The Mirkwood Elven Alliance - Quest in the Pony in the works

The varied peoples of Middle-earth at times found unity in their pursuits, and all too often experienced deep rifts. Engage in lively conversations as we banter about the differences between the Alliances, and recruit for our People as well. Remember, keep it friendly.

The Mirkwood Elven Alliance - Quest in the Pony in the works

Postby MirkwoodCouncil » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:15 pm

The Mirkwood Elven Alliance

Welcome to the Mirkwood Elven Alliance, a place for all Mirkwood activities.. from fighting spiders to midnight feasts!

Here we celebrate the Mirkwood culture with fun and interesting groups, light RP, and discussions about life in Mirkwood. We encourage all of our members to use the Chatterbox Lounge in the Caves of Thranduil, but occasional chatting is fine. As to the light RPing, you may use your own character name. The setting is of course Mirkwood, and you can jump in whenever you want, as this is not an adventure RP. Things will have already been happening before you join, but anything that you might need to know will be listed further down on one of the later posts, on which all of the events and large happenings will be listed. All we ask is that you have fun! Jump in and add your own twist to the culture of Mirkwood!

Everyone is welcome to join the MEA. To join this alliance, we ask that you choose up to two activity groups to be a part of while requesting membership. The group lists can be found in the next post, along with a brief description of what the groups do.

To use the Mirkwood banner, click on the 'Profile' tab and choose 'House of Thranduil' from the list of banners at the bottom of the screen.

We will soon have an official RP thread in The Prancing Pony, where our Quest will take place. When that is set up a link and information will be posted here.

Please visit our website --here-- where you will find members' information, maps of Middle-earth, member art, Tolkien links, and more! We also have an EZboard forum, otherwise known as The Caves of Thranduil where we discuss group activities, have birthday parties, and chat.

The Mirkwood Elven Alliance is a democratic group which is run by a Council of 5 members, elected every 3 months. For an explanation of the voting system see the posts below.

The Council works under the TOS set forth by the administrators here at TORC. We subscribe to those rules on this thread, at the EZboards, the website, and our chatroom, and ask that the members of the MEA do so at all times as well.

All members are invited to make comments or suggestions about the Alliance either here or at the EZboards.

The Council bids you welcome and hopes that you feel at home in Mirkwood. :)
Last edited by MirkwoodCouncil on Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:49 am, edited 10 times in total.
MirkwoodCouncil
Citizen of Imladris

Postby MirkwoodCouncil » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:21 pm

Active Members List (Last updated on: 7/11/2007)

Linteannaiel (Lin)
Bethrael (Beth)
Aurelin
short_as_a_hobbit (Shorty)
Alassemiire_Arineel
Tanwen_Luthien
Robin_Greenleaf
Borin_Silversmith
blackthorn
Fingolfin_§
Isilwen_Inglorin
Legolas_Ringelf

Group List (Last updated on: 6/9/2006)

-Crafters (for the artistic elves)
Borin_Silversmith

-Archers (for the elves who like to take part in battles)
Aurelin
indril_greenleaf
Ilien
Alassemiire_Arineel
Wilwarin_Elerrina
Robin_Greenleaf
Fingolfin_§
Isilwen_Inglorin

-Musicians (for the peaceful elves who prefer poetry and music to battle)
Linteannaiel
Tanwen_Luthien
Nicolette_StormChaser
Borin_Silversmith
Legolas_Ringelf

-Clerics (for the thinking elf who enjoys mental exercise)
Linteannaiel
short_as_a_hobbit
Fingolfin_§
Legolas_Ringelf

-Heralds (for the elves who serve to carry news to the Alliance)
Ilien

-Linguists (for the elves who want to learn elvish, or those who are elvish experts (who could possibly teach those who wish to learn)
Aurelin
indril_greenleaf
short_as_a_hobbit
Alassemiire_Arineel
Wilwarin_Elerrina
Tanwen_Luthien
Robin_Greenleaf
Isilwen_Inglorin

-Provisioners (for the elves who take it in their hearts to supply our food)
Nicolette_StormChaser

-The Council (for info on how to become one of the 5 council members see the voting system below)
Aurelin
Linteannaiel (Lin)
short_as_a_hobbit (Shorty)

The full Membership logs (182!) can be found on our website
Members who have joined after the last update on the site:

(183) None_Elf_Ear
(184) Robin_Greenleaf
(185) Nicasam
(186) Celebros_Griffin13
(187) Nicolette_StormChaser
(188) Borin_Silversmith
(189) feldspar
(190) blackthorn
Last edited by MirkwoodCouncil on Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:26 pm, edited 22 times in total.
MirkwoodCouncil
Citizen of Imladris

Postby MirkwoodCouncil » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:26 pm

Groups - please pick up to TWO activity groups to be a member of.

