The Beast OOC

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

The Beast OOC

Postby soul_warrior » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:29 pm

Ok boys and girls it's time for a new thread eh?
Ok i've already posted the first Ic as an introduction so please head there if your intrested.

I require a character Bio and a post here before you post in the IC

Your character can be any mortal race and elves anything else please ask me first, i dont want any shape changers or balrogs or anything of that sort.

Any kind of broad character class is welcome but be somewhat smart about it like hobbit warriors arent exactly the most likely thing although done correctly it can make a good story.

Do not make invincible or super powered characters, it's weakness that makes a character in a story intresting not just strength's

If you can not for sure post at least once a week do not ask to join the thread. i will either have your character killed or taken over if your gone for more than a week. If you know your going to be leaving for a while post in the OOC and i will help your character along i wont accept any other excuses. It really hurts a story when only one or two people post regularly.

this is going to be a thread where limited character sharing (for example if your having your character talking to another’s you can have that character talk back) is allowed in order to prevent one liners and lag from people not working on there characters much (please before you do anything with somebody else’s character read that characters profile and try to get an understanding of how that person would have there character respond and no killing of other characters unless you have permission)

any other questions or comments i will gladly answer and i would welcome any assistance.

Oh yeah and if your coming in off of the Pony Express please let them know that you have found a story.
soul_warrior
Shield Bearer

Postby atalantea » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:50 pm

Hello, I'd like to join please? A ranger? Or a woman (amazon like) that is estranged from her clan. :D Puhleeeez let me join? Puhleeeeeeezzzzz!?!?!?!?!?!? :D
atalantea
Rider of the Mark

Postby Aiwe » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:33 pm

Need someone to play the beastie? Or another similar creature? I enjoy non-humanoid characters.

--Aiwe
Aiwe
Ranger of the North

Postby foodaddict » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:01 am

Yipee! *jumps up and down* A new thread to join! :D
I'm not sure if I can write as well in line with the plot though, so before I sign up I'm going to check out the IC. I'll be back in five minutes to tell you if I'm sure. :wink:
foodaddict
Rider of the Mark

Postby foodaddict » Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:13 am

I've read the IC and I'm guessing that the plot will revolve around battling the thing that broke loose, right?
I really want to join, but before I put in my bio and all, I was thinking maybe you could elaborate on the plot a bit. When did this start and what's the history of the beast? What's the setting and the outline of the plot? Although I love being spontaneous, maybe we can get an overview of the ending so that we can work towards that. I've got a whole lot more questions, but my mind isn't functioning properly right now. @.@ I guess it's because I've got an exam tomorrow and I've got to review for both Physics and Algebra. Damn.
In any case, see you when I see you! :wink:
foodaddict
Rider of the Mark

Postby soul_warrior » Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:01 pm

atlantean--yes your more than welcome to join, I would lean more towards the ranger however it doesnt make a big diffrence either way and the same thing for the characters sex.

aiwe-- i would be honored to have you join, i have noticed your consistent use of non-human characters and i look forward to seeing what you decide to use for this thread. however please no super characters.

footaddict-- the beast was created by sauron as a pet basically, the story setting is however after the eruption of mount doom and for the most part things are beginning to return to normal in the various kingdoms. the ending of the story is completly open and i'm more than happy to see it end in a wide variety of ways. hope that cleared things up abit.

also i cant stress enough, if you cant post once a week dont bother asking to join. it's a terrible way to have a good story die because one or two posters lock a story up constantly.

all characters will need Bio's posted and here's mine

nori tsif
sex:male
race:human
appearance: dull brown hair with grey green eyes. thick bushy brown beard. he wears a simple brown leather armor vest and leather shin and arm gaurds. he has a grey back pack that he almost always wears that contains several of his homemade firebombs and has a small built in quiver for his arbalest bolts

bio:nori was born the only son of an assasin based in gondor.nori's father worked much of his life as an assasin working in and around the eastern borders working as a free lance mercenary . his travels brought him many times into the shops of various eastern alchemist's where he learned how to make his fire bombs which are small clay jars filled with oil with a small sealed cap when thrown the pot shatters spraying oil,the cap breaks releasing various powders into the oil creating a viscous fire, nori's main weapon is the arbalest(a steel banded crossbow) with which he is incredibly proficient however because the steel band is so stiff it requires a small pulley system to pull back and it takes nori nearly triple the time to reload his arbalest as an archer with a bow could and nori prefers to fight from behind his allies because of a lack of close range fighting abilities. He is a profficient although not expert tracker in most environments.
soul_warrior
Shield Bearer

