handsome, charming men to serve drinks, but all we could find was Ar."

Luthy had to laugh at that, and at Aramir's attempts to flirt with the women while lugging a tray of empty wineglasses around. Finally she decided it was time for him to start getting ready for the dance.

"Aramir, go in back and get ready," she ordered him, taking the tray away. He looked at her with sad, mournful eyes.

"Don't give me that! Just go!"

"What exactly do I have to do to prepare?" he asked. "It's not like I need to change my clothes or anything..."

"I don't know... comb your hair, or something," she said, grinning because she knew his hair was always messy no matter what he did to it. "Maybe take a bath. We don't want you smelling bad and scaring all the ladies away." She banished him with an imperious wave of her hand. She doubted he was going to do anything she had told him; likely he'd wait until she wasn't watching and then sneak back into the main room. She sighed and rolled her eyes.
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:41 pm

To say Elena was surprised by the party Luthy and Sil had organised was an understatement. She gazed around the Hall with wide eyes, dazed and speechless.

She turned to Luthy. "A... party?" she began, and Luthy laughed again. "Yes! Elena, welcome to your bachelorette party!"

Elena stared at her friend a moment, and then a smile slowly filled her face. She hugged Luthy tightly, and whispered, "Thank you!"

She turned to the others gathered there - Andy, Elti, Legy, Sil and Narmir - and continued, "Really, thank you so much! I was not expecting this!"

Tears unexpectedly filled her eyes, though she laughed. Her heart was filled with happiness at her friends' thoughtfulness. "Such a wonderful surprise!" she murmured, her eyes radiating the joy she felt as she took in the preparations that had been undertaken.

As she moved towards the table filled with refreshments, Aramir appeared from one of the back doors, and slipped in behind Sil and wrapped his arms around her waist.

“I told you to stay back there!” she exclaimed when all of the women laughed. “We’ll come get you when we want you!” He pasted a hurt look across his face. “You don’t want me now?”

Laughing madly and barely managing to not spill a tray filled with drinks, Luthy thrust the said platter into his hands. “Make yourself useful, then!” She offered him a sly smile and he stuck his tongue out at her.

Isilmë rolled her eyes and turned to Elena. “We tried to get some handsome, charming men to serve drinks, but all we could find was Ar.”

Elena grinned, noticing the mock-crestfallen look on Ar's face at Sil's statement. She blew him a friendly kiss, and winked at Sil. "Oh, I think he's handsome and charming enough."

"If you think that, just wait until..." began Luthy. "Shhh!!!" said Sil and Aramir at the same time. "What?" asked Elena, looking at the others. Her eyes narrowly suspiciously. "What are you guys planning?"

Everyone's faces were a picture of innocence. Elena glanced from one face to the other, and they all looked away, or looked back at her blandly.

Elena rolled her eyes. "I don't know if I want to know. I've heard what happens at parties like this..." Sil hurriedly sought to calm Elena's fears, but she laughed them away.

"Don't worry, Sil. I was only joking," she said, smiling. "I am actually looking forward to whatever 'entertainment' you've got planned." She looked down at her travel outfit. "But first, I think I'm going to go get changed."

She came back ten minutes later, wearing her new dress, and tying up her hair as she walked. Noticing that Aramir had left, she stopped next to Luthy and asked, "What happened to our waiter?"

(OOC: Luthy, I'm just going to have to pretend you spoke to Aramir while I was gone.)
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby luthienelflover » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:24 pm

((OOC: LadyG, I didn't see your post before I posted... oops. That'll work fine. :D))

"What happened to our waiter?" Elena asked Luthy when she returned from changing. Luthy rolled her eyes.

"I told him to go in back and get ready for his sword dance. I have a feeling, though, that he'll turn up again any minute..." She glanced around. Sure enough, she caught sight of the black-haired part-Elf in the back of the Hall, flirting with one of the ladies. She rolled her eyes and pointed him out to Elena. "He never does what he's told."

