~ The Mists of Eriador ~ OOC and Character Bios

Pull out your pack and head on down to the Prancing Pony for some great Role Playing (try to stay in character)!

Postby Hunter » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:57 pm

~

Oh my gosh! Thank you Celebrimbor32! I too remember reading your tale in the Scriptorium and for you to say you like reading our tale, well, quite frankly it leaves me a bit speechless and a tad bit nervous.

I know that some people like to read stories here in the Pony, (I'm one of them), but I try not to think of it too often. I don't know why, I just do. So please if you find any glaring mistakes as I write about Rhudaur, don't hesitate to to let me know. What I have written so far comes from a little bit of research and alot of imagination.

Oh, and I see Arassuil has posted a link to a new tale you've started. I haven't had alot of free time, but as soon as I do, I'll stop by and give it a read. And by the way Arassuil, you are just as much a star of this show as Raven and I. :)

Thank you again for the kind words Celebrimbor32. :)

Hunter

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Morghan~Lachlan » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:21 am

Arassuil, I decided to end here in case you would like to add anything before I write my piece about Morghan waking up. She (and I for that matter) might have missed seeing something out of place or a clue to what happened at the Inn. I read over the posts concerning the morning they left and can’t come up with anything else other than what I already wrote. I did leave out the note Raven left to be found but can’t figure out for the life of me what- 'The chill wind breaths even as the sun sets and the trees sing to its coming frost.' might mean! Guess Morghan didn’t pay attention to all the teachings of her father! :doh:

Also I hope I’ve gotten Malassuil right so far. I took him over more than I intended, but I’ve been planning in my mind that Anna would be the one to discover a piece of the puzzle about Morghan and her memories and the time seemed ripe for it to happen. :) (Almost had it happen back in Bree, but it didn’t seem the right time.)

Oh, and before I forget… your previous comment about the Bloodcrows… I got a few ideas down on paper concerning their background and would love to know what you think about some of them. Want to compare notes?

Morghan~Lachlan
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Celebrimbor32 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:22 am

Gentlemen, I am more than happy to heap praise upon those who have earned it, as all of you have so far! Everyone involved in this thread has done a very fine job of portraying their character's lives and the lands of Eriador. Of course, I have only skimmed the last few posts thus far, but will try and start from the beginning over the next few days as much as my free time will allow me. If I come up with any suggestions or comments as I progress into your thread I'll let you know if you really want. Incidently, I, too, thank you for your kind words regarding my old Cardolan tale :) If you ever have any constructive comments to provide on the new version I am writing now I would, of course, heartily welcome them!
Celebrimbor32
Ranger of the North

Postby Arassuil » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:05 pm

Celebrimbor32, I gave the first post of your new tale a read last night, & thought it sounded quite good. Wasn't able to get deep into the second post as yet though, but when I do I'll be sure to comment in your commentary thread over there. And do feel free to leave commentary here on Mists, as I think it good to share thoughts and imagery of Eriador and the lands north that were only touched upon in Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, & the appendices. :)

Morghan! Excellent writing! That was a most excellent post! I may be able to add a short post explaining the note and such to help yo go on some more, but much more than that may be awhile yet. I need to back-read a bit to regain my bearings on some points in the story before I post more, & I would love to compare notes on the Bloodcrows!

It was surely an eventful (RP) day! To give an outline on a bit of the general weather scene here; I envision the weather having finally turned to Autumn crap and the rain will be rather persistent... heavy with wind at times, and fog, mist, and drizzle at times. It will be cold too, but not so cold as to cause it to snow at the inn. Maybe in the high country to the northeast which may come into play with posts there. It will be a few days before the sun makes an appearance again, for any breaks will happen at night and will allow the moon to light the land in brief and varying degrees. I'll have to back-read to see what phase the moon is in as I can't recall right off if it had been mentioned. Anyway, I have a reason for this as will be made clear in my coming posts.

Well, off to read a bit and see what I come up with!
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby RavenTinuviel » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:36 pm

:blush: Thank you Celebrimbor for the kind words about this story. I have to say a lot of my vision of the lands and all came from reading your story in the Scriptorium. And I think Hunter, Heliona, Claymore, and Arassuil are the stars here as I have been absent too much of late to contribute much. Also, I have not been able to dedicate much time to keep up with it all anymore, and find myself online less and less. So much in life has changed since I started this project in 2006 that it seems like a lifetime ago. The feeling and drive I had for writing just is not there anymore, and one has to have the drive to be able to contribute to writing a collaborative story. So I have written myself out of this tale, and finished all other tales which I have been a part of. I do offer up any and all other characters I created to be used (or ignored) in any way anyone sees fit. Do keep writing this, as I hope to come back to read now and then. But I just cannot try and contribute anymore.

