OOC A Soldier's Tale

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

OOC A Soldier's Tale

Postby samsmyhero » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:00 pm

Hello to all!

I'm starting a new RP thread and invite anyone interested to join. The story will be a recounting of the war of the ring as fought in Gondor from the point of view of the common soldiers. I'm not trying to be pretentious and think we could write a tale as engaging as the original. But perhaps it would be challenging (and fun) to fill in the details (or at least some of them) of happenings as seen through the "guy in the trenches" eyes. The writing might seem a little monumental at first glance. But we could get started and then go as far as we wish. The format would also allow for writers to "drop out", as it were, fairly easily, as there will be plenty of oportunities for characters to get killed. :P I've noticed that can be somewhat of a problem in RPing - people get bored or too busy to keep up with a story and they just quit posting. This way, practically one post would do it for ending your character's role in the story.

The action will begin on Cair Andros just as Faramir is arriving, returning from his mission in Ithilien. My character is a soldier of Gondor assigned to the outpost there, but he will be sent south to Osgiliath when Faramir reassigns men to reinforce the defenders there. But the opportunity for characters won't be restricted to either place. The action going on elsewhere can be portrayed by Gondorians, or the many outlying peoples who came to Minas Tirith to aid in the defense ( old Forlong the fat, of Lossarnach brought 200 men, Dervorin, son of the lord of Ringlo Vale brought 300 men, Duinhir and his sons, Duilin and Derufin, from the great Blackroot Vale from the uplands of Morthond brought 500 bowmen, Golasgil, lord of Anfalas, the Langstrand brought scantily equipped herdsmen and hunters, the hillmen of Lamedon came without a captain, fishermen of Ethir, Hirluin the Fair of the Green Hills from Pinnath Gelinbrought brought 300 men and of course Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth, brought 700 knights and men). Even Rohirrim who rode to Gondor's aid would be welcome. My character will eventually make it to Minas Tirith and we can draw all the characters together there.

As there were no elves, dwarves or hobbits involved in fighting in Gondor (except of course for the members of the fellowship), I would ask that there be no such characters in this tale. If you want to play one of the fellowship, that's fine, as long as you enter the storyline as set out in the book. Rangers would be fine as far as the small company that accompanied Aragorn and eventually made it to Minas Tirith after dealing with the Corsairs. So you'd have to be going with that storyline to begin with.

It seems there is sometimes contention over whether true-to-Tolkien RPs should allow female characters beyond the scope of how they entered into the books. My thoughts on this are as follows: Arwen is a complete wash as far as RPing goes, but look at Eowyn. She was a trained warrior. Maybe Theoden didn't want her to fight in the actual battle, but she obviously had the skills and courage needed. So there were bound to be other females in ME who had similar training. And let's just assume that some of them actually took part in the war. So, as far as I'm concerned, female warriors are fine, either in disguise as men or not. And there could certainly been other women involved as healers, or whatever. I hope this is acceptable to the mods. I'm sure they'll tell us if it's not.

So, if you're interested in an RP along these lines, please just indicate that here and once we have several people we can get started. All ideas for the story are welcome, so please share them. Please give a short bio or history for your character and where you'd like him/her to be when the RP starts. Please don't go on and on about weapons, hair color or clothing. I feel like just listing things of that sort don't add anything to a story. A good writer finds a way to work those details into the story in a creative way.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
Last edited by samsmyhero on Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
samsmyhero
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Errand » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:25 pm

Name: Kaelin or Kaelin the Fair, or Kaelin the Blood as he is soemtimes known by his enemuies.

Race: elf

Weapons: Three special MITHRAL SOWRDS made by Durin and that elf who made weapons. But possessed by Morgoth's spirit so it's evil but it gives lots of powers. He also has shuriken and a bow and arrow like legolo. He painted them all black. They are poisonous too.

Appearance: He is kind of like Legols but more handsome and rugged and not so girly. Blue eyes and blonde hair. He wears these neat black pants with runes on them and his shirt is also black but is plain. He also wears a black cloak made out of Galadriel's hair (he dyed it) Sometimes he is invisible when he wears it. He is really tall, like 7 foot. His blonde hair is more like a golden pale blonde too. Like the sun.

