OOC: Red Sunrises

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

OOC: Red Sunrises

Postby elerrina_narloth » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:36 am

I will repeat here: THIS IS NOT AN INN! so don't have that in your head :)

this RP is centered around the time of the sack of Eregion. This includes the long period in which Elrond and Gil-Galad were cautioning Eregion in regards to the rings of power, and Eregion's folly in ignoring them. The sack of Eregion and in that the founding Imladris.

This is my favorite time period of ME and my favorite battle with my favorite characters...so I figured it was a good idea to place my first RP in that era :)

Elrond, Gil-Galad, Celebrimbor, and Galadriel and Cirdan are characters that are nescessary to the story, but they can also be non-played Characters...whatever you would like. Characters that are canon and existed around that era are welcome as well, though I would suggest that we stay with few if any men, as I am not sure if they were even in ME at that time. Don't quote me on that, but if they were there they were new, and just establishing their kingdom. Elven Warriors, citizens of Eregion and Lindon are all needed as well :)

For my Character:

Name- Celebrian

Gender- female

Race- Noldorin/Telerin elf

Hair- long and shiny gold

Eyes- blue

Attire- white, silver, and blue robes with silver girdles

weapons- none

Personality- kind and gentle, always thinks of other people. She is strong and at the same time rather sensitive, making her a somewhat unpredictable character. She has limited forsight, and rarely does it aid her, it really only comes in dreams and visions.

History- she is the daughter and second child of Celeborn and Galadriel (note: I am going with the unfinished tales with says that Amroth was a child of Celeborn and Galadriel.) Usually lives in Lothlorien but is in Lindon with her parents now.

Important facts- this is also the time period where Elrond and Celebrian fall in love, so maybe it is best that Elrond is unplayed :wink:

I don't know if this will go anywhere, but my main plot plan is going to be the fight against Sauron to hold Eregion, and later Imladris and Lindon.

NOTE: dwarves needed! :wink:
Last edited by elerrina_narloth on Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby Penny_to_pay » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:20 am

MInd if i come on board.
I'll grab my bio.
Is it ok if i'm a man?
I can change it is you want? :o
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Postby elerrina_narloth » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:37 am

hmmmmm...........if you can come with a fitting story for a man to be in Elrond's army at that time............I think we can work it out! nice to have some one here! :)
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby Penny_to_pay » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:51 am

What if i am not a man, i'm somthing like the Istari? Like a fire spirit or something like that. You know my bio, so it would kinda work. I don't know what you reckon? What if with Gandalf? I know it ain't in the actual story, but it would kinda make sense?
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Postby rowanberry » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:26 pm

I'll see where this plan will lead, and maybe join with my two characters from another RP, elves who lived in Eregion in the Second Age. I'm not sure yet though.

Penny, if you want your character to be a human, he could be a Númenórean exploring Middle-earth; they sailed there at that time.

On the other hand, the Istari didn't come to Middle-earth until around 1000 of the Third Age so, Gandalf wasn't around yet at the time of the fall of Eregion.
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Penny_to_pay » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:15 am

Sorry, getting confused.

Had another thought though. How about a cgharacter that is in fact an elf, but was partially tortured by Morgoth and and the original Orcs, but was released when he finally fell?
Is my Chronology totally out here, or does it work? I was thinking pretty much the same bio, but make him an elf instead? And give him a bit more depth in the bio?
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Postby Mithnen » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:18 pm

You've caught my attention! I have an Elf character that would work. I'll have to change some of her history to fit the story so I suppose I'll post a bio soon :)

.mithy
Mithnen
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:22 pm

Penny~ this elf would be very very old, but it could work!

Mithy~ yay! glad to see you here!
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby Penny_to_pay » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:36 pm

Suits me. What if i didn't live with the other elves, that way no one would know that i existed, and so no one would know i was that old? I can think of something else if you want me to? I don't mind, i was just chucking out ideas. :lol:
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Postby elerrina_narloth » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:46 pm

penny~ it just needs to fit the story line, so whatever works best with this character..........if you came to it, you could even play a resurrected character like Glorfindel, who endured death by a balrog.........whatever you think is best for the character
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby Penny_to_pay » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:51 am

Cool. I will work out a bio for him. Resurrection sounds like a good idea. Lots of funky stuff.
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Postby elerrina_narloth » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:18 am

can't wait to see it! :)
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby Penny_to_pay » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:17 pm

Name:Akasha
Sex: Male
Appearance: 6’5” Long dark hair and sunken face, not very attractive. Scars cut deep into his face, leaving sharp shadows across his features. He normally wears a face mask that reveals the top part of his face for he has a ‘fish hooking’ scar. He wears black or brown leather or wool, well fitting and virtually silent.
Weapons: Anything he decides to use, but usually knives. The personal touch is always nice.
Other: There is deep history that even he does not know himself. He was resurrected many years ago, after the fall of Morgoth. But he knows he was captured by Morgoth before this time and tortured so his memory and most of his soul was destroyed, shattered into pieces by the pain. But his heart remained true to himself, if nothing else. He usually lives in Mirkwood, the nasty bits, but only to learn the ways of the evil and the tyrannous. He kills and hunts. He has no other purpose and all other pursuits have been forgotten since his day of resurrection, which was before the fall of Eregion, before the parting of the ways, before Men became great. He feels no love for he has found nothing to love. He feels deserted by himself and everything he sees has disappeared, even the immortality of the elves is not as pure as it once was. But he stays alive and in Middle-Earth because of hope. The hope that things will change and that he can make that change.

