OOC:Mods Please Lock!

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

OOC:Mods Please Lock!

Postby The-Pirates-Council » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:52 pm

Wellcome All to the Inn of the Corsairs!

All be welcome here, have a seat and the first pint of Rum be on the house. Here be decusin' our tales of the sea and of our conquests around Middle Earth.

If'n we wish to be intrested here be a bit of Info about our ship an crew.

Nox Intempesta - Dead of night

Sample 1
Sample 2
Sample 3

It looks pretty much like in those pictures with a few modifications that I've made over the years. Although it's only a Galleon it is quite fast and very strong. It has 7 square sails, 2 crows nests, a large bunkroom for the mates, large Captains cabin below deck, a separate room and workspace for the carpenter, surgeon and cook, a loot storeroom, galley, high forecastle, high aftercastle, 2 escape boats, can be managed by a small crew, and much more.

The list of the Bio's of the crew will be available once the ship arives in port.

If'n we be wanting to join up our Quartermaster Mr. Gloamglozer will be the one ta see.

~The ranks~
Captain: Caligo (Cal)
Quartermaster: Gloamglozer (Gloam)
1st Mate: Blackthorn (Blade)
Sailing Master:Ace_of_Spades [Sagittarius (Tar or Tarius for short)]
Bosun: (Keeps track of the log book)
Helmsman: The_Other (Mortuus, Mors)
Boatswain: (Knows about most every ship ever created.)
Weapons Master: Carnil_RP (Carnil)
Privateer: T/A (open)
Buccaneer: (Top thief.)
Smuggler: T/A (open)
Rover:The-dreaded-Pirate(Roberts)
Surgeon: Robin_Greenleaf (Robin)
Carpenter: (Repairs and builds ships.)
Cooper: (Makes barrels for the ships supplies)
Cook: Borin_Silversmith (Cookie)
Musician: Tanwen_Luthien (Vanessa)
Watch:(Sits in crows nests and keeps watch.) [Can be 2]
Welder:(Repairs and makes weapons.)
Cabin Boy: (Cleans up the ship.) [Can be several]
Swabbie: Kethasbro (Keth) [Can be several]

Name: Caligo (Cal)
Race: Half Elf, half man.
Height: 6'2"
Marital Status: single
Weapon: Rope (lasso)
Secondary Weapon(s): Whip, sword.
Skills: Tracking, and sailing
History: Caligo was born in the brown lands, his parents died when he was young. Learned how to track and to hunt. Is best at fighting with his Rope and really loves to use his whip in battle. Also carries a sword but does not use it very often. Began piracy at a young age, and has done it ever since. First worked under another pirate before becoming captain of his own ship.
Appearance: Rugged, wears long black cape that is slung over shoulders, short dark brown, almost black hair that looks dirty and un brushed. He has very dark muddy looking eyes, and has a ring on his right hand. This ring has a scorpion on one side of it with an eagle on the other.

~~~~~
Name: Gloamglozer
Race: Shapeshifter (Stays in human pirate form when in this guild)
Height: 6 foot
Weapon: Razor edged cutlass
Other Weapon(s): Two magical rosewood crossbow pistols (small pistol sized crossbows that, because of their magical nature can automatically reload.)
Skills: Many but uses only his skills for sailing, fighting and advising on the ship. He is also a quite powerful marine sorcerer
History: Was born into a family of magicians with the ability to change shape. Unfortunately he didn't really have the ability to shapeshift, but he still classifies himself as one. He was named after a famous shapeshifter.
So he was thrown out of his family and he found himself on a pirate ship. Over the years he has been on many ships and his marine sorcery is quite powerful. But not extremely powerful because a pretty big spell takes his breath away.
Appearance: He is dressed in a long red leather coat. Underneath this he wears the traditional white shirt and black pants which both look well worn. He also wears a head bandanner which is common amongst pirates. At his waist is his cutlass and in hidden holsters underneath the weather worn coat are his magical rosewood crossbow pistols.

