The 2004 WCA Post Awards Gala - "Underway!!"

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

The 2004 WCA Post Awards Gala - "Underway!!"

Postby SilverScribe » Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:13 pm

CORSAIR DREAM LINES presents ***** The HMS Castamir Cruise Ship

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun cleared the Hills of Tarnost and softly gilded the rooftops of Dol Amroth. The Bay of Belfalas slowly changed from a deep cobalt blue to a rich ultramarine, reflecting the few puffs of white cloud that floated in the slowly brightening sky. There was that early morning stillness, when the earth held it’s breath at the break of a new day, the expectant hush of nature that precedes the first burst of birdsong and the rising of the day’s first gentle breezes.

Though the fall air was clear it was still gentle, the first harsh breath of winter had not yet arrived. As the sun climbed higher, the sound of a deep, majestic horn broke the morning quiet and echoed over the waters. Around the horn of Dol Amroth appeared a large sea-going vessel, a Corsair ship of mighty proportions, yet still sleek and dangerous looking.

But danger was not the purpose this day. Nor for many days and nights to come, this particular Corsair ship had given itself over to the White Council, who had commissioned the grand vessel as the site of this year’s WCA Post Award Gala.

The huge vessel slowly entered the Cobas Haven, then coasted to a dignified halt and dropped anchor just off the harbor of Edhellond. The massive horn sounded yet again, a bone-rattling, sonorous note that would have challenged the Horn of Helm Hammerhand himself.

A pearly-haired figure suddenly appeared on the foredeck with the Captain . . .

"Well, Captain, you’ve arrived just barely in time. I’ll leave the rest of the arrangements in the hands of yourself and your most capable crew. Here’s the voucher book, just make all the orders out as chargeable to the White Council and mark them attention of Master Erinhue . . . yes? Good, very good. I doubt I’ll be able to talk with you again until the Gala is in full swing."

"Yeah, well, I had a bit of a pirate problem," the Captain grumbled. "And I still don’t understand why the White Council decided on a ship," he continued, his brows beetled together so tightly it looked like he was wearing a single, fuzzy black catepillar above his eyes.

"Not just a ship, Captain, but a "cruise" ship. And why? Well, because a cruise ship has everything. From formal to laid back and relaxed, from indoor to outdoor, there is something for everyone. Is this not so?"

The Captain ceased scowling and smiled a large, toothy, almost piratish smile. "But of course! For the right price . . ."

"For the right price, you better see that this ship is spit, polished and spotlessly clean and that the plans I drew up are followed to the letter," she growled. The Captain paled slightly. "Erm yes, so you said earlier, along with mention of that Bardic Guildmaster with the berserker tendencies," he finished.

"And don’t forget his Dragon Harp with the Flash Fire tendencies," she added with a meaningful glance around the large, mostly wooden vessel.

"Ah, yes, indeed. Well, I don’t see any problem at all with completing your plans Scribe. The crew will have everything ready on time, I will personally guarantee it. But one more thing, what about the ship-to-shore transports?" the Captain asked. "I have only so many jolly boats and skiffs, you know."

The peredhel waved one hand negligently. "Don’t worry Captain, I’ll look after that as soon as I get ashore. Just be sure to put down that "special" red carpet on the deck where the gangplank would normally end and everything will be perfectly fine."

She left him to his work and whistled for a skiff to take her ashore. The Wraiths of the Internet had interfered with her plans and she was running horribly late. There was still a lot to be done and she had promised Master Erinhue and the Committee that all would be ready by the time the Awards Show got underway. "Last time I trust Morgoth Technologies," she growled as she hurried off.

Stay tuned as preparations continue . . .

((OOC: Terribly sorry that this is going up so late folks, I had intended to put it up Friday evening, but my hi-speed Internet Service Provider developed a problem and I now have no connection to TORC from home at all. Still, we’ll soldier on. Thank heaven for office connections. Shhhhhhhhhh. ;) ))

Last edited by SilverScribe on Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby SilverScribe » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:44 pm

As the preparations for the Awards show spiraled upwards to a fever pitch, Scribbles excused herself and hurried out of the temporary WCA offices. On the way, she popped her head into Erinhue’s "War Room" and assured the Master Bard that she would be back in good time.

"Well, no time like the present to test this thing," she mumbled, then stepped into the small booth, whose somewhat garish paint job announced "*** INSTANT PHOTOS*** See yourself in 30 seconds!! FREE TRANSPORT TO THE 2004 WCA POST AWARDS GALA included with every Commemorative Picture!!" She stood on the spot indicated by the instructions and reached out to poke the big red button in front of her.

A blinding flash had her cursing loudly in several languages before a sweet, calm voice told her, "Here are your photos, enjoy the Awards Gala!" When the spots cleared before her eyes, she pulled the strange strip of paper from the slot in the wall and grimaced. She really had to have a word with her creator, her hair seemed to be getting wilder by the day. Sighing, she stepped out of the booth and found herself on the special red carpet, which had been laid on the deck of the Corsair ship, on one side towards the stern, exactly as she had instructed. She turned around, but the booth was nowhere to be seen. Well, things were looking up, that had worked perfectly.

She found the Captain as she headed across the foredeck and flagged him down. He was looking decidedly harried but his face lit up with a toothy smile when he spotted her.

"Ah, my dear Scribe, I was hoping you would stop by. All is nearly completed, would you like to take the tour?" he asked, beaming.

She nodded, still trying to shake a few remaining spots from her vision. "Yes, Captain, that is precisely why I am here and I don’t have much time. The Nine are on my tail, so lead on."

He bowed and with a flourish led her towards the mid portion of the ship. All through the entire mid-ships section, from side to side, shopkeepers of every kind were busily setting up their wares, from exquisitely crafted jewellery to flowing gowns and everything in between. There was sawdust on the decking and exotic potted plants of every variety were scattered about. Tiny oil lamps had been strung on fine wires overhead, making it feel very much like an open air market during a Festival. The thought made her grin. "We even managed to get a few special Ithilien sweet makers and several merchants who are introducing some new Dorwinion wines," the Captain told her. She made a mental note to visit this part of the ship during the Post Awards gala, she was always interested in the exquisite wines that came out of the Dorwinion region.

"And the rest of the main deck?" she asked. The captain smiled broadly. "All as you requsted. There are outdoor games, a salsa band, a small dance floor, ping pong tables and lots more casual seating up on the poopdeck. I even managed to install that strange bubbling mineral hot springs dipping pond you had delivered, put it right next to the swimming pool. I Can’t say I know how it stays warm or why it works, but it does. And of course, full bar and food service will be provided from the main pool area." She smiled back. "Ah, so you also managed to build the pool?" she asked. He laughed and gestured.

They had passed through the "market" area and were now at the rear of the ship. Here, a large pool had been built, complete with a poolside bar and plenty of tables, chairs and loungers. A row of small changing tents stood against the rear railing and a few attendants were already busily arranging bathing attire and thick, thirsty terry towels and terry robes on racks next to them. Several dozen tall torches stood ready to light the area when night approached. "Very nice captain," she murmured and they continued on.