Story: Kaelin was going to be on the fellowship but everyone said they would miss him and didn't want him to go. so he went to Gondor instead to lkill enemies. He learned fighting from Gil-Galad, smithing from Durin, and a little bit of wizardry from Gandalf. He learned to fly later on.

PFFFFFT HAWHAWHAHWBLARGH!@ Excuse the indulgence

Anyways, sounds fine. My characters will be a band of mercenaries. They'll be entering Gondor. I got the writing itch. Tell me when it's ok to post.
Errand
Shield Bearer

Postby samsmyhero » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:20 pm

Hello Errand!

You had me scared there for a minute :roll:
But a band of mercenaries sounds interesting - just how many do you think you'll be (you aren't suffering from MPD by any chance are you?)
Anyway, I think I'll try to put up a first post for the actual RP thread tomorrow. So I hope your itch can wait that long. What I had envisioned was anyone wanting to join just jumping in wherever (geographically) as long as we were all in the same timeframe. ( that would be about two days before the siege) Then we can make our way however to get into Minas Tirith by the time they close the gates before the siege begins. (If you choose to be outside, you're on your own :) )
Thanks for your reply.
samsmyhero
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arenial » Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:05 am

This sounds really interesting. Might I play a healer in the Houses of Healing?
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby samsmyhero » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:52 am

Hello Arenial!
Certainly, a healer will be most welcome, and necessary as I fear we may suffer a few outrageaous slings and arrows along the way :shock:
Hopefully I'll have the main thread up today sometime or another.
Welcome aboard!
samsmyhero
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arenial » Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:01 pm

Thanks! And you may call me Ren. I shall have a character up as soon as I can.
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby samsmyhero » Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:21 pm

Well, for better or for worse I've posted the first post for the story. So, Errand, you can start introducing your character(s), if you like. Ren, you can post a bio here if you like; or, as it looks like you've quite a lot of experience, you can probably just post in the IC and introduce your character there. You'll both have to post awhile "by yourself" until we can all meet up in MT (or, Errand maye your guy(s) will be come to Osgiliath, or Ren, do you make house, er, battlefield calls? :P )

Anyway, hopefully others will feel inspired to join in once they read our exemplary writing :wink:

Have fun!
samsmyhero
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Errand » Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:42 pm

*yawn* So much for exemplary. I'll probably get a handle on it before long though.
Errand
Shield Bearer

Postby Arenial » Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:53 pm

I'll post brief bio here.

Name: Violet Calhoun

Eye color: blue-green

Hair Color: Brown, about mid-back length.

Appearance: very petit. She looks very fragile, like she would fall over with the slightest breeze, but that is not so. She has a strength that many think she doesn't have. Around the Houses of Healing, she usually wears a plain pale green dress and her hair is usually bound behind her head in a low pony-tail. Her face is very fair, with large eyes, a small, straight nose and full lips.

Personality: She is good-natured and polite, very much a lady. She has a real zeal for life and a stubborness which often gets the better of her. However, that stubborness has also saved many lives when others would have given up. She can also be quite sarcastic at times, but tries to keep that under control.

History: Born to a family of two boys, her mother was very happy to finally have a daughter, and thus named her after her favourite flower, the Violet (two more daughters would soon follow). She led a simple life with her family, beginning her studies in medicine at the early age of twelve. She has never thought about courting, or ever being courted for that matter, as she was too busy with her studies.

Hope she's all right. Hmm... I don't know... maybe she will have to make some battlefield calls.
Last edited by Arenial on Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby corintur » Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:13 am

Hi, I'm thinking of joining. I got a charachter but I'm afraid he just won't fit in :cry:

I'll have to think of something else...
corintur
Shield Bearer

Postby samsmyhero » Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:29 pm

Hello Corintur, and welcome! I hope you'll join us. There's lots of room for many different types of charcters, although almost all are human. But just look at it as chance to stretch your imagination - being human that is :)

Ren, your bio looks great! Start posting any time you like. Looks like Errand's crew have left a couple of Gondorian guards needing some healing :shock:

Errand - great writing! I love your characters. I just hope Gondor can survive :P
samsmyhero
Citizen of Imladris

Postby zimraphel » Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:44 pm

Hey Sam. Long time no see! (Sure, right.)