Elena laughed long and loud at that. "What did you expect? He's a man," she said with a playful glint in her eyes.

Luthy giggled. "Perhaps I should put him back to work... no, I think I'll just pretend I don't notice him, and hope he has the good sense to disappear when I come near," she said. She cast her eyes over the gathering. "You're the guest of honor, Elena, I shouldn't take up all your time. Go mingle with the others!"

With a smile, she left the bride-to-be and went looking for Sil.
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby laureanna » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:53 pm

Laureanna was still playing with the flame-colored puppy in the other room when she heard a commotion. It was Elena's party. A quick look at the buffet revealed several vital ommissions, so she popped into another room and returned lugging a huge urn of hot chocolate, then dashed back for several trays of chocolate truffles (no mushrooms!). The other vital ommissions to this party were going to take a ring action to accomplish.

****Ring Action****

Softly stroking the marzipan flower on Theobroma, she smiled inwardly to herself. "If women enjoy chocolate as a substitute for men, why not use this chocolate ring to make men-substitutes?" She waved her hand with a florish. Nothing seemed to happen.

***End Ring Action***

There was a loud knock at the door. A penquin opened the door to reveal 5 smartly dressed but rather wet young men, who looked down at the ground and scuffed the ground shyly.

"'Scuze me, miss", stammered the tallest one, "but the bridge up ahead is washed out, and we can't reach home tonight, and were wondering if we could stay here. We don't have any money, but we can work for our stay. James and Josh here are waiters by trade, and Fred, Faramir and I - Fabio at your service ma'am (little bow) - are masseusers."

Seeing no immediate dissent, they proceeded to take off their wet cloaks, boots, vests, tunics, and anything else that would not violate common decency laws, and lay the wet items by the fireplace.

Laureanna smiled and sat back to see what would transpire.