He took her past the pool towards the center of the vessel. Here, they passed through a set of large double doors and went down a wide, shallow set of stairs. She looked around and whistled softly. The entire rear section of the lower deck had been transformed into a large, formal ballroom, with a low raised stage to one side for a live band, and several free standing bars on the other side. Large candelabra’s hung from the ceiling joists, the walls were hung with rich, ivory damask panels and the wooden decking had been polished to a warm glow. . To either side of the stairs where they stood, white jacketed staff were going in and out of two sets of galley doors, busily setting up a half dozen long, linen covered tables for what looked to be a stupendous buffet. "What’s on the menu, Captain?" she asked. He smiled. "Something of everything, I assure you," he answered. "There will be the full complement of fresh fruits and vegetables, freshly baked breads, hor’s d’oevres of every variety, pate, cold shrimp, oysters on the half shell, you name it, we’ll have it." "Salmon mousse?" she asked hopefully. He laughed. "Yes Scribe, even Salmon Mousse. Along with all sorts of hot dainties, even main dishes like Baron of Beef and a whole roast pig. You told me to spare no expense, and that’s exactly what I’ve done. I only hope that Guildmaster of yours doesn’t have heart failure when he sees the bills."

"As long as you didn’t pad it out too much you old pirate, I’m sure it will be fine," she chuckled. "Let’s continue, I need to get back soon."
He led her over the dance floor to the far end of the ballroom, where a large number of tables and chairs were scattered around. Beyond these, the bulkhead sported double doors to either side of another bar.

They went through the lefthanded set of double doors, where a wide passageway opened immediately into a large, softly lit room that in spite of its size, seemed warm and intimate. Thick Eastron rugs covered the wooden deck and the walls were hung with beautiful tapestries. A jazz trio was running through a few numbers to one side, while attendants dressed in Haradrim finery were stocking yet another bar and putting squat, decorative candles on scores of low tables flanked by equally low, comfortable looking chairs. "And this, as you’ve probably guessed, is the Jazz Lounge," the Captain chuckled. "We’ll offer light food in here as well." She nodded approval, it looked like yet another good spot for folks to gather and mingle.

They continued through the room towards yet another set of doors. Once through these, they were standing in a very large, wide, well lit area that spanned the entire bow of the ship. It had dozens of cloth covered tables and straight back chairs scattered around. There was, of course, yet another bar and Haradrim-clad attendants but there was no stage for musicians. "The Games Room," the Captain stated, and she grinned. Of course. Here the guests could try their hand at various card games, or even board games. One end of the room sported several dart boards and large tables covered in what looked to be green felt. "Billiards," the Captain supplied to her questioning look. "Very popular in other parts of the world." She accepted his explanation with a silent nod and continued to look around. The Captain gestured towards one side of the room where an attendant manned what looked for all the world like a coat check but clearly wasn’t. "Any game from anywhere, we have them all. Scrabble, Chess, Checkers, Dominoes, Mahjongg, anything. And of course, endless decks of cards for Whist, Bridge, even a little Poker . . . b-but nothing high stakes, honest!!" He was quick to assure her, she had expressly forbid him to run any sort of games where he could rob the guests of any money. "Just remember to keep it honest you old pirate, or I will shave you bald and hang you from the mainmast by your underwear," she reminded him tartly. He flushed and nodded, then indicated the doors on the other side of the room. "Yes, yes, shall we continue?" he asked, then drew a relieved sigh as she turned with him for the doors.

She realized that they were now heading back towards the rear of the ship where they had entered, they were simply moving down the other side of the vessel. The room they entered was resplendent with tables set with snowy cloths and candles in silver holders, flanked chairs that were padded on both the seat and chairbacks. The walls sported tapestries with scenes from past WCA balls and several panels depicted the various Festivals that had been held over the years. The deck had been polished to a satin sheen that reflected the candlelight and the attendants were smartly dressed in snowy white shirts with rich, dark red trousers and matching vests that were trimmed with gold. She raised an eyebrow at the Captain. "Formal dining room, for those who want to order their dinner and sit while they eat and converse. The Formal Ballroom has seating, I know, but the music will likely be playing non-stop in there, I thought that some people may want a quieter spot to eat and be able to hear themselves talk." She smiled. "I am glad you felt inclined to add to my original plan Captain, this is a very good idea. You have done extremely well."

He grinned and puffed out his chest with pride and led the way back into the Formal Ballroom. They went back up the wide stairs onto the main deck, where crewmen were putting the finishing touches on all the brass fittings and wooden railings, polishing everything to a warm and welcoming gleam. She sighed deeply. Hopefully, the ship offered a large enough variety to provide something for every taste. The thought reminded her of something and she stopped the captain at the rail where a jolly boat waited to take her back ashore.

"Captain, one last thing. I noticed plenty of bars, did you remember to . . . "

"Yes, yes, yes Scribe, of course. Besides all the usual bevy of alcoholic offerings, I made sure that there will be plenty of fruit juices, sodas, iced teas, coffees, mineral waters of every flavour and description and yes, even that strange ‘Root Beer’ you seem to like. Though why it’s called beer is beyond me, NO self-respecting beer should be that sweet . . . "

"Never mind Captain, you don’t have to drink it. Thank you, I just wanted to be sure that you remembered that last detail. There are many who do not favour ales, mead, wines or spirits, we must be certain that all tastes and preferences can be accomodated."

"Well alcoholic or not, if we don’t have it, I’ll turn in my Pirates Union card and take up babysitting," he shot back, grinning.

Scribbles laughed. "I’ll remember that," she replied, then climbed quickly down the rope ladder to the jolly boat.

Once ashore, she made certain that the slips where the jolly boats, ferries and other small craft that would take the guests who preferred traditional transport out to the Cruise Ship were well marked and gaily decorated. She also made sure that several of the Photo Booth Instant Transports were placed around the dockside. The remainder of the booths she had the supplier to deliver to the lobby of the Middle Earth Majestic Auditorium in downtown Belfalas where the Awards Show was being held.

’Well, that should do it,’ she thought and with a last look around, she hurried off. She had to get back in time for the commencement of the Awards show itself, the Post Awards Gala was now in the capable hands of the Captain.

Last edited by SilverScribe on Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
SilverScribe

Postby SilverScribe » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:36 pm

She hurried aboard, blinking stars out of her eyes yet again as she tossed the slip of photos overboard.

"Captain!" she hailed him. "How are we doing?"

He came over, wiping his hands on his rather dirty and soiled trousers, his hair blowing around his face.

"We're nearly done. How's the show going?"

She smiled. "Quite well, a bit nerve wracking, but all in all, it has been good. Right then, you have probably less than an hour or so."

"Just time to grab a shower and make myself desireable," he laughed, then headed to his quarters.

Scribbles went back ashore, shaking her head. "Men," she muttered.
SilverScribe

Postby SilverScribe » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:44 pm

Tonight was the night. It had finally arrived.

Captain Jahran tugged at his dark blue, richly embroidered vest one last time and slicked his jet black hair back into a jewelled clasp. He scanned his attire carefully, but the jet black trousers and snow white shirt were spotless. He nodded with satisfaction. The night had finally arrived, and both he and his staff were ready.

