Middle Earth United O.O.C.

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Middle Earth United O.O.C.

Postby Gloamglozer » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:28 pm

Hello Everybody.

Some of you may know me and some of you may not. But that doesn’t matter at the moment. :D

Anyway. This R.P., which has been cleared by the MOD’s, is based upon the story that a great foreign army has invaded Middle Earth and ALL of its peoples, guilds and alliances have untied under one banner to fight off the threat.

When I say Guilds and Alliances I mean that this R.P. is set in TORC Middle Earth. Meaning that all of the Tolkien related Guilds, Alliances and R.P.’s are in it.

Going back to my original statement that ALL of the peoples in Middle Earth are United that means Orcs, Men, Elves, Dwarves, Ents, Balrogs etc. Of course there will be the natural hatreds and I hope that this will become an interesting part of the story.
Old enemies becoming friends always have grudges towards one another afterall.

On the matter of characters. I would say that you can use up to three of your characters. But, if you prove to me that you can handle more than three, I might let you. But I would say that even handling three characters will be hard. So I guess most people will stick to one or two.

I think that’s it. All you have to do before posting in the I.C. is put up a bio for your character (s). The bio’s don’t have to be huge, yet they can’t just be a few lines either.

May Middle Earth be Freed!

Field Marshall Gloamglozer
Gloamglozer
Ranger of the North

Postby IamMoose » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:20 pm

I've never done role playing before so i feel a bit lost by all this but I'd like to get involved, especially with a new one that hasn't had any participation yet. But I am not sure what to do or how to go about getting involved.. can anyone take pity on a NOOB and explain it to me a bit?
IamMoose
Mariner

Postby Sirion » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:28 pm

Roleplaying online is a simple thing in most respects, although some people--sticklers for rules of thumb, etc etc--often overdo criticism.

Basically, a person starts a thread or roleplay. In this case, Gloam is creating this roleplay. He makes the opening post, and, reading that, we--those accepted--respond in-character. Meaning whatever character we choose to utilize for this roleplay can, at our whim, interact, quarrel, or do whatever. If Gloam writes that his character is "walking solemnly over the damp grass that was a sea of green around him," one reply might be "_____ (insert character name here) stomped up to Gloam, heavy boots pounding away at the wet grass, snapping the reeds in two as if they were brittle and it was mid summer, instead of late fall."

Just a few examples.
Last edited by Sirion on Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sirion
Shield Bearer

Postby Sirion » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:28 pm

POST DELETED - ACCIDENTAL DOUBLEPOST.
Sirion
Shield Bearer

Postby Penny_to_pay » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:36 am

Hey Gloam. Mind if i join in? Sounds really good.
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Postby Gloamglozer » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:39 am

IamMoose basically eveything Sirion said. Role Playing is basically like several people writing one big story through their posts.
Once you get the hang of it feel free to join in.:D
We are here if you need help.

Sirion. I know you were probably just answering Moose's qusetion. But feel free to join in the R.P. as well.

Penny. Of course you can. Remember you can choose up to three characters to use. Also I was thinking that we could use the council in the story because I said that every Tolkien related guild, alliance and R.P. is in the story.
To be truthful thats why I started the R.P. in the home of the Rings Guild. It was so that I would get it across to people that it was set it the TORC Middle Earth :D

Gloamglozer
Ranger of the North

Postby Astalder » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:23 pm

I am rather interested in this RP, it appeals more to my... sensitivities.

RP to follow, and upon acceptance, blood, gore, and story.
Astalder
Shield Bearer

Postby Shadow_of_the_Past » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:40 am

hey gloam

this is a good concept for a RP - making it in the TORC middle earth and you have a good stroy line and a lot of intrest in it to boot
I would like to be part of this RP because I know its going to be good :D
Shadow_of_the_Past
Rider of the Mark

Postby Penny_to_pay » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:26 am

I sort of detected hints in there. Cool. I think i might be the same character just with some variations, if that's ok?
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Postby Gloamglozer » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:01 am

Astalder and Shadow. You are both more than welcome. Just post a smallish bio in here and off you go :D

Penny. Yes just a few hints :D
So if you're going to use Ra thats fine. Just post your slightly changed bio and off you go :D

Talking about Bios I'll get mine up in a few minutes.

