A Trip to Tolfalas:OOC

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

A Trip to Tolfalas:OOC

Postby bellmaker4 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:25 pm

Hey, I had an idea, and I thought maybe yall would be interested. Why isn't Tolfalas (an island near the mouth of the Anduin) ever mentioned? At any rate, I thought a roleplaying thread about it would be cool. We could slowly work our way there, or whatever we choose to do. We could think of more ideas as the story lengthened. :)
So, put down your profile and some ideas if you're interested
Profiles should include:

Name:
Race:
Height:
Weight:
Facial Features:
Body Features:
Clothing:
Weapons:
History:
Last edited by bellmaker4 on Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
bellmaker4
Ranger of the North

Postby Shadow_of_the_Past » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:54 pm

hey there!
Sounds good I would like to join

If/when you write and post a first post then I will post a suitable bio here then write my character in

Do you want anyone inparticular (Elf/man/dwarf)
Shadow_of_the_Past
Rider of the Mark

Postby bellmaker4 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:40 pm

Okay, I'll work on a post as soon as I can.
I wasn't looking for anything in particular, just not too many elves, I like the human nature and unperfection of the men. However, make any kind of character you wish. :D
bellmaker4
Ranger of the North

Postby MeganBaggins » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:37 am

Hi! If you put up a post I would be interested as well. I have been in many an RP. Don't be fooled by my screenname, I usually don't pic Hobbits to be my main Char's. ...but anyways...like I said, if you put up a fist post then I will read and make up an appropriate char. :D
Last edited by MeganBaggins on Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MeganBaggins
Ranger of the North

Postby atalantea » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:52 am

Ooohhh... it sounds nice. :D I'd like to join too. :D Will post to introduce a a character but if you'd like for me to post here with all the stats thing whatever I could do that too. :D
atalantea
Rider of the Mark

Postby Sith~Happens1292 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:15 pm

I'd like to join as well. Maybe it could be about a large battle between some troops from wherever fighting the Haradrim. I don't know - you asked for suggestions. I'll be back with a bio sometime when we establish something to do. In the meantime, I shall visit frequently and follow the updates.

~God Bless~
Sith~Happens1292
Sith~Happens1292
Shield Bearer

Postby Penny_to_pay » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:11 am

Hey. This ousnds like it could be really interesting, concidering it doesn't appear anywhere else. Is it ok if come in on it. I'll pop my bio on later.
Penny_to_Pay
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Postby atalantea » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:37 am

And I'm hoping we're still afloat... and ready to sail... Will wait around more. :D
atalantea
Rider of the Mark

Postby MeganBaggins » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:00 pm

Yah, I hope we still up.
MeganBaggins
Ranger of the North

Postby bellmaker4 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:13 am

Yeah, we are. I'll put up the first post, but do you guys think it should be in an IC thread or here? I've already written it though.
bellmaker4
Ranger of the North

Postby MeganBaggins » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:26 pm

I think it should be an IC thread, so that approved people can start posting. :)
MeganBaggins
Ranger of the North

Postby bellmaker4 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:08 pm

Okay, everyone, the IC thread is up! You can put in your profiles now and give comments about the work already done. Enjoy!
bellmaker4
Ranger of the North

Postby naryatheringoffire » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:56 pm

Hey this looks like it could go far, i'd like to jon as well!

If thats ok il post a bio up :)
naryatheringoffire
Rider of the Mark

Postby Ilyda » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:31 pm

I haven't gotten involved in RP in a while, but this looks really interesting. I would love to join. I actually found that area interesting, and when I was writing my character's history, it gets mentioned as the place where she grew up. I hadn't found the name Tolfalas (actually, I had to go look on my map when I read this thread), but I will definitely be changing my profile! It's nice to have a name for the location I imagined.

The past isn't something I've considered much for her, and I would love the chance to learn more about her. If I could, I would say that her father died, but she's of an age where her family has all died out. So, I'll try and find a plausible reason for this trek, and also edit my profile (which, I finally realize, badly needs it).

Hopefully, I'll be able to join you all. This looks like an interesting journey, and the first post is quite good. Thanks!
Ilyda
Ranger of the North

Postby Yuverin » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:39 pm

This sounds like it could be like an interesting thread. I will join and post my bio sometime soon. I am new to this site however, so i hope thats ok. :?:
Plus this is not the first rping that I've done.
Yuverin
Petitioner to the Council

Postby TheSquirrel » Sun May 07, 2006 12:20 am

Perhaps an oddball wanderer could join the trip??? She's a character fleshed out by a LotR based RPG some friends and I did.