OOC: Enjoy yourself, I'm going to bed now.
laureanna
Ranger of the North

Postby The_Fool » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:31 am

Zi cast a glance upwards at the brilliantly pale moon above, tugging her heavily fringed shawl a little tighter about her shoulders. Her horse snorted, shaking her shaggy head in an idyll manner. A comfortable silence had fallen between her and her companion; a tall, lean man who walked at her side, leading his horse behind him. The hood of his cloak was pushed back from his head, exposing his warm blond hair to the moon's milky light. Zi watched him shyly out of the corner of her eye, the glance hidden by the light brush of her hand to the strands of hair that hung loose about her face.
She still felt a little self-conscious about Façade, her feelings for him only lightly dimmed; though his reappearance had reminded her somewhat. His effort to seek her out some long months after the Bard Festival where she had first met him had brought a smug glow of satisfaction to the Gypsy woman; despite the fact that it had drawn with it renewed insistance that he wished to remain friends, and only friends. Still, Zi mused as she observed him, his profile thoughtful and absorbed with the inward concentration of long travel, it was better than she could have expected. He was honest, and strove to take no advantage of his position, (one she had made inescapably clear to him); and she consoled herself with the fact that he cared for her more than she suspected he knew.
What had his words been again? He had such a beautiful way of phrasing things...
"The night's darkened cloak hides many things, Sister. I would not have you come to grief on the road due to an absence of my own making."
Picking up her skirts to step over a dip in the road Zi wondered if Façade's love for Scribbles had borne any sort of fruit. So far he had refused to discuss anything of the sort.
"Copper for your thoughts, Sister?" Façade's mellow tones disrupted her concentration and she broke into a hasty grin.
"They're worth more than that," she replied teasingly, trying to hide the flush that brushed her cheeks at being caught staring. It was perfectly ridiculous; why couldn't she just think of him as a Gypsy Brother: a man she cared for with purely platonic emotions.
"No doubt they are," Façade smiled lightly at her, the moon's light illuminating the side of his face and catching the mischevious glint in his dark eye, "and their wisdom, once shared, will undoubtedly have the strength to reform the listener."
"Stop it," Zi said, feigning at anger, her infectious smile spreading despite her efforts, "you're teasing. We both know I have no such influence. Nor am I under the false impression that I am wise."
"And you are all the better for it." Façade nodded to a stone in the road, reaching across to guide her around it.
Zi marvelled at his keen eye, and wondered fleetingly how often the Fool travelled the night road.
"Besides," he flashed her another of his characteristic grins, the kind of smile that made her knees go a little weak, "I much prefer ignorant wisdom."
"I didn't know such a thing was possible," Zi murmered, trying to concentrate on the safer aspects of her chaperone's demeanour.
Façade said nothing, merely tapped the side of his nose with one long finger and winked.
"You're impossible," Zi sighed, happily exasperated.
"An impossible chaperone," Façade said the words with relish, enjoying their contradictory nature. He cast a glance at Zi, still grinning that maddening grin. His teeth were very white in the moonlight. "And I chaperone the impossible. There's another rock M'Lady, right next to that Gypsy foot of yours."
Caught in mid-step Zi had no time to slow her momentum, rather she turned a rather startled look at the Fool as she gasped, "what?"
The pain of her newly stubbed toe made her yelp, and she cast a hidden glance at Façade to ensure he wasn't laughing. The Fool seemed to be doing nothing of the sort, his expression the perfect blend of sympathy and concern, yet she caught a light in his eyes that betrayed his amusement.
"A fine example you make, laughing at your lady's misfortune," she tutted. "How in Middle-Earth do you see so well in this blasted dark? You'd think there was Elven blood in those veins of yours."
"Perhaps if M'Lady watched where she placed her pretty feet with more diligence, instead of scolding her attentive minder she might reach the bachelorette party with the chance for dancing." The teasing lilt in Façade's voice caught at Zi's heart, and the tilt of his chin as he finished his sentence threw her back to those months before; when he had given her the same look as he'd sped her across the dancefloor till her breath had left her. As much for the closeness of his body as the dance's speed. She shoved the memory roughly aside.
"No chance of that it seems," she replied after a slight pause. "The AHUR."
She pointed up ahead where the hall was visible, lit by the moon and the paper lanterns hung about.

The soft glow of the green lanterns outside the AHUR cast a slick gleam on the set of rounded coblestones that formed a slight doormat to the closed hall doors. Zi stopped in front of the doors and paused, uncertain where to put her little mare. It was all very well for Elven kind, or those who had owned their horses for almost their entire lifespan; but she had only just acquired her mare, and she had her doubts as to her reliability.
A feathery brush to her fingers caused her to start, the sudden movement startling Façade's gelding, Lymeric. The black horse leapt in his skin, his large eyes rolling back as he jerked his head up and swung his hindquarters around. Façade growled under his breath, then began to sooth the horse in calm but firm tones as he tried to back up, his shod hooves kicking up grass. Lymeric relented finally, bowing his head to receive unrestrained praise for doing so from his master's light fingers.
Ensured of the gelding's good behaviour, Zi cast her glance downwards, searching for the cause of her fright. A slight elemental, one of the smaller Earthbound pixies grinned up at her, baring its pointed teeth. It opened its hand palm upwards, gesturing for her horse's reigns. Smiling in understanding Zi handed them over, feeling the stone-cool press of the elemental's fingers as they brushed against her own.
"Thank you," she said with a smile. The pixie grinned again, then made to take Façade's horse.
"No no," the Fool shook his head abruptly, "I'm not to come in. I have to go."
"Oh you might as well say hello," Zi smiled, reaching across to take Façade's hand in her's, forcing him to give up Lymeric's reigns to the pixie. "Besides, I want to introduce my charming chaperone to the room before you scamper off." She suppressed the wave of delight that ran through her as her skin touched his, and led him forward towards the AHUR's large doors.
"But, oh Sister mine, I was under the strict impression a male was not a desired guest at a bachelorette party," Façade protested as Zi dragged him after her, pushing the doors open with one brown hand, "besides, I have to get to the.....Pot."
Façade's last word was somewhat delayed at the sight of a tray-carrying penguin, which stopped mid-run to give him an equally stunned stare. At the sight of the the shocked two, bird and Fool; Zi burst out laughing.
The_Fool
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:32 am

"Oh, I'm late again," moaned Silwen as she made her way to the party. She did not know the location and had needed a while to find her way. But she met a person on the road who was kind enough to give her directions.