Gloamglozer
Ranger of the North

Postby Penny_to_pay » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:40 am

Name:Ra

Appearance: 6'5" Very muscly. One side of his face is covered in tattoos, as is most of his body. These tattos are the left overs of the re-animation and re-generation of his body asfter he killed himself.
his clothes are mostly black or brown leather with silver clasps and buckles. He has big boots, often covered in mud as he spends a lot of time travelling by foot, rather than horse. He does not get tired easily and so it is quicker for him to run than to use a horse.
He is totally bald and has only a beard that is asingle plat, about 8" long. In this beard is woven golden thread. He has deep , dark eyes, sunken in a hard lined skull.

Weapons: He carrys a long and a shaort sword, the long on his left, the short on his right. He needs no sheild. The swords are not hisweapon of chose for he also carrys a double headed battle axe. The axe also has a spike between the blades. He also has palm daggers in sheaths up his sleeves. These are handy for blow that no one expects.

Other: He has the mastery of fire. He can not make but he can control it. He is resitstant to it. Fire ot him is a weapon and also a protector for him. To add an extra edge to ghis axe he can coat the blades in wax and weild a flaming axe. This delivers a merciful stroke as the blades get hot enough to carterize the wound as it is made. He will only do this in battle as he does not like killing. He means to deliver a killing sdtroke then he will do, but he will not give anyone the indecency of having their blood spilled to the ground. He kills only at need rather than for pleasure or because it is the easiest option.

History: He a man of the Haradrim. He is distrusted in most of the world and so has to gain peoples trust. He was expelled from Harad because he refused to fight for or against Sauron. He knew he had no part in it and neither did his people. He isn't afraid to fight, but will only fight is he has to. When he escaped from his tribe he had to kill his father and his brother which he regrets, but it was a neccessaty. He can be objective and totally unfeeling if he has to.

Hope this is ok. Just tell if its not. Not all of it may come into play, but it has options. My character tends to develope within each RP he is in. :lol:
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Postby Caligo » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:19 am

Ah...I told myself 'don't go in there you know you will just want to join it' and here I am not listening to myself wanting to join this RP.

So this means I can be my Pirate character? I will not make my whole ship join, seeing as not everyone on there will join this and you are even part of it. But I could use Cal the Pirate right? I like the idea of a TORC middle-earth, joining every guild and RP. That is a cool idea, and I can never pass one up.

Anyway if this is alright with you I'll post the bio here. :wink:

Cal
Caligo
Rider of the Mark

Postby Gloamglozer » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:23 pm

Cal. Of course you can have your pirate character.

I know that one of my three characters will almost certainly be Quartermaster Gloam (The marine sorcerer and no relation to Field Marshall Gloamglozer :D)

Oh. Here is Gloamglozer's bio.

Name: Gloamglozer

Race: Shapeshifter/Ancient being

Height: In Human form 6 foot

Hair: Short, black

Skin: White with a slight tan

Eyes: Black depths that have bright red flying creatures, like dragons etc, floating around when you look into his them

Clothes: In his human form he wears black robes beneath a red cloak. This cloak seems to be able to hold an infinite amount of things from weapons to vials to books etc.

Personality: Gloam is a being of evil or rather was. He still harbours the ancient evil inside but he has come to respect the light side so he has decided to take on a neutrality that only an immortal can. He loves a laugh and a joke. But you would be alot better off if you don't get on the wong side of him.

Skills: He is experienced with all types of weapons and almost all magiks. Infact, he has created his own magical runic language that only he knows. He is also an excellent craftsman. He has created many inventions over the years and knows many crafts, from making weapons to making jewellery.

Weapons: He has his sword named Akallabeth, a sickle, a whip, the staff of forms, a double bladed battle axe, a wrist crossbow, a staff-sword and of course, his shapeshifting powers.

History: He was created with the elements that were there after Eru came into being and began his song.
But he was sucked through a portal into a dark and evil dimension. He emerged from this place a year later as a totally different being. His essence had been forced into a physical form and he had been twisted into Evil.
He wandered Middle Earth and set up a base deep inside Mount Gundabad (Deeper than the orcs or the Dwarves have ever been). Here he waited for many years, crafting his inventions and perfecting his shapeshifting abilities and his new magical language.
He emerged every so often to take part in battles until after the fall of Sauron. At this time he set out and joined many of the new organsistaions that were promoting evil.
Over the years that he has been wandering he has lost most of his evil nature and now respects the good and virtuous.

Favorourite Forms:

1.Handsome human male who is dressed in a long red cloak that seems to hold an infinite amount of items. Is pretty muscular.
2.Blackwood Ent (Ebony) with a large staff, which is topped with a black and red stone.
3.Large Black dragon
4.Griffin(Half fell beast and half balrog type creature)
5. My original form. A huge black winged beast with piercing red eyes.