~~~~~
Name:Robin Greenleaf,
Race: Half Dark Elf (Drow) and half Human
Apperiance: About 5' !0" tall, long dark red hair, green eyes. Robin normaly dresses in mens clothing when in the company of men but will dress as the Lady if the situation calls for it.
Family: Mother was of a ancent race of Dark elves that are now called the Drow. She left that life when she fell in love with a mortal man and joined him in his life on the sea. Robins father is a Corsair, who fought agenst the Black Numenoreans in the years before the destruction of the one ring. She had a twin brother Carnil that she was seperated from after their mother was killed when she was only 6 years of age and left to live with her Elven Grandmother where she learned her skills as a healer, but was later reunited with upon joining the crew of the Nox.
Skills: She is a highly skilled healer and marks man with the bow that she was given by Blade.
Wepponds: She is highly trained in the use of the longbow, shortbow and the crossbow. Robin is extreamly well skilled in the use of her Lady's sword and also skilled with throwing and fighting with knives.
History: Durring an attack by the Drow, Robin's mother was killed by the Witch (who later turned out to be the blood sister of her mother) and was nealy killed only haveing her imortality taken away from her. From that day She has had to live as a mortal with an powers she had enharited from her mothers side hindered by the Death Curse that was placed upon her life. Robin has untill the day of her 20th birthday to brake the death curse or she will die from it.

~~~~~
Name:Carnil Greanleaf
Race:Dark elf/human,
Family: Mother was of a ancent race of Dark elves that are now called the Drow. She left that life when she fell in love with a mortal man and joined him in his life on the sea. His father is a Corsair, who fought agenst the Black Numenoreans in the years before The destruction of the one ring. He had a twin Sister that he was seperated from after their mother was killed when she was only 6 years of age, but was later reunited with upon joining the crew of the Nox.
Apperance: 6' 2" tall, long dirty blond hair, gray eye's, well toned body from many years at sea.
Skills: he is highly trained in the use of the longbow, shortbow and the crossbow. Carnil is extreamly well skilled in the use of dule fightling blades. He's keen eyes sight give him that advantige to spot and identify a distant ship before they even realize they have been spoted.
History: after the death of their mother, Carnil went on to live at sea with his father. Not much is known about Carnil since then for he will not speek of his past.
Carnil is a good man to have on your side, but is a fearce enemy to fight agenst.

~~~~~
Name:Blackthorn..Aka Blade
Race: human
Hair: black
Height : 7,1
Eyes :emerald green
Background: Has been know as a berserker in fights some times forgets weapons and uses his hands to bludgeon people to death. Born in the north among the barbarian tribes. Learned fighting and weapons in the Thieves and assassins guild buy the guild assassin master Ardamas. Is known to have fits of rage and a short temper.
Weapons:Scimitar's, Throwing knifes, (tonga-Wire used to cut peoples throats from behind) and any thing he can grab close at hand and throw including people.

~~~~~
Name:Roberts
Race: Human (Corsair)
Appearance: 6'7" tall, sholder lenth black hair, brown eyes, unkept bushy black beard. He has a long jaged scar along the left side of his face that goes from his hair line to his chin. He wairs black breeches, white shirt, and red sash around his waist with sword belt over top and a long knee lengh worn over coat and a black tri-corner hat and black knee high boots.
Weaponds: Cutless sword and whip.
History: Has lived most of his life on the sea, starting off as a cabon boy then advancing his way up to First mate under the command of Captain Greanleaf (the father of Robin and Carnil). Has recently joined the crew of the Nox. He is a privet person for the most part, but he thinks of the children of his former Captain like they were his own.

~~~~~
Name: Sagittarius (Tar or Tarius for short)
Father: Taurus
Mother: Virgo
Race: Elves
Height: 5'5 (short)
Marital Status: (Unknown)
Language: Common tongue
Skill: Fighting with the sword
Weapon: Sword
Secondary Weapon: Bow
Appearance: Short, far-sighted, black hair, green eyes, wears a long brown cape with hood, knee high leather boots that fold down at the top, has a bow slung on back under cape and his sword on a belt around his waist.
History: (Unknown)
Personality: He has quick reflexes, good survival instincts, always finishes a task with best of ability, very quick on feet, is always aware of his surroundings, and is an excellent fighter.

~~~~~
Name: Mortuus (Mors)
Race: Men
Height: 5'9"
Marital Status: Was married but his wife died giving birth to their only daughter.
Secondary Weapon(s): 2 daggers
Skill: Fighting
History: Mors was born in Gondor and raised at Minas Tirith. His father taught him how to hunt and fight with a sword, but was sent away to battle and was killed. His mother raised him alone but grew old and died. He soon afterward he met Caligo, who by then was a rugged ruff individual, and they became best friends. Some time after they both sailed away from middle-earth and went their separate ways, Cal became a pirate, while Mors got married.
Appearance: He has brownish red hair, and blue eyes. He is fully man, but does have pointed ears like an elf. He is muscular built and looks pretty much like in that picture!