She saw the place and headed straight for the door. But suddenly a shadow seeme to pass and get between her and the open door through which she could see some of the guests passing by. She tried to get through, but something held her. The harder she tried, the more impenetrable the shadow became.

"Hey!" she called as she was pushed away more fiercely. "I've been invited!"
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby luthienelflover » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:03 pm

There was a knock on the door.

Luthy had not had time to find Sil, who seemed to have disappeared, and was standing next to the big Tree looking around, when the knock came.

The door was quickly opened by a penguin, and there stood five dripping wet young men.

"Scuze me miss," one of them said to her. ""but the bridge up ahead is washed out, and we can't reach home tonight, and were wondering if we could stay here. We don't have any money, but we can work for our stay. James and Josh here are waiters by trade, and Fred, Faramir and I - Fabio at your service ma'am (little bow) - are masseusers."

Luthien stood speechless as the five handsome young men trooped into the bachelorette party and proceeded to remove half their clothing.

She finally regained speech when they stood in a small clump looking mournfully around. "Go in back and look for a dark-haired man named Aramir," she instructed the ones who had been introduced as James and Josh, "and make him help you serve drinks. I see we have some hot chocolate now as well as our cold drinks." She shooed them toward the back.

"Now you three..." she said to Fred, Faramir and Fabio, "I'll see if I can have some tables brought into the main room. We can put them over there to the side..." she mused for a moment, then grinned. "On second thought, you three can do the moving. Go into the back rooms where Josh and James went and see if you can fetch some tables."

The door burst open, revealing Zi and Facade.

Facade and the penguin who had been standing at the door stared at one another in shock. Zi burst out laughing. Luthy, too, had to laugh on the looks on their faces.

She strode over to the door to welcome the one -- two?? -- new guests.
luthienelflover
Herald of Manwe

Postby Ilyda » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:07 pm

A blonde elf opened the door to find a great deal of chaos in the hall. She had never been to this place before and had a little difficulty finding it. However, the elf had been lucky enough to get to the AHUR, was it, without running into much trouble. Finally, she had arrived and was completely overwhelmed.

Quelle had lived most of her life in Imladris and Lothlorien, but she had seen nothing to rival them since. This hall was spectacular. There were decorations of nearly every color that bewildered the mind and the eye. A dome lifted up toward the sky, and it too was beautiful, though it seemed to be awe-inspiring without assistance. On the far side of the hall, many long tables were arranged with enough food and drink covering them to feed a small city.

Quelle walked into the hall, still staring. Looking to one side, she saw a penguin, of all things, guarding the door. Three men were struggling with tables, directed by a lady – no, an elf. The remaining ladies were talking among themselves. The party appeared to be starting, rather than ending, as Quelle had feared.

She took a last look around the hall before going to join the rest of the ladies. However, the elf who had been directing the three men saw her at that moment. She seemed curious about this strange newcomer and headed over to introduce herself. She called herself “Luthy.” The name struck a chord in Quelle’s mind, and she began turning it over, contemplating where she may have heard a similar name. Meanwhile, she replied to Luthy’s introduction by returning the favor.

“My name is Lhunquelle Almáriel, but I have not been called that in many years. Everyone has always called me Quelle.”

(OOC: I've put them both in action now! Head over to the Pot, and you'll see what I mean! :wink: )
Ilyda
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:56 pm

Elena had been laughing over something with Narmir (whom Elti introduced as her sister), Elti, Laureanna and Legy, when she saw the five handsome young men troop into the Hall. Her mouth fell open in amazement as they proceeded to virtually take off everything they had on. “Oh, my,” she said, suddenly breathless. “Luthy certainly was not joking when she said had planned ientertainment.”