Postby Aiwe » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:15 pm

OK, not exactly what you'd call canon, but here goes :roll:

Name: Ghoula (at least that's what her wardens call her)

Race: Moriquendi, once

Appearance: thin, straight mahogany hair cut roughly to shoulder length, worn down and combed with only her fingers. Black eyes, death-pale skin with a blue-grey pallor. Emaciated and scarred. Wears a filthy old shift tied at the waist with twine. Her canines are very sharp.

History: She was found along with the beast, chained close to it but unharmed. She did not speak, nor does she now, but she does hum to herself now and then. Her whiteless black eyes seem always vacant. She is kept in a cell near the beast, since she screams and thrashes to the point of hurting herself when the beast's guards attempt to move her, even when she is drugged. Middle-earth's doctors gave up on her several years ago, so now she's just one more thing to give the beast's guards the willies. Those guards gave her the name Ghoula because of her ghoulish appearance.

The night of the escape, Ghoula had been screaming for no apparent reason. Since she wouldn't shut up, and she was getting on everyone's nerves, one guard took the initiative and knocked her cold with a punch. She was still out when the beast escaped.

SW, I have an idea about this character. She's no superelfwoman, but she does have a mysterious connection to the beast which I'd like to reveal through posts, if you will trust me with it. If not, I am always willing to make changes. :)

--Aiwe
Aiwe
Ranger of the North

Postby soul_warrior » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:45 am

Brilliant idea, now i have a slight confession i will need all of your help sometimes with geography and other sorts of information, my minds a few teeth short of a working gear and my memories the worst lol.

lol now for my first plea for assistance

Moriquendi? what is a Moriquendi
soul_warrior
Shield Bearer

Postby Aiwe » Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:49 pm

The Dark Elves, or Avari, who chose not to follow the Valar. ;)

So you're OK with my character? :)

--Aiwe
Aiwe
Ranger of the North

Postby soul_warrior » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:18 am

yes your characters good aiwe i'll just work it in where she joins the group. i'd like to start this thread up on monday if there's enough people around to do it.
soul_warrior
Shield Bearer

Postby atalantea » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:58 pm

Hello, my bio:

Name: Karimlan
Character: Easy going and hot headed. Stubborn and clever. :D
History: A part of the Ecijan clan but got estranged because she refused to do as she was bid. She is hiding from the clan who wants her back.
I'll tell the whole story in my first post. :D

Physical: Midnight blue eyes with silver linings. Black, long curly hair and real pale skin. Slender and lean.
Weapons: Twin blades named... um, Tala and Luha that connect to make a spear-staff thingie. Good in archery. She has a pack of bows tied to her thighs. Lots of daggers inserted everywhere. Good with herbs. Expert in using the whip. :D
Clothes: Brown for camouflage. :D A long skirt that has slits on both sides from the thighs down. Wears boots. Backless, sleeveless shirt during not so cold days. She has a cape with a hood thingie made of animal skin when it is cold. :D

Will add more if need be. :D Hope this is fine. :D
atalantea
Rider of the Mark

Postby atalantea » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:43 pm

May I post in the IC? I'll post as soon as possible if I'm already approved. :D
atalantea
Rider of the Mark

Postby soul_warrior » Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:51 pm

i was hoping that there would be a few more people who joined before we got things underway however if everybody is willing we might as well start and i'll leave it open for other people to join the quest.

