OOC: War and Peace are One.

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

OOC: War and Peace are One.

Postby Penny_to_pay » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:13 pm

I wsa thining this RP should be starting on the Barrow Downs, before they fell to waste. It could then skip to the time aftre the destruction of the ring, hunting creatures such as Shelob, as no one knows as to whether she was destroyed. The characters could be time skippers, so that they are the nemesis of particular creatures. They could also have a sort of mental or soul connection wioth them so that they can never kill them, but just constantly control them and prevent their darkenss from spreading.

I haven't put anyting down on paper or screen yet but i was wondering what anyone thought about the idea.
It involves tye sort of balance between good and evil adn the idea that neither can e destroyed. If anyone has ever seen Nightwatch then they might understand. I'm probably not allowed to say that but even Gandalf admits that eveil can never wholy be destroyed so i think i'm entitled.

Any ideas anyone? :lol:
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Postby blackthorn » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:01 pm

Penny_to_pay Hi how are you doing I willjoin if it ok with you..I know how good you can wright in the poney so it would be a pleasure to Rp with you. :)

How about a secret councle that work behind the kings of each land good or bad..not even the kings know about them but they are ever watching and act when it is needed to keep the balance..my be the have a cave of hide away they are called too from time too time discusing what must be done to peserve the balance of good and evil. watchers you might say highly trained in there secret arts....

well let me know what you think.. :wink:
blackthorn
Rider of the Mark

Postby Penny_to_pay » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:28 pm

Thanks for the complement. Really nice of you.

I like the idea. Sounds like an interesting sort of thing.

From that i was thinking that i and who ever else wants in, we could be sort of working for this Council. Then we could have doubts about what we were doing and whether we should just obliterate all evil things, there by making a really nice world to live in. it could be a journey of exploration into the answer to the question of Why not destroy evil once and for all?
I lik eyour thinking. Do you want to start or wait for more people?
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Postby blackthorn » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:50 am

Well you can start the first one any time you would like I am going to go with a new Character that i have never used before in any other thread.

I will post his bio as soon as possible.
blackthorn
Rider of the Mark

Postby Penny_to_pay » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:06 am

Cool. You already have seen my bio but i might as well post it again for anyone else to look at.
Start soon as long as i can think of a good way to start.
Laters
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Postby blackthorn » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:32 am

My be we can start with each of us traveling towards the council camber. Wear ever that might be. And that would allow others to show up and join in as well seeing as we are each traveling alone and some might arrive a little late.

Council names just suggestions.

Thorn walkers

The watchers of the white eye.

Council of the seekers.

Seekers of truth.

The balance keepers.
blackthorn
Rider of the Mark

Postby Penny_to_pay » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:24 am

I like some of the names. I can't really think of ones that are any better than that but i'll have a go.

Keepers of the Shadow Balance

The Council of Equilibrium

The Council of Eternal Balance

ca't think of any more than that.
I was also thinking that the Council doesn't have to just hunt evil things. How about we actually have to assassinate people that are good? It would hold up with the balance idea nicely, i it doesn't get to happen very often. The objectification things like thiss doesn't seem to get mentioned very often.
The council would have to e totally nuetral, with no bias in any direction and so they would have to maintain both dark and light at the same time.

What do you rekon?
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Postby blackthorn » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:41 am

Yup I was thinking the same thing we would have to write in if some one doesn’t take the roll. Some unsavory characters like members of the orcs, goblins and the dark arts vampires and evil wizards ect.
blackthorn
Rider of the Mark

Postby Shadow_of_the_Past » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:58 am

hey this thread sounds interesting. can i join? if its ok with you i mean. ill just hang back for a while, but I think this is a very good concept for a RP :D
Shadow_of_the_Past
Rider of the Mark

Postby Penny_to_pay » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:21 am

You are welcome whenever you can come in with us.
Thanks for the compliment by the way.

I'll see if i can get the first post up on the RP today.
laters
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Postby Penny_to_pay » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:27 am

This my bio by the way

Name:Ra
Appearance: 6'5" Very muscly. One side of his face is covered in tattoos, as is most of his body. These tattos are the left overs of the re-animation and re-generation of his body asfter he killed himself.
his clothes are mostly black or brown leather with silver clasps and buckles. He has big boots, often covered in mud as he spends a lot of time travelling by foot, rather than horse. He does not get tired easily and so it is quicker for him to run than to use a horse.
He is totally bald and has only a beard that is asingle plat, about 8" long. In this beard is woven golden thread. He has deep , dark eyes, sunken in a hard lined skull.
Weapons: He carrys a long and a shaort sword, the long on his left, the short on his right. He needs no sheild. The swords are not hisweapon of chose for he also carrys a double headed battle axe. The axe also has a spike between the blades. He also has palm daggers in sheaths up his sleeves. These are handy for blow that no one expects.