~~~~~
Name: Vanessa Grace Morcant
Race: Human
Height: Tall
Marital Status: Unmarried
Skill: Singing and music (she is coming to realize that her music has magical undercurrents, although she has not quite mastered it yet). Well educated. Skilled in horseback riding. Swordplay (mainly defensive skills). Sewing and similar textile crafts. Storytelling. Painting.
Weapon: She has her brother�s sword, although she is not proficient in weaponry.
Appearance: Vanessa has thick, wavy blonde hair cut unevenly short and sky blue eyes that lie beneath gently arched brows. Her skin is soft and pale, and she is quite slender and lithe. Her lips are plump and rosy, and her nose is small and straight.
History: Born into a noble, wealthy family, Vanessa lived a sheltered life in her secluded home. Her family history (through her father) has been traditionally associated with the sea, but by her mother�s wishes she and her brother never ventured onto ships prior to her acceptance into the Nox. She always held a curiosity of the ocean, having a close view of it from her family home. Her parents and older brother all died (one by one), which left her fate in the hands of her callous and greedy uncle. It was his wish for her to be married off in an arranged union, but Vanessa escaped in the night and became a runaway.
Personality: Vanessa has a calming air about her, and a natural grace. Her innocence can cause her to be either charming or irritating (depending on the tolerance of those around her). Despite that, she has an inner strength, although she has not realized it yet. While she may seem shy, at times she can be quite open or persuasive. She has a nurturing soul and is quicker to smile than to frown. She tends to be optimistic, although she can have her darker moments. She likes it when everybody is laughing at the same thing as her, and she enjoys sharing experiences with people (i.e. a sunset). She loves music, art and literature, and takes great joy in the natural world and living things. She loves sunrises, sunsets and mist, and thunderstorms thrill her. She enjoys the silence of the night and the way the moonlight pales everything in silver, both sharpening and dulling. She does not yet know what she wants from life, or what she expects from her membership upon the Nox. She is still trying to find her place in the world.

~~~~~
Name: Keth
Race: man
Height: 5 feet
Primary Weapon(s): Two small sword
Other Weapon(s): Bow and arrows and dagger.
Skills: sailing pick pocket tracking hunting
Mother: Elbereth
Father: unknown
History: born in Bree his mother died when he was 4 he lived by picking pockets till about 16. Then he bought a bow and borrowed a dagger he made for the sea on his way acquired a few helpful skills some said he had Dunadan blood in him. In a few year he joined Caligo.
Appearance: black longish hair long sleeve shirt black leather vest black pants brown sea boots and the small swords on his back bow and arrows on his his side and on land he wears a cloak.

~~~~~
All In-active Member Bio's have been removed and stored.

The Pirates Council
Last edited by The-Pirates-Council on Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:59 am, edited 23 times in total.
The-Pirates-Council
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Tethcelebel » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:28 pm

hrm...i'm not sure what to do in an Ooc thread. *laughs* anywhoo...can't wait to get started again 8)

oh! i did have a question, Cap'n. new list of ranks? does that mean we have to re-earn them so to speak? or do we still keep the ones we have and as the new crewmembers come, they choose what they want?

Teth
Tethcelebel
Rider of the Mark

Postby Caligo » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:40 pm

You will still have your same ranks, but we changed a few of the titles and removed a few others. The ones chosen by the members all stayed the same though. :wink:

In the OOC thread we will talk about the IC. Ask questions, recruit new members and such.

Cal
Caligo
Rider of the Mark

Postby The-Pirates-Council » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:21 am

Any Charicter Bio's or Bio Pic can be sent to Robin_Greanleaf@hotmail.com , I will ad them as soon as I can.

~Robin~
The Pirates Council
The-Pirates-Council
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Ace_of_Spades » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:17 pm

Alright here is my bio. :wink: Cal is going to write me into the story in the first post. I think I had said something about wanting to be the sailing master in the other thread, but it looks like someone else beat me to it. :roll: Oh well I guess then I will be the Boatswain, if that's alright. :lol:

I don't have a picture, yet. But I will see if I can find one.

Name: Sagittarius (Tar or Tarius for short)
Father: (Unknown to him)
Mother: (Unknown to him)
Race: Elves
Height: 5'5 (short)
Skill: Fighting with the sword
Secondary Weapon: Bow
Appearance: Short, far-sighted, black hair, green eyes, wears a long black cape with hood, knee high leather boots that fold down at the top, has a bow slung on back under cape and his sword on a belt around his waist.
History: (Unknown)
Personality: He has quick reflexes, good survival instincts, always finishes a task with best of ability, very quick on feet, is always aware of his surroundings, and is an excellent fighter.
Last edited by Ace_of_Spades on Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ace_of_Spades
Shield Bearer

Postby Tethcelebel » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:59 pm

welcome to the crew! 8) *shakes hand* do find a picture! it's fun having a "face" to go with the character :wink:

and i can see a bit of Jason Bourne in him :P :wink:
Tethcelebel
Rider of the Mark

Postby The-Pirates-Council » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:06 pm

Welcome abord Ace,

Since ye have already talked with our Captain I'll add ye strate away. But you'll be needen to be speeking to the Quartermaster about yer task ta prove ye worth :wink:.