Namarie,
Raven
RavenTinuviel
Ranger of the North

Postby Hunter » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:35 am

~

Namarie Raven,

How well I remember when you first open The Forsaken Inn. I thought to myself, now there’s a place where I can be comfortable. We were both old –school Rp writers and even though we had a bit of a rough start, we both stuck with the story. Sometimes there were long periods where one or both of us did not have much time to contribute, but it was something we had agreed on from the start…and it worked. Writing became fun and exciting for me again, something which you, whether you realize it or not, played a large part in.

And now you are leaving.

Words fail me at this moment as I sit here trying to find a way to express my admiration, respect and understanding of your reasons for leaving, so I will just say thank you from the bottom of my heart just for being you.

Hunter

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Arassuil » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:46 am

Wow. That was unforseen. We wish you the best raven and will try and keep up the standards of writing you asked of us writers in this tale. We worked together to make a tale of a part of this, and I hope what I write from here on out is worthy of the standard you wished for. I, Like Hunter, really have no words to give, for they seem to stumble over themselves in confusion. I can just say that I will do my best with it all. Namarie.
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Morghan~Lachlan » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:20 am

While trying to write a response to your last post Arassuil, I’ve gone round and round with myself trying to figure out how Malassuil, Morghan and Anna can find the answers to some of the questions that face them. In my mind, they need answers to tie up some of the loose ends left dangling before they can move on. The best answer of course would have been Raven, but sadly that cannot be the case. You took over writing the character of Halasian before when Raven was gone, will you pick up the hook I threw? It really is the only solution I can think of, unless you can come up with something different. If you don’t want to, I can delete the last bit and we can try to figure something else out.

Claymore, are you still with us?

Morghan~Lachlan
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arassuil » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:54 pm

No worries Morghan. I can work with that. You give me a lot to work with! My last post was really just something to keep the story rolling as I didn't want to see it die with a major character. Bits of story begat new ideas, and even Tolkien never answered all the questions, so I think some of these questions may not have answers. I think this tale will continue to move, if not grow, even if we're the only writers. :)
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Morghan~Lachlan » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:04 pm

Thank you! :D
I have no plans to leave Arassuil, I'd really like to see this thing through and I don't mind if it is just you and I who are the only ones left.

Morghan~Lachlan
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Arassuil » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:45 pm

I didn't think you would quit writing this as it seems dear to you. I just have been in tales where a key writer leaves and the whole thing grinds to a halt, which is frustrating. So I did my somewhat hasty post a couple weeks back to keep it going. I think this tale will do alright. I took it forward some in my last post. Hope it is in the right spirit. If Anna or Morghan want to say anything before Raven is laid to rest, I left that wide open. I hope I left something for you to work with.

Meanwhile, I'm working hard on things for Halasian to tell, which in looking back at everything, is quite a lot as he had dealings with both Anna, Morghan, and Raven and I don't want to mess with his history. Also, I have a bit of a line on Khul which I scratched together. I will put it up when I think its ready.

Which all this puts my bit on the Bloodcrows on the back burner for a bit. It is only outlines of tale that I have managed to work into some of the other bits concerning Khul. All I can say is Rivendell should be on the alert... :wink:
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Morghan~Lachlan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:14 am

Arassuil, I’m a bit stuck for anything more to write because Morghan only knew Raven for a short time. And Anna never met her. I’m sending you an e-mail with a couple of questions.

Morghan~Lachlan
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Hunter » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:05 am

~

I've been meaning for quite some time to add more concerning Michrel and the Avari (it's been almost a year since I wrote anything about them! :( ). There is still one more post to make concerning them before they will be caught up with the current time frame, hopefully it will be finished this week. My apologies for the delay and for breaking the flow of the story so far, but it was something that needed doing before much more time passed.

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Arassuil » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:16 am

Its good Hunter! I'm glad it's getting tied in. :)

I was worried I wasn't getting on with the tale at the inn soon enough, but I've hit the busy season at work so days have been long and nights done early. I have been writing some here and there, and am working on smoothing it al out before posting, so hopefully this weekend I'll have the next Forsaken post done.
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Hunter » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:22 am

~

I wasn't worried Arassuil, you took on something that was a big task (Halasian, and tieing all the information together), and for that I'm most grateful! {{hugg}} I'm in no hurry so take all the time you need.

I've been busy too and my writing has been done in either spits and bursts of creativity or else just adding a sentence or two because I'm pressed for time. Hopefully I'll get mine done before you post so the flow isn't too choppy.

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Arassuil » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:39 pm

Good to hear Hunter. I'm writing it all up mostly in bursts, editing it, changing it, connecting it, smoothing it out, and trying to check points and all the best I can, but surely things won't be completely right. So it will have to be looked at as a tale told by a man whose memory may embellish some things and skim over other things. Hopefully it does justice to everyone. Should you see something I miss or you are curious about in the storyline, Ask him the questions in-character and I'll do my best to address them. I'll wait untii you bring things together with Michrel before posting. I read back in the earlier Arnor tale that Halasian had himself infiltrated the Bloodcrows, so maybe that was a contributing factor in his current state? I'm working that a bit into my post.
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Hunter » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:34 am

~

Almost done Arassuil, only one last section to go over before I post it. Besides the new post, I added a small bit to the previous post, made it flow better into the next one. Sorry it took such a long time but it couldn't be helped. Promise it will be a few days only this time before the next one is up.

