OOC: Cold Nights, Strange Days

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

OOC: Cold Nights, Strange Days

Postby Wanderlei » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:28 pm

Welcome to the RP.

If you have any question or would like to point out any inconsistancies, ask and point away.

Let's get things started with my goals:

This is, in essence, a freeform RP. I have the vaguest of ideas and they are all disposable. It is up to the RPers to decide where the story goes. I present a frame, I paint a few strokes, then I give the brush to you.
Feel free to alter the story to your liking while considering the overall flow and input of others.

After reading all this and putting up a profile, make an introduction post when you are ready. As you can see in mine, nothing much is happening. The events have not yet started, but they are moving into place.

The Frame:

Time: Around 700 years into the Fourth age. It is a cold evening in December.

Place: A made up trading town called Shorebank. Here is a map showing where it is. It's situated roughly before the North-South road splits.

( Original source of the map in question. )

Politics: The current King's name is Anarion. He has two younger brothers. A young King, he is not married. Currently off doing battle or negotiating with some unknown problems in the south. No one knows what exactly. Everything else is hearsay and rumor. A character like mine would not know of any court intrigues.

Conditons: With the King and many officials off in the South and with their hands full with many matters of (supposed) import, the roads that were once well maintained are now being encroached upon by the wildnerness. Bandits roam freely and many are the strange creatures that now walk the Earth. After the prosperity and wellness of the New Age, things have come full circle as they are wont to and it is a time of mystery and danger once more.

Some guidelines. Interpret them as you will:

Not everything should or will go as planned. Things will get messy.

Magic is allowed though not encouraged. However, it must be subtle. Sort of Gandalf in the Hobbit subtle.

Elves are a no go. At least in the beginning.

Go ahead and take charge of the story now and again and make it up as you go along. I won't mind, honestly, though I may debate a few points with you.

If you'll be away for a sizeable chunk of time, either write yourself out or give us some warning/direction on how to handle your character.

Make use of the OOC. Ask questions, debate ideas, etc.

Finally, character profiles:

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b]

[b]Visual Appearance:[/b]

Feel free to add a biography, however it is optional.

Characters:

Wanderlei's Character
Name: Alain Gareth

Visual Appearance: Alain is a smooth faced, slim hipped youth, brown of hair and eyes. There is a hint of ruggedness in him, suggesting he is not unused to the road.
He wears a dark cloak of thick cut with a hood. Beneath are comfortable plainclothes of brown and black, loose fitting dark breeches and travel worn boots that look a bit on the heavy side.
His expression is one of reserved calm, but he looks easygoing enough. Weapons he may or may not have, it is not readily apparent at first glance.
Last edited by Wanderlei on Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wanderlei
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Sirion » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:32 pm

My apologies. Seeing as it was the roleplay itself up first, I did not think you were making an OOC thread. I will put up my biography soon.
Sirion
Shield Bearer

Postby Sirion » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:45 pm

Name: Moor Domien

Visual Appearance: Moor is an aging man, and yet he keeps the body of a strong, healthy man half his age alongside the fire with his experience. His face and body are of rugged quality, and he smells strongly of the woodlands and the dust of the road. He has a thick brow and a stout jaw, covered as it is in a rough, tangled beard of brown and the coming of gray. The same gray is spread randomly throughout his great mop of hair, as tangled as his beard and dry like straw. It falls in lengthy fashion, and he keeps it tied back in a tail.
His clothing is simple. Common garments are worn beneath leather and mail, and a thick sword belt of three tiers wraps snugly around his flat stomach. His hands are bare, and his boots are thick and sturdy. A great, thick cloak covers his shoulder and envelopes his sturdy form, and a hood is attached to this.
Moor carries only a long dagger, simple folded steel, and a two-handed sword he forged himself as a younger man. The sword is near five feet, with a two foot fuller, the steel of it folded over several times. The cross guard curves slightly away from the blade, an ever so slight crescent guard over his hand. The hilt is wrapped in brown leather and broken into three parts by steel rings; the pommel is simple and oval in shape. It is well concealed at most times within his cloak, but he cares not for who sees it and who doesn't.
Sirion
Shield Bearer

Postby Wanderlei » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:46 pm

Not a problem. Your post is fine too. Just as an additional warning: The pace of this RP will not exactly be swift. Active, but not swift.
Wanderlei

Postby ProblemChild » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:50 pm

Name: Everlaen

Discription: She is a short, petite woman with blonde hair and sky-blue eyes. She is fair-skinned, but strong and hearty from her previous life in Bree. Back in her hometown, at the age of 23, Everlaen had become suitable to usurp her father's job and become a guard of the front gate. Hating her inhereted occupation, she reluctantly worked her night shift for 4 years until her younger brother turned 21 and was able to take over her job.
The day she finally left Bree was the same day that her father died of alchohol poisoning. However, Everlaen did not know of this news until her brother came to visit her a month later. She had established a home for herself in Shorebank from her earnings in Bree. The people of the area had taken a liking to her and she learned to sew from some of the older women. With her newfound talent and eloquence, she soon found herself as a wealthy and prosperous tailor.

((my character isn't exactly a great warrior, I hope that's okay.))
ProblemChild

Postby ProblemChild » Wed May 02, 2007 5:17 pm

i guess rping just isnt my thing anymore, so i'm going to leave this thread. i already deleted my post. sorry for the inconvenience and farewell.
ProblemChild

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)