Name: Squirrel

Race: Human (mostly)

Height: 5'

Weight: 140lbs

Facial Features: Hair that without changing color can seem red, brown, or blond depending on the light. It's cut boyishly short, in wild curls. Blue eyes that always seem to be smirking, pale skin. Her earlobes are distended almost enough to fit coins in, with chains and dangles the rest of the way up the sides, she has a little silver stud in her nose, and three little rings in the outside corners of each of her eyebrows.

Body Features: Muscular, well proportioned. Curved without delicacy. You can tell that she handles herself. She has a tatoo of bats' wings across her back, but it's hidden by clothes usually.

Clothing: Squirrel's clothing was composed of whatever was available at the time clothing was needed. She favors black, and earth tones. She wears heavy boots, black loose fitting (Arabian) trousers, a black shirt that fastens at the shoulder rather than the neck (Chinese), An extremely long brown sash wrapped several times around her waist as as belt, A beaded collar draped around her shoulders (Egyptian), and a carved bone squirrel pendant on a leather thong. She has a black hooded wool coat. All of her jewelery is silver metal or non-precious materials.

Weapons: Several knives here and there on her person, intelligence, creativity, and a literal lack of shame. :twisted:

History: Squirrel comes from a tribe of nomads who, over the last few centuries, has wandered all over the continent. The tribe, called the Pynta, is creatively pragmatic, taking bits of practices from all over and incorporating them into their own survival. They do not believe in unnecessary customs, or chivalry. They have no real marriage laws, because of a limited gene pool. They encourage breeding outside of the tribe, and their people are a hodgepodge of different races mixed in with human. Squirrel believes that as long as she and her “pack” have a pulse, it’s a good day.

Five years ago, her tribe was attacked and outnumbered by orcs. The usual practice is to split up into several smaller groups and scatter. Squirrel was in charge of a pack that didn’t get away. She was knocked out and buried under a dead orc, waking up to be the only survivor. To this day, she doesn’t know if any of her tribe is alive.
TheSquirrel
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Tulkas2006 » Sun May 07, 2006 10:32 am

Hi :D, I know you put "Not many elves required, but, since nobody's put one actually, I you like:

Name: Earion Ungonar

Race: Elf

Height: 6ft 2

Weight: 164 pounds

Facial Features: Grey Eyes, Black Hair.

Body F: Tall, brawny, but he can also seem thin...

Clothing: He's dressed always in different ways, according to the moment, but in war, he uses his Special Shield, made by the greatest smith of his Land, but normally, he's dressed as a King of Elves would do...

Weapon: Russnar, the great sword of The King.

Occupation: King of the Lands of Maltaronde, and leader of his army...

History: Maltaronde, a city that's been holding against the Power of the Shadow for entire centuries, led by Earion's father, until he died in the Battle for the Freedom of his own People.
Earion has led his people to victory for many years, now knows that the shadow's regaining power, and all the races in The Tolfalas are in a great danger, he's minded to help, support, and to fight with the free peoples of Tolfalas to get rid of the darkness that is menacing the whole Island.
His son, Elession, is his pride, his greatest warrior, and he doesn't fear the fact that his own child could die in Battle, for Elession has shown he's the Heir of great warriors and Kings.
Maltaronde Army, dressed with the Golden Shield, and waving Maltaronde's banner, The Golden Throne with a Silmaril (Sign of the House of Fëanor) over it...

When he was a child, he lived in Valinor, and Manwë gave him his eagle
Horton, the fastest of all the Eagles, which comes to be Earion's courier, and all the peoples in the Tolfalas love Horton, for he's helpfull in wartimes... For Manwë gave Earion an Eagle that couldn't possibly be harmed by any weapon nor magic.

Well, that's my character, if you Like ;)
Tulkas2006
Rider of the Mark

Postby bellmaker4 » Wed May 17, 2006 10:22 pm

Well, the first three posts look really good. Now, who shall do the next one? And what should it be about?
bellmaker4
Ranger of the North

Postby Shadow_of_the_Past » Thu May 18, 2006 12:12 am

I will post a bio soon then i will put up a post
Shadow_of_the_Past
Rider of the Mark

Postby Echo_Starlite » Mon May 22, 2006 7:33 pm

Hey y'all, just drifting through looking to get back into the swing of things! I haven't RP'ed since last winter, but I used to be pretty good at it, I'd say!

I'll post a bio if there's continued interest in this thread, which should be by tomorrow at the latest (I stay up pretty late these days).

It looks like we have two bio's so far: one male and one female, which is a good start. Most RP's used to end up female-dominated, so I like to run with male characters.