Other: He has the mastery of fire. He can not make but he can control it. He is resitstant to it. Fire ot him is a weapon and also a protector for him. To add an extra edge to ghis axe he can coat the blades in wax and weild a flaming axe. This delivers a merciful stroke as the blades get hot enough to carterize the wound as it is made. He will only do this in battle as he does not like killing. He means to deliver a killing sdtroke then he will do, but he will not give anyone the indecency of having their blood spilled to the ground. He kills only at need rather than for pleasure or because it is the easiest option.
He was a suicide, sent back to release all sucided souls from their purgatory state, neither here nor there. The help of a god is needed and no gods will help, but as the one is a bit of a demi god he thinks they might be able to help.

I know i need to alter it a bit before it is suitable for the Pony, but i think ill do that when we actually get started. I was thinking i could be one of the Haradrim or something so that i wasn't particularly nice but i am still a man that can be good or evil. What do you rekon to that?
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Postby Penny_to_pay » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:06 pm

I got the first one up. Hope you like it.
:lol:

I thought the basis for the council could be in Lothlorien or Moria. Either way it work quite nicely.

Had another thought that it could have been started by the Dwarves. That is because they seem almost totally seperate from the war of the Ring adn this could be why. They have always tried to keep everything under control, but they failed when the ring was found again?
Don't know if i'm allowed to put new forward new ideas about the actual LOTR its self but there we are?
Any thoughts?
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Postby blackthorn » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:37 pm

well can't see why not we all change it a little but they never talked about the dwarves much any way. what about the ents are they going to be a part of it as well.
blackthorn
Rider of the Mark

Postby blackthorn » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:21 pm

ok here is a quick bio..create more as we go along

Name. Lord Richard Veramont
Race. Human
Age. 30 years
Hight.6,2
Appearance. Tall with short black hair. Chiseled features and darken skin.
Clothing. Brown traveling cloak, tight fitting leather armor, traveling pack and tall traveling boots.
Weapons. long Sword-swords name- (sentinel. Vampires Bain- aka. soul eater) . Hand axe and dirk-(Long knife just smaller then a short sword)

here is a link pic of Richerd. he is the one in the front

http://fantasy.mrugala.net/Luis%20Royo% ... riors%20(1).jpg
blackthorn
Rider of the Mark

Postby Shadow_of_the_Past » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:30 am

Great first post Penny_to_pay (is there a shorter version of that?)

ok since im going to make up a new character is there anything in particular you need (Good/bad/guy/chick/man/dwarf/other) just wondering :D
Shadow_of_the_Past
Rider of the Mark

Postby Penny_to_pay » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:20 am

I don't think we need anything in particular. Just do what you feel like. I find it much easier that way. No limits on what the character can do.

Just call me Penny, or Reaper.
I choose Penny_to_Pay because of the money that you have to pay the ferryman when you die. A bit morbid i know but hey.

I like the idea of the Ents. Do you rekon we aught to have it Fangorn then. Its a bit more of a darker place and would be better for councils.
nice idea.
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Postby Shadow_of_the_Past » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:38 am

yes I like the idea of having it in fangorn since Lorien and moria are inhabited but any one would be good
Shadow_of_the_Past
Rider of the Mark

Postby Penny_to_pay » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:51 am

I'm not sure whether Lorein or Moria are populated. I thought the elves all left Lorien? Oh well. I prefer Fangorn.
Some one else post soon. I'd like to get it moving. I'm sorry i'm impatient. :oops:
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Postby Gloamglozer » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:44 pm

Hello Penny. I would very much like to join.

If I'm not mistaken are we supposed to be keepers of the universal balance of good and evil. If I'm wrong so be it. But could you clarify exactly the storyline please.

Thanks

Gloam
Gloamglozer
Ranger of the North

Postby Shadow_of_the_Past » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:52 pm

sorry my bad :oops: ill post soon
Shadow_of_the_Past
Rider of the Mark

Postby Penny_to_pay » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:18 am

Well, Gloam. You hit the nail smack bang on the money as it were.
The idea is that we, as you say, maintain the balance of good and evil. We are neither good nor bad and almost totally objective about what we have to do.
However we do kill good guys and bad guys, but many evil dudes because they are constantly seeking to multiple and take over the world. Good people are, at some level in tune with their surroundings and so do not wish for the mastery of that land.
This could all get really complicated if i actually thought even harder about it and i would have lots to say but i need to think of a way of explaining it.