Crafters - for the artistic elves

Activities:
Sharing artwork in any medium
Discussing Tolkien art & cartography
Planning group art projects

Why join this group?
If you enjoy drawing, painting, writing, sewing, sculpture or any other form of art, the Crafters group is a wonderful place to share your ideas, experiences, and, best of all, the work itself! Some of the Crafters' works are showcased on our website's art page.
The Crafters Group Forum at The Caves of Thranduil

Clerics - for the thinking elf who enjoys mental exercise

Activities:
Word games, riddles, trivia quizzes
Discussing the history and mythology of Middle Earth
Asking and answering those tricky questions about life, the universe and everything

Why join this group?
If you like to stretch your brain, discuss the minute details of Tolkien trivia or just play a simple word game, the Clerics group is for you. Current and potential philosophers, scholars, wizards, enchantresses, theologists and thinkers of all kinds will feel at home here.
The Clerics Group Forum at The Caves of Thranduil

Heralds - for those elves who want to share the latest TORC & LoTR news and gossip

Activities:
Discussing TORC, the movies, actors, books, DVDs and other new products
Ranking and evaluating products - finding out what's worth buying and what isn't
Passing on info and gossip about your favorite stars

Why join this group?
Do you enjoy talking about the LoTR movies? Do you fancy a good chat about Orli, Viggo, Elijah or Liv? Do you want to know if the FoTR game is worth buying, or have you bought it and want to give your opinion on it? Do you have all the latest news or juicy gossip? If the answer is yes, then join the Heralds group and let it all out on our own forum - go on, it's good to share!
The Heralds Group Forum at The Caves of Thranduil

Archers - for those interested in bows, arrows, and all things archery

Activities:
Discussing shooting methods
Prefered tools, brands, and types of archery equipment
Archery as shown in the LOTR movies

Why join this group?
Is your preferred weapon the bow? Are you an archer and need help keeping your aim tight and your sight right? Do you wish to speak with other archers to see what type of bow is right for you? Then this would be the place for you!
The Archers Group Forum at The Caves of Thranduil

Linguists - For those who wish to learn Elvish, or who could teach it to those who want to learn

Activities:
Discussing languages with a focus on those created by Professor Tolkien
Translating, primarily English to Quenya & Sindarin, and Sindarin & Quenya to English
Sharing links to reputable sites with Elvish information

Why join this group?
Do you enjoy writing Elvish poetry and need help translating or finding a good font? Then join the Linguist group. We discuss everything from name translations to creating your own language.
The Linguist Group Forum at The Caves of Thranduil
MirkwoodCouncil
Citizen of Imladris

Postby MirkwoodCouncil » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:27 pm

The Council

The Council is made up of 5 members of the Alliance. Its purpose is to discuss all matters that affect the Alliance and to make decisions, taking account of the other members' opinions.

Elections

Elections take place every 3 months. All members are invited to nominate themselves for election during the week before the voting, members then vote for 5 people from the list of self-nominated candidates. Voting lasts a week and the 5 people with the most votes become the Council. Multiple notices will be posted when self-nomination time draws near.

A note on the Mirkwood Council for the present time: As we have so few participants in our thread right now, the need for five council members has decreased. Also with the constant re-nomination of the same people for the Council positions, we have made an executive decision to postpone elections until such time as they become necessary: if the amount of participants increases or other elves of Mirkwood wish to nominate themselves for the position.

MirkwoodCouncil is an ID which is used by all the members of the MEA Council for official notices.
Council members can be contacted at their posted email addresses or
mirkwoodelvenalliance@yahoo.com
Last edited by MirkwoodCouncil on Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:50 am, edited 5 times in total.
MirkwoodCouncil
Citizen of Imladris

Postby MirkwoodCouncil » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:28 pm

Mirkwood Elven Alliance

General FAQ

Q: What is the Mirkwood Elven Alliance?

A: The Mirkwood Elven Alliance is a close-knit community who are dedicated to Tolkien's work, Legolas, and good fun. We are a very large guild with people from all over the world and a wide range of interests and passions. Mirkwood and their own message board, The Caves of Thranduil (EZBoards), are a great way to spend a lazy afternoon, or get involved in a literary discussion, or ask advice. Members who join often become long-term avid posters and good friends!