He shut the door of his cabin and went up onto the main deck. He looked up into the night sky, where the stars were scattered like diamonds on an indigo velvet cloth. The moon, not quite full, hung low on the horizon, creating a glowing trail across the calm waters of the Bay of Belfalas.

All the torches and candelabras were lit, all the preparations were complete, all the staff were present and waiting.

All that remained was the arrival of the guests. He smiled to himself. All was in readiness.

Let the festivities commence!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

((ooc: a very exhausted Scribe can't be here to move the Captain around. So, he is anyone's to command. I only ask that you be kind, although a pirate, he is a consummate gentleman. :D:D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SilverScribe

Postby oldtoby » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:05 pm

Oldtoby wanders into the party, looking a little dishevelled. He has a brown bag in one hand that he keeps drinking out of. Donernilwen comes in just behind shaking her head at his antics.

"Hey" he slurred "was thisss goin on heeere? Its a crock, fixed i tells ya. A guy cant get a break around here."

Toby bellies up to the bar and collapes onto a stool.

"Hey barkeep how bout some peanuts?" he shouts before collapsing to the floor and passing out.

Scribbles walks up to Don and whispers quietly, "whats he been drinking?"

"Root beer" Don replies and walks off to get some folks to help her carry Toby up to bed.

:D :D :D :D
Last edited by oldtoby on Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldtoby
Ringbearer

Postby Ellehcim » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:20 pm

As Ellehcim arrived at the party, a few were already there. She noticed Don and Scribbles carrying Toby. Kris was laughing hysterically nearby. "What happened to him?" Elle asked as she approached them. They told her how he had drunk too much root beer and thus must go upstairs to bed. "Ah. I see." said Elle. "Well, when you get back down, come and find me and we'll hang out together. I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun. In the meantime, I'm going to get some food. I'm so hungry!"

Ellehcim walked over to the food table and arranged herself a plate of ham, rolls, potatoes, and strawberries. She had a virgin strawberry daiquiri(her sixth that night) to drink. 'It's a good thing these are nonalcoholic,' she thought.

*~*~*Elle*~*~*
Last edited by Ellehcim on Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ellehcim
Ranger of the North

Postby lady_of_legolas » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:30 pm

Lady and her partner appeared on the deck, and gazed around once the stars from the camera flash had dissappeared. "Wow, Silverscribe! This is amazing!!" :) Where to go first!!? Maybe dinner and music and then a swim.. This is so awesome! :)

Maybe I'll stay away from the root beer though... *Looks suspiciously at the form of Toby being carried off*

Mmmm... Chocolate fruit baskets! :)

Thankyou Silverscribe!! :)
lady_of_legolas
Ranger of the North

Postby Donernilwen » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:33 pm

After the show had ended, Kris and Don made there way to the after party. Upon ariving, as the were about to go aboard the Beautiful ship that had been prepared for such a night as this. Don stopped and turned towards a little heap in the shadows.
"You hear that?" Don asked motioning to Kris.

"NaH! I don't hear a thing!" she said rather loudly, taking another gulp from the champaign bottle she had picked up on her way out as a gift from a certain bartend.;) She in fact had the gift giver right around her arm at the moment.
Don had put up a good fight against letting him come along but she did owe Kris a favor.

"Well I do. I think its that lump over there."

"Hey, I'm no lump. I'm actually very charming if given the chance." Came a familar voice.

"Toby! What ARE you doing?!" Don said, running to help him up.

" Having a bit of root beer. You want a taste?" He said swaying a bit as Don helped him up.

" Who told you this was rootbeer?!" She said sniffing the contents of the bag.

Toby just hiccuped and nodded towards Kris's companion who was trying to avoid Don's gaze.

"Why I oughta-" She started, shooting a nasty look at the guilty looking man.

"I'm sorry, he just looked so...so..depressed." He shot back in defence.
Kriss was no help to the matter ether. She couldn't stop laughing.

Alright lets just get on board and we'll talk about this later.

"Hey" he slurred "was thisss goin on heeere? Its a crock, fixed i tells ya. A guy cant get a break around here."

"Yes, yes. We know. Everything was a conspriarcy." Don said, trying to get Toby to walk a bit faster....or straighter as both would have helped.

Toby then found a stool and slouched down on it.

"Hey barkeep how bout some peanuts?"
He then fell to the floor and passed out.

As Don rolled her eyes and got down to try and lift the "root beer" drunken man up, Scribbles approched.

"whats he been drinking?"

"Root beer." Don said flatly giving kris's escort, another evil look.

"oy, least you can do is help me drag this poor guy to a corner to sleep it off." She said motioning to him.

The "Root beer" bartender hesitated then came over and helped Don lift him over to the end of the room were she put her cloak under his head as a pillow and used Kris's cloak as a blanket.
" He should be fine for a while."
Last edited by Donernilwen on Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donernilwen
Ranger of the North

Postby Thewhitetree » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:35 pm

Toby toby...

TWT takes off the suit jacket and loosenes his tie as he observes the magnificent boat. There appears to be a crew member just up the way so he decides to go and ask him where to find the bar.

"You there! I'm TWT. Who might you be?"

"I'm the captain."

"Well its a pleasure. Well met. Very nice boat you have."

"Its a 'ship' not a 'boat'."

"Whatever. Where can I find the closest bar? This night has been exhausting."

"There's one in the secind door of the right hallway and thers's one on the starboard side of the ship where the dancefloor is. But if you're looking for ale or any such alcoholic beverage I'm afraid you won't find any."

"Why is that?"

"Because your 'Scribe' ordered all alcohol off the ship. She ordered it off along with all dignity of this magnificent vessel."

"You mean 'ship'?" replied TWT.

"Same bloody thing mate!" said the captain.

"Well you must have an 'immovable wine chilling center on the boat? Right?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about!"

TWT came menecingly close to the captain, "You KNOW what I mean. There has to be a winery on this ship. Now where is it?"

"Fine, fine. I'll show you. But if Scribe gets news of this there'll be hell to pay."

"Mute your whirlwind of a mouth for one minute and lead on!"

The captain took TWT up a few decks through many hallways till they reached the winery. The large refrigerated black doors opened up and TWT entered. "Say. Have you got any Canadian Ice Wine here?" But the captain was gone. "Oh great! Now how will I find my way back?"

TWT looked through the wines and came to the corner of the winery. While crouching down and loking at a bottle of 1800 chardonay the doors opened again only to reveal Scribe. "Great!" thought TWT "Now she'll chew me out for being here." But Scribe had apparently not seen TWT. Instead she made straight for the Zinfindels on the opposite side of the cellar.

TWT straightened up and laughed. "What are you doing here lady Scribe?"
Thewhitetree
Mariner

Postby SilmevanaIriel » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:51 pm

"Oh no I'm running late again!! Everyone will most assuredly be there once I finally waltz in very unfashionably late!"
She was even more nervous than she had been walking up the red carpet with the cameras. Yes-much more nervous. Now, she was going to have to mingle with others, yes others!! She looked out the window of her upstairs bedroom and saw the limo driver pulling up once more. He had dropped her off since she needed about a half an hour to change and such. Taking one more look in her full length mirror, she adjusted a button, flung a loose wisp of her smooth, dark red hair back, and sighed. The masses of it all hung clear down her back when she let it, which she usually didn't. For tonight she had piled it all loosely on top of her head with some shining silver butterfly pins and let it curl about her face. Glancing up at the clock she rushed down the stairs, grabbed her purse and locked her front door on the way out.

