Ruins of Barad Dur

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Wandering but not lost » Mon Dec 18, 2000 11:52 pm

"Ahh tis a good night stranger."<BR>{i]a green jerkined man entered the tavern of the Prancing Pony and sat next to the blue cloaked man slowly drinking a glass of water. The blue clocked stranger looked up and then back at his glass.</i><BR><BR>"Hey? What's a matter? Shouldn't ya try drinking something a little harder to drain away your troubles?" <i>He gave the bluie cloaked man a firm slap on the back and jestered the bartender to serve him a drink a tad bit stronger.</i><BR><BR>"Who are ya anyway? Some sort of blue cloaked silent type huh? What even is your name?"<BR><i>The jerkined traveler shed a sly half smile that seemed as if awkwardly friendly.</i><BR>"Even thoguh I am obviously the talkative one I'll tell you my name. It's Aberath. I'm just lookign for a friend. By the looks of things your blue cloak hints a tad bit of desire to solitude so..."<BR><BR><BR><i>The wanderer interrupted.</i> "My name is my own since you may call me Wandering. I am only here temporarily till I find another journey to fulfill. I search for something greater than all my travels have brought me. I want an end to my pain; a cure for the past save death or amnesia. I want a mediator between the time periods so to speak."<BR><BR><i>The man smiled.</i> "really? Well if its a journey you want boy do I have one in stock!" <i>He jumped up onto his chair and announced to the crowd in a heraldic voice.</i><BR><BR>"Here ye men and women of this fair inn." <i>The people and faint gossip focused upon his voice and was silenced.</i> "We, my friend and myself, seek a journey beyond all imagination. This epic is meant for not the weak. Those who chose to go..." <i>Wandering, feeling rather embarassed, pulled the man from his perch on top of the chair. the ground was not a friendly cusion.</i><BR><BR><i>Aberath looked unfriendly at first though lightened up.</i><BR><BR>"I see, you want to go incognito..."<BR><BR>"Yes, secrecy is what one must use if they plan to find the ruins of Barad Dur. Few would be willing to allow such a thing. the evil taht remians would be to resilient if they knew what was there... But, one advantage of your rash display is that it would be nice to have a nice entourage of people to travel with. This is definitly going to be one of those eic journeys; the ones taht make legends."
Wandering but not lost
Mariner

Postby asaris » Tue Dec 19, 2000 10:43 am

Benoit heard the overloud pronouncement of the jerkined man, and did not give much heed to it. Such people came to the Prancing Pony every once in as while, advertising some epic journey. Such journeys usually broke up within a few days due to some conflict of personality or lack of interest. But when he heard the blue-cloaked one whisper Barad-dur, and so quietly that even Benoit, with his excellent hearing, could barely hear it, he picked up his ears to listen to what else the man had to say.
asaris
Ranger of the North

Postby Fen » Tue Dec 19, 2000 11:25 am

Fen's hand stopped probing the blue coated mans interior pockets. Barad Dur well many such adventures had died but Fen did not care such and adventure could be fun.
Fen
Shield Bearer

Postby Jareth » Tue Dec 19, 2000 5:23 pm

Zatar sat in the corner and almost laughed.It was an amusing sight.The elf drank the rest of his ale and watched curiously.He was bored anyway,why not?
Jareth
Rider of the Mark

Postby Wandering but not lost » Tue Dec 19, 2000 6:15 pm

<i>Wandering, figuring that some people may be curious to join decided to walk over to a small open table near the edge of the tavern by the fireplace. It was quiet there with the faint cinders sparking up every so often though not overtly flaring. Anyone who wanted to join, he was sure, would pull up a chair.</i><BR><i>Aberath pulled up a chair and wandering sighed.</i>
Wandering but not lost
Mariner

Postby asaris » Tue Dec 19, 2000 10:26 pm

Benoit pulled up a chair next to Wandering. "Ya seem a bit familiar; have we met before? I'm Benoit, an' I get around a bit. Seems I might've seen yer face somewhere."
asaris
Ranger of the North

Postby Jareth » Wed Dec 20, 2000 8:52 pm

Zatar also pulled up a chair.But he said nothing.He figured they knew what he wanted. "I'm Zatar," was all he said, "always looking for an adventure."<BR><BR>He smiled strangely.
Jareth
Rider of the Mark