Other Information.

He has a familiar called Sasha. She is black furred wolf who is joined to his soul.
Gloamglozer is also the bearer of the Air ring of Evil Fliers Koftubel

Gloamglozer
Ranger of the North

Postby Astalder » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:52 pm

I apologize this has taken me so long, and that it is rather incomplete and will probably be varied in some form or another. Also, my brain is a bit scattered about as I spent the last few days working on this after full days of horse training (which is my current job). It is enjoyable, but can be very tiring.

Name: Kael son of Sheph
Race: human
Height: 5’9
Occupation/Skills: Soldier of Fortune (e.g. mercenary), and all that goes along with that. Was a member of Gondor’s army.
Marital Status: Single
Appearance: Medium build, rather toned, average Caucasian skin colour. Not immensely strong, but agile. Shoulder length brown hair, straight, and brown eyes. A few scars here and there from various unfriendly encounters. Usually wears leather fingerless gloves that are black; usually wears a dark brown oilcloth coat, much like a slicker/duster; beneath that a leather vest with steel plates sewed into it. Black steel pauldrons that extends to cover the upper arm as well as steel bazubands (bracers that cover the whole forearm and extend to cover elbow); and steel leg-armour. The helmet is like the Spartan helmets with a long horsehair plume that is not horizontal. Has a tattoo of a fox on his left bicep, with a long white scar underneath.
Weapons/Possessions: 7’ ash spear with leather backing (to give the spear more flexibility), with a detachable 12” leaf bladed tip. Plain longsword with a 32” blade, total 44” with a black handle. 18” dagger on right hip that can be thrown, another 18” serrated dagger, serrated wickedly curved dagger that bends to go around the hand and follows down the forearm for very close skirmishing with a 7-inch blade, and a 8” long bootknife. Kite shield used mainly on horseback, also for use on horse, is a nasal plate and leather wrappings that go around the front legs for protection from shrubs and lighter blows.
Means of Travel: Currently a thick stocky donne of about 1200-1300 pounds (though short for that weight, donne = a dead grass colour) of various breeds mainly quarterhorse. Rather smart and having a fair amount of endurance.
Personality: for me to know and you to find out.
Bio: was conscripted by Gondor’s army at 16. Participated in the fight for Osgiliath, however, was not there for the final battle where it fell as he was a messenger and was at Minas Tirith at the time. He fought at the battle of Minas Tirith and at the Black Gate after that. In the proceeding years he aided in the campaign against the Orc remnants, unfortunately, life had to go on. Times fell hard on the army which as no longer affordable as Gondor’s infrastructure had basically collapsed i.e. all the men fighting, not enough people to run the fields and produce grain and other foods, some fields are destroyed, lack of food. Many people became farmers, Kael tried his hand at this, did not interest him, trained horses, no one needed horses and finally he turned to the only job he was competent at, becoming a soldier of fortune.

More will become apparent as I come up with history.
Astalder
Shield Bearer

Postby Astalder » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:54 pm

double post
Last edited by Astalder on Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Astalder
Shield Bearer

Postby Penny_to_pay » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:00 am

Looks like you got some people Gloam. When we gunna start?
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Postby Gloamglozer » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:18 am

Great Bio Astalder!

Pnny anyone can start from now. I've decided that, as long as people get up a bio some time in the near future, anyone can start as soon as they can.

Yes. I seem to have got in a few people but maybe this little change will get a couple of more people in. :D

Gloamglozer
Ranger of the North

Postby MeganBaggins » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:16 pm

Hey Gloam, can I join? I havn't been a part of a good RP in quite a while, and this looks like its gonna be fab. :wink:

I won't be using my Hobbit Char, I will most likely be a human of some sort.
Aaaanyway, I await your answer!

~Megan~
MeganBaggins
Ranger of the North

Postby Caligo » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:30 pm

Name: Caligo
Race: Half Elf, half man.
Height: 6'0
Weapon: Rope (lasso)
Other Weapon(s): Whip, sword.
Skill: Tracking, and sailing
History: Caligo was born in the brown lands; his parents were killed when he was young. He learned how to track and to hunt and live one his own. He is best at fighting with his rope and really loves to use his whip in battle. Also carries a sword but does not use it very often. Began piracy at a young age, and has done it ever since. He first worked under another pirate before becoming captain of his own ship.
Appearance: Rugged, wears long black cape that is slung over shoulders, short dark brown, almost black curly hair that looks dirty and un-brushed. He has very dark muddy looking eyes, and has a ring on his right hand. This ring has a scorpion on one side of it with an eagle on the other.