Anyways, here I am, ready to support you in your massive and really neat looking indever. Yes, I know, not so encouraging, but I promise not to be too incredibly obnoxious.

Riiiight.

So, back on subject, here are my character bios, ripe for surveying, you lucky people, you.

Again, riiiight.

Name: Maiwe
Occupation: Bonesetter/Healer (Not to steal your thunder, of course, Arenial :) )
Nationality: Gondorian, from the Ethir
Kin: A mother with a nursing baby, a passel of twelve brothers, four of whom of fighting age, and a sister and law with a daughter and a child on the way.
Bio: Like all women of rural upbringing, Maiwe was raised from the cradle to be a herbalist. Her mother came descended from a long line of midwifes, though Maiwe, as a tacitun, excelled at the quieter and more meticulous art of bonesetting, and the mending of disease from within the body. Even as her child's hands slimmed into a woman's she had learned the subtle mastery of the art of her trade.

And behind curtain number two...

Name: Herenyar
Bio: With the blood of recent immigrants from Ithilien flowing through his vein, it was no wonder Herenyar grew to be so deft at bowmanship. The tale of his parent's exodus from their homeland after Mount Doom's combustion into flame left Herneyar fascinated with Ithilien. It was always a dream of his to reclaim the land of her forebearers, but after joining Faramir's elite band some nine years before, his eagerness has dwindled and he has become more pessimistic on his outlook of Ithilien. He's knows the wild's tricks, and knows too that chances of fullfilment of his long time wish are slim.

Okay, so, that done, I really have nothing more interesting to add. Bye!
zimraphel
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Frelga » Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:25 pm

Greetings! This looked promising from the start and looks even better now that IC is up. I think I have some hillmen of Lamedon on my hands.

samsmyhero (mine, too!), please let me know what you need in terms of bio.

Errand, plan B indeed. :D
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Arenial » Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:40 pm

zimraphel, oh no indeed. I imagine Violet will need some help with all the wounded :P

Samsmyhero, I will as soon as I can (I'll wait for some people to become wounded first though I think). Hmm as for battlefield calls, that could be a way to meet some characters eh? Start some friendships I'd say, or a romance? :P
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby zimraphel » Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:54 pm

Ah, of course, Ren, Florence Nightingale syndrome.

"From the moment I saw your supporating leg wound, I knew you were the one."

Nah, just kidding. :P

Frelga, I can only speak for myself (all nine of my personalities, in fact) but knowing Sam, probably whatever you feel comfortable with is good. Sam is pretty flexible. Of course, Sam may slap me for presuming to know the intricacies of her personality so well, but what the hey. I bounce back.

Ta.
zimraphel
Citizen of Imladris

Postby LadyElessar » Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:01 pm

I attempted to start a RP similar to this entitled "Traveling Soldiers" last spring, but the writers in it all seem to have dropped off. I would love to join! I have a character I have been waiting to use for quite some time (he is unfortunately also a young man of the hills from Lamedon, Frelga. I've always been captivated by the idea of the captainless hillmen).

Name: Aethelbart
Bio: Born and raised in the hills north of Calembel, into a family whose patriarch was rarely seen, Aethelbart has looked after his mother and sister since a young age and it is with a heavy heart that he leaves them both to answer Gondor's call for aid. He is young, ambitious and eager to cut a swath through an army of evil.
LadyElessar
Shield Bearer

Postby Frelga » Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:37 pm

Hi, LadyElessar! I'm glad someone else is noticing the unsung hillsmen. And our characters will be able to interact with somebody from the start.

I will confess, I was going to use the characters from my story (shameless plug), and so I had some ideas on the culture, while you probably had something different in mind. But then, it is not unusual for local customs to vary widly in mountain regions, where villages are isolated, right?