Pulling up to the shores she could see some 30 or 40 people climbing into rowboats and such of the like and jetting a short way out to the Castamir Cruise Ship which was beautifully ablaze like a sunrise, which she would undoubtedly be awake for. The driver parked and she climbed out. The magnificant ship sparkled in the moonlight and hung peacefully on the water.

"This way if you will, Miss Silmevana"

She followed the driver to a small boat off to the side of the shore and carefully climbed in. It was only a matter of 5 minutes or so before they arrived and then before she could blink she was standing on the deck and outside the brilliant doors to the main party room.

"Well, here goes"

part-ay dress below!
http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/Elf ... ver_sj.jpg
SilmevanaIriel
Shield Bearer

Postby Ellehcim » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:03 am

As Ellehcim was finishing up her plate, she noticed a very pretty girl walk in all alone. 'Nobody should be alone,' she thought to herself. Elle walked up to the woman and introduced herself. "Hello, I'm Elle. I noticed you were all alone, and I guessed that you could use a companion. I haven't seen you around before, are you new?" She thought for a moment. "I take that back," she said. "I saw you alone at the show, too. I'm glad you came to the afterparty. It should be a great place to meet new people."

"I'm Silmevana. It is nice to meet you." answered Silmevana. "And yes, I am fairly new."

"You look lovely, Silmevana," said Elle as they walked over to where Don and Kris were.

"Hello again, you two," said Elle. "This is Silmevana. Silmevana, this is Don, and this is Kris."

"It's nice to meet you," said Don and Kris almost exactly at the same time.

Silmevana replied, "It's nice to meet you. too."

The four girls stood and talked for a while. They were all happy with the turnout of the awards, and Elle couldn't wait to congratulate everyone.

*~*~*Elle*~*~*
Ellehcim
Ranger of the North

Postby SilverScribe » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:15 am

LOL!!

((OOC: Okay, there is alcohol on the ship, folks, no worries. The Scribe simply made sure that there was something else for those who do not like or want alcoholic beverages . . . sorry for the misunderstanding and I have amended the offending post . . . dang, I need sleep, off to get some. 'Night folks.))

:D
SilverScribe

Postby earendil81 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:32 am

(OOC: yep Dorwinion was mentioned otherwise this peredhel wouldn't have come :P. And I can't see the Scribe, who's so fond of Malt and Dorwinion wines herself, let a ship without alcohol :P =:) =:).
Picturing Scribbles with a fruit juice in her hand; see the result --> :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: nah impossible)

She was sitting on the edge of her bed looking desperately at what she was supposed to wear. She should get ready; but her feet didn’t move for a moment. Why had she accepted that already? Because Jae had asked? That had been part of it, but Jae had always been a social person, which she wasn’t.

Oh well, it could be an interesting night, and maybe there wouldn’t be as many cameras and scribbling journalists at the after party. She stood up making her way to the chair where she had left the black trousers, and the black slightly revealing top.

She sighed at the sight of this but finally decided to go on and seized both to change into it. Soon, she was ready, as only her feet and her legs were left bare, as the trousers were slit up to her knees. Opening a chest she took leather black boots, which she polished for a moment before she laced them up just below her knees; there went her usual dagger, though there was hardly a chance she would need it.

When this was done, she was ready to go… well no she was missing something… what? The invitation? No she had it. The address? No it was on the invitation… A knock at the door. She smiled; she hadn’t missed something.
“I’m coming” she answered as she picked up the invitation and opened the door to the horse boy. She got out before he could say a thing closing the door and turned to him; Herger looked his usual self though there was something about him that showed it was not a usual day; the way he had trimmed his beard maybe. That didn’t matter anyway, they were out for a night of fun, nothing more… “let’s go.”

Both walked down to where the cruise ship was anchored and then on the ship; there also, like there had probably been at the theatre, was a red carpet. At least for these awards she wasn’t wearing strapped stupid shoes so no risk of falling. Ignoring most of the people around, keen to avoid any kind of journalists who would want her comment on not winning an award, she looked right in front of her to the entrance, almost dragging the horse boy behind her.

earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Khiran » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:59 am

The flurry of activity in the hours before the awards ceremony was done had left most of the crew exhausted. Their merciless task-master, aka the Scribe, had worked them to exhaustion to get every inch of the ship ready for the flood of party-goers to soon arrive.

And arrive they did in short order. By dock, boat, or other more inventive means, the festivity-seekers boarded the ship and at once set to the business of relaxing and enjoying themselves. Khiran was busy carrying luggage to the various cabins that had been booked for extended voyagers, as well as aiding those who chose the traditional row-boat approach to scale the ladders and board the ship.

A slight scuffle was heard at the bar as a misunderstanding of whether alcohol was available or no was quickly squelched by the appearance of the Scribe on the scene. Khiran continued to tend to the various necessary tasks, but before long it seemed as if he might get a chance to rest a moment. He closed his eyes and leaned back against the ship-rail. But Khiran had barely had two seconds to draw breath as the Scribe began to order him about again. 'Clean that up, take that down, do this, do that..' he mumbled under his breath as he hoofed it about the ship following her instructions.

He was overjoyed when she at last rubbed her eyes and announced she was going to get some well-deserved rest. "At last, the dragon returns to its lair," he mumbled.

She spun around. "What did you say?" the Scribe growled.

"erm.. I said.. uh.. 'ah.. the life of a Corsair!'" he quickly sputtered.

"Uhm hmmm," she replied, obviously not believing a word of it. "Follow me."

"Can I bring you anything?" Khiran offered as they strode across the deck.

"Single malt scotch," she said, rubbing her temples as she walked intently towards her cabin.

He quickly ducked behind the bar and retrieved the desired liquid, then high-tailed it after her. Damn her long legs and longer stride! Was impossible to keep up with her.

"Anything else?" he asked when he at last caught up and handed her the glass. "Blanket? Hot water bottles?"

"No, thanks," she mumbled.

"What about something to eat?" he pressed.

"No."

"Toast?"

"No."

"Biscuits?"

"NO."

"Muffin?"

"NOTHING."

The door slammed shut just before Khiran could follow her inside. He managed to just avoid getting his toes caught and his nose flattened. A second later it opened again and the Scribe quickly hung a sign on the door before slamming it shut again. The sound of the bolt being locked was distinctly audible as Khiran read the sign.

"MUST REST, do not Disturb. Go away. Yes, this means you... and you too!"

"And Khiran...," she grated from behind the door.

"Yes, Scribe?"

"If I am disturbed, I'm holding you personally responsible."

He blanched. "Of course. Nothing shall disturb you, I swear it by the endless sands of Harad and the bottomless seas of...."

"FINE, whatever. Just.. do it," she snapped.