And don't worry about Roberts he be only keepin yer post warm for ye:lol:
The-Pirates-Council
Citizen of Imladris

Postby The-Pirates-Council » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:13 am

Alright everyone! I have finished the IC post I hope it works for everyone. If not let me know and I will change it. The person we found in the water was, as you may have guessed, Ace. That is how he wanted to be written in so he better like it! :roll: You may all start posting as soon as you wish. He doesn’t mind if people use his character, since he doesn’t get on mush, but for this first part I would let him deal with what happens to his character. But if you all want to write something about what your character was doing as we passed through the portal and as we sailed to the City of the Corsairs then that would be great!:D

I am also almost done with all the changes I've made to the guild and will have that up soon enough too. Once I am ready I will ask Daefaroth to lock the old thread and I will start the new one. :wink:

Caligo,
The Pirate Council
The-Pirates-Council
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Sith~Happens1292 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:55 pm

Hello! I find this RP quite interesting, but I have a smal, eency-weency question: Do you have to alot about ships to RP?

I know a little bit, but I'm not the captain of anything ( ;) )

~God Bless~
SithHappens
Sith~Happens1292
Shield Bearer

Postby Sith~Happens1292 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:01 pm

...double post..Move along...

~God Bless~
Sith
Last edited by Sith~Happens1292 on Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sith~Happens1292
Shield Bearer

Postby Tethcelebel » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:41 pm

hi Sith!

no, you don't. it's a very easy RP, and you can learn as you go along. you'll just need to talk to the Captain about joining :wink:

Teth
Tethcelebel
Rider of the Mark

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:49 pm

Yea it's finaly up, Hip hip hurray.

As my beloved Captain ( sorry Cal but It's not you this time :wink: ) would say, Drinks all around.

I'll be working on my posts later tonight after I put my monsters to bed (Or should I call the Pigmy Cave Trolls :? ).

Great Job Cal.

Robin
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby Caligo » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:48 pm

Hello Sith! :lol: No you don't have to know much at all about ships. I'm the Captain but I don't even know that much, just what I've read from books and stuff. I'm sure you know enough to be able to wing it. I do have a list of pirate or seaman terms here at our guild if you want you could swing by there and check it out. :wink:

If you want just post a bio here, doesn't have to be long, or you could even e-mail it to either me or Robin.

Robin_Greanleaf@hotmail dot com
Caligo-@hotmail dot com

Now Gloam can take it from here. :wink:

Cal
Caligo
Rider of the Mark

Postby blackthorn » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:30 pm

Hello Sith, are you a fan of TG? :)

any ways I am posting in here just to say hello and will put up something soon.

nice post Robin. :wink:
blackthorn
Rider of the Mark

Postby Borin_Silversmith » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:19 pm

Hello Sith, and Ace too.. just wanted to welcome you to the Corsairs...

I be Cookie the best cook you'll find on the high seas..

I've got a post but it won't be up until tomarrow. don't worry I'll get my Bio to Robin and find a picture too.

Borin
Borin_Silversmith
Ranger of the North

Postby Carnil_RP » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:43 pm

Here you go Teth, he's in your cort now :wink:

Hey I only have 100 more post to go yippie,

Oh Sith, this is Robin,(hee hee) and welcome once again
Carnil_RP
Citizen of Imladris

Location: Hidding from my sister Robin Greenleaf in a near by tavern!

Postby Tethcelebel » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:13 pm

just wanted to let everyone know i'm not going to be able to get on as much this weekend because my brother is getting married. 8) :) so yah...keep going and i'll do my best to keep up with everything, even if i can't post.

Robin, *chuckles* yep...now he's back...or at least, just keeping watch :wink:

hey, Ace, you need to wake up now :P
Tethcelebel
Rider of the Mark

Postby Gloamglozer » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:20 am

Aaahharr me Hearties!

Sorry mate I couldn't resist :D

But really. I'm sorry I was just having a POTC moment then.

Anyway.