Postby Wandering but not lost » Fri Dec 22, 2000 7:47 pm

<i>Wandering smiled a similar smile, to the stranger, in return.</i><BR><BR>"good. Well then we shall be first heading to a small trade center South East of here. There is a man there who supposedly may know of a possible short cut that is yet unheard of. I shall be following the Greenway road and crossing teh river Mitheithel if any of you are still interested on coming. There, at the ford, is the trade center."<BR><BR><i>A black cloaked shadow was felt entering the tavern. Wandering glanced over and ducked down.</i><BR><BR><i>Aberath was flirting rather loudly with a nearby bar maiden.</i><BR><BR>"Anyway." <i>He glanced over his shoulder and seemed anxious.</i><BR>"We must be going about now. I am sure if anyone else is interested they can meet us enroute. i have never known tehre to be much danger on these routes." <i>He saw the figure walk upstairs.</i><BR><BR>"Then again, I have also not known anyone planning on going where we are going."<BR><BR><i>He grabbed Aberath who was still talking. With a sweeping tug he pulled him out and signaled them to follow.</i><BR><i>When they exited the tavern a black cloaked figure stood across the road. Wandering pulled out his sword and Aberath pulled out a broadsword.</i><BR><i>Wandering was not looking for a fight and hoped perhaps the numbers of their party could frighten him off. The dark shadow stood resolute and slowly advanced.</i><BR>
Wandering but not lost
Mariner

Postby Jareth » Sat Dec 23, 2000 5:44 pm

Zatar drew his sword and glanced at Wandering. "Friend of yours?," he asked,with a slight grin.His eyes flashed excitedly.
Jareth
Rider of the Mark

Postby eliana » Mon Dec 25, 2000 8:09 pm

"friend or foe ive never cared for black, on other people that is"<BR>a few heads turned, what they saw was a female, eliana, if any were surprised that a traveler was a female, that she obviously wanted to join the troupe, and that she seemed able, none showed it, they did, however, note she was stranger to the land, they had not seen her before, but a few who did not turn had, and recognized the voice
eliana
Mariner

Postby nazgul_lord » Wed Dec 27, 2000 12:53 am

The black cloaked stranger sheathed his sword. <BR>Drawing near to Wandering, he said, "I would warn you away from your quest, for only death awaits those who seek Barad-dur. Yet, if you are so foolhardy as to continue, I may yet accompany you. I will not travel with companions who may prove a liability, however. I shall observe your party for a time, and if you should prove to be resolute in spirit and strong of sinew, then we will speak again. Do not attempt to find me, I will find you when the time comes." <BR>Returning to the shadows of the night, the stranger looked on as the company made preparations to leave.
nazgul_lord
Mariner

Postby Wandering but not lost » Wed Dec 27, 2000 11:25 pm

"I shall follow my quest. I am aware of the danger and strong enough of 'sinew' to at least make a fair attempt."<BR><BR><i>He signaled the travelers and they began to move.</i><BR><BR><i>]Wandering turned to the woman</i><BR><BR>"I am sorry. I mistook you for someone else."<BR><BR><BR><i>As they left the town towards the ford, the town lights seemed strangely dim against the sky.</i><BR><BR>"We shall be experiencing much darkness on this journey. Are you sure that you are all willing?"<BR><BR><i>In the distance there was the faint sound of wolves.</i>
Wandering but not lost
Mariner

Postby Ringmaster » Thu Dec 28, 2000 2:40 am

<i> They all saw a figure rising at the horizon, it was to dark to see who or what it was. <BR><BR>As they approached they could see a figure of a man and a bird on his shoulder.<BR><BR>It seemed the figure sad something to the bird, they hardly could hear it!<BR>The bird raised and started flying towards the group</i><BR><BR>
Ringmaster
Mariner