'Well at least I can sit down for this one,' he thought, sliding down the wall to sit the floor.
Khiran
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Frelga » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:49 am

Ah, this was perfect! The small boat rose and fell with the easy waves, and Frelga rocked with the motion. Her husband was rowing, giving her a magnificent view of his muscular shoulders, chest and arms at work. She wondered if she could persuade him to remove his shirt to… umm… to make sure it didn't get splashed with salt water before the party.

Too soon, the boat carrying the Rohan couple approached the ship. Dark water sparkled with the light of countless lamps; sounds of laughter fell from the board and bounced off the waves. Gylfa lifted the oars, and returned his wife's admiring look. Frelga's dress was of turquoise silk with lacey overlay, sparkling with silver embroidery. The color set off the periwinkle blue of her eyes and the pale gold of her hair, the cut flattered her womanly curves. Bard's pin glinted on Frelga's shoulder.

"You look lovely," the Rider said. His voice trailed off, leaving the "but" unspoken.

Frelga laughed. "Come with me," she pleaded, taking his hand. It felt so large, and warm, and strong. "Even if you spend the night hiding away in the dark hold. I can sneak in from time to time to share a mug of ale with you, and that would be much preferable to being there all alone."

"Alone?" Gylfa teased, and she laughed again.

"Come with me," she repeated, taking his other hand. "Please?" Gylfa wanted to come, of course, even if it meant mingling with a crowd of strangers. Frelga's cheeks dimpled and her voice dropped to a low, throaty purr. "Without you, I am always alone," she breathed.

A very short time later, the couple appeared on the deck, their hands still entwined.
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Jaeniver » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:45 am

The deep blue colour of the sea changed from greens to sometimes even purple shades with every rolling wave that hit the ship but never more then a gentle nudge. It was beautiful.And even the sounds of seagulls were no longer hard shrieks but another element that made this beautiful picture what it was. A majestic cruise ship on open water. The main deck buzzing with excitement from the just passed award show. A place to reflect and cherish. Jaeniver stood by the bow looking out over the coastline holding on to the railing. Softly the sea wind caress her face with drops of water and it was a welcome refreshment after the frenzy she had been in for the last few weeks. It was over now and things would calm down. Thre dress will be returned, the shoes safely put away for next year’s white council awards.

As she stood like this reflecting , pondering ,call it what you willl,Her keen eye spotted a face emerging on the red carpet below who made a smile appear on her face.

‘So she has come. Afterall.’

She turned around now facing the staircase from which she’d appear. The one that always tried to avoid social activities who even avoided the awards themselves but could never avoid a plead from a friend.

Please, come to the after party then. See, I stopped trying to convert you into go to the awards themselves at least come to the party. When else will I ever see you if not then. It has been too long, far too long and it has made my mind weary. You give me strength. I am wearied by our slow communication through letters.Letters have no face, they have no smile and no voice.

Come see me.

The letter had been sealed and send away. Never did she get a reply and had lost hope she would even come on the day of the awards. But she had come, she was here now ascending the stairs. But the head that appeared first made her eyes go wide first then narrowed. Was he taking her friend? Jae took a deep breathe. Now she had to prepare herself mentally for his coming.
Jaeniver
Not all those who wander are lost

Postby prmiller » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:47 am

Thewhitetree had been the epitome of grace and discretion during the
awards ceremony. Parm's disappearance was no accident, but the most magnanimous of gestures to help him recover from unexpected exertion. What had happened was this: While Parm and thewhitetree had been working overthewhitetree's poem,
he could not help but notice the gradual change in Parm. What had begun as a drop of perspiration, soon grew to became a wet sheen, and Parm became ashen, almost paper-white.
Not a word had been said, but a note was scribbled on the bottom of the paper: "You'd best leave and rest. I'll cover for you." Parm gravely
nodded, and Pips, ever the great help, made a little distraction so that Parm could slip out unseen. It worked so well, that barely anyone
noticed his absence...until the awards had been presented.
An able-bodied attendant quickly sensed Parm's distress, and whisked him into a small, but immaculately prepared antechamber, away from noise and enquiring eyes.
Great care was taken to make sure the aged bard was laid in the
soft bed, and with flawless decorum, he was allowed to undress and slip
into a sleeping gown, and would be awakened, once the ceremonies were
over. A cup, with various healing herbs, was set beside him, and the
attendant watched patiently as Parm strugged to finish the concoction,
not because of its taste, but because of his great weariness.

"Master Parm," the attendant spoke kindly, but firmly, " I will be outside your room. Ring if you need aid. You will be wakened when you are better and the After Awards party has begun. Now, please rest."
At that, the attendant turned, and left Parm to rest.

Name after name was called, but when Parm's was mentioned, there
were great cheers, and congratulatory shouts. Was Parm oblivious to
this? Not in the slightest, for what had been mixed into the herbal
infusion was an herb of Numenorean descent, what kings of old had
called "the dream flower". This innocent herb allowed kings to rest, and
yet be aware of the affairs of their court. They would be untrammelled by any stress or excitement, yet know all that had transpired. They simply dream-watched, and contentment flowed through them. Upon awakening, they would be well-informed as to all that had happened, yet be fully rested to execute any summary judgements or clarity finer points of law.

Thus, while Parm was swept away in this most beneficent of slumbers, he could enjoy the revelry and pageantry of the evening.

Discreetly, thewhitetree smiled, knowing that Parm was in good care. Yes, it was sad that Parm could not physically attend, but considering all the fellow had endured of late, it was a marvel he had even arrived at all!
Very few were put out by Parm's apparent absence, but those in the know were well aware that Parm was being well attended.

All too swiftly, the night came to an end. Another hour slipped by and
the attendant came into the room, this time with a bowl of steaming
water, infused with athelas, the humble kingsfoil, that had the ability to
awaken anyone from the very doorsteps of eternal sleep. The bowl was
set near the head of the bead, and the aroma had the desired effect.
Parm's eyelids fluttered gently, then opened. The room was softly lit, so
there was no discomfort with the first light. His travelling cloak and special outfit had been steamed and pressed. His staff had been polished,
and his boots warmed.

As Parm dressed, the attendant gave him a special card. "You will need
this to be admitted, Master Parm. Hold onto it tightly, and do not be
surprised as to its effects. You will find yourself on board a fine ship.
Do not be surprised if you are congratulated. You received two fine awards this, and if I may add, I think they were well-deserved, sir."

Parm felt his face tint, and he bowed his head slightly, then gently
thanked the attendant, pressed a silver coin into his palm, and was
helped out the door and down to the foyer and out where he could
travel freely.

Even as Parm moved, the scenery shifted and blended, once flagstone,
now polished wood, once the echo of stone, now the majesty rush of
the sea. Parm was among friends again, and this time at a party where
he was not merely a guest, but an honored attendee. Some sweet young
lady rushed up to him with a steaming mug of coffee, and, as it had all
too well become known, his favorite kind of roll...oh! It had been glazed!
This was luxury! Parm's eyes curved into two gentle hills of delight,
and his mouth creased into a line of great contentment. There was, to
be sure, a sigh. Ah! What a wonderful night!
prmiller
I am Parm: Servant of Eru, Bard of Imladris

Postby Dindraug » Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:07 am

The sharp wind from the south brought the scents of distant Harad, the markets of Umbar and the mysterious jungles of the far south where strange cults worshipped forgotten gods.