This is the only character that I am going to use for now but I may bring some others in later.

Cal :wink:
Caligo
Rider of the Mark

Postby Gloamglozer » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:23 am

You are very welcome MeganBaggins!

You can start posting in the R.P. from now. Just as long as you get a bio up some time in the near future :D

Cal. You don't have to have more than one character if you don't want to.

Great Bio by the way. :D

Gloam
Gloamglozer
Ranger of the North

Postby Caligo » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:34 pm

Okay I have read the first post and will be coming up with my intro post. That was very interesting Gloam. :wink: Very cool now I'm even more excited to get posting.:D

Anyway I did have one question. Can I mix several of my guild characters together? I have used Cal in just about everything, and I just wanted to mix the pirate, the gladiator, and the ring bearer Cal together, if that's all right? :?

Cal
Caligo
Rider of the Mark

Postby Gloamglozer » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:25 pm

That is perfectly fine Cal :)

I eagerly await your first post.

Gloam
Gloamglozer
Ranger of the North

Postby Caligo » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:03 pm

Great thanks!:D I'm typing up the post right away and will have it up as soon as possible! :wink:

Cal :lol:
Caligo
Rider of the Mark

Postby MeganBaggins » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:56 pm

I'll have my bio and post ready as soon as possible! :)
MeganBaggins
Ranger of the North

Postby Penny_to_pay » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:38 am

Hey, Gloam. Was wondering where you anted people to start, or are we just going to merge tales at some point?
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Postby Astalder » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:09 pm

I am not proud of that post, but, it is a start. I haven't done this in so long I find it difficult to get back into the swing of things.

Could you describe the enemy horde more?
What kind of armour?
colour of skin?
what sort of multiple appendages?
what kind of hierarchy is there? is there a breeding hierarchy of the more symmetrical to the least symmetrical creature?
do they have any sort of cavalry? horses, some other creature?
why are they invading?
How many are they? Are they sending out raiding parties of some thousands to test the land first before a major assault?

Is Aragorn still king of Gondor?
How strong is mankind?
Are they attacking Gondor directly from the east after pummeling the easterlings? or are they going to loop through harad while pummeling them?
Has Rhun already fallen to them?

thats all i got for now.
Astalder
Shield Bearer

Postby Taramire » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:36 pm

(deleted post)
Last edited by Taramire on Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Taramire
Shield Bearer

Postby Astalder » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:37 pm

I find it rather acceptable, Taramire but I do not speak for the group. Though by my own nature, not my characters (but perhaps I can add this to my character to increase some of the interpersonal tensions) I do not like Elves. They whine and complain about how the world is becoming evil, cast a few predictions maybe fight a few battles to save face and uphold their elvish glory, then when the fecal matter hits the fan the majority of them get depressed and leave Middle Earth. How pitiful... Legolas as portrayed by the LotR films, did not help this opinion. Accursed skater elf, should be beaten with a large trout, or possibly several large trout at once. Then he should be egged, then thrown into a sauna so the egg can cook to him, then beaten again with trouts. Then regail him with gloomy tales of woe, then have rotting fishguts thrown at him. Then place him with the manically depressed gollum in an cell deep in a mountain where gollum who can fidget and fret about the ring of power. Then beaten with a troll carrying a rather smelly shark or octopus...

Yeah, that's right, you all know what I mean. You just hide from the truth, the Elves in general are a rather sullied group of depressed pansies.

Though, I digress.

I am curious, and this will be fascinating to see, how you plan to have a character who is subdued and thoughtful yet have a restless spirit.
Astalder
Shield Bearer

Postby Taramire » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:00 pm

Is that all you got!

This should be interesting.

"I am curious, and this will be fascinating to see, how you plan to have a character who is subdued and thoughtful yet have a restless spirit."

I'm surprised how you can't see how this can be done. Just wait and you'll see.

So when do we start?
Taramire
Shield Bearer

Postby Astalder » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:43 pm

I await our meeting on the field of personal insults pertaining to but not exclusive to Elves, their mothers, wimpy characteristics, unwanted facial hair, your hair styling which i shall call unkempt and mousy, your gaudy bow, brooding, socio-economic status, and tunafish. Perhaps I might even grow to like an Elf?!?

We start as soon as I get my character a few hundred kilometers north to wherever gloamglozer is. How I will get there I have no idea.
Astalder
Shield Bearer

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)