We must be on the same wave length Arassuil! I always wondered what kind of effect it would have on a person who tried to infiltrate the Bloodcrows -how it would change them- that sort of thing, and figured that it could have been one of the causes of Halasian dissappearing and living a solitary life. Can't wait to see what you come up with! (I'm trying my best to show how it is effecting Michrel.)

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Arassuil » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:03 am

Love the tale so far Hunter! I'll try and get the tale moved on by getting Halasian's bit posted here in the coming days (week?). I take it the saved post is to add unbroken to the tale while I go post about events at the Forsaken?
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Hunter » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:07 am

~

It's been a week and I posted like promised even though I haven't finished catching that part of the story up to the current timeline. Sorry but I just couldn't find a way to shorten it because I ended up putting more information in than originally planned. The rest will be finished soon and I left an empty spot in which to place it so the posts will be together instead of scattered. I didn't want to keep you waiting any longer in case your post was ready.

Hunter

~

(edit) lol, almost cross posted! Glad you like it!

!
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Hunter » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:12 am

~

I have edited the posted dated 12-07-2009 by adding a few paragraphs to the end and also edited the saved post dated 12-07-2009 with the rest of the events that happened in Ost-in-Edhil. Finally all of the characters and events in this story should be near enough in timeframe so there will be no more catching up to do.

Rávion and Arvarno will be at Imladris the next time I write about them. As for Rácino and Michrel….well, I’d rather not say yet where they will be!

Have a Merry Christmas Arassuil, Raven (if you happen to stop by to read), Claymore (if you are still here), and to anyone who happens to stop by to read this.

~
Hunter
Ranger of the North

Postby Arassuil » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:56 pm

Happy New Year my Mists of Eriadorian-writing friends! Raven, I hope you're doing ok. Claymore, I hope you haven't abandoned us for your other tales. No worries if you did, it would be good to know.

Good posts Hunter! I'll have to get that Forsaken post up this week while I'm off work. I got it mostly written, but it sits a bit and I re-read it, and it sounds all wrong, so I start tweaking it, and changing this and that, etc. No worries. I will put up whatever revision I get done with shortly.
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Arassuil » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:38 pm

Haven't forgotten about this. In fact, its on the top of my list of writing projects. If only I can quit editing and re-editing my draft post.... :roll: :P
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Arassuil » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:27 am

... and so I end up posting something different altogether. Still have the other stuff held in reserve. Hope this one is ok for now. Don't know if I left anyhooks to carry on with, and I'll have to finish what I started between the Rangers.

This is what happens when you think you can write after a day out... :roll: :P

Edit: Hunter, I think I'm going to write out Halasian from the tale soon, so if Morghan wants to get some answers to any questions this would be a good time to corner him about things. I have some ideas on moving the tale at the Inn forward, and want to get some of the air cleared with Halasian before he makes his disappearance to return again sometime in the future. A bit about his time with the Bloodcrows will come out, but not much. I'l try and use the info you sent me.

Oh yeah, I hope you read this as I'm only editing, not posting anew.
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

All Good Tales Must Come To An End....

Postby Arassuil » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:28 pm

I added a bit to this from some of my notes. Hopefully it will continue.

Nice 10 year pendant Hunter!

Edit Mar 11 2015: Just got back to reading this. Hard to believe it's been 5+ years since this for the most part ended. Been busy writing on other sites, and will admit I'm here mining character information for use in a 4th Age project. It was fun writing this tale! Didn't think it worthy of a new post, as this OOC is settled in next to the story thread.
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Re: ~ The Mists of Eriador ~ OOC and Character Bios

Postby Morghan~Lachlan » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:24 pm

~
Ten years ago I left the boards and this story, life had just grown too complicated and busy for me to continue writing here and leaving this story unfinished was something that always weighed on my mind, especially since I gave no warning or explanation. For this I am truly sorry.

I have added a part to start wrapping up the story, for once I returned to fix the Old Grey Mare’s Reading Room (another thing I had left undone); I felt a pull from this that I could no longer ignore. Writing always made me happy and now once again I have taken it up again for a short time. I hope any of the Mods still left in this quiet section of the boards will allow me to finish this even though I will more than likely be the only one posting here.

Thank you dear Raven for starting this adventure with me, your writing was amazing and always challenged me to be better. I truly hope you are doing well. Thanks also to dear Heliona, Claymore and Sirion for adding to the enjoyable flavor of this story. It was always my intention for this story to be made of stories within the main body of this story to make everything interesting and the flavor of yours posts added that and more.

And Arassuil, I can’t begin to thank you for carrying on with this story as you did. I humbly offer my sincere apology for leaving without a word.

~ aka Hunter
Morghan~Lachlan
Citizen of Imladris

Previous

Return to Role Playing: The Prancing Pony (Middle-earth Only)