“Still smells like Oliphant poo to me” muttered Dindraug, as he hung his tired head over the side of the small ketch.

“You have no sense of adventure, Avari. You have no romance in your soul” muttered the Witch Hunter who trimmed the sails and spliced his own main’brace.

“I spent fifty years mucking out Oliphants in those stinking jungles, Nindalf. You have no idea how that can denude you of romance.” Sputtered the Elf, as the popcorn he had so recently consumed made an unwelcome return.

“Ahh, leave the crusty old one to his misery. You know Elves don’t travel well at sea. That’s why they only do it once,” brayed Kalin el Dineen, scion of Umbar and master of the seas, and of this ship! and soon to be master of that galley in the Dol Amroth harbour, he thought. He glanced about him, noting that the sixteen small shrub-like Ents were all still dolled out in the traditional uniforms of the Umbar navy; eye-patches, spotted handkerchiefs around their little wooden heads and a stuffed parrot on each right shoulder (although ‘Stains’ had a seagull and his new first mate ‘Baits’ had an albatross he had killed, but the thought was there.)

Slowly, the ‘Black Pig’ crept ever closer to the hulk of the ‘Cruise ship’, (Cair Eîdhaer sounds so much more Middle Earth thought Dindraug in a moment of calm), and the glint in Kalin’s eye became more pronounced, like a nervous tick.

But they had forgotten the Limlug. In times past, this great fish had haunted the river basin of the Anduin and fishermen the length and breadth of the Gondorian coast told tales of the one that got away, and of fishermen dragged from boats, and dancing girls. There was some truth in their tales. The great fish cut through the water and slammed into ‘The Black Pig’, right under Din’s nose!

The Elf looked at the fish and saw in those deep ancient eyes not wisdom and experience, but something more profound; hunger!

The ship gave a lurch and started to split, spilling Bonsai Ent sailors everywhere, and sliding a whole plethora of characters into one lightly soiled and stubby looking mass at the prow of the ship.

“We need help,” shouted Dindraug “Nindalf, use that magic ring you have.”

“Ah yes, my magic wishing ring, resolves any action”. The, normally magic-hating purist slipped his finger into his pocket, and promptly vanished. “Oops, not that one”. He reappeared, rummaging again and tried once more. “Oops!” he cried as he started to float upwards, against the laws of Physics and Tolkien. “Errrr,” he tried another, and suddenly seaweed covered the boat. “Bugg-“ he stated as he fumbled again and balls of fire appeared and set the mast and the sail alight. Nindalf looked stunned for a second, and then plummeted out of the sky and landed with an “Oooompf!” on the Balrog who was still tagging along.

“Magic sword, somebody must have a magic sword, what sort of a RP crew are you?” shrieked Woman of Secret Shadow. Her hair shimmered in the light and, were those wings?

“I have Caelim, the Magic Fish Sickening Blade of Gondolas, created in the mists of time and with that ominous feel to it that I stole from my stepfather when he tried to kill my sister in a sacrifice to Morgoth. That may help” said Nindalf, brightly.

“Did it work?” said the Woman.

“What the sacrifice? Not sure, I only mention it to make me look cool. Dad sold fish in the market in Pelagic, but that doesn’t get me any ladies,” said Nindalf sheepishly. He drew the mighty weapon, and those others on the sinking ship gazed in awe at the six inch chopping blade. Looking over the side, he looked for the Limlug, but it had vanished, like the mystery it was.

Still, he did see that the ‘cruise ship’, (Cair Eîdhaer sounds so much more Middle Earth thought Dindraug again) was mere feet away from them, and a ladder had been lowered by a bemused looking SilverScribe. She watched as the sodden, charred and bedraggled looking group clambered up onto the deck, and handed them all a small complementary bottle of Rum.

“You know the rules Elf, and they don’t include a menagerie. Into your magic sack they go.” She looked stern, and Din sighed and ordered the group onto the collapsible cottage he kept in his pocket. There they would wait until such time as they were needed.

Slapping a sticky badge saying “Best Male Role Player” onto his broad chest, in case folks did not recognise him, Din slipped into the crowd in search of a good wine.
Dindraug
Ranger of the North

Postby Herger » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:58 am

Herger stepped out of the shower, toweling himself off while watching the last few awards being presented. "Wilko, eh? Good bloke, that. Deserves it. Entwifelost, too?.. Well that went well," he muttered as he pulled his trousers on.

Wiping some deodorant under his arms, he donned his usual shirt, then put on a thick wool tunic on over. It was reportedly colder on ships. Herger cringed slightly.

When he was finished at last, he clicked the TV off and headed down the hall to Eari's room. A quick knock and she opened. He smiled. She was beautiful.. no, stunning... she was .. was..

"Let's go."

He held his arm. She seemed to stare at him a moment before she actually took it. Herger tried to decide if that was a good sign. She did take it, but.. ah well.. he escorted her down to the.. *gulp* harbour where the ship was anchored.

They walked onto the small ferry that was taking passengers out and Herger's palms began to sweat. When they reached the ship, she had to drag him on board, much to her annoyance, and Herger could already feel himself growing weasy.

She was intent on getting on and past the crowds of reporters and onlookers and hardly noticed his anxiety, instead making a bee-line for Jae who had come into her sight. Herger's face paled. Oh could this get any worse? He looked nervously out at the water as Eari made her way through the crowd, horse-boy in tow.

"I'll, um... I'll get drinks," he mumbled. He'd face just about anything but that elf at the moment, and he walked on somewhat unsteady legs over to the bar. "I'll take three of whatever the strongest drink is you have.. oh and a glass of your best Dorwinion for the lady." He was glad she wasn't around to hear that.

He waited with baited agony as the bartender filled the orders placed before his, and at last set three glasses of ... something, Herger didn't bother to find out what, and a glass of wine before him. He quickly downed two of them, then picked up the last and the wine and wove his way back through to Eari.

Pointedly avoiding looking over the side of the boat didn't seem to do much for the anxiety as the rolling of the ship was still quite obvious. But soon, he hoped, he'd be so drunk he wouldn't notice.
Herger
Rider of the Mark

Postby Bardhwyn » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:58 am

“Thanks Larry!” Bardy called into the open limo door. She shut it with lips thinly pressed, clearly holding back a string of expletives.

“I cannot BELIEVE we got stopped by a Knight. For speeding, no yet! Doing 42 in a 35 mile an hour zone… what is WITH that?!” Bardy sputtered. In her hands she held her handbag and her Manola shoes while she carefully picked her way to the concrete stairs leading to the pier. The Knights present did a very good job at keeping the various paparazzi and spectators at a good distance. Below several small boats bobbed, each awaiting their After Party passengers, each kitted out with oars, life preservers and self-illuminating fairy lights. In the Bay of Belfalas the cruise ship was anchored and from it wafted the strains of lively music and laughter.