But... why unfortunately? Do you mind me playing another hillsman? If you do, let me know. Seriously, it's probably just as well for me not to get involved into another RP, and I will not take offense. :) 8)

Anyway, if you want to discuss anything prior to posting, my email is fre1ga at yahoo (number 1 instead of the L in the name).
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby samsmyhero » Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:02 pm

Wow! Lots of activity going on here. That's great. Looks like we can really get a great story going here.

Zimraphel - hmmmmm . . . now where have I seen you before???? :lol: Welcome aboard my old shipmate. And both your characters look very interesting. Looks like Ren is ready to consult with you on the fine nuances of healing. And your ranger character is welcome to say something really friendly to Denegal (he's kind of lonely at the moment). Jump on in to the IC any time.

Ren - you may wait or do whatever you like as far as posting in the IC. Trust me, if all goes as planned, there will be plenty of wounded right there in MT soon. :cry:

Frelga - I was really hoping to get some characters coming from the many people who came in aid of Gondor. And now it looks like we'll have two . . . Lamedonians (?) So that's great - you two can be best friends, or maybe bitter enemies, or complete strangers, or . . . well, I guess you can work that out. And it's good to see you guys already swapping emails - you're two steps ahead of me. Welcome, Frelga! (you can post a bio if you like, or just go ahead and post in the IC and introduce your character there, like Errand did)

Lady Elessar - ditto to what I said to Frelga. Your Aethelbart sounds like a fine upstanding young man. I hope he doesn't run into and get corrupted by the Black Company :P (just kidding, Errand) We're happy to welcome him to our adventure! Post away!

And BTW, Zim, well, yes you can Usually speak for me, but only if you can be unspeakably witty and erudite :roll:
samsmyhero
Citizen of Imladris

Postby zimraphel » Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:22 pm

Duh-huh... okay boss.

Erudite. Good, juicy word. Erudite. Air-oooooo-dite.

Yes, I have some sort of severe mental problem, but I just don't know what it is.

Anyways, random stuff I forgot to mention earlier- Errand, I really really liked your first post. And the spoofiness of Kaelin the Fair's bio. Just thought I'd let you know, you know. Keep up the good work.

Oh, it's starting! I'm so excited, yay!
zimraphel
Citizen of Imladris

Postby corintur » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:53 am

Hi, this is my charachter, the thing is I can't decide if he will fit.... HELP!

Name: Serad.

Race: Men (Harad).

Height: 7'0.

Build: very muscular, broad shoulders huge hands and feet.

Hair color: Bald. : wink:

Eye color: Dark brown.

Weapons: A big double bladed axe, a mace and a dagger. Serad also had a round shield. He carries the axe and shield on his back.

Clothing: Nothing special, usually wears a shirt without sleeves but when he goes somewhere cold he will wear a big brown cloak with a hood.

Skills: Serad is immensely strong, he is a great fighter with his axe but has little fighting skills with a sword. He is quicker than he seems. Serad cannot ride a horse.

Languages: Harad and Common.

Personality: Serad's look's could be deceiving, he looks big and scary but he actually is very gentle and nice (out of battle), he is very trusting in other people which could be very bad and he has gotten into trouble because of several times.

History: Serad was born in a little village in Harad, his father was a soldier and he was killed in war when Serad was 3 year's old, he grew up with his mother and at the age of 18 he was recruited to the army, he spent two years in training, the training left a lot of scars on his body, his face and scalp were scared and so was his chest, his commanders didn't like him at all because of his personality which they saw weak. At the age of 20 started serving as a soldier in the northern border with Gondor. At one of the missions they were sent to a Gondorian village where they were supposed to destroy the village, Serad saw his fellow soldiers rape the woman and children and then burn them alive. Serad then vowed that he will desert. He ran away to the south part of Gondor where a scratched of the emblem of Harad off his shield. He than vowed to wander the lands of Middle Earth and help people in need of help.
corintur
Shield Bearer

Postby Wasara » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:52 am

Rp is quite new thing for me but can I join.I`m working with character and it shall be a Ranger,somekind of courier or forerunner of Aragorn,who makes it
to Cairn Andros.When his job is done he joins to others.I mail it soon!
Wasara
Mariner

Postby samsmyhero » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:52 am

Corintur - I really like your guy - I always have a soft spot for those who fight for the weak and defenseless :) I'm sure we can find a way for him to fit in. I have an idea and you can email me at samsmyhero2003@yahoo.com if you feel comfortable with that and we can discuss it without giving away the whole story to the others (would make for more interesting reading for them, maybe?). Or, if you prefer, I can just set it out here in the OOC and you can decide whether it works for you. Either way, great character!