Is this supposed to be an adventuring/treasure hunting RP? That's be spiffing. I almost said 'pretty' again...
Echo_Starlite
Ranger of the North

Postby Neo_Sith_God » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:11 pm

Wow, it has been a long time since I have been on here... Now that life is slowing back down, the more enjoyable things, such as TORC and RPing on various sites... Since I really prefer to join an RP right towards the beginning, and since it seems like it will have a very interesting twist, I would like to join... I can play as whichever side that you would like, but I would prefer to provide some danger to the main party... Hmmm, perhaps maybe an unknown fortress upon the Isle of Tolfalas... I wonder what kind of evil from the past could emerge on an unexplored isle which many beings of Middle Earth have all but forgotten... Well, let me know if I can join... Later...
Neo_Sith_God
Shield Bearer

Postby Celebria » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:58 pm

May I join? I am new to this world and would really like to begin an RP at the beginning. My character is Celebria, a female who is halfelven, half human. My father's people hail from Dol Amroth and Gondor; he is a southern ranger, my mother was an elf of Rivendell. If this is not someone you'd like to include, let me know. Otherwise, my character is detailed and fleshed out - I'll write more if I may have permission to join your story. :)
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby bellmaker4 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:21 pm

Yeah, I'm still interested if you guys are.

Echo-I was thinking mostly adventuring, to some of the lesser-mentioned areas in Middle-Earth, but we'll just see where the story takes us.

Neo-Hey, sounds like you have some great ideas, and of course you can join. I'm aching for more people.

Celebria-No, that sounds fine to me. Just make sure we can fit her into the story at some point. :)
bellmaker4
Ranger of the North

Postby Celebria » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:01 pm

Thanks for letting me join the fun! Here's Celebria's bio:

Name: Celebria

Race: Halfelven

Height: 5' 8"

Weight: 120 lbs.

Facial features: Green eyes, long dark blonde hair (honey colored), fine bone structure, Elvish ears, Numenorian nose (from her father)

Body features: tall for a maid, lean and lithe, strong, pale skin

Clothing: grey leggings, a knee length tunic of pale green and grey, cut for a female, dark grey hooded cloak, riding boots

Weapons: Elven sword, matched daggers of Dwarven make

History: Celebria is the daughter of a ranger and an elf. She has grown up in Ithilien and Dol Amroth. Her father is ambassador to Dol Amroth for Cirion, Steward of Gondor and a southern ranger who has defended Ithilien. Her father's family has also maintained a friendship with the Horse lords of the north. When her father, Andrais is sent north with an important message for the Dunedain remnant, Celebria is left in the care of Rohirrim friends living along the Isen. She becomes worried when they do not return and has a premonition that something has happened to them. She leaves her friends to seek her parents, Andrais and Ninui.
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby bellmaker4 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:30 pm

Draft post, tell me what you think.

Celegal walked across the clearing towards the fire in the ruins of the ancient city, trying to keep awake. Suddenly, his ears pricked up as a twig snapped behind him. He ducked back behind a rock and looked back towards the ridge. He saw a man dart behind a tree and some hushed mumbling. So, he had pursuers. The ranger surveyed his whereabouts. If he could get to his comrads, they could duck back into the woods, where they would be safe. Then, off to the east, he spotted her. A blonde-haired girl running towards him. She had a sword slung over her shoulder, and was covered in a cloak, which was dark and was not exactly helping her camoflauge herself very well, since they were close enough to the fire for them to be inside the glow of it. Perhaps she could be of aid to him, or she would like to meet his friends back at the fire. She hurried over and ducked behind the rock next to him.
He grinned and said, "Nice cloak. It really stands out."
bellmaker4
Ranger of the North

Postby Celebria » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:55 pm

Looks good to me. Now I know they really are bad guys. Didn't want to jump to any hasty conclusions... :) Are you planning a fight or an escape?
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby bellmaker4 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:49 pm

I'm not sure. Did you want the people at the fire to be your parents or just my friends? And, yeah, those are bad guys, but I'm not sure where they came from, etc. I was thinking of maybe the two of us could drive them back into the woods, then head towards the fire for a short conversation with my friends/your parents.
bellmaker4
Ranger of the North

Postby Celebria » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:17 pm

Let's have them be your friends. I'd like to keep the mystery of what happened to Celebria's parents going for a while longer. It sounds like you have a good plan. I'm eager to see how it all plays out.
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Postby bellmaker4 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:45 pm

Okay, I guess I'll go with the escape, then. I'll have a new post up in a bit.
bellmaker4
Ranger of the North

Postby Celebria » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 pm

I added another post. If anything in it doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll edit it. :)
Celebria
Ranger of the North

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)