Laureanna noticed her staring, and nudged Elti, who nudged Narmir, and a grin appeared on her pale face. Narmir and Legy giggled loudly, causing Elena to snap out of her blatant “admiration” of the five men. “Just looking,” she murmured, blushing brightly. Elti rolled her eyes. “Surrrreee,” chorused Legy and Narmir. Elena saw Laureanna was about to add something more, and looked around desperately for something else to focus her attention on.

“Oh, look!” she exclaimed, hurriedly changing the subject to safer matters. “There’s Silwen! And that blasted Penguin is not letting her in. I better go and intervene.” Casting one last look at the five men disappearing through the doors of the back rooms (they were exceedingly gorgeous), Elena walked quickly towards Silwen.

She was just time to hear Silwen yell angrily, “Hey! I’ve been invited!” Elena rushed forward, smiling placatingly. “Indeed you have! Silwen, mellonamin!” She pushed past the penguin and embraced her friend warmly. “Hail, and well met! I am so glad you could make it! Come in, and join the party.” Silwen stuck her tongue out at the penguin, who looked rather sheepish, and walked inside with Elena.

Zi and Façade arrived moments after Silwen, and Elena waved to them as she passed by and smiled in greeting. Zi returned her wave, but was too busy laughing at Façade’s dumbstruck look as he and a penguin stared at each other. A thought struck her, and she excused herself, and backtracked to where Zi and Façade stood. As Silwen went to join Elti, Narmir, Laureanna, and Legy (Sil was nowhere to be found), and Luthy welcomed yet another guest, Elena came to a halt by the two Gypsies.

“Welcome to the party,” she laughed as Façade finally recovered enough to greet her. “I see you’ve already met our waiters for the evening.” They spoke a little longer, and Elena, when she heard that Façade did not intend to stay, used all the charm she possessed to convince him otherwise. Zi, and Sil (who had suddenly re-appeared, looking a little rumpled =:)) joined her in her endeavours, and even the Fool could not resist the prettily-phrased pleas of three women.

Having achieved her aim, Elena left the three to chat and walked to where Luthy stood speaking with a golden-haired Elf.

(OOC: Well, didn't want to be accused of spamming... again... :roll: so answering laureanna's question here.. I haven't a clue how the penguin managed to look sheepish (or display any other emotions for that matter)... maybe it hung its head in shame or something :D)
Last edited by Lady_Galadriel786 on Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby laureanna » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:10 pm

Rolling her eyes at the bevy of giggly girls around Façade, Laureanna popped a chocolate nut in her mouth and headed for the back room, intent on a foot rub, if nothing else. :wink:

OOC: How does a penguin look sheepish LOL?!
laureanna
Ranger of the North

Postby Eltirwen » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:58 pm

Eltirwen was confused. Why was Elena so fascinated by the sight of those strange men taking their clothes off? The girls all seemed to get quite silly around the boys. She didn't know why guys caused girls to act so strange. They all seemed to get very giggly. Even Narmir seemed to know what was going on. Oh well, maybe she would understand it some day.

(OOC: These are special penguins. If they can be waiters and door-guards, and look shocked, surely they can look sheepish :D )
Eltirwen
Rider of the Mark

Postby Arwen_Sol » Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:24 am

[OOC: I'm back!!! Missed every single one of you!!! Lots of huggles and kisses~ttyl! :)]

Night had come, and while the verdant land lay in silver-edged shadows, within the Alcarin Hall I Uireb Ringorn laughter and light resounded toward the airy rafters of the great hall. A party was in progress, and not just any party, but one to honour a dear friend and celebrate her last night of freedom from, as they say, the old “ball-and-chain.” Almost unseen, a diminutive figure slipped down the staircase, her pale hair drifting behind her like wisps of air and approached the main chamber.