Wasara -welcome! Good, another Ranger! Just remember that at this point Aragorn is off riding in Belfalas (? my Tolkien isn't all it should be) with the army of the dead. So it's fine if he sending word to someone at Cair Andros, just don't have it coming from Minas Tirith if it's from him. In my next post, I will probably be sending Denegal down to Osgiliath along with Faramir's Rangers, so if you want to meet up before we leave, you'll need to post soon. Just let me know and I'll wait for you.

(Corintur - sorry, I originally posted the wrong email; so if you tried and got a non-deliverable notice, try again with the CORRECT address - sheesh what a dummy I can be! :roll: )
Last edited by samsmyhero on Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
samsmyhero
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arenial » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:30 pm

zimraphel wrote:Erudite. Good, juicy word. Erudite. Air-oooooo-dite.

I have to agree with you there (I looked it up. Sounds a lot like me). And yes, I fear I do have a case of Florence Nightingale syndrome. *sigh* :P :wink:

ya...

I think my muse is getting something together, so I may post soon. I'm not sure yet.
Arenial
Ranger of the North

Postby samsmyhero » Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:49 pm

Hey everyone!

I went ahead and posted again, just so I can keep my story moving along to where any rangers out there who want to be at Cair Andros before we leave can jump on in. Ren, maybe you and Errand can arrange some type of meeting between your characters (Errand has so many, surely he can spare one :) )

Don't feel shy, guys! Jump in any time - it won't hurt a bit. I promise.
samsmyhero
Citizen of Imladris

Postby zimraphel » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:34 pm

Eh, there it was.

Mediocre. But, you know, it's there.

Hint, hint, guys. :wink:

Above and beyond that... well, nothing, really. Except, Ren, my character should arrive in the city (House of Healing, specfically) tomorrow, by IC time, considering that we are currently on the ninth of March. At least at Cair Andros. I think.

So, now that I've had the valuable chance to confuse myself a bit, see you all later.

Well, you know what I mean.
zimraphel
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Wasara » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:00 am

Name: Thorgrond
Race: Men
Height: 6.5`
Hair: Black
Eyes: Between grey or white blue
Build: Slender and wiry.
Habitus: However at his thirties seems like man as at his fifties but somehow dateless.Red scar on his left forehead.Open air character but face little bit pale.When he smiles it is wide and supportive.Bit silent as all Rangers.Durable as long distance runner.

Skills: Good woodcrafts skills:stealth,pathfinding,scouting,making fire etc.Skilled swordman.Dagger specialist with his daggerset.Also good horseman and marksman of bow.He left his bow and arrows to borderguards of Thranduil.

Weapons: Long sword.Daggers.

Clothing: Brown weatherbeaten cloak with hood,under it grey chain mail not long,dark green trousers,long black boots.On his back he has waterback of brown leather and brown carrier back with needed things as ropes,flint and steel,small axe,reserve clothes etc.Special:on his back in the middle of neck and right shoulder he got daggerset.In his right long boot he has all round knife attached his leg.

Language:Sindarin,Quenya,Westron

His father was one of the Dunedains captains and mother related to Gilraen,Aragorns mother.Already at his teens he followed his father to wilderness and as twenty-years old Thorgrond led small band of men to the raids and ambush to Trollshaws and Ettenmoors.There a huge black warg suprised and attacked him and caused multiple scars on his torso and that one on his forehead.After heavy duell he killed it with single blow of his sword.After recovering he continued raiding and patrolling both sides of northern Misty Mountains and crossing Anduin to the borders of Mirkwood. His mother dwelled sometimes at his teens in Imladris and he joined her time to time.