Hope this is OK. I know i wrote it so it doesn't fit in but it will be ok i hope? :?
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Postby elerrina_narloth » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:05 pm

I think that will work wonderfully....now what will his connection to Elrond and Gil-Galad and Eregion be? I think he will fit quite nicely though!
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby Mithnen » Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:31 pm

Nice character, Penny :)
OK, I really really edited this one for the sake of convenience ((esp. the history)) so I hope you guys like it!

()()()

Name: Tasarë (“Willow”)

Race: Elf (Nandor/Noldor)

Age: Born circa I 550, so roughly 1,730 at the time of the fall of Eregion

Appearance: Tall, lithe, and pretty much Elven-looking: clear skin, long blond hair she keeps tied together in the back, clear blue eyes, and a calm, beautiful face. Nothing outstanding about her appearance. Wears a weathered green cloak over a worn brown tunic, after the fashion of her father’s kin, the Laiquendi of Ossiriand. A quiver of arrows are at her back, a sword at her side, and and two long daggers in miniature sheaths are her weapons. Wears a ring on her left index finger that was crafted after a melorn leaf. It used to be her father’s, and often she finds herself twirling it around her finger.

Personality&Abilities: She's been told that she has more stamina and speed than others and she prides herself on that. Her aim is deadly accurate with the bow and she's a rather good knife fighter. These qualities make up for the fact she hates the sword and will only use it in extreme cases, arguing that it’s a brute’s weapon and lacks grace. She's quiet, in a word, and when she speaks it's usually something of importance. Wisdom is also a quality that's been attributed to her on many accounts. She laughs at good jokes and good times, and will recount a tale or two if requested, but other than that she's very straight-laced and level-headed.

History & Family: Her mother, Galadwen, was one of the Noldor who went East before the rising of the Sun and Moon in Arda, bringing the end to the Years of the Two Trees. She had traveled as a handmaiden to Galadriel (then known as Alatáriel) with Fëanor out of the Blessed Realm and had witnessed the horrendous Kin-slaying at Alqualondë. She did not often speak of it. Once when Tasarë had ventured to question her mother, Galadwen would not reply, and so Tasarë never knew the extent of her mother’s involvement of the Kin-slaying. She guessed the fates of her grandparents when she had asked Galadwen of her family. Her mother had simply stated that she, “had not seen them for many years.” Tasarë forgave her mother of her silence and detachment when she learned the fate of Galadwen’s two brothers, father, and mother from Galadriel. Fëanen, Mírion, and her father, Elagar had been slain when the company reached the eastern shores of Aman. Arelen, Galadwen’s mother, then threw herself into a fire out of grief. Galadwen made the crossing alone and in mourning, knowing that her family would wander Oblivion until the breaking of existence.

Her father, Laigilion, was of the Nandor, a Green-elf of the Laiquendi of Ossiriand. He fought many battles against Morgoth’s hordes and won great renown among all of the Eldar. He often went on ambushes with the Edain against Morgoth’s orcs. Upon meeting Galadwen, he fell instantly in love. He put aside his bow for one whole year and they made their home together in Lórien with the Silvan Elves. It was there that Tasarë was born and raised. She was named by her father, who took his grandmother’s name for her. Her grandmother was a friend to Lenwë before he abandoned the Nandor at the Misty Mountains and was later held as a chief councillor to Denethor when he led the Nandor to Ossiriand. Tasarë reveled in the time they spent together. When Laigilion was not on campaign, he spent days teaching the bow to his daughter. He prided her the way others would pride their sons. One day, he called Tasarë to him. He explained to her the significance of the ring he wore on his finger (which is too lengthy to recount here), and then told her that he wished her to wear it from then on. The very next day he set out for war. He had proved his valor in every great battle of the Wars of Beleriand, but was slain in the Siege of Angband, at the end of the War of Wrath.

Tasarë was relatively young during the War of Wrath, though not too young to forget her father. Galadwen would never forget the fact that Laigilion had been slain, nor would she let Tasarë forget it. After many years, she began to feel inadequate to Galadwen, as if she blamed her for her father’s death. Around II 1500, she ran away from the Golden Wood to try and prove her worth while her mother relocated to Eryn Lasgalen (the name of Mirkwood before the coming of the Darkness to that place) as a result of her loneliness and grief. Tasarë went into the Wild and that is where we'll presently find her!

()()()

*whew* hope that's OK. I really cut the history and ended rather abruptly but I figured that her being in the Wild would give her an excuse to come into the story somehow :)

.mithy
Mithnen
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:28 pm

ok GREAT character Mithy.........just need to change her birth time as she is born at the time of the story right now.......but I love her! :wink:
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby Mithnen » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:39 pm

Eregion wasn't founded until the Second Age right??
I'm confused :?