Postby Samwise-JR » Thu Dec 28, 2000 8:40 pm

sorry double post<BR>
Samwise-JR
Ranger of the North

Postby Samwise-JR » Thu Dec 28, 2000 8:52 pm

Samwise jr, had recently made a visit to Rivendell. He was getting bored of sitting around in the shire. He wanted to be more like his late father, the great Samwise. Upon ariving at Rivendell he talked to many farmiliar people and strangers too. He was looking for an adventure but couldn't find anyone who wanted to. So he decided to return to the shire. Samwise through his other travells befriended a raven named " silverclaw", and dicovered he could comunicate with the bird. They were the best of friends.<BR>Upon his return to the Shire he saw a group of strangers on the road.<BR>"silverclaw, go see if these strange people are friends or foes"<BR>silverclaw flew towards the group to get a better look, upon first glance one would think they were road bandits, but through closer inspection they were carrying impressive weapons. Silverclaw could also read the groups facial expressions and knew there intent was harmless. Flying back to Samwise he reported what he saw. He trusted his companion so he aproched the group.<BR><BR>Aberath was the first to aproach him<BR>" hail friend, we though we saw a man upon that rise, but we see now its only a child !"<BR><BR>the travellers all started to laugh mockingly.<BR><BR>" Aye, most do ! but you look upon no child. I am a hobbit of the shire, son of the great Samwise whoes name is my own. " declared Sam" But your eyes must play tricks on you for i am but half the size of a man !"<BR><BR>The travellers had heard about the great Samwise, and all looked at eachother with surprixe and joy. For they were glad to meet the child of a legend.<BR><BR>" so tell me where would such a group be heading, i'm looking for an adventure !"<BR><BR><BR><BR>
Samwise-JR
Ranger of the North

Postby asaris » Fri Dec 29, 2000 8:21 am

As the party left the town, they noticed that Benoit was no longer with them. Aberath suggested that they go back and wait for him, but Wandering said "No, he knows where we are going, and where he can meet us on the way." And so they continued...<BR><BR>--------------------<BR><BR>Benoit thought to himself. <i>This might be very interesting indeed. I'm sure my <b>dear</b> employer would want to know what's left at that tower.</i> He decided, however, not to follow the main group, since they did not seem for the most part to be experienced travelers, and Benoit preferred to travel along, anyway.
asaris
Ranger of the North

Postby Wandering but not lost » Sat Dec 30, 2000 12:04 am

<i>Wandering smiled beneath his hood</i><BR><BR>"It is nice to see a hobbit. I Am familiar with the tale of Sam. I hope he told you a little about Mordor. It is a place where it is not pleasant to be lost in. Then again I am never lost."<BR><BR><i>Wandering was boasting only mildly.</i><BR><BR>"I've never seen a hobbit before! Wow. That is areally something."<BR><BR><i>Aberath pulled out his flask.</i><BR>"Care for a drink anyone!"<BR><BR><i>Wandering sighed at his partner. He knew it may be a long journey.[i/]
Wandering but not lost
Mariner

Postby eliana » Sat Dec 30, 2000 11:36 am

sorry
eliana
Mariner

Postby eliana » Sat Dec 30, 2000 11:39 am

ignoring the offer, eliana turned to wandering<BR><BR>"you said a moment ago you mistook me for someone else, who might she be? ive never been known as anything but unique, so for one to say i have called another to mind is new, if you care not to answer, i do not mind, however i would like to know more about this quest i have joined, and why you have allowed me to accompany you, that too is something strange to me, where i am from i am turned away, considered untrustworthy for nothing more than my heritage and gender, there i am known, here i am not, so why take a chance?"<BR><BR>as she said this it was clear that she knew her heritage would make no difference here, but that she considered it strange indeed that they should accept a female, she had always thought that was the same everywhere, fend for herself and travel alone, or pretend to rely and the man and have unwanted company, unwanted for the sole reason they did not allow her to be her, to be even slightly independent
eliana
Mariner

Postby Ringmaster » Sat Dec 30, 2000 2:34 pm

<i>The bird made notice of what was happening and flew back.</i><BR>
Ringmaster
Mariner

Postby Jareth » Sat Dec 30, 2000 7:19 pm

I hate computers.
Jareth
Rider of the Mark

Postby Jareth » Sat Dec 30, 2000 7:20 pm

I really,really hate computers.
Jareth
Rider of the Mark

Postby Jareth » Sat Dec 30, 2000 7:22 pm

Zatar listened intently to all that was being said.He took the ale readily and smiled. "Thank you," he said.<BR><BR>He looked at the hobbit.Curious creature,he thought to himself.
Jareth
Rider of the Mark