Though she had been a resident of the AHUR for nigh onto a month--- maybe longer, it was hard to tell the passing of time for one who had never heeded it--- she had kept mostly to herself. Preferring to hide out in her room up in the highest turret of the AHUR that could only be reached by stairs that wound around the outer walls of the tower. On the few occasions the other ringbearers had caught glimpses of her they had asked about Arwen Sol, but the only reply she could give them was that the Sindarin woman had quests of her own that she had to complete. The deliberately vague answer had baffled most of them and had earned the moonchild a reputation for being shy and anxious of her new surroundings.

But to those who got to know her, she was hardly reticent and unerringly the Ránayeldë sought out the dark-haired elf for whom she had just been given a message.

Having achieved her aim, Elena left the three to chat and walked to where Luthy stood speaking with a golden-haired Elf… and was stopped by a small hand being laid across her wrist. Startled Elena looked down into startlingly silver-blue eyes. “Mae Govannen, Él. You gave me a start,” the elfess gasped holding a hand up to her heart, “I didn’t see you come in.” When the Moon daughter remained quiet save for her eloquent gaze, Elena’s gaze softened and she escorted the girl gently, hand in hand, toward the base of the staircase. “Shouldn’t you be in bed, little lady?” She asked, looking down at the petite, pale toes peeping out from beneath Él’s long nightgown.

Él motioned for Elena to come nearer and she cupped her small hands next to the elf’s ear, “She will be returning tonight. She says to tell you all that she is well and has missed all of you greatly and will be happy to see everyone as soon as possible.” With that short message delivered the child smiled contentedly and started back up to her room, her light steps barely touching the cold stone steps.
Arwen_Sol
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:08 am

THIS IS NOT A SPAM POST!

[OOC: Arwen_Sol!! *huggles* welcome back, dear friend! You have been sorely missed these past two months. Tis wonderful to have you back among us again!

Looking forward to catching up with all your news!

LadyG]
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Postby Frelga » Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:41 am

The doors swung open once again, and the penguins backed away from the peculiar figure standing there. It was human, and young, but it was difficult to tell whether the lean, athletic shape was male or female. Three dark braids stuck out from its (her?) head and were braided with pink, white and silver ribbons. Her (yes, it is a "her") face was covered in silver paint; white and pink swans were drawn around the eyes, their necks extending to the forehead so that when she frowned their beaks touched in a kiss; there was a spray of pink hearts on her cheeks and chin. The rest of the costume - loose breeches and a shirt with billowing sleeves - was also a swirling mix of white, pink and silver.

As the penguins backed away, and more crowded to the door, the figure followed them in. A penguin is not a hard animal to imitate, but this jester had the most authentic penguin waddle. Looking around the room, she zeroed in on the two pretty Elf-ladies. Not wasting her breath on penguins, she took one quick step, and launched herself into the air. The penguin flock followed her tumbling progress, looking up, up, up, and at last flopping gently onto their backs. Those nearest the door, who were imploring the blond-haired gypsy to stay, found themselves knee-deep in indignant black-and-white mass. The gymnast stuck the landing with a flourish of arms and called out to the most business-like elf (who turned out to be Luthy).

"I am Geli. Someone sent for entertainment?"
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby ^Aramir^ » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:56 am

(OOC: Do we need to start an OOC? Or are we spamming in the Rings Guild instead? And Lady_G, what are you implying with my dear Sil looking. . . how did you put it? Rumpled? =:))

Aramir was just as surprised as the rest of the congregation when the five young men arrived, although he was considerably less affected when they removed their wet clothing. Rolling his dark eyes, he was turning away—to ‘preapare’, as Luthy had said (HA!)—when he was accosted by two of the half-clothed men who introduced themselves as James and Josh.

“She told us to tell you to help us serve drinks,” Josh—or was he James?—said, pointing behind him. Aramir didn’t have to look to know that Luthy had sent these two his way. He made a mental note to thank her lately, rolled his eyes again, and led James and Josh to the back to find the drinks.