“Well, perhaps they thought we could afford a ticket?” Façade offered. He wasn’t fussed by the hold up – after all it happened while he was in a chauffeured limousine with leather interior, a full bar and a pleasant companion – all after an exciting, albeit at one point exacerbating, evening.

“Well I ain’t paying for it.” Bardy mumbled under breath. “What, they think RP characters are rich? We aren’t!” Façade shook his head in sympathy. They both turned for a few obligatory photo shots in response to the calls: "OVER HERE!"

“All I have is what my writer gives me.” Bardy said turning to take in the view of the Bay. “And all I can say is THANK THE GODS she has good taste in clothes. Your writer does, too.” Bardy said with a smile as Façade stopped along side her. He bowed slightly.

“Well, I have you and the Scribe to thank for the maintenance of said clothes.” Façade replied. In response Bardy brushed a bit of dust off the Fool’s shoulders and fixed his pocket-handkerchief. “What are friends for?” She said quietly.

Bardy took her attention back to the Corsair ship - it was magnificent!

“My, oh my! Will you look at that!?” Bardy said with a tone of awe.

“Come!” Façade playfully ordered, taking Bardhwyn’s hand, “Your skiff awaits, m’lady. And I, your able seaman shall row…”

“I can row…” Bardy tried to object.

“M’lady, in that gown I think it prudent you not over exert yourself.” Façade replied with a modest but knowing look.

“Ah, perhaps you’re right, Façade.” Bardy answered with a blush. “Carry on!”

Once on board one of the skiffs the waters of the Bay immediately calmed, as if by design – so to accommodate the revelers in obtaining their goal; safe passage to the Castamir, the flagship of Corsair Dream Lines.

As Façade rowed, he sang. It was a lovely song about a maiden whose love had gone to sea for seven long years and the maiden waited, rebuking anyone else who tried to woo her.

As she listened Bardy allowed one hand to drape over the starboard side of the skiff and trail in the water, fanning ripples out behind them as they slid over the calm water.

The song continued: The seaman returned, the sea having changed him and his maiden love knew him not so, of course, when he attempted to woo her, she refused him – refused him until he disclosed his identity to her by showing the ring she gave him. She promptly fainted, of course, as all maidens do in songs of love regained and the seaman kissed her three times to wake her.

Upon hearing this young maid’s good fortune Bardy’s chest began to ache. She pulled her hand in from the water and pretended to wipe tiredness from her eyes, hoping her wet fingers would mask the brimming tears.

“What a lovely song!” Bardy said, repositioning herself and hoping her deception had been successful. “Say, do you know ‘Green Grow the Rushes, O!? That is one of my favorites. Ah, we’re coming up to the ships floating dock…no time now…” She added, pointing to the dock and stair that was constructed alongside the ship.

“HUULLLOOO!” A voice rang out from above. Both Façade and Bardy looked up and each were immediately showered with stale popcorn.

“I have been wanting to do that all night!” Din called out.

Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby earendil81 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:21 am

Upon arriving she noticed Jaeniver had changed from the dress she had worn for the Awards and she was now in a deep purple dress: Eari would never understand the need of the elf to display so many different clothes in one day… but it brought a smile on her face.

“I'll, um... I'll get drinks”, the horse boy mumbled behind her and for some reason he did not sound much confident, but before she could ask he was gone. She shrugged; he was probably far from delighted to see Jae for those two had a problem with one another, and though eari had never known what it was exactly, she could imagine. She glanced at Herger as he reached the bar before she turned and walked the last meters that separated her from Jae.

As she reached her friend and saw the light in her eyes, she stopped dead. She knew what was coming: a hug… she prepared herself before she finally opened her arms just as Jae reached for her.

“Well met my friend,” she said, though her voice held the slight anxiety she felt at being hugged in public. She found herself wishing Herger would be back quickly with something to drink. "I see you've changed." she ended, to tell Jae that she had watched the Awards though she had not been to them... and to point out to her friend that she had made a huge effort for her yet again (:P :P)
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Jaeniver » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:43 am

OOC-Bardy LMAO!!!:D :D :D

Jae laughed heartily as she let go of her friend. Ah yes, Indeed it was true. Eari had made a huge effort. “And I am thankful you have. Your effort has paid off.You look stunning.” Jae replied as she motioned Eari to turn around and show off her clothes. The peredhel did as she was asked to do but not without one helpless glance at Herger’s direction who would be a welcome distraction right about now.

‘And yes, I changed. Again.” she added with a wink. “What was I suppose to do? The red was far too difficult for a cruise. I need to move and breathe.”

“Is that not required during awards shows then?” Eari frowned clearly missing an important rule in Jae’s book of etiquets. She shrugged it would be a while longer before she’d have them all memorised. The elf wavered her question away with a hint of a smile and Eari rolled her eyes. She could be impossible at times.

“Talking about show, when did your ‘date’ show up?” She nodded in the direction of Herger who was impatiently awaiting for his drinks to be served at the bar and glanced at eari from time to time. She eyed the Rohirrim and gave him a regarding nod albeit not welcomingly.

“One horseboy makes way for the other it seems.” She mumbled to herself. Bréhon had said his goodbyes after the show. Work was calling once again.
Jaeniver

Postby earendil81 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:38 pm

“Talking about show, when did your ‘date’ show up?” Eari followed Jae's glance to the horseboy and smiled shrugging: Herger wasn't exactly her date but Jae would always call him this way, if only to tease her a bit. “One horseboy makes way for the other it seems,” the Lady mumbled.

Eari looked back at her. "Bréhon had to leave...", she whispered as if she had only noticed. "I'm sorry. As for Herger, well first of all he isn't my date. He just offered to come with me and you should be glad cause I probably wouldn't have come had I been on my own." She chuckled slightly.

"And well I could say he showed at the precise time he meant to. And the precise time I expected him as well, somehow... You know neither of us are fond of this red carpet thing... But then," she added, "he doesn't seem to be really happy to be here either, what do you think?"
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Jaeniver » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:59 pm

Jae leaned back against the white railing, letting the wind sooth her stirring sadness. Eari had been right. He had to leave. He could not be blamed. She should be thankful he had even bothered to dress up and escort her at all! “Red carpets don’t seem to be any Rohirrim’s thing.” She finally said shifting her gaze back to Eari who nodded in agreement.

“Though your Rohirrim-don’t interupt me!-does indeed not seem to fully enjoy his stay on this luxurious ship and in such fine company. “ A frown brushed her face as she looked at Herger, his face not at all his relaxed self. ‘Can dress him up but can’t take him anywhere.’ She thought shaking her head.

“Really Eari, well if he is the reason you’re here I shall thank him.” And Jae crossed her arms, looking highly amused at Eari who was already half way through a defending speech on Herger’s behalf when she realised she was doing exactly what Jae had hoped she’d do.

She got a glare in jeste in return and Jae could not help but to laugh. “I am sorry dear, I couldn’t help myself. You left me no choice!”
Jaeniver

Postby Herger » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:13 pm

Herger managed to just avoid knocking into several people, spilling the drinks, getting sick, and abaonding ship all together by the time he had made it back to Eari and Jae. He tried not to make eye contact with the elf, handing the wine to Eari who had a most unamuzed look on her face, in contrast to the highly amuzed look on Jae's.