Q: How do I become a member?

A: To become an official member, please select up to two of the activity groups to join and post your selections and request to join on the thread. It's that easy! If you choose not to join any of the groups, that's fine, just let us know. You can join or change your groups at any time.

Q: What are the different groups, and what do they do?

A: We have 7 groups; you may join 2 of them, but are allowed to participate in all of them. They each have their own forum in the Caves of Thranduil, where we have discussions and activities about them. You are welcome to start up any new topics!
Archers
Heralds
Clerics
Provisioners
Crafters
Linguists
Musicians

Please see the above post for a description of the groups, or follow this --link--.

Q: Are there any posting regulations that I should know about?

A: We adhere to the posted TOS of Tolkienonline.com in Mirkwood. On the EZboards we have adopted the TORC TOS as well, with a slightly more relaxed approach.

This includes Foul Language, Attacks, Board Disruption (eg. spam), Violence or threats, Alcohol, Tobacco and Illegal Substances abuse or promotion, Personal information about our members (ages, full name, place of residence). The full Terms of Service can be found --here--.

If anyone violates, or repeatedly violates the TOS, they will be asked to leave Mirkwood, and TORC Mods will be notified. If the violation occurs on our message boards, you will be banned.
Everyone who hasn't already, is asked to read the whole Terms of Service before regularly posting anywhere on TORC, Mirkwood, or the Caves of Thranduil

We ask members to try to avoid one-liners (posts that say “Hi! How is everyone?!). As an alternative, head over the EZboards or the chatroom.

Q: What are the Caves of Thranduil (EZboards), and how do I sign up?

A: The Caves of Thranduil (EZboards) are a place where members of the MEA can discuss a variety of topics. This includes group activities and discussions, etc.
It is where we go when the TORC Mirkwood thread has been overactive, chat, or to go more in depth on specific topics.

Q: Is there a Website?

A: The MEA website is maintained by the council, and includes artwork, calendar, membership list, maps, and current events.

Q: What is the Mirkwood Council?

A: Since the alliance is so large, one person can't possible run Mirkwood by their self all the time! So the Council was created, they are a group of five members that help run the MEA. A new council is voted in every three months. Details of voting are posted when the time comes for council nominations.

Q: What is an RP?

A: RP (Role Playing) is a shared story-telling game
OOC is where we go to discuss the story line informally

Posting guildlines for the Prancing Pony Forum on TORC

It is asked that you read the posting regulations of TORC's RP forum before you start.
It is not a requirement to join the RP, however if you are thinking of starting, it is asked that you be active in it, and if you plan to leave, write yourself out of the story line.

The Gift of Melyanna: A Betrayal

The OOC

If serious RPs are not your think, we have a Silly RP Forum, where you can start or join a silly role play, where one-liners are welcome

Q: I need help getting around Tolkienonline.com. Where do I go?

A: Welcome forum and Adoption Threads

Please visit the Adoption Forum to be "adopted" by a more experienced TORCer who can answer your questions and show you the ropes.

Or you may want to visit the Welcome Forum if you wish to introduce yourself.

Q: If I have a question for the Council, how do I contact them?

A: Please contact mirkwoodelvenalliance@yahoo.com, and one of the Council members will get back to you as soon as possible.
MirkwoodCouncil
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Aurelin » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:15 pm

OOC: Ezzy and Indy, it is soo nice to see you again! :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------
While Lin and Ezzy were trying to catch up and Aurelin was telling Wil how she loved her butterfly wings and especially the changing colours of them (Thank Elbereth for the Room that could provide anything!), the March Warden Five were playing on.
But then suddenly silence fell as one by one the mirkwooseans all turned to look at a strange sight - a group of new arrivals was staring at them while being stared at back. The new people all had big bags and mounds of furniture lay not far.
"Um, what is going on?" Aurelin asked Wil.
"What are you doing here? It is supposed to be our new home!" a stern raven-haired Elf asked.
Everyone was still perplexed. Jack, in his Willy Wonka outfit, started towards the newcomers when Wil exclaimed, "But of course!" The mirkwooseans all turned toward her, waiting for some explanations.
"It must be that as we move out a new group moves in, perhaps like Jack from an alternate universe and therefore that place becomes part of their reality and not of ours. Or something!"
"It does make a crazy kind of sense," Aurelin agreed. "I think we partied a bit too long. What do we do now?"
Laswing spoke up from behind Aurelin. "I know what we could do. Have the Screen take us all along with the band and food and decorations and everything to our new home."
Aurelin liked that idea. "And then we would not have to end the party so soon and celebrate the return of so many old friends. Great idea, love!"
So the mirkwooseans dragged the Screen to the centre of the clearing and under the watchful eyes of the stranger Elves they disappeared along with the Screen, podium and the March Warden Five and food.