They rummaged through the kitchen looking for hot chocolate. “Hot chocolate!” Aramir grumbled under his breath. “There’s enough heat out there to melt the One all over again.” As James and Josh prepared the warm drinks, Aramir excused himself, fully intending to not come back, and went in search of Luthy.

Instead he found Sil, who was bustling about making sure all of the decorations were in place, or doing some such organizationally-oriented thing. As she breezed past him he caught her arm and swung her into his own, kissing her before she could even react. “You ought to enjoy the party,” he suggested when he had pulled away.

She blushed and gave him a gentle shove. “Enjoy the party, hm?” she said, winking. “Have you seen how the rest of the women are enjoying the party?”

She tossed her head, motioning left, and Aramir turned to see Elena and the rest watching the young men with great interest. The handsome half-Elf smirked. “Why do you think Luthy invited me?” he queried. “Certainly not to entertain them.”

Isilmë laughed and pushed him away when he tried to kiss her again. “Go do something useful,” she ordered.

He kissed her again and then dashed away to safety, laughing triumphantly. James and Josh were serving drinks and didn’t see him slip into a back room, where he pulled off his tunic and tossed it carelessly across a wooden chair. Taking Luthy’s advice to heart, he ran his hands through his hair a dozen times and grinned at the thought of what she would say about his brushing technique. His weapons were stored in another room somewhere, ready for use when he needed them. Shrugging to himself, he reentered the main hall. Might as well get stared at for a while, he thought, although the women were still preoccupied with the other young males.

“I am Geli. Someone sent for entertainment?”

Aramir’s head swung around and he saw a wildly dressed young woman standing before Luthy, who looked perplexed, to say the least. Her clothing, hair, and face were all a mixture of pinks, whites, and silvers, complete with painted swans and. . . Aramir stared, unable to avert his gaze for a moment. Finally he regained control over his senses and crossed the floor to Luthy’s side, feigning indignance.

“Called for entertainment?” He folded his arms over his bare chest and frowned. “I thought I was the entertainment, Luthy,” he whined in a loud, immature tone of voice that, according to Sil, he did too well.

The pink-white-silver woman called Geli glanced at him and he grinned, wondering what would come of this.
^Aramir^
Shield Bearer

Postby Frelga » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:26 am

“Called for entertainment? I thought I was the entertainment, Luthy.”

"That you are, laddie, that you are!" The swan-encircled eyes focused on the half-dressed half-elf. "Why, the moment I laid my eyes on you, I…" bwa-ha-ha… Geli howled with laughter. "I…" She clutched her sides, laughing ever louder while the male began to look as indignant as the toppled-over penguins. "I knew I'd be entertained into hiccups!" she finally finished weakly, and then, pretending to take an accidental look at Aramir and exploding into more mirth, she collapsed onto the pair of convenient penguins who were still struggling to get up.

Aramir bravely advanced into the tumble of flippers and dancing slippers and fished out the jester. "What do you find so amusing?" he scowled at her.

Geli frowned back, causing the swans to kiss. "That would take a looong time to explain. What happened to your shirt, laddie?"

Not waiting for reply, she began to circle him, singing in a clear, loud voice:

Where is me shirt, my noggin', noggin' shirt?
It's all gone for beer and tobacco
For the collar is all worn, and the sleeves they are all torn
And the tail is looking out for better weather

I'm sick in the head and I haven't been to bed
Since first I came ashore with me slumber
For I spent all me dough on the lassies movin' slow
Far across the seas and oceans I must wander

OOC: The song is a traditional sailor's song and none of my doing.
OOC2: I was spamming in the Bard's Guild, since I am not in the Rings Guild.
Last edited by Frelga on Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby -|---Anduril » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:49 am

Andy was rather quiet throught the party, not that she wasn't enjoying herself, because she was. The party turned out pretty well. But because this was her first night back from long travels.

She watched with interest as the guys removed her wet clothing, laughing and cheering with the other girls. Aramir, however did not look as happy as the women to see them...