Welcome Sith!
Your task, if you choose to accept it, is to bring me a cask of the finest ale which is currently in a store room in the city. This wine was apparently made by one of the Blue wizards.
Be gone with you and when you return I want an exciting account of how you beat whatever guards there were and how you got the cask out of the iron strongroom.
Remember. I love a good yarn.

One thing though I don't know if you do it in the R.P. or the Guild. That is something my fellow council members have neglected to tell me :D

Right.
I'll get a post up tonight.
See you later.

Quartermaster Gloam
Gloamglozer
Ranger of the North

Postby The-Pirates-Council » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:53 am

Oh sorry guess I never thought of that. Um....we should probably post it in the guild rather than here. So Sith when you are ready just post your task in the guild. That one will eventually be locked so I can open a new one with new rules, but you may post in there for now. :wink:

Cal,
The Pirates Council
The-Pirates-Council
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Ace_of_Spades » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:34 pm

I'll be posting in the RP real soon. Cal and me have been talking about some twists for the story line that are really good. So I hope to have a post up by tomorrow, I think I'm off work in the morning and should have time then to post.

So I don't think I ever had to complete a task yet. Do I still have to do that before posting?
Ace_of_Spades
Shield Bearer

Postby olddwarf » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:00 am

Ace of Spades, maybe you could be interested in dwarfs marching to Moria, to regain our kingdom of old?
olddwarf
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Ace_of_Spades » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:06 pm

Muwahahahahaha! :twisted: I love the plan we have worked out here Cal! The first installment has been completed!

I'm awake now, go ahead and use my character if you like, just don't make him give away too much info.

olddwarf, I don't really have a dwarf character yet. I just picked that flag when I joined because I liked the color, not because of whom it stood for. But I may come by later and join when, or if I come up with a dwarf character.
Ace_of_Spades
Shield Bearer

Postby Gloamglozer » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:02 pm

Ace_of_Spades I will give you a task soon. But I am way too busy at the moment :D

I'll post it tommorrow

Gloam
Gloamglozer
Ranger of the North

Postby Caligo » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:40 pm

Ah good Ace! :lol: I like our plan too, but don't give too much away, we want it to be a surprise. :roll:

I will try to post soon. I really need to work on some posts for other RP's right now though. :oops: We are at port now, or at least should be. So anyone can make us go ashore if they like? That may make it more interesting?

Cal
Caligo
Rider of the Mark

Postby blackthorn » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:56 pm

well i got my first one posted . :)

Sorry about what i did to cal but it was only a dream. :|

I wonder what cal and ace have up there Sleeves.. :roll:
blackthorn
Rider of the Mark

Postby Tanwen_Luthien » Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:06 pm

Hello children!
I am here!
I'm going to be busy until around the 14th of April or so, so I won't be able to rp 'til then.
:cry2:
Oh well.

Say, can anybody tell me where to find good fantasy pictures for my bio?
I don't know where to look...

Welcome Sith!
Don't worry about nautical knowledge; I only know that a ship "is freedom".
:D

Hey Celebel, where's your brother getting married, cause we had a wedding party going on next door last night.
:o
That would be a bit TOO coincidental.
And I doubt you're in Australia.
:P
Tanwen_Luthien
Ranger of the North

Postby Robin_Greenleaf » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:37 pm

hey Tanwen,

Try epilogue.net that's where I found mine. But I think Cal knows of another good websight as well.

Its good to see you,

Robin
Robin_Greenleaf
Ranger of the North

Postby The-Pirates-Council » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:18 pm

I edited the first post and added Mors' profile with a picture, just so everyone knows. Ace also told me to add the picture he picked out in case you would like to know what he looks like. :wink:

That is the site that I found my pictures and where I sent Ace. I looked and looked all over the web and could not find another site that had good pictures. But I did finally settle for the ones I found on epilogue. The one for Mors is perfect! Just what I was looking for, for him. But the one for Cal is not quite what I had in mind, but for the most part works.

BT, I'm glad that was only a dream! I wouldn't have been too happy I think otherwise. :wink: lol

Cal
The Pirates Council
The-Pirates-Council
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Tanwen_Luthien » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:39 am

None of the pictures really fit Vanessa...
:(
I'll sketch one of my own when I have time.
Maybe I'll watercolour it as well.
Tanwen_Luthien
Ranger of the North

Postby Caligo » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:12 pm

Wow are you that talented Tanwen? I can draw a little but not people very well. I can't wait to see it if you do! :lol:

I'll have a post up by tomorrow, too lazy to type one up now. :roll:

Cal
Caligo
Rider of the Mark

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)