"I like this place!" Aurelin breathed as the mirkwooseans suddenly found themselves in their new home. The clearing was much the same, only there was a ring of seven beeches at the centre and it was somewhat lighter and airier than their old home. Pushing the urge to go and find new houses/flets/caves or whatnot from their minds, the mirkwooseans resumed the party as the March Warden Five started another Elf Boogie and Jack (whom they had not forgotten to bring along as well as the Dwarves) grabbed Aurelin's hand and dragged her to boogie their hearts out.
-----------------------------------------
OOCagain: I was figuring that we do not inhabit that large a place and we are not that many to be the only inhabitants of Greenwood the Great, so I brought in the new people to live in our old place. It is kind of a strange concept come to think of it but I might be tired today! :P

:roll: Aurelin :roll:
Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby short_as_a_hobbit » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:20 pm

*shorty had dressed herself as a fairy godmother, remembering the comical day that aurelin had been one. luckily though she was not whisked off whenever anyone had a wish.
as soon as they arrived in their new location shorty's energy leven skyrocketed... it was breathtaking! legolas picked her up and started dancing with her in his arms, and from that altitude (hehe), shorty observed another person who was quite short, and not a dwarf!
"it must be..."she thought "EZZY!!!!!" she squealed and ran over to ezzy and gave her a hug
"it's so long since you've been here!"...*
ooc
EZZ!!!!! it really has been forever! its great to have you back!

sorry i just ran out of time :(
~shorty
short_as_a_hobbit
Shield Bearer

Postby EsmereldaWhitfurrows » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:34 pm

Ezzy was nearly knocked backwards by the impact of the somewhat pint-sized elf. After struggling to untange her hair from Shorty's lovely fairy wings, she returned the gesture of affection with a good ol' fashioned glomp.

"Oh gosh! You're still here! I was expecting to come back and find this place empty! Hoo boy, was I wrong. Love the outfit by the way! But...erm...what is is, you know, for?"

[OOC: Booyah! I feel luffed. Hugs and kissies all 'round!]
EsmereldaWhitfurrows
Petitioner to the Council

Postby None_Elf_Ear » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:52 am

Generally and totally OOC, as this is my first appearence here and hopefully I shall not make a fool of myself :D

You said that, in order to join you, I need to choose two of the groups mentioned above. All right. I think I would fit the Crafters and the Clerics the best, and you shall see if I am right or not. I am also currently visiting your website and registering in the messageboards, so please tell me what more do I need to do in order to become one of you :)
None_Elf_Ear
Ranger of the North

Postby short_as_a_hobbit » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:13 pm

Welcom to Mirkwood! thats all you need to do None Elf Ear! What would you like us to call you? in fact I'll go add you on right now! Welcome again!
~shorty
short_as_a_hobbit
Shield Bearer

Postby Aurelin » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:49 pm

OOC: Ok, TORC ate my post! I am trying to recall all I wrote.
None, it is good to see you here! Welcome, welcome! :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
“But...erm...what is is, you know, for?"
A very flustered Aurelin almost knocked Shorty and Ezzy over as Jack gave her the last spun. “Ezzy, it is so lovely to see you again!” she knelt to hug the little hobbit, trying to catch her breath. “That Jack! He takes his boogieing too seriously! So how’ve you been?”
A goblet appeared over her right shoulder and turning her head, Aurelin saw Laswing smirking down at her.
“Had a nice dance?”
She deemed it not worthy of reply. Accepting the goblet, she took a deep draught of the spring water.
“Thank you! You know you could have tried stopping Jack from dragging me to dance with a bit more enthusiasm!”
Laswing only laughed.
Aurelin felt like rolling her eyes. She gave Ezzy another hug and then remembered she had not complemented Shorty on the choice of the costume (though it did bring to mind the not-so-pleasant-aspects of being a fairy god-mother).
“It seems wings are in this season!” they both laughed, eyes each other’s wings.
Laswing had stood behind Aurelin until now when he put the empty goblet on a little table and asked her very solemnly,
“Would you do me the hounour of dancing with me, Gwingloth?”
Aurelin knew he was trying to make up with her in case she was still mad at him (which she was, but only a tiny bit) and let him wait a moment before inclining her head. Manouvering (not easy with big wings) from between Shorty and Ezzy she took his hand and let herself be led to the other dancing couples.
After that and during another slow dance, she saw a hooded figure standing just opposite her on the edge of the light. She knew her! And could not believe her eyes! She whispered to Laswing and they both turned to the new-comer. Aurelin had met None, at least she named her like that when she had met her, on the East-West Road on returning from getting flowers from Goldberry for Shorty’s and Legolas’ wedding. None had been travelling to Mithlond at the time and she and Aurelin had shared a draught of water and loaf of lembas bread.