(ooc: sorry for the really short post, but I'm having a writing block :roll: again)
-|---Anduril
Ringbearer

Postby GwenElf » Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:53 pm

Isilmë could see that Aramir was bordering on annoyance, trying to decide whether he should be offended or simply humour the jester Geli, and so she felt rather guilty when she was the first to burst into full-fledged laughter at his plight. Elena followed suit, and then the rest of the women, who had gathered around to watch the spectacle.

Aramir folded his arms over his chest, and Sil could tell what he was thinking, which was something along the lines of ‘why did I listen to Luthy and Sil when they told me to get ready??’ She laughed even more loudly just thinking about it.

“I’ve definitely just become the entertainment,” Aramir grumbled, trying to grin. Isilmë knew he had a sense of humour and hoped he was simply hiding it.

On a whim she darted forward and tossed her arms around the half-Elf. “Why are you mocking him?” she asked Geli with a sly smile. “The rest of the males are shirtless, also. It’s made the party interesting, to say the least.”

“Aye, lass, I can see that it has!” the jester exclaimed, still snickering over whatever aspect of Aramir she found amusing. Again she raised her eyes to the half-Elf, and again she burst out with loud laughter.

“Why don’t you do the sword dance?” Luthy suggested, stepping forward to interject before the situation got too out of hand. It seemed likely to happen. The woman grinned. “Then you can put your shirt back on.”

Aramir grinned charmingly at the women gathered about and shot Geli a look. “Only if they want me to.”

Isilmë rolled her eyes as Aramir went to retrieve his weapons. She still couldn’t believe Luthy had agreed to let him come to the party at all... The Elf turned to Luthy, who was grinning.

“Are you sure it was a good idea?” she asked pleadingly.

Luthy laughed and turned her eyes to Aramir, who had reemerged with a myriad of weapons, and Josh, who was carrying the rest of them and looking slightly frightened by the half-Elf’s collection. “We’ll see.”
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Lady_Galadriel786 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:19 pm

Elena smiled happily as El went back up to her rom. Arwen was back! oh, she had really missed her friend, and it was wonderful to hear that she would be joining them soon.

As she resumed walking towards Luthy and the blonde Elf, the doors swung open once again, and a most intriguing looking creature entered the Hall. Even as Elena watched in open-mouthed amazement, the girl launched herself into the air, followed by the penguins. Elena managed to get out of the way just in the nick of time.

The gymnast stuck the landing with a flourish of arms and called out to Luthy. "I am Geli. Someone sent for entertainment?" Aramir took offence to that, since HE was supopsed to be the entertainment. He told Geli as much, and Geli, instead of being embarassed, busrt into a bawdy song.

Elena couldn't help it. She tried to muffle her laughter, but when Sil burst out laughing, so did she, and one by one everyone else joined in. Judging by the look on Aramir's face, he was regretting volunteering for the entertainment.

Sil noticed his look, and rushed to his side. Elena tried in vain to stop laughing, but everytime she looked at Aramir, she thought of the song, and she'd go into a fit of giggles once again. Luthy tried to save the situation by telling Ar to get his swords.

Geli subsided, barely, as Ar went to fetch them. Sil turned to Luthy, who was grinning. “Are you sure it was a good idea?” she asked pleadingly. Luthy laughed and turned her eyes to Aramir, who had reemerged with a myriad of weapons, and Josh, who was carrying the rest of them and looking slightly frightened by the half-Elf’s collection. “We’ll see.”

"Oh, don't worry, Sil," said Elena, joining them and eyeing all the shirtless men appreciatively. "He'll be great. .. I wonder what his hair would feel like..." She continued, staring at Josh. He caught her staring avidly at him, and winked at her, grinning. Elena blushed and turned to the blonde Elf hasitily.

"I'm Elena," she said, smiling. "Welcome. I don't think we've met before. Where are you from?"
Lady_Galadriel786
Ranger of the North

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)