I was also thinkg that at some point we would have to kill one of our own group. NOt nayone actually writing, just a sub character to to keep things narrativley and morally interesting?
What does everyone rekon.

To Gloam: wack on your bio. You can join r3eguardless, i would just like to see it so i can think about the storyline with you and Blackthorn in mind. Cheers. Penny.
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Postby Gloamglozer » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:08 am

Name: Butler

Species: Unknown

Appearance: He wears a black and white suit underneath a black travelling cloak which is kept together with a ying and yang clasp. He also always wears his pair of seven league boots. He has slicked back black hair with a black moustache. His eyes are deep blue pools. He is quite muscley and is 6 feet tall.

Weapons: He is the antithesis of the kindly English butler, sporting retractable wrist blades and an excellent knowledge of the middle earth kind of martial arts. He also has a sword which is imbued with magic. This is noworn over his back and through it he can cauterise a wound and conduct magical power. In this area he is quite a good magic user. But he only uses this talent when no other means are available. When the need arises he also has a blow pipe for assassinations. But he can use many different carities of weapons. The ones listed are his weapons of choice

Other: He wears a gold ring with a green gem on his right hand. This seems to project a magical protection field when he wants it to.

Right. I am not stealing the name of Butler from anywhere. His real name isn't known but he was given this name because he has served the council for many names and he has taken on so many mission s that he is called The Butler to Death by many people.

Gloam
Gloamglozer
Ranger of the North

Postby Penny_to_pay » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:04 pm

I like the bio. Especially the touch with the seven league boots. Are they the ones from terry prachett?

Post when ever you feel.
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Postby Gloamglozer » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:13 pm

Actually they are from the Bartimaeus Trilogy. They make it possible for someone to cover great distances in just a step.
The reason I cose that typr of boots rather than the Pratchett ones is because the Discworld ones are pretty unpredictable :D

I have a great idea for a first post. It would start off the balance thing as well.

Gloam
Gloamglozer
Ranger of the North

Postby Penny_to_pay » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:24 pm

Cool. Feel free.
I love the idea of them though. Would be nice to have a pair.

My first post was abit of the script but hey, i had to put a fight in there somewhere. And it was nice way to introduce my character. I'll do better next time, i promise. :wink:
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Postby Penny_to_pay » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:17 am

Nice post Blacthorn. Very nice and dramatic. Cool. :lol:

I got my next bit up. Its not that great but i got to Fangorn. I also thought that we could add in another character. We need to have someone to work out the Balance so we know what to do. I thought that we could all do that. I already made him a name, as well as a ttitle. Hope you don't mind.
Enjoy.
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Postby Gloamglozer » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:08 am

Great posts everyone!

I have posted and I hope it is ok. I just need to know where the council chambers are exactly.

Oh and before you think that I cheated having him cover hundreds of miles in seconds. But what Butler sees is not the council chamber, it is his mistake. That is unless the chambers are near to Minas Tirith.

Gloam
Gloamglozer
Ranger of the North

Postby Penny_to_pay » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:20 am

Nice post Gloam. Sweet. Nice work to on the assination.

I might get another one up tonight, but i was wondering if one of you could find me, or i might just get up myself, i don't know.
I was thinking that the Council could be in a really deep bit of Fangorn, amongst the Huorns, so that no one that was an enemy could find us. If anyone wants to join us then we have to find them. If they do not join then we have to kill them because no one can know about the Balance. If they did everyone would worry about it all the time and everyone would stop living properly because the only way to preserve perfect Balance to to do nothing, or not live at all.

Was also thinking something to do with the Palantir as well. This means we could connect Cities like Minas Tirith, Minas Ithil, Osgiliath, Dunharrow (i know its not a city). Just thought we might be able to do something with it?
What you rekon? :wink:
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Postby Gloamglozer » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:01 pm

Ah. So it'll be deep in Fangorn. Hey maybe one of the high ranking council members is an Ent :D

Maybe the council are the ones who confistcated the palantirs. They haven't been destroyed, they're just hidden.

Anyway. I have a great idea for my next post. I look forward to yours Penny.

Gloam
Gloamglozer
Ranger of the North

Postby Penny_to_pay » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:51 pm

All sounds good to me. I'll see what i can do about that post. :wink:
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)