Once again on his patrols near Mirkwood he was ordered as courier of Northen Dunedain and Elrond and Thranduil to make quick contact with possible outposts of Gondor in Ithilien and Cair Andros.It was March and he started his heavy journey by foot following east bank of Anduin.His intent was to get around Emyn Muil and follow its steeply eastern slopes through Dagorlad and Dead Marshes.
That part of journey was grave as air was thick and eastern winds carried heavy dark smog through Morannon.Once crossing a steep ridge he found
three faint little footprints heading southeast.But he had to hurry.He crossed Nindalf and made it to banks of Anduin and then followed Anduin to southeast.He cast about three weeks with cautions in Ithilen until he desided follow the path made by heavy band of armed men just recently.It led him to the bank opposite of Cair Andros.He desided the cross the river at night and gathered drifted logs and made small raft.In the darkness with long staff he struggled against strong current and once drifting down the river he heard faintly somebodys struggling against undertow.He reached that poor fellow and pulled him on the raft.After recovering the gondorian accent revealed: `Be blessed stranger and let me thank you who ever you are....it was cold drink i might say...`

It was obvious that he was one of the raiders from Gondor and Thorgrond had made it last to friendly people and his trek was over.

(So here it is.I chanced a plot little bit and I hope timetable fits)
Last edited by Wasara on Fri May 20, 2005 4:53 am, edited 9 times in total.
Wasara
Mariner

Postby samsmyhero » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:47 am

Wasara: Looks like you really know your Tolkien! Your ideas are fine, so go ahead and post in the IC if you like. Today I will be posting that the rangers and a few soldiers from Cair Andros leave that night to travel by river to Osigiliath. So you can decide whther to get to CA before or as we leave, or "run into" us somewhere on the river. I like your rescue - do we get to find out who fell in the drink? (hope it wasn't me :P )

I have to admit, my own working knowledge of the meaningful details is a little rusty. Zimraphel was good enough to point out the calendar in the appendices, and it says on March 9 Faramir leaves Henneth Annun and on the 10th is when Gandalf rides out and rescues him (and the three who go with him to MT). And so we must be on the evening/night of the 9th. What I FAILED to note before Zim pointed it out was that an army from Morannon takes Cair Andros on the 10th and goes on into Anorien. THEREFORE, my second and third posts are a little off, as I don't see how Faramir and his rangers could have failed to note an entire army on the march through north Ithilien. But anyway, this means Denegal et al better get the heck out of there quickly in order to avoid getting caught up in that mess.

Errand, let me know if you'd like a Gondorian soldier/captain to interact with in MT, say by you offering your company's services, etc. I don't mind having another character for a little bit. Or just write it yourself, if you prefer.

Thank you Zim for that great post. I'm glad someone drew all that embarassing attention away from Denegal :oops: I'm glad they didn't kill the messenger! And thanks for keeping me in line with the timeframe.
samsmyhero
Citizen of Imladris

Postby corintur » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:05 am

Sam, I sent you an E-Mail, did you get it???
corintur
Shield Bearer

Postby Wasara » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:56 am

Sam, I shall send Thorgrond down the river as same time that whole company is moving downwards to Osgiliath.Fellow that T. saved can be some unlucky fellow from the company or somebody can join to the quest at this point.
Last edited by Wasara on Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wasara
Mariner

Postby samsmyhero » Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:37 am

Corintur: I did get an email with the subject line "TORC", but it was diverted to my bulk account as spam and had a VERY peculiar "sender" name (all symbols like * and #) and a tiny "TM" at the end of it. So I didn't open it - thought it might be some spam. I hope that wasn't yours! Tell you what - I'll post a new thread in the Tom's House forum with the subject line "Samsmyhero to Corintur". I'll propose my idea there and you can reply. I think that's easier than email anyway.

Wasara: Great post! I like the interplay between the two characters. As we haven't quite made it into the boats yet, in the IC, I'll post today with a kind of backwards reference to the incident that put the guy in the river. Then we'll be moving on down the river, and Thorgrond and the other guy can catch up with us somewhere. BTW, can't help but be curious - where are you from?
samsmyhero
Citizen of Imladris

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)