------------------------------------------
OOC: None, I hope this will work with your character's story. I tried to make it as vague as possible.

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby Linteannaiel » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:49 pm

OOC: Welcome None_Elf_Ear! Hope you have fun here in Mirkwood. :D

~~~

As soon as Lin had put Ezzy down and their chatter had lessened, the new Elves came to the party, and it was time for everyone to go to their new homes. When they arrived in the new clearing suddenly, Lin walked with Díntalath. She was very grateful that they did not have to go through the bother of moving (even though it wasn't much of a bother, what with the Rooms and all), as they lived in the caves of the palace.

Lin looked around at the beautiful trees and breathed in the fresh air, and when she saw that others were still dancing, she grabbed Dín and dragged him off for another dance. As they danced, Lin saw Aurelin, who was looking at a strange hooded figure. Lin decided she would find out who it was, so she whispered softly in Dín's ear, "It looks as if we have a newcomer! Shall we go meet whoever it is?"
Dín turned around slightly and noticed the figure. "Well, we do not know who it is.. they may not be a newcomer."
Lin laughed, "Oh, you're so careful! I'm going to go grab Aurelin and meet this person. You can come.. if you aren't scared, of course." She gave him a teasy wink, and he turned scarlet, grunting and following her.

Lin poked Aurelin, looking at her curiously. "That hooded figure over there, who is that? Let us greet her!"

~~~

*cough* Sorry that it's not very creative, but I don't have many ideas at the moment. It could be from staying up really late with Ezzy. :wink:
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby None_Elf_Ear » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:00 am

OOC : Thank you all for the kind words and so warm welcomes, they sure mean a lot to me and allow me to step more bravely into this new world for me :) I hope I shall touch your expectations and not disappoint you somehow, though this month is a very busy one for me, with the exam session at my university. Still, I'll try my best.

You can call me None or NEE. I shall soon present you my biography ;)
None_Elf_Ear
Ranger of the North

Postby Aurelin » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:45 pm

"Sure, let's go!" Aurelin nodded and quickly explained to Lin that she thought she knew the person standing there. Dín and Laswing fell in behind them.
"Have you ever felt that Aurelin is never careful enough?" Dín whispered to Laswing who looking at Dín saw exhasperation.
"Always, is Lin the same?"
Dín nodded. Both shared a compassionate look of people whose efforts were never (at least in some areas) recognized.
The two women had reached the (possible) new-comer and smiled at her.
"Welcome to Eryn Lasgalen!" Lin beamed at the hooded figure. "I am Linteannaiel and this is Aurelin. I trust you are weary of journey and would like some refreshment, let us help you!" Aurelin and Lin took None between them and started herding her to the refreshment table.
"None, was it not?" Aurelin queried. "You might remember meeting me. It is lovely to see you again!"

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby None_Elf_Ear » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:54 am

She felt strange for a certain beginning. It was not easy to find herself surrounded by so many new features and try to face all their questions and understand the facts they were presenting her at the same time.

- Good day to you all, she muttered, more to herself and in such shy manner, that no one seemed to understand her words.

She knew they were trying to bring her closer to the table which seemed to be filled with big vessels, clearwaterful, and with little woodenbraided basckets overfilled with fresh fruit. The smell was indeed delicious.
None_Elf_Ear
Ranger of the North

Postby Aurelin » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:07 pm

Aurelin whispered to None: "Before you drink anything, you might want to taste it before hand, Jack has been tinkering with the drinks during the whole day, so you never know! Oh, and you might be also careful about Ilien's baking and cooking. There have been cases of tails and wings and changing colours with those."
Seeing the horrified look that spelled "where have I come" of None's Aurelin hurried to explain.
"But don't worry we have been able to get everyone back to normal. Wil and myself are quite good at the lab."
Hesitantly None took a plum and a goblet of water.
Hearing the first notes of the next song, Aurelin grinned. "Ooh, I have got to go. Another Elf Boogie!" She grabbed Laswing's arm with her right hand and Lin with her left and they hurried to join the other boogie-ers.
But Jack seemed up to no good again. He had sneaked behind None and there was no knowing what he was going to do.