Atlantea wait until i get the next post in the IC it'll start things rolling along. oh yeah and the more details for a character teh better.
soul_warrior
Shield Bearer

Postby atalantea » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:57 am

Okidoki, will be waiting. I'll add more after the first post. I'd like stuff to be a surprise... it will not distort the story promise, it is just my character. :D

Anyway, I'll be out on a camp for three or four days, so excuse my lack of visit until then! :D Will miss rp-ing. :D

See you. :D
atalantea
Rider of the Mark

Postby foodaddict » Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:38 am

Yeah, you cleared things up pretty much. :wink: Thanks.
I'm in, but you'll have to excuse me for a maximum of four days starting tomorrow, since I'm dashing off to a regional competition and I'm leaving later tonight...by the way, Atalantea, if you're going to Vigan for the UPN Debate Championships, I'll catch you there, okay? :D
And now to the real reason I stopped by, here's my bio:

Name: Kala.
Race: Human--though from where, unknown.
Biography: A shady, silent figure, Kala's origins are as unpredictable as her age. Her alliances have always been unconventional--she sided with the Orcs against the Elves at one point--and it was never really made clear to anyone before whether her mind tipped towards good or evil. She has never really been classified as anything but a traveling adventurer, because she never held alliances long enough with anyone to be called a ranger or a soldier of this realm, etc. etc.
Appearance: Tall and slender, with fair, doll-like skin and dark, fathomless brown eyes. She has fine features and fine hair, and her eyes have a blank, staring quality in them. She has a tendency to speak in a calm, unaccentuated voice that's a bit unnerving, and is almost like a mannequin as a whole.

Is that all right? I'll be back ASAP to check. Let me know if you want me to change or adjust anything. :wink:
Last edited by foodaddict on Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
foodaddict
Rider of the Mark

Postby Tanith » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:55 pm

Hi soul warrior,

Have read through the IC, and this OOC, and I'm considering joining, if you'll have me. I'll think it through before I make the commitment, but as soon as I do, I'll post my bio so you can see if my character fits in with your plans. For now, continue as you will, I'll be watching with interest :)

Cheers!

Tanith. :angel:
Tanith
Rider of the Mark

Postby soul_warrior » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:30 pm

Tanith-- you'd be welcome here.

ok there's not going to be enough people here until friday and i'm going to be gone friday until sunday night i'll post the next IC and everybody can simply post there intro's as they get here. I greatly appreciate the advance notice from atlantea and footaddict

--smaz
soul_warrior
Shield Bearer

Postby foodaddict » Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:16 am

Soul_Warrior, it's foodaddict, with a d. :wink:
foodaddict
Rider of the Mark

Joining

Postby Lantherien » Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:27 am

Just letting you knwo I will be joining. I'll get Lanthirien's profile up here tomorrow.
Lantherien
Citizen of Imladris

Postby atalantea » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:34 pm

Hello, just dropped by... :D to check and stuff. :D
atalantea
Rider of the Mark

Postby foodaddict » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:05 pm

Oy, Smaz, where are you?
foodaddict
Rider of the Mark

Postby atalantea » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:17 am

Hello... just dropped by again... still waiting. :D
atalantea
Rider of the Mark

Postby soul_warrior » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:18 pm

hey sorry guys my pc's been actin fishy lately, i'll probably have to reeboot tomorrow, alright next post'll be up in a minute
soul_warrior
Shield Bearer

Postby foodaddict » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:19 pm

It's okay. :wink: We all know how uncooperative the world can get.
foodaddict
Rider of the Mark

Postby soul_warrior » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:27 pm

okay first post is up, hopefully everything worked correctly
Cya guys soon.

Lantherien i look forward to reading your character Bio
soul_warrior
Shield Bearer

Postby soul_warrior » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:28 pm

okay first post is up, hopefully everything worked correctly
Cya guys soon.

Lantherien i look forward to reading your character Bio
soul_warrior
Shield Bearer

Postby foodaddict » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:33 pm

I'll go read and I'll post as well. :wink:
foodaddict
Rider of the Mark

Postby Aiwe » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:19 am

Thanks for the opening, Smaz. :) I think I'll post for Ghoula once a few more of the characters have reached Minas Tirith.

--Aiwe
Aiwe
Ranger of the North

Postby foodaddict » Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:56 am

Sorry I didn't get to post last time, although I said I would. I'll go right now and see if I have time to post for Kala.
foodaddict
Rider of the Mark

Postby atalantea » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:51 am

Hello... will post in a while... I'm sneaking off during computer class... :D
atalantea
Rider of the Mark

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)