"Everything alright?" he asked.

"Yes perfect..." she said, then paused before adding, "Well, apparently not for you."

"I'm fine," he said stiffly, taking about half his drink down in one gulp. 'Or will be soon,' he added in thought. A roll to the ship made him sway uneasily. He was glad he hadn't eaten anything; the last thing he wanted to do was feed the fish.

"If I'm interrupting anything.." he began but Eari quickly cut him short. "No, not at all."

Herger forced a quick smile before letting his eyes momentarily wander over the edge of the ship, then firmly planted them back on board.

"Jae was just mentioning that Bréhon had to leave," Eari offered.

Herger frowned. His one last hope of good male company was dashed on the rocks. "That's too bad," he mumbled.
Herger
Rider of the Mark

Postby Ugluk » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:39 pm

Ugluk was in a bad mood. After winning two awards, his back had been slapped so many times that both of his shoulders were red, swollen, inflamed, painful to the slightest touch. Not only that, his date had keeled over in exhaustion at the Awards and no amount of shaking had awakened her.

He was seated in the rowboat, rowing quickly towards the ship, breathing hard, mind preoccupied by the thought of an ice-cold beer, followew by a couple lime daquiris and then relaxing by the poolside.

Ordinarily he wouldn't be rowing, since every boat came stocked with a dashing young sailor for rowing. This particular sailor, unfortunately, had seen the stickers on Ugluk's suit lapels that said, "Hello, My Name is Ugluk, I'm Up For TORC Knee Slapper, And I Won". (with the 'I Won" part scribbled in with black Magic Marker). Ugluk was the sailor's first winner of the night, so far he'd only farried some rather bitter losers out to the boat. He congratulation Ugluk, using long words, shook his hand, and slapped Ugluk on the shoulder. The flash of pain was enough for Ugluk to seize the sailor by the jacket and fling him into the icy water.

Reaching the boat, Ugluk grabbed a line and swarmed up onto the boat. Nodding greetings to several other people milling around, Ugluk headed for the bar, chugging a beer down in a few swallows. Slowly the pain started to fade.

"Bartender!" Ugluk snapped some fingers. The bartender, a evil-looking man in a black cape, face shadowed, swished over, twiddling his metal-covered thumbs.

"Couple of lime daquiris, please, and step on it."

The bartender gave Ugluk an evil glare, whipped up the daquiris, dropped them to the floor, and stomped the glass into the floorboards. Making a rude gesture, he stomped off.

Raising his eyebrows a titch, Ugluk made his own daquiris, and headed out poolside. He sat down on a deck-chair, and stared into the warm water, sipping his daquiri, waiting for something interesting to happen....
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby earendil81 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:43 pm

(The peredhel who is far from happy to be dressed up to the nines is now standing between two friends who are both in a dark mood. What is she going to do? Can she even do anything? Well we'll see.)

"I'm fine", he had said but he didn't look fine at all; he looked rather green and as if he were about to get sick, but apparently he didn't want her to know, so she resumed the conversation.

Herger's seemed to sink deeper as she announced him Bréhon had not made it to the after party. And when he commented on it, Jae's answer was an almost silent snif. Eari looked from one to the other, her mind screaming "hey! stop doing this you!"

"Ok, this will not do you two," she stated. "I am supposed to be the one depressed at being here, dressed as a doll that's not managed to find clothes that don't look as if they had never been finished" she said stepping back away from them and turning around again. She knew she was looking ridiculous - and doing something she would never do normally, she wasn't some kind of animal to be shown in a circus - but if it took that to draw a smile out of one of those two's lips then she would.
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby SilmevanaIriel » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:52 pm

Some of her tension was beginning to wear off. Upon entering she had been greeted warmly by very friendly Elle, whom she had seen at the Awards as well. They introduced themselves and then Elle had led her over to a table and she was introduced also to Don and Kris.
"Please, all of you are welcome to call me Silma. I'm so glad I'm finally meeting some new people!! Wasn't the show just thrilling? I was on the edge of my seat most of the night."

Silma lifted a beautiful crystal glass filled with sparkling wine off of a passing tray and beagn to sip at it as she chatted with the other girls and surveyed the rest of the room.
SilmevanaIriel
Shield Bearer

Postby Herger » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:24 pm

"I am supposed to be the one depressed at being here, dressed as a doll that's not managed to find clothes that don't look as if they had never been finished" She twirled around in a strange little dance and Herger just stared at her, straight faced and tight lipped.

He looked at Jae, then looked back at Eari. She didn't like her clothes? She was the depressed one? Fine. "Fine," he said, "Come on." He grabbed her wrist, flatly ignoring her protests, and led her across the ship, through the make-shift market and to the stern where he shuffled her into a changing tent. "Get into something... different," he said, "and I'll meet you in the pool."

Turning, he came face-to-face with the annoyed elf who had followed them from the other end of the ship. "You too," he said, pushing her in after Eari.

Inside the tent, the women were faced with a multitude of bathing suits to choose from. Herger, on the other hand, was glad that men had pretty much one option, and changed into his swim shorts; green with little white horses on them, of course. Then found the hot spa and slipped into the warm waters.

"AAAaaaahhhhhhhhh." He melted into the in-spa seat and sipped his drink. This was better. He couldn't feel the roll quite so bad in the water.
Herger
Rider of the Mark

Postby Donernilwen » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:26 pm

Just after she had gotten up and turned away from the now sleeping Toby,
Don saw Elle and a red headed woman (Elf?) walking towards her.

Meanwhile, the little theater rat (whose name she had just learned, was William) she had somehow managed to pick up on the way here, found his way back to Kris's side.

"Hello again, you two," said Elle. "This is Silmevana. Silmevana, this is Don, and this is Kris."

"It's very nice to meet you." Kris and Don said at the same time.
Don, though, was a bit surprised that Kris still had a polite bone in her body since she had drunk so much already.

Silmevana replied, "It's nice to meet you. too."

As the four girls (and the rat) began chatting, Don noticed some familiar faces coming aboard. She silently made mental notes to go round and talk to a few of them later.

"Please, all of you are welcome to call me Silma. I'm so glad I'm finally meeting some new people!! Wasn't the show just thrilling? I was on the edge of my seat most of the night."

Don nodded in reply as she took a sip of her red wine.

Kris just let out a short "pft" and then began laughing.
She was then cut short by the VERY threatening glare that Don shot her.

"Why don't you and rat- I mean, Will go find something to do?" Don said, obviously trying to get rid of her embarrassing alter ego and her ever so charming date.
" I hear there is a fantastic pool."

Catching the tone of voice her writer was using, Kris thought that might be the best idea.
"Common Will.” She said yanking at his hand
as she left to the direction of the bar.

"Sorry, I don't know what’s gotten into her...well actually I do. Quite a bit of alcohol. But, honestly, she never acts like this. It's actually worrying me a bit." Seeing the look of bewilderment on her companion’s faces, she began again-
"It's just she is the most conservative person I know." But I'm sure she'll be fine after she gets some good sleep."
Donernilwen
Ranger of the North

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)