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby Wilwarin_Elerrina » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:08 pm

OOC
I've been keeping up on the thread but haven't quite able to post until now. School takes alot out of you when you have to write philosophy papers. :shock:

It's really great to see you again Ezzy!

None -- Hi! It's really nice to meet you. I'm glad you decided to join us. :)

LOL Aurelin, speaking of Jack's Willy Wonka costume, I thought I had wanted to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory because it had JD in it, but then I saw the trailer. Shortly after that every night I've been having weird dreams/nightmares. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. I never saw the original, but that movie looks extremely strange. :P

Wil was sitting in a chair across the way from where None was when she saw Jack sneak up to her. She almost got up to warn None, but since she was hoping Jack would simply welcome her to the forest instead of something crazy (well, one could always hope), she decided to let things play out.

Her attention was quickly drawn away though, when she heard a familiar gruff voice behind her. "No welcome for me then, eh Wil?" She spun around so fast she almost knocked her chair over. "Nali! When did you get here? Of course you're welcome, but I didn't see you behind me," she blurted, surprised to see her bestest Dwarf-friend ever. "I got here just now, and I thought maybe I could steal you for this next dance," he said.

"Well, of course, but in return you HAVE to tell me everything that's happened since last time I saw you," she warned. "Fine by me," he said amiably, took her hand, and brought her to the dance floor to join in the ElfBoogie.