Postby Samwise-JR » Sat Dec 30, 2000 9:12 pm

"I wouldn't mind a bit of that ale myself !! i'm feeling a bit parched." Samwise takes a big swig from the flask and replies " Sure isn't from the shire !"<BR><BR>" So why is it that such a group is heading to Mordor? i have heard a fair bit about the awfull place through my fathers tales ! I only have this to say, don't expect to do any site seeing... I've been to the borders of the land but never dared to enter. Silverclaw here doesn't even dare fly near the mountains. I still can fell some evil in that awful place, i you get what saying? It just doesn't feel proper like, yet!"<BR>" But i'm looking for an adventure, and i would be happy knowin i let you and your friends go on this trip without a Gamgee to look over the bunch of you! Now hand me that flask ! All this talkin is makin my mouth dry!"<BR><BR>
Samwise-JR
Ranger of the North

Postby Ringmaster » Sun Dec 31, 2000 1:11 pm

<i> When the bird arrived at the man, it landed on his shoulders, and the man disappeared </i><BR><BR><BR>OCC I will join later, when the group is formed or when the group is in trouble. I maybe show up when you least expect it.<BR><BR>
Ringmaster
Mariner

Postby Jareth » Tue Jan 02, 2001 6:02 am

Zatar grinned down at the hobbit. "Beats me," he replied, "but as I'm not being paid to do anything right now,I thought join them just for the heck of it.Though I will do my best when I am needed,don't doubt that."
Jareth
Rider of the Mark

Postby Samwise-JR » Wed Jan 03, 2001 12:18 am

"Well i guess i shouldn't have expected a warm welcome," sadi Sam grinning back at the stranger" , i did just barge right in and join you! so when are we going to continue this little journey, and i don't like having all these dark people poppin in and outa here"
Samwise-JR
Ranger of the North

Postby Jareth » Wed Jan 03, 2001 8:00 pm

Zatar shook his head. "It's alright," he said, "we'll start soon enough I think."
Jareth
Rider of the Mark

Postby Wandering but not lost » Thu Jan 04, 2001 12:46 am

"Yes We better be going. I will not stay too long after what my 'new friend' did a second ago in the tavern." <i>Wandering shot a cold glance at Aberath though the loud man did not understand the intention.</i> "Many people, good and bad, may take interest in our quest. I will tell you more a little farther from the city."<BR><BR><i>The group began to walk from the town exit. Their feet were mudded on the newly rain soaked earth. A storm had passed in the last few hours.</i><BR><BR><i>The light fog from the vestigial moisture was only an inconvenience. The travel experienced, like Wanderer, seemed unaffected by the humid lack of comfort. Aberath however was constantly throwing inplied complaints. About ten miles from town Wandering stopped and gathered the group.</i><BR><BR>"Now it is safe as it can be to tell you of the quest. I still must be careful in my detail. I plan to go to Barad Dur's ruins and seek for a rumored treasure vault. I had found a scroll in Minas Tirith one day when I was on my travels and it told that there was once some hold there that contained some of the dwarven ring's under Sauron's possession. The rings are obviously powerless with the loss of the one, yet the scroll implied there was other treasures there that may still hold value."<BR>"I am sorry for the lack of detail as I mentioned earlier. However I am quick for there are those who are after me. I am being hunted by things of which I know little about. Ihope that in the treasure hold I may find out more. When I saw Eliana in the shadows I mistook her for my pursuers. If there is a problem that this presents for anyone then I apologize. If there is too much danger posed by this later in the quest I will understand if I am no longer welcome. As well if anyone desires they are free to leave at any time."<BR><i>Wandering saw the sun setting and was hoping to cover some more distance before they set camp.</i>
Wandering but not lost
Mariner

Postby Jareth » Thu Jan 04, 2001 5:12 pm

Zatar hesitantly placed a hand on Wandering's shoulder,unsure if it was alright for him to touch the Wanderer. "Many times I have heard people say this," he said, "but never have I witnessed an outcasting as yet.I'm sure everyone here will no doubt agree with me when I say we will stick with you 'till the end."
Jareth
Rider of the Mark

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)