.mithy
Mithnen
Ranger of the North

Postby Penny_to_pay » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:27 pm

Wow! What a bio!! Never made one that long before!!! *whistles n disbelief* Love the character though.
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Postby elerrina_narloth » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:26 pm

Mith, the story is about the fall of Eregion, that battle and the events surrounding it..........and I'm not sure as to the date of founding, but it fell quite early second age

EDIT: I'm sorry Mith, I misread your bio, I thought you said she was born at the fall of Eregion......ok, I'm cool now........so so so sorry!
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby Slugwortz » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:08 pm

“Oh is this an inn? I love inns. :) I’ll take a room for ten. I’ll take a wake up call at 5 AM for every room but my own. I’d also like a call at one in the morning, two in the afternoon, and every ten minutes between seven at midnight. I would also like to know if we could move casual Friday to Wednesday. :wink:
I’ll be checking myself in now… do you have a pool? I love pools. I’ll need twenty of your hardest-to-fold towels. *takes all twenty towels and throws them into the pool* “Well it just isn’t a pool with out a bunch of wet towels.” :thumbsup:

Name: Helmohair

Race: Italian

Appearance: Short, squat and greasy. Covered with bristly black hairs.

Personality & Abilities: None

History: boring…parents were either tall dwarfs, short Dunlenders, or hairless wolverines. Lacking both manners and social skills, either due to his abusive upbringing or his public school education. Spends most of his time outside, as those inside complain of the smell.
No weapons or combat experience, although once killed a groundhog with a stick.

Weapon of choice: Dirt clods. :heart:

:mightysquid:
Slugwortz
Citizen of Imladris

Postby elerrina_narloth » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:42 pm

seems we have a prankster among us..........read forum guidelines, this is Middle Earth only, there are no such things as 'Italians' in Middle Earth :roll: and if you want to be part of this RP I would suggest you go with something appropriate to the story line
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby Penny_to_pay » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:37 am

Shes got a point. This aint gunna work if you have to much of a sense of humour. Your character reminds me of Nobby, from the Discworld books. Check out their RP in the Lighter side if you want something like that. :lol:

When we gunna start Narloth?
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Postby elerrina_narloth » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:43 am

hmmmmm..........well as soon as possible, we have three characters....do you think that is enough to start?
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby Penny_to_pay » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:56 am

Heh, we only got the two of us in the Green Dragon, and i think we are doing ok in there? We can always write people in. :lol:
Penny_to_pay
Shield Bearer

Postby elerrina_narloth » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:57 am

:lol: very true! I will get the RP thread up as soon as I can :wink:
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby Mithnen » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:47 am

((hehe, that's ok elerrina, mistakes happen :) ))
okey-dokey, let's get this started. I'll try to post IC tonight

.mithy

<edit> yeah, penny, back in the day lots of people made intricate bios for their characters. substance is pretty much requisite for survival. that's the way I learned at least :) </edit>
Mithnen
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:34 am

hey Mith, can't wait to see you there!
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby mithrandir111 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:48 am

I like the look of this thread and would like to join. I will post my bio below. :)

Name - Calen Fallener
Gender - Male
Race - Elven
Age - Born I 711 so about 1570 at time of story.
Position - Loyal captain to Elrond

Appearance and gear - Shorter than the average elf, slim, Dark raven hair worn long and free. Fair to look upon, as the elves are, light grey eyes with flecks of blue and usually a thoughtful look in them. Kit - A brown top made of comfortable but hard wearing material, Silvery-grey cloak and dark green trousers. Armed with a beautifully carved bow (carved like a branch with a creeping tree wrapped a round it.) of dark wood, A quiver of arrows with pure white feathers, two medium sized fighting knives attached on his back and an elven long-sword at his side (handed down to him by his father so it has seen much service.) Also wears a pouch of herbs for medicinal purposes. And secretly wears a necklace given to him by a female elf that he once knew.

Personality and traits - Master bowmen, fine swordsmen, very fleet of foot even for an elf. Very aware of his surroundings he doesn't miss much of what is going on, a natural hunter. Considered wise and quiet by those who know him. Although he cares deeply for others and their struggles which can lead to outbursts of passion in their defence which can make him look irrational to others. Loyal and head-strong (is nobodies fool). Has learnt to heal using natural remedies but also has a natural gift of healing.

History - Father: Telastald, was a great warrior and captain of the Noldorian.
Mother: Tindome - very good at making bows and arrows. Also a healer. One of the Sindarin
Last edited by mithrandir111 on Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mithrandir111
Ranger of the North

Postby elerrina_narloth » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:13 pm

Awesome bio Mithrandir!!!! great to have another player!
elerrina_narloth
Ranger of the North

Postby Mithnen » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:53 pm

mithrandir111 - nice character, good post, welcome aboard!

OK, so I finally got to posting. A combination of midterms and writer's block kept me from doing it sooner :)

.mithy
Mithnen
Ranger of the North

Next

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)