Wil :P
Wilwarin_Elerrina
Rider of the Mark

Postby Linteannaiel » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:40 pm

OOC: Wil, I believe I was the one who made up the Willy Wonka thing, but whatever. :wink: I absolutely love Willy Wonka.. the old version is wonderful, and the new one is (in my opinion) going to be even better. You can't go wrong with Tim Burton and Johnny Depp. I can't wait! *runs around in circles* Yes, I do like the strange side of life. :D

~~~

Lin stood with Aurelin and None for a while, smiling and trying to surpress her giggles as Aurelin warned the newcomer about the food. She was about to say something to None, when Aurelin took her hand, dragging her into another Elf Boogie. Lin grabbed Díntalath, who was finally convinced that None was not dangerous, and started dancing to the music with him.

As she danced with Dín, Lin noticed a dwarf she had never seen before dancing with Wil. She thought it an odd sight, but was used to dwarves because of Legolas' friendship with Gimli, and smiled at the two.

The song changed, and she noticed someone missing from the scene.. where was Ezzy? Lin wondered for a while, but finally shrugged it off. The Hobbit couldn't have gone far, and Lin's instincts told her Ezzy would be back soon enough.
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby None_Elf_Ear » Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:22 am

OOC : First of all, I am most sorry for my absence. Aurelin can tell you about my exams, but I am sure you do not want to hear about such a nasty topic :roll:

Then, I still have to use with the characters you have wandering around, as not knowing them enough might lead me to some terrible mistakes. I'll try posting likewise for the beginning, but please let me know if I step wrong.

---***---

(Back later when in creational mood -:) )
None_Elf_Ear
Ranger of the North

Postby Aurelin » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:57 pm

OOC: Philosophy! :shock: Good luck with that! Do you have a good teacher? That is one subject that needs a good teacher, or otherwise the lessons will be of no use and unpleasant.

I have never seen the original Willy Wonka, so I am quite in the dark about it all but like Lin said - you can't go wrong with Burton and Depp.

None, don't worry! I get sometimes things mixed up, though I have been in here for years.

I am not at the most creative right now but I will try to get something written in the form of RP.

-----------------------------------------------------
The night had been splendid and everyone was feeling the most festive. But the dancing-all-night-long had taken a toll (for even Elves can tire sometimes!) and by the time the stars were fading from the lightening sky and the dawn approaching, the dancers might have went on still, but the March Warden Five refused from playing any longer. Grumbling about not getting any rest during the whole night they packed up their instruments and disappeared - by their words to get some sleep but Aurelin felt they were after unwary and unmarried maidens to find themselves their ootsum-wootsums (:lol: =:)).
It seemed as if the party was going to be finished by the time the Sun rose. But it was not over yet. Thranduil had been very content to watch most of the festivities from the side-lines - happy that the times when the men were scarce in the wood and he had to dance with all the ladies all the time!
Aurelin had been had been playing a little drinking game with Laswing, Jack, Wil, Shorty, Legolas, Lin and Dín with None acting as the referee (the only catch was in that Jack had drank by the time so much rum that he did not understand that the Elves were drinking water and had replaced the rum, he thought he was pouring down his throat with only slightly rum-flavoured apple juice) when she noticed the King and the look on his face as he surveyed the twins and Ilien and Alassė dancing. She drew Wil and Lin, Shorty and None aside and after a little whispering amongst themselves the ladies had concoted a devilish plan to not let Thranduil rest on the laurels..., I meant mallorns. So with Lin, as the one least likely to get into trouble, as the first one to go and get her father to dance with him, all the other ladies lines up with grins on their faces to play their little trick on their King.

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby None_Elf_Ear » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:10 am

OOC : Good day, my ladies *bows deeply*

Well, well, thank you for calming down my spirits a little, Aurelin. It makes me breathe easier what you just posted. And I am trying to forget that I should be now somewhere inside, making the conspect for European Institutions and learning for one of my exams tomorrow (Norwegian) :roll:

It seems that you have also non-elven characters around. Like Jack and Wonka and so on. How can you bring them into and how are they related with the main characters you own ?

I have tried to post in the Clerics' section from the boards, but my post did not appear. I wonder why.
None_Elf_Ear
Ranger of the North

Postby Aurelin » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:02 pm

OOC: Well, so far today I have not had problem with posting.

It seems that you have also non-elven characters around. Like Jack and Wonka and so on. How can you bring them into and how are they related with the main characters you own ?

Jack is in the costume party as Willy Wonka. The non-elven characters (hmm, let me think who we have had - Shrek characters for a little while, Jack, fairy-tale creatures) just appear as an anomaly - that was the case with the fairy-tale creatures and fairies, I am not sure but I think they just were there one day. Oh no, that was the Screen again! Sorry, pay no mind to what I just said.
The non-conventional people/creatures get here by the Rooms and Screens of Requirement (;). And I only undestood where that had come from when I read HP5) that have by now been installed in many a mirkwoosean home. Since screens are easier to move around we are using those more, and there was a pocket-Screen also around I remember.
So when we need something, the Scrrens/Room gives us that, as well as delivers such guests as Jack, or transports us to say Caribbean, like we had for the mass-honeymoon.
It is mostly up to everyone's imagination who makes an appearance and if and when, and we all write for them. As to the relation, those are up for everyone's fantasy too. But for Jack I can say that we had Legolas be aquinted with (don't ask how) Will Turner (:P) and Wilwarin knew Jack (I am not remembering wrong, am I?) and one day Jack appeared to the wood. If I have been wrong on any count, please someone correct me!

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby None_Elf_Ear » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:54 am

OOC : Thank you very much for the time spent explaining me all those subtilities of this amazing guild. I think it will take me a long while to get accustomed to these things you mentioned, but I'll sure do my best ;)

Now, this means that, if I need somehow a character or even a place-to-be for my own character, I can summon it. This is rather wonderful, I'd say, I'll try to build up the bios for myself until tomorrow (if only the exams would allow me to do so :roll: ).

Yet, no answer of why I could not post in the special boards.

:?:
None_Elf_Ear
Ranger of the North

Postby Spirit_of_the_Willow » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:46 am

OOC, sorry for hijacking for a moment everyone. Hey None, we over in the Ahava of Archenland RP on TST were wondering if you were still interested in playing Rilian, or if you had decided to bow out. We'd like to get started if you are still interested. But if you aren't that is entirely all right, one of us will take the character instead. :)

Willow
Last edited by Spirit_of_the_Willow on Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit_of_the_Willow
Ranger of the North

Postby Linteannaiel » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:46 pm

OOC: None, I have no idea why you couldn't post in the Cleric's forum on the Caves! Do you have an EZboard account? If you do, and you were logged in, you should have been able to post. If not, you should register an account and then you'll be able to post. Other than that, the only thing I can think of is that it was an error, and you should just try reposting. *shrug* I hope this helps!

~~~

Lin was delighted at Aurelin's brilliant idea to get her father into the festivities. She giggled, trying to be as quiet as possible, and slowly, trying not to look too suspicious, she walked towards King Thranduil. He smiled at her merrily, embracing her. "Ah Linteannaiel! Have you been having fun? It is so wonderful to have my only daughter back in her home."
Lin smiled back, looking at her father kindly. "Yes, the party is wonderful! And I am very glad to be back in Mirkwood. But there is one thing I would like.."
Thranduil raised his eyebrows slightly, "Yes, Lin?"
Lin tried to keep herself from grinning, "Well, I've noticed that you haven't been dancing with anyone.. and we have not danced for such a long time, and well.. I would love it if we could dance now!"
Laughing merrily, her father took her hands, "If we can get some music, of course I will dance with you!"
"I'll take care of that right now." Lin said, smiling and running to the Screen of Requirement.

After getting a band (Bilbo and the Dwarves) in Mirkwood and convincing them to play, Lin rushed back to her father and they started to dance. As they were dancing, Thranduil noticed an odd line of female Elves grinning mischeviously, and he looked at Lin suspiciously, nodding in the direction of the line. "What are all those girls doing in a line over there?"
Lin tried to surpress giggles, but she couldn't help herself and burst out laughing. "Well.. it was Aurelin's idea, to get you off your throne and into the excitement. The plan was for me to ask you to dance, and we knew you wouldn't say no.. so every time the song changed, one girl would leave and the next would dance with you."
Thranduil frowned. "I see. You are all terribly clever Elves!" He shook his head, and then smiled.
"You scared me for a moment, with that frown!" Lin exclaimed, smiling as they continued dancing.
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby Aurelin » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:00 pm

OOC:
Now, this means that, if I need somehow a character or even a place-to-be for
my own character, I can summon it.

Basically yes. Don't worry, you will get the hang of it soon!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
As the first song of the Bilbo and the Dwarves ended and another started (Lin had made it explicit that there would be no stops between them, the end-note of one and then immediately the starting one of the next) Aurelin hurried to take over from Lin.
"I heard from my daughter, that you are to blame for all this, Aurelin!" The King asked Aurelin sternly as he took her hand. Aurelin went wary. She had seen Thranduil's smile at Lin, so it meant that he was trying to get back at Aurelin.
She nodded while trying to hold back a grin for that did not seem like the most wisest thing to do.
"Speak up, lady!"
"Aye, it was me." Now she could not bite back the smile and quickly she looked up to see what expression the King wore. Disturbingly there was a wide smile on his face too.
"And you organised this whole line of ladies who wait there?"
Again Aurelin could do nothing but say "Aye".
"Then let's show how the dancing is done!" With a flicker of his hand Thranduil motioned for the band to start up a very lively hobbit-dance.
"Aiiii!" Aurelin could only squeal as the King had her performing dancesteps she had never done before and faster than she thought it possible. A very nice pay-back! She managed to put together the sentence in her head but never got round to speaking it for every ounce of energy went into the unnamed piece of hobbit-dance.

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby None_Elf_Ear » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:36 am

Spirit_of_the_Willow, please forgive me, I shall come right away and keep writing there. Since the Internet connection has been working lousily the latest days, I almost forgot checking TST. I am most sorry :(

To you all, excuse me please for the OT above. It is still OOC for me, as I am reading all your posts to get used with your world. I'll try posting again in the boards, I have eZaccount and I was logged, but will try again.

:)
None_Elf_Ear
Ranger of the North

Postby Aurelin » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:21 pm

OOC: None, I saw that the post only printed "No HTML code allowed" or something close to that. I think there has to be the reason there, did you use HTML?

Aurelin
Ranger of the North

Postby short_as_a_hobbit » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:14 pm

FINALLY!!!!!!!
*shorty smiled as Thranduil twirled Aurelin around the dance floor. She was third back in the line. Legolas strode lightly over with an air of curiosity, "and what is this about my love" he inquired as he reached her.
"we decided that your father needed to take part in the festivities. and aurelin had one of her brilliant ideas and we just couldnt let it sit!!!!" she replied
"of course not, of course not, but i think i'm going to have to kidnap you and give my apologies to aurelin later!" he said sweeping her off to the middle of the dance floor...*
ooc
sorry i was having a bit of computer troubles but they're better now!
~shorty
short_as_a_hobbit
Shield Bearer

Postby None_Elf_Ear » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:51 am

OOC : I did not use HTML, Aurelin, that is for sure. I have just made an usual post, with my opinion on the weather and other silly things. And after that, there was nothing more than dark :roll:
None_Elf_Ear
Ranger of the North

Next

Return to Alliances and Guilds: